Transfer Microsoft Office to a new Computer

I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my
Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software.

If you purchased your copy of Office separate from your computer, yes. If
not, no.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Davie in Connecticut" <Davie in Connecticut@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:80686D73-AC2C-4754-A3A5-5CFC24392212@microsoft.com...
>I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my
> Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software.

0
JoAnn
12/2/2009 6:24:00 PM
Thank you very much. I did buy my software separately and I have the discs.
Do just reinstall it and then authenticate it on the new computer.

appreciate any response you can offer.

Have a great holiday.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> If you purchased your copy of Office separate from your computer, yes. If
> not, no.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Davie in Connecticut" <Davie in Connecticut@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:80686D73-AC2C-4754-A3A5-5CFC24392212@microsoft.com...
> >I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my
> > Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software.
>

> .

Yes, "activate" it on the new.

Davie in Connecticut wrote:
> Thank you very much. I did buy my software separately and I have the discs.
> Do just reinstall it and then authenticate it on the new computer.
>
> appreciate any response you can offer.
>
> Have a great holiday.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>

>>If you purchased your copy of Office separate from your computer, yes. If
>>not, no.
>>
>>--
>>
>>JoAnn Paules
>>MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>>"Davie in Connecticut" <Davie in Connecticut@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>wrote in message news:80686D73-AC2C-4754-A3A5-5CFC24392212@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my
>>>Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software.
>>

>>.

0
Bob

Problem upgrading to Office 2007 from home/student 2003
I have just upgraded to office 2007 small business edition from home student 2003. Small business component wont work and the version shows up as "non-commercial use" help please "jherps" <jherps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EECFE0-6119-45F3-945F-CAFF22F96C45@microsoft.com... >I have just upgraded to office 2007 small business edition from home student > 2003. > > Small business component wont work and the version shows up as > "non-commercial use" Did you completely uninstall Office 2003 Student and Teacher Editi...

Microsoft Office v.X
I am making up a brochure from the Microsoft Office v.X Business Forms section. Everytime I try to put a picture on the brochure, the picture ends up in the middle of the brochure instead of the areas where pictures are supposed to go. Can someone help me correct this? Thank you in advance. Don Vasicek Olympus Films+, LLC http://www.donvasicek.com dvasicek@earthlink.net (Don Vasicek) wrote in message news:<dedf0a37.0406241259.23ead997@posting.google.com>... > I am making up a brochure from the Microsoft Office v.X Business Forms > section. Everytime I try to put a picture on ...

New Mailbox not receiving mails
We have recently added a new mailbox to Exchange 2000 on our company's server. The user can access his mails via our ISP but they do not appear to be uploading onto the server. He is using Outlook 2003. We can't find any differences between the new user profile and the previous profiles that work OK. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we need to do? No-one at my company is that familiar with Exchange. Thanks in advance HI In the User propertieas (in active directory users and computers) check if the user have e-mail address, Regards, Shai Netanel "Darach" ...

about transfer order

Microsoft Outlook PST Problems Help
Good Day Folks, I am having a rather huge problem with my Outlook PST File. Everytime I pull mail I get an error code 0x80040119 which relates back to the corrupted Outlook file. Microsoft site only recommends that I run the Inbox repair tool which I already ran and it hasn't detected any errors. The problem is everytime I try to pull e-mail I get an error saying no. of messages couldn't be retrieved from server. This usually hapens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network problems. Now... how can I reslove this? I tried Compacting my PST File, copy...

Start a new 'paragraph' without using mouse
If I am typing a series of notes as separate 'paragraphs', how can I start a new paragraph from the keyboard? Currently I have to reach for the mouse and click somewhere below the current paragraph. And if I don't click far enough below, the cursor stays in the previous paragraph. I really don't want to use the mouse at all for this; I just want to hit some key combination and keep typing. If you press the down arrow a few times, do you get a new outline (I assume this is what you are calling a "paragraph")? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test T...

Event ID 1000 Microsoft Office 10
Receiving the following error Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 10 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 8/25/2004 Time: 9:42:10 AM User: N/A Computer: HQ-PC14 Description: Faulting application winword.exe, version 10.0.6612.0, faulting module mso.dll, version 10.0.6626.0, fault address 0x00313c58. Thank you for any help ...

Transfering messages

Computer Problem!
My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix that? James Moore "James" <jamo1937@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4082df64-90ec-4b18-8242-fed29ee62b92@t23g2000yqt.googlegroups.com... > My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and > fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This > happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix > that? ...

HR Position Transfers

Look at these pack for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--nyssnyllesyahqb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zhxsjpfckzkxfdjdm"; type="multipart/alternative" --zhxsjpfckzkxfdjdm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gnxjneqsx" --gnxjneqsx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install n...

adding quickpad layouts on MIcrosoft POS
Does any one know how to create new layouts? ...

Windows Easy Transfer

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Microsoft Outlook Express #2
I have five identities and I can go from one identity to another; but after 5-6 changes (from one identity to another) I am locked up out of Outlook and I have to restart the system (not Microsoft, but the operating system). I use Windows XP. Hey, I'm not actually sure about your prob, but there is a separate forum/newsgroup for Outlook Express. If you look to the left, you should see a main category called "Internet Technologies (5th main category from the top). Underneath that category should be a listing of four different Internet Explorer categories. Choose the ver...

Microsoft Office 2008 product key/commercial use.
Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Office 2008 home and student edition, but intend to use the programme to generate income; I realised that this is not possible due to the non-commercial license of home and student so I purchased a copy of the Special Media Edition. I removed Home and Student from my mac and then installed Special Media Edition and have not been asked for a CD Key. As it stands, can I now use the programme for commercial use? On 6/25/08 12:16 PM, in article 24E67F13-5068-4B7F-B295-E859F0B1D3F8@microsoft.com, "macuser" <macuser@discussions.microsoft.com>...

creating MDB files for office 95
Hi, When my application was compiled with VS6.0 it created Access 95 MDB files (using CDaoDatabase::Create()) When I moved to VS.NET, the same application created Access 2000 MDB files. I assume that since the mfc dll was changed (mfc42-->mfc71) started to use the new file format. Is it possible that my application will continue to create Access 95 MDB files eventhough it is compiled with VS.NET (and using MFC71.dll)? Thanks, Ram. Hi Ram, Thanks for posting in the community. From your description, I understand that you want to created Access 95 MDB files (using CDaoDatabase::Create(...

outlook error
Hi, outlook experiences a serious problem with the 'microsoft dynamics crm' add-in.If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available.Do you want to disable this add-in. I am posting this error again, I didnt find a exact solution yet. Can anyone help me please. Thanks Run CRM Diagnotsic to Fix it. Worked for me. "Karthik-" wrote: > Hi, > > outlook experiences a serious problem with the 'microsoft dynamics crm' > add-in.If you have seen this message multiple times, you should d...

Offfice 97 Microsoft Query
Can I download Microsoft Query to used with Office 98 and Excel & Access? ...

Office 10.1.5 spelling tool spasmodic refusal to add/recognize?
Example: In Entourage Tasks, the "add" button of the spelling tool was grayed out when it came across a new word and put a wavy red line underneath it. I then tried the same new word with Word and, again, the "add" button was grayed out. BUT, when I created a new Entourage Note and copied the same spelling into it, the "add" button was not grayed out and I was able to add the word. When I then returned to Tasks and to Word, that spelling was not recognized. Another word that had been added to the custom dictionary months ago was recognized as OK when I used...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Office word previewer
When I open a file I can't get a preview of the file in the open window. The error message is "There is an error in the Microsoft office Word Previewer". I've downloaded the viewer for 2007 and the compatability download for 2003. I still cannot get the previewer to work? -- JP ...

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...