why does windows configure office 2007 every time i open document

Every time i open a document in office 2007 home and student , windows
installer configures office and it's irritating!

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAC9C5.669FF620

The next time an Office component wants to re-install itself, let the =
process complete. Then, open Event Viewer and look in the Application =
log for a cryptic message similar to this:

Event ID: 1001
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Detection of product '{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}', feature =
'WORDFILES'=20
failed during request for component =
'{8E46FEFA-D973-6294-B305-E968CEDFFCB9}'

followed by:

Event ID: 1004
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Detection of product '{90120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}', feature=20
'ProductFiles', component '{66CD2C91-2A15-4DA4-BBD2-5EC1075F3C0E}' =
failed. The=20
resource 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pip\' does not exist.

The message will contain the name of the Office program that =
re-installed itself. In the above example, it was Word.

If you see that type of Warning, your problem is insufficient registry =
permissions. There is a solution, but it's complicated to implement. =
Post back if you are seeing the Event IDs described above.

Daddy

"Mumo" <Mumo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Every time i open a document in office 2007 home and student , windows =

> installer configures office and it's irritating!
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAC9C5.669FF620

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff background=3D"">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The next time an Office component wants to =
re-install itself,=20
let the process complete. Then, open Event Viewer and look in the =
Application=20
log for a cryptic message similar to this:</FONT></DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>Event ID: 1001<BR>Event Source:=20
MsiInstaller<BR>Description:<BR>Detection of product=20
'{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}', feature 'WORDFILES' <BR>failed =
during=20
request for component '{8E46FEFA-D973-6294-B305-E968CEDFFCB9}'</DIV>
<DIV><BR>followed by:</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Event ID: 1004<BR>Event Source:=20
MsiInstaller<BR>Description:<BR>Detection of product=20
'{90120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}', feature <BR>'ProductFiles', =
component=20
'{66CD2C91-2A15-4DA4-BBD2-5EC1075F3C0E}' failed. The <BR>resource=20
'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pip\' does not exist.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>The message will contain the name of the Office program that =
re-installed=20
itself. In the above example, it was Word.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>If you see that type of Warning, your problem is insufficient =
registry=20
permissions. There is a solution, but it's complicated to implement. =
Post back=20
if you are seeing the Event IDs described above.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Daddy</DIV>
<DIV><BR>"Mumo" &lt;Mumo@discussions.microsoft.com&gt; wrote in message=20
news:89353741-A8DF-46DE-8E5D-190989421770@microsoft.com...<BR>&gt; Every =
time i=20
open a document in office 2007 home and student , windows <BR>&gt; =
installer=20
configures office and it's irritating!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAC9C5.669FF620--

0
Daddy
3/22/2010 5:41:40 PM
I also have this type of issues in several Dell computers in my office.

Could u pls help me to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
...Prabash

Problem with starting Word 2007
I have a recurring problem with Word 2007. Every few days (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) Word 2007 will not start. All that shows up is the Word 2007 splash screen. In order to get past this I have to remove the normal.dotm file and reboot. Then I can bring up Word 2007. This problem started a few weeks ago and I have not installed anything new on the computer. I'm runnin Windows7 and MSOffice 2007. I've removed a few add-ons in order to pinpoint the issue but so far no luck. Questions: Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have suggestions of wha...

MMC error on opening exchange system manager
I get an error when opening: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC. then I click to report or continue, if continue it opens up but you cant get into anything, in the right bigger window it says MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might have not been installed correctly. Name: Exchange System CLSID: 1b600aea-10ba-11d2-9f28-00c04fa37610 It has been working for a month fine, HELP! ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

open windows

Outlook email won't print from open message
Hi, Wonder if anybody has any idea how to deal with this one. Can't find anything in the knowledge base about this specific error. When an email message is opened in Outlook, choosing File + Print results in the following error message: Function address 0x77fcdf2a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed. It does print from the print command when accessed directly from the header with a right click on the menu. In addition, since this problem cropped up, the same happens during some printing functions in IE 6 and wit...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Converting back to Outlook 2007 for Outlook 2010
Good Day All; I am currently running Outlook 2010 (Office 2010) and if I remember correctly, the bata version runs out in October (?) this year. DOes anyone know of any problems and the solutions to reverting back to Outlook 2007 andkeeping all files? Thanks Chomp Your are correct about the time frame and yes, you can roll back to Office 2007 from the beta of Office 2010. Your steps would be to uninstall the Office 2010 family beta (and all other beta components [e.g. connector if you where using it for Hotmail access.]) via add/remove programs. Install Office 2007, it...

a previously saved page wont open now in PUBLISHER
I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used to open up on demand. Now when I try to open it it comes up with the message "Publisher cannot open this page". I have tried several times to no avail. All other pages open up as required. Maybe some help here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "winlucy" <winlucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51A89093-3241-4B91-8DAB-D10FE49A62DC@microsoft.com... >I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used t...

Configuration
I manage a Remote Desktop Server and would like to set up Outlook on the server in a way that it autoconfigures the email server when any user logs in. How can I do this? Thanks Keith Which version of Outlook? If it's Outlook 2000 or higher, your best bet is to create a transform (using the CIW) and then install Office with the transform. The ORK has all the details http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keith" <Keith@noemail.com> wrote in m...

A problem occur after changing OFFICE from C: to D:
Considering my C:\ is nearly full, I unstall my office from C:\ and then install my Office to D:\ After this, OFFICE runs well except EXCEL has a warning messege when I open it. The problem is: When I open EXCEL, it jump up an alert messege: [Unable to find C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library\Analysis\ATPVBACS.XLA] 1. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? 2. If I don't solve this problem, what will be the result? Thanks! Martin 2007-07-04 > The problem is: > > When I open EXCEL, it jump up an alert messege: > [Unable to find C:\Program Fil...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Setup could not find any available products to install. Office 200
Hello! Clicking "Change" button in "Programs and features" with Office 2007 Trial selected gives an error "Setup Error Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your systm administrator." in Windows 7 x64. Running setup from Office 2007 Trial downloaded file to change components works OK. How to make the "Change" button work? Windows Update suggests to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 repeatedly. I agree to install every time, but Windows Update suggests to install it again next time. This began to happen after un...

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Opening Files*
When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find it etc. How do I set up so files automatically open in the program they were saved on? Thank If you save all your excel files in a particular folder you set the default through Tools > Options then under the general tab. Type the path to the folder that you wish and when you select open excel will open tht folder. Is this what you meant? regards Murray >-----Original Message----- >When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find i...

Windows recovery console

Error message when trying to open an assigned task
I have users who are assigned tasks into their Outlook 2000 inbox. However when they try to open them they get the error message; Can't open this item. The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item. I have searched Technet for this error but only got one hit and that was to do with Outlook 98 and contacts so was not relevant. Any help on this would be appreciated. ...