Convert retail license to volume license

Hi Guys,

Just installed a new terminal server for one of our clients and went to put
Office 2007 Professional (retail) on it but it says that this version does
not work with terminal services :(  Upon looking into this, it seems that we
need the volume license version for it to work - so my question is: is there
any way we can convert our existing retail licenses (we have about 10) to a
volume license edition that will work on the TS server (and will it cost
anything?) ?
I also read somewhere that it has to be the Enterprise edition of Office
2007 as well but is that true? Seems like a huge rip off to me... the retail
version is expensive enough!

Thanks
Chris

"ChrisW (MCP)" <ChrisWMCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just installed a new terminal server for one of our clients and went to
> put
> Office 2007 Professional (retail) on it but it says that this version does
> not work with terminal services :(  Upon looking into this, it seems that
> we
> need the volume license version for it to work - so my question is: is
> there
> any way we can convert our existing retail licenses (we have about 10) to
> volume license edition that will work on the TS server (and will it cost
> anything?) ?
> I also read somewhere that it has to be the Enterprise edition of Office
> 2007 as well but is that true? Seems like a huge rip off to me... the
> retail
> version is expensive enough!
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Can't be converted and what was said is correct, Professional won't work on
Terminal Services.  Office Professional Plus and Enterprise are the only two
volume license versions.  Not trying to sound nasty but before any software
is purchased in any manner the purchaser should research all options and
plan for the future.  Apparently this was not done when the retail versions
were purchased in your organization.

0
LVTravel
12/11/2009 2:29:19 PM
"ChrisW (MCP)" <ChrisWMCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just installed a new terminal server for one of our clients and went to
> put
> Office 2007 Professional (retail) on it but it says that this version does
> not work with terminal services :(  Upon looking into this, it seems that
> we
> need the volume license version for it to work - so my question is: is
> there
> any way we can convert our existing retail licenses (we have about 10) to
> volume license edition that will work on the TS server (and will it cost
> anything?) ?
> I also read somewhere that it has to be the Enterprise edition of Office
> 2007 as well but is that true? Seems like a huge rip off to me... the
> retail
> version is expensive enough!
>
> Thanks
> Chris

The way to look at the "rip off" is to compare the cost of the retail
version for each machine it is installed on versus the cost of the site
license for the volume installation.

Buy Enterprise or Ultimate for your site population, and add a couple of
sites for growth opportunities, and send Professional home so the boss' wife
can have it on her machine. Or, sell it on eBay and recover some of the
cost.

0
Jeff
12/11/2009 5:38:52 PM
"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "ChrisW (MCP)" <ChrisWMCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Just installed a new terminal server for one of our clients and went to
>> put
>> Office 2007 Professional (retail) on it but it says that this version
>> does
>> not work with terminal services :(  Upon looking into this, it seems that
>> we
>> need the volume license version for it to work - so my question is: is
>> there
>> any way we can convert our existing retail licenses (we have about 10) to
>> volume license edition that will work on the TS server (and will it cost
>> anything?) ?
>> I also read somewhere that it has to be the Enterprise edition of Office
>> 2007 as well but is that true? Seems like a huge rip off to me... the
>> retail
>> version is expensive enough!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chris
>

> The way to look at the "rip off" is to compare the cost of the retail
> version for each machine it is installed on versus the cost of the site
> license for the volume installation.

(That's supposed to say a retail version for each machine that the Office
Suite is installed on, not that the same retail version can be installed on
all of the machines.)

0
Jeff
12/11/2009 5:46:13 PM
Chris

I could not say it better to you as did LVTravel. A bit late now for all the ones
that you have purchased.

--
Peter

"ChrisW (MCP)" <ChrisWMCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just installed a new terminal server for one of our clients and went to put
> Office 2007 Professional (retail) on it but it says that this version does
> not work with terminal services :(  Upon looking into this, it seems that we
> need the volume license version for it to work - so my question is: is there
> any way we can convert our existing retail licenses (we have about 10) to a
> volume license edition that will work on the TS server (and will it cost
> anything?) ?
> I also read somewhere that it has to be the Enterprise edition of Office
> 2007 as well but is that true? Seems like a huge rip off to me... the retail
> version is expensive enough!
>
> Thanks
> Chris

0
Peter

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Convert

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...

converting chart to spreadsheet?
how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart? thanks You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract data from a chart. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E415558-89B6-457B-A340-2A8CE2BA5521@microsoft.com... > how can i revert back to my s...

graphics converter not working
I am using Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter. It has been going well but now that I'm ready to insert pictures from files, it won't work. I get the message saying that Publisher can't convert this picture (it's either that it doesn't recognize the format or there was an error installing the graphics converter and to go to to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is...

Convert VC6.0 CString::Init() code to VC7.1.
How to convert the following code to VC7.1? // Need to declare a descendant of CString to allow access to the Init() member class CStackString : public CString { public: CStackString & operator=(CString const &s); CStackString & operator=(CStackString const &s); using CString::Init; // Make public }; inline CStackString & CStackString::operator=(CString const &s) { CString::operator=(s); return *this; } inline CStackString & CStackString::operator=(CStackString const &s) { CString::operator=(s); return *this; } class CStackValue...

Converting Lotus 123 to Excel
Hi there Is there a staightforward way of converting Lotus 123 worksheets to Excel 2000 without using any third Party Apps and without losing any of the Formula functionality from 123 ? "Paul Duane" <paul.duane@leaseplan.ie> wrote... >Is there a staightforward way of converting Lotus 123 >worksheets to Excel 2000 without using any third Party >Apps and without losing any of the Formula functionality >from 123 ? ..123 files? There are only 3 pieces of software that do anything with them: Lotus 123 itself (32-bit versions), Quattro Pro 10, and DataViz's Conv...

VAT returns for retail shop
Day to day accounting and filing Vat returns every quarter for a convenience shop And your question is? "M. pat" wrote: > > Day to day accounting and filing Vat returns every quarter for a convenience > shop ...

converters
a few years ago I did all my proposals in Apple. Now I want to retrieve some of the data using my Dell and Windows tells me the Apple 31/2 floppy is not formatted! anyone know of a conveter so I can open these floppies? thanks Can u not open these up with a (borrowed, hired or purchased) Apple then eMail / upload those files over the Internet to whatever you need? Hany "WOT231" <jkcorrie@mts.net> wrote in message news:148001c37f19$39d44b30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > a few years ago I did all my proposals in Apple. Now I > want to retrieve some of the data using my Del...

Convert
I am trying to get the 'CONVERT' function on MS Excell 2000 to work. I wish to convert metres to miles. I enabled the Analysis ToolPak by going to TOOLS/ADD INS and put a tick in the Analysis ToolPak box. in a cell I typed CONVERT(100, "m", 'mi") but it didn't work. I also entered 100 in cell A5 and then tried CONVERT(A5), "m", 'mi")) with no result. Could someone please put me on the right track?. Keith Partridge ...