Transfer Microsoft Office to a new Computer

  • Follow

I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my
Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software.
0
Reply Utf 12/2/2009 6:16:01 PM

If you purchased your copy of Office separate from your computer, yes. If
not, no.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Davie in Connecticut" <Davie in Connecticut@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:80686D73-AC2C-4754-A3A5-5CFC24392212@microsoft.com...
>I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my
> Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software.

0
Reply JoAnn 12/2/2009 6:24:00 PM

Thank you very much. I did buy my software separately and I have the discs.
Do just reinstall it and then authenticate it on the new computer.

appreciate any response you can offer.

Have a great holiday.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> If you purchased your copy of Office separate from your computer, yes. If
> not, no.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Davie in Connecticut" <Davie in Connecticut@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:80686D73-AC2C-4754-A3A5-5CFC24392212@microsoft.com...
> >I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my
> > Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software.
>

> .

0
Reply Utf 12/2/2009 7:54:01 PM

Yes, "activate" it on the new.

Davie in Connecticut wrote:
> Thank you very much. I did buy my software separately and I have the discs.
> Do just reinstall it and then authenticate it on the new computer.
>
> appreciate any response you can offer.
>
> Have a great holiday.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>

>>If you purchased your copy of Office separate from your computer, yes. If
>>not, no.
>>
>>--
>>
>>JoAnn Paules
>>MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>>"Davie in Connecticut" <Davie in Connecticut@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>wrote in message news:80686D73-AC2C-4754-A3A5-5CFC24392212@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my
>>>Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software.
>>

>>.

0
Reply Bob 12/2/2009 8:42:46 PM

(page loaded in 0.133 seconds)