Can I reinstall my 2007 office pro on my new laptop. Old one died

  • Follow

My old laptop has a bad motherboard and i want to install office 2007 on my
new one. I have it installed on my desktop and how do I get a new activation
key.
0
Reply Utf 1/1/2010 6:36:01 AM

Provided its a retail copy of Office, simply install on new PC, having first
uninstalled any Trial version & Activation Wizard and rebooted.
If its an oem version of office, the licence died with the old PC
Retail versions of Office are licensed for two devices for us by an
individual user, excepting H&S which is licensed for three

"Don62" <Don62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My old laptop has a bad motherboard and i want to install office 2007 on
> my
> new one. I have it installed on my desktop and how do I get a new
> activation
> key.

0
Reply DL 1/1/2010 12:00:21 PM

I am having the same problem. I'm having my hard drive wiped and Windows 7
installed instead of Vista. I have H&S and have used the other two licenses
on other computers in the household. Does this mean I have to repurchase the
software or can I use the same product ID to reinstall Office 2007?

"DL" wrote:

> Provided its a retail copy of Office, simply install on new PC, having first
> uninstalled any Trial version & Activation Wizard and rebooted.
> If its an oem version of office, the licence died with the old PC
> Retail versions of Office are licensed for two devices for us by an
> individual user, excepting H&S which is licensed for three
>
> "Don62" <Don62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My old laptop has a bad motherboard and i want to install office 2007 on
> > my
> > new one. I have it installed on my desktop and how do I get a new
> > activation
> > key.
>

> .

0
Reply Utf 1/1/2010 3:19:01 PM

As stated H&S allows for three devices
Its not product ID, which is completely different / seperate, but Product
Key

"laxster99" <laxster99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem. I'm having my hard drive wiped and Windows 7
> installed instead of Vista. I have H&S and have used the other two
> licenses
> on other computers in the household. Does this mean I have to repurchase
> the
> software or can I use the same product ID to reinstall Office 2007?
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Provided its a retail copy of Office, simply install on new PC, having
>> first
>> uninstalled any Trial version & Activation Wizard and rebooted.
>> If its an oem version of office, the licence died with the old PC
>> Retail versions of Office are licensed for two devices for us by an
>> individual user, excepting H&S which is licensed for three
>>
>> "Don62" <Don62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My old laptop has a bad motherboard and i want to install office 2007
>> > on
>> > my
>> > new one. I have it installed on my desktop and how do I get a new
>> > activation
>> > key.
>>

>> .

0
Reply DL 1/1/2010 4:17:58 PM

"laxster99" <laxster99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem. I'm having my hard drive wiped and Windows 7
> installed instead of Vista. I have H&S and have used the other two
> licenses
> on other computers in the household. Does this mean I have to repurchase
> the
> software or can I use the same product ID to reinstall Office 2007?

Assuming the license agreement (EULA) allows multiple installs -- typically
three -- then you get 3 concurrent installs. You can have the applications
running on up to three machines at the same time. If you install on three,
then one goes south, you can install onto a replacement machine -- keeping
the total installed base at three.

0
Reply Jeff 1/1/2010 6:16:20 PM

(page loaded in 0.21 seconds)