why does windows configure office 2007 every time i open document

Every time i open a document in office 2007 home and student , windows
installer configures office and it's irritating!

The next time an Office component wants to re-install itself, let the =
process complete. Then, open Event Viewer and look in the Application =
log for a cryptic message similar to this:

Event ID: 1001
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Detection of product '{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}', feature =
failed during request for component =

followed by:

Event ID: 1004
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Detection of product '{90120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}', feature=20
'ProductFiles', component '{66CD2C91-2A15-4DA4-BBD2-5EC1075F3C0E}' =
failed. The=20
resource 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pip\' does not exist.

The message will contain the name of the Office program that =
re-installed itself. In the above example, it was Word.

If you see that type of Warning, your problem is insufficient registry =
permissions. There is a solution, but it's complicated to implement. =
Post back if you are seeing the Event IDs described above.

"Mumo" <Mumo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Every time i open a document in office 2007 home and student , windows =

> installer configures office and it's irritating!

<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff background=3D"">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The next time an Office component wants to =
re-install itself,=20
let the process complete. Then, open Event Viewer and look in the =
log for a cryptic message similar to this:</FONT></DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>Event ID: 1001<BR>Event Source:=20
MsiInstaller<BR>Description:<BR>Detection of product=20
'{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}', feature 'WORDFILES' <BR>failed =
request for component '{8E46FEFA-D973-6294-B305-E968CEDFFCB9}'</DIV>
<DIV><BR>followed by:</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Event ID: 1004<BR>Event Source:=20
MsiInstaller<BR>Description:<BR>Detection of product=20
'{90120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}', feature <BR>'ProductFiles', =
'{66CD2C91-2A15-4DA4-BBD2-5EC1075F3C0E}' failed. The <BR>resource=20
'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pip\' does not exist.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>The message will contain the name of the Office program that =
itself. In the above example, it was Word.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>If you see that type of Warning, your problem is insufficient =
permissions. There is a solution, but it's complicated to implement. =
Post back=20
if you are seeing the Event IDs described above.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>"Mumo" &lt;Mumo@discussions.microsoft.com&gt; wrote in message=20
news:89353741-A8DF-46DE-8E5D-190989421770@microsoft.com...<BR>&gt; Every =
time i=20
open a document in office 2007 home and student , windows <BR>&gt; =
configures office and it's irritating!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

3/22/2010 5:41:40 PM
I also have this type of issues in several Dell computers in my office.

Could u pls help me to troubleshoot this.

Windows installer window.
Just installed Office 2003 Pro. Everything works OK except Outlook. Every time I open Outlook a wiindow pops up titled "Windows Installer" saying "Preparing to Install". It pops up twice to fully open the progam (for a second or so each and then once as each Email comes in. Have removed and reinstalled--no help How do I stop this Thanks ...

Office Accounting Express / Professional install issue
I installed Office Accounting Express 2009 first on my computer but meant to install Office Accounting Professional 2009 instead. So, I uninstalled Express and then installed Professional. When I load Accounting it still shows me as having Express installed and not Professional. I have following the KB notes on how to completely remove Express and SQL 2005 and even did the registry editing....still does not remove Express. Has anyone had this issue and know what registry settings I need to remove or how to completely remove the Express version so that I can have just the Pro ...

Access to customer master card from receivales inquiry window
When in the receivables inquiry window, many times I would like to access the customers maintenance file at the same time. Now you have the click cards-sales-customer then copy & paste the number from the inquiry screen. In accounts payable inquiry, the vendor file is a light blue click to open option. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in ...

Windows Live Messenger 2009; will not install
Okay, so i uninstalled the newest version of WLM because i didn't like how the webcam image went smaller and stuff... i used "windows install clean up" to delete it and then installed WLM 8.5 and it worked but it was very very slow and was awful. So i try to install 2009 WLM again, and it won't let me. It gets too 100% then goes backwards on it self and comes up with a lot of error codes etc 1) Microsoft Application Error Reporting 2) Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime 3) Windows live upload tool 4) Windows live sign-in assistant 5) Installer 6) Microsof...

when my window talks to my thread
hi, I started my ui thread like this theApp.m_uithread=(CMyUIThread*)AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyUIThread)); and I have a window that talks to it like this CMyWnd::MyFunction() { theApp.m_uithread->PostThreadMessageW( ... ); } but when I lock like this CMyWnd::MyFunction() { theApp.m_uithread->PostThreadMessageW( ... ); m_myCEvent = new CEvent(); m_myCEvent->Lock(); } it gets in a deadlock and the function in my ui thread that I called via theApp.m_uithread->PostThreadMessageW stops running. Is what I am calling a ui thread really a ui thread? Am I doing it right? Is th...

Vista not opening correctly to desktop
Instead of opening to the Desktop at Start-up the computer opens at the Libraries folder. Anyone able to tell me how to change this behaviour? ...

Access mailbox via OWA from Windows Mobile 5 problems
I am running MS Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and some users access mailbox using OWA from Windows Mobile 5 devices. Those PDA/wireless devices are connected by using access point. But somehow when users try to login, they will be asked for username and password even they already give the correct username and password. By default, users are enabled to access mailbox via OWA. But when users try to access mailbox from MS Outlook 2003, they don't face this kind of problem. Any one can help? Thanks a lot before. Are the Mobile devices Panasonic? If yes you can see this KB, if not, please te...

Installing Money 2007 premium to a windows 2000 machine
I just downloaded the upgrade from the windows site. When I start the download process and it begins to install, it stops by giving an error: "Must install on Windows XP sp 2 or later". I run money 2006 on this machine, and didn't have a problem installing it. I've verified that my computer has the lastest downloads, security patches, etc. I tried calling support, but since i don't have the product ID/Security key, they won't help me. I can't get the key until I install it! Any suggestions? Amy, M06 was compatible with 2000 or XP. M07 is only compatible ...

In Excel 2007, how to send picture behind text
I m trying to put my image behind text, does anyone how to do it. Thanks Tausif A. Haider ...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: Alternative method to use Entourage and Time Machine
Previously, I explained how to "Time Machine" your Identity that could be used by both Tiger and Leopard users. See this alternative method that was suggested by one of the commenters to easily add your Identity to your Time Machine backup without the hourly/daily additions. This is Leopard only. Alternative method to use Entourage and Time Machine (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/alternative_method_to_use_entourage_ and_time_machine.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.ent...

Windows Journal will not send on Windows 7 64-bit operating system
I had this problem with Vista 64 bit. I hoped Microsoft would fixed this but on my new Windows 7 64 bit computer, I have the same problem. When I choose File;Send to Mail Recipient; and choose any of the 3 possibilities file types (.jnt, .mht, .tif), a Microsoft Office Outlook window pops up and states "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Ouffice Outlook and set it as the default mail client" It is the mail default mail client on my system and was added after I bought the comput...

Accounting Express 2007
When I click on file, company setup is not listed. I would like to start my company but can't get into company setup because its not there what do I do? On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:51:01 -0800, YM <YM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I click on file, company setup is not listed. I would like to start my >company but can't get into company setup because its not there what do I do? Please repost your question in a forum supporting Accounting Express. This forum is for a different program, Microsoft Access. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Office Chart 10.0 on Windows Forms(.NET)
Hello Developers, I would like to use a line-chart component onto my Windows Forms to show the changes in Values (Y-axis) versus to Time (X-axis). I need a continuously changing data flow 4-6 times per second. Is this possible with Office Chart 10.0 component at Line-type chart on the Windows Forms? I thank your consideration in advance. -- İyi Çalışmalar Alper AKÇAYÖZ (Bil Muh) Wish You Good Work Alper AKCAYOZ (Bil Muh) ...

Adding columns to the Item (all) window
We have a need to quickly lookup items using a category code. This is a feed store and customers know what they want, but the bags are in the warehouse. So the category gets the clerk to a short list of items to pick from. Using the find window works but is way too time consuming. I'd like to add Category codes to the Items (all) window so we can easily locate items by description or category code, then use the Find window for those stubborn parts. Is this a customization I might be able to pull off? thanks, Keith Assuming you mean RMS, try this. SWAT Search installer: ...

Microsoft Office Professional 2007 trial
I am downloading this version of Office to trial it while taking a class. I already have the 2003 version and I'm not sure I will purchase the full 2007 package once my trial is over. If I uninstall the program once my trial is over, will my pre-existing Office (2003) be available the same way it was before? Why not install the Office 2007 Trial into a different directory than the Office 2003 that is installed at present. This way one will not bother the other and you will have no issues once the 2007 Trial is uninstalled -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the ben...

Outlook 2007 RTM Instant Search not working on Vista RTM
While search is working properly elsewhere, it returns no results in Outlook. Rebuilding the index does not help. Any ideas? Thank you. Update: I ran Office Diagnostics. It said it had repaired one problem (without telling which one). I then rebuilt the index, and the issue is gone. ...

Can't acess Hotmail accout using Microsoft Windows Mail
Hai all, I cant set up my hotmail accout in windows mail it displays that windows mail no longer supports http accouts like hotmail. Is there any way to solve this problem. Thank you in advance. Follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. To give you a bit of history, Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail, which for a long time was the only allowed access method for free Hotmail accounts. Also, Windows Mail, having its development frozen in July 2006, is not aw...

Reveal Formatting in Publisher 2007
Word has a "Reveal Formatting" command to display each keyboard stroke in the document. Does Publisher 2007 have a similar command to "Show all formatting marks" in a text box? It is the same icon as in Word. Look on the toolbar for the pilcrow sign �. It will say Special Characters. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Flintstone" <Flintstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F47FABE-6E40-41C6-B73F-0737DD12615B@microsoft.com... > Word has a "Reveal Formatting" command to display each keyboard stroke in the > doc...

Configuring Outlook 97
I can not figure out how to set up my initial Outlook account. I am running Outlook 97, and when I start to run it, I am prompted for a "Postoffice", "mailbox", and "Password". For the life of me, I can't figure out what goes in here. I currently run Outlook Express, but would rather use Outlook 97. Can anyone help? Thanks, Tim See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/imep.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only...

Reply window size maximized...help!
Using OL2003, whenever I open the program and attempt to reply to an email, the reply window opens maximized. Even after resizing and replying to many emails (this new window size is retained while OL2003 is open), after closing and reopening OL, the window size defaults back to maximized for replies. How can I get my desired window size for email replies to "stick"? Thanks, --Howie ...

Unable to open Pivot table on Excel 2003 & 2007
Hi, My application using Java ExcelWriter writing file stream to generate Ms Excel report for my analysis purpose and some of the reports are required to provide Pivot Table feature on Ms Excel report. It works fine for Ms Excel 2002 or below. But my problem is, after I upgraded the Ms Excel to 2003, even 2007 version, the generated Excel report unable to "DIRECT" open by Excel 2003 and 2007 on IE. I get the following error : "Can not open PivotTable source file [temp[1].xls]Sheet1". Also pivot tables don't get populated. Could anybody know how to deal with this probl...

"Microsoft Office Outlook is synchronizing folders"
I've seen other vague posts on this subject but no resolutions. I thought I'd try again with a detailed description since it seems to plague many users. I am running Outlook 2003 SP1 on XP SP1, a 3 Ghz Dell with 1Gb memory. Since I upgraded to Outlook 2003, about every 10-15 minutes I get an icon in the tray with the caption "Microsoft Office Outlook is synchronizing folders". While this icon is displayed, Outlook is completely frozen. If I'm composing an email when it starts, all keystrokes are lost until the 'synchronizing' is done. It can last from 10 se...

unable to open outlook #8
i am unable to open outlook 2000.....wat should i do? Does anything happen when you try? "praveen" <msoos6@msoostrng.local> wrote in message news:eN6zZls9GHA.3396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >i am unable to open outlook 2000.....wat should i do? > ...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...