quick access toolbar settings disappear

A year or so ago, we installed Vista and Windows 2003 on a network.  We are
using Office 2007.

Everyday I have to add my icons to the Word and Excel Quick Access Toolbar
(QAT). They stay for the day but when I open the next morning, all I have is
the Save/Undo/Redo icons.

I prefer to have Print/Page Set Up/Sort Up/Sort Down and a few others that
are not on the quick drop down button.

My tech people tell me that this is a known Microsoft issue, in other words,
I have to live with it. That is not the answer I was looking for so I am
hoping you can enlighten me. Is there any way I can set these QAT icons so
they remain from one day to the next?

--
RES

How can I access My outlook account from another computer-vista
My XP computer has crashed. I am trying to access my outlook via a Vista computer but dont know how. Tried the web access programme.,can't download it because my vista computer does not have 11S 5.0 whatever that is. It is called iis5.0. What type of OL account did you have on your XP. POP3,IMAP etc. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "craftylady" <craftylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F05BE2A-E82C-4428-A47D-A9A388352FD5@microsoft.com.....

Sending Access database through Outlook
How can I change the access file extension from .mdb to .bak to let me send my database using Outlook? "nessy" <nessy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432F0932-9054-43E5-83E3-6D56745AD4E4@microsoft.com... > How can I change the access file extension from .mdb to .bak to let me > send > my database using Outlook? Am I missing something obvious but obviously not mentioned, like saving the file from Access, renaming its extension, and then e-mailing the file? -- _________________________________________________________________ ******** Post repl...

Copying certain column information quickly
As you know in Excel you could quickly copy the information you needed with a drag of the mouse. Because I need information copied repeatedly and easily for my access unfirmiliar co workers. Example JOB CUSTOMER QUOTE # A B1 110701 A(copied) A2 110701 (copied) A(copied) C4 110701 (copied) How do I do this quickly and efficiently for the computer challenged. Sorry, Access is a database, not a spreadsheet, and can't be used like one. You can write some code to select the rows that you want to ...

Outlook Mobile Access #4
I'm trying to get a Dell Axim X30 pocket PC running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition to synch with our Exchange Server. We have a secure Wireless G Network in our office, and I'd like my users to be able to synch with their exchange mailbox on-site, and also at wireless hotspots around town (cafes, bookstores, etc). My wireless connection on my X30 is working fine (I can browse the internet), but I can't synch to exchange. When I try, I get the error message Internet_55. I have exported and installed to the X30 the digital certificate from our SBS 2003 server, but am still ge...

Excel Data Connections to Access Queries: Limits?
I have an Access 2007 database with data connections to: + Sharepoint Lists + SMS SQL tables/views I've written Access queries that use tables from those data connections. I want to use Excel to connect to those queries in the Access database to run various reports (such as charts, lists, etc...) However, I'm having 2 problems: 1) In Excel, when I go to Data / Get External Data / From Access, I cannot see all of the queries listed in the Access Database. 2) The queries I do see only return a small subset of records. (I've tested the query within Access, and I should get 17...

Quick help with excel formula
Ok, i need a forumla. this is what I want, i have two columns like this Time Start: ............. Time Finish: ............ I fill out these two columns like this Time Start: ...17:42... Time Finish: ...18:25.. Now i have another Column that says Training Length: ........ I want this to work out the time between 17:42 and 18:25 Any one help pleas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi simply =A2-A1 and format as time If your training time can span midnight use the formula =A2-A1+(A2<A1) >-----Original Message----- >Ok, i need a forumla. > >this is what ...

toolbar 01-29-08
Is there a possibility to switch on/of all the tool/menu bars with a VBA declaration or is this only possible via DoCmd.ShowToolbar. Reason is that on a switchboard the menu bar and toolbars give a desturbing impression. ...

customize toolbar won't save
When I customize my toolbar, the changes do not stay when I close Excel. I tried to remane the .xlb file, but the changes still did not save. Is there something else I can do? It turned out that Groupwise was conflicting with it. I followed the directions in this article and it fixed the problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 "goplayoutside" wrote: > When I customize my toolbar, the changes do not stay when I close Excel. I > tried to remane the .xlb file, but the changes still did not save. Is there > something else I can do...

Quick Question
I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2010? Michael On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC), Rev. Michael L. Burns <sdbpastor@charter.bet> wrote: > >I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently >set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a >way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2...

How to disable (gray out) a button on the toolbar?
I've long since figured out how to gray out options in the menu bars. You simply add a function keyed off of UPDATE_COMMAND_UI to the ID associated with that menu option. But what about buttons on a toolbar? As conditions vary in my program, some of the buttons on the toolbar need to be grayed out. I can't, however, find a similar method such as UPDATE_COMMAND_UI that will be executed whenever the button is displayed and choose whether to make it clickable or not. Thanks for the help. Usually a toolbar button has the same ID of Menu item... ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI() will apply on bo...

Is there a quick way to...
highlighting only the odd or even numbered rows? Thanks. Something like this should do: Sub banding() ActiveSheet.Range("A65536").Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select lastrow = ActiveCell.Row Range("A6:AK" & lastrow).Select Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone 'Change rownum to the the first row number where data occurs rownum = 6 For i = 1 To (lastrow - rownum) Step 2 Range("B" & rownum + i & ":AK" & rownum + i).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 15 .Pattern = xlSolid End With ...

Do I upgrade Access '97
I am responsisible for the maintenance of a number of Access '97 databases. I am wondering if there is any benefit to upgrading to any of the newer versions of Access? I do not need a make work project. I only what to upgrade if there is actually some true value in doing so. Each database has thousands and thousands of records. The information is actually downloaded from one source but is then split into different databases by discipline because Access can not handle all the records being dealt with. Money is an issue. But they are looking towards the future, therefore I am investig...

Quick campaign- change to all quick campaigns
Does any one know how to set the following to default. In the quick campaign view, change 'my quick campaigns' to 'all quick campaigns' Cheers Sid ...

Access Runtime 2000 prevents office updates
Hi, I have a strange problem that's been bothering me for a long time. I've finally gotten it narrowed down, but can't find anything else about this on the web. I'm using an application that uses Access Runtime 2000 (developed by someone else.) After I install this application, I can no longer use Office Updates. It'll get to about the 88% mark, then gives me the "Office update is unable to check for updates" screen. If I use "add/remove programs" and remove the Runtime 2000 environment, the updater works just fine. Any thoughts on how I can fix the en...

Copying toolbars from one profile to another
Excel 2002 I have copied the toolbar files from one profile to another and it doesn't seem to have the right icons. But when I load the Excel10 file from the new profile's directory it works. How can I set it up to use this new profile? Thanks in advance. ...

How to add a new item in the "new activity" toolbar
Hi, I want to customize the "new activity" toolbar by adding a new custom item. I have a custom item "visit", which I want to add into the "new activity" toolbar item, like task,fax,phone call,email,letter are added. I want "visit" as the next item. I have tried with sitemap.config and isv.config but i couldn't find any place to add the new item there. Can anyone help me regarding this. Bikram, you cannot create new Activity Types in CRM. You are stuck with the ones that come out of the box, so your best bet is to use one of those activities t...

Addressbook Access
is there an easy way to allow an excel macro to access the outlook address book and automatically send email without messages about programs accessing your address book coming up. Is it possible to totally disable the notify when another program trys to access your address book feature without exchange server There's the ClickYes utility http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html "Mike Molloy" <mike@coenholdings.ie> wrote in message news:053401c35ff1$de9aa660$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there an easy way to allow an excel macro to access > the outlook addre...

Quick Part
When i add a new custom field E.g {DOCPROPERTY "Transaction Comments" }to my document (Type: Text) there is a restriction to 255 characters. Is there any way to increase this? Or is this a M/S word restriction that cannot be changed? Catherine wrote: > When i add a new custom field E.g {DOCPROPERTY "Transaction > Comments" }to my document (Type: Text) there is a restriction to 255 > characters. > Is there any way to increase this? Or is this a M/S word restriction > that cannot be changed? It is a restriction that can't be changed. I d...

Trying to calculate difference between two times in an access repo
I am trying to calculate the difference between two times in an access report and don't know what the correct expression is. My report has a column of "Start" and "End" that has the start time of the project and the end time of the project. I need the difference between the 2 so I created an expression for "Total production time" - =timediff("h",[end],[start]) but a box keeps appearing when I try to view the report which means I have an error and I don't know where I went wrong Try the DateDiff() function. "h" might not ...

Finding Asymptotes from a set of data in Excel
Hi Can anyone help me find asymptote from a set of data in two column x and y that show the frequency responce of a say a freq. responce of a electrochem cell in Excel? Finding it from a function seem relatively easy but without a model for the data is there a method of finding two lines that meet to produce the turning point? Cheers WayneL ...

Quick Links Copy
Is there any way to copy Quick Links from one GP 10 user to another? Rich, I assume by "quick links" you are referring to the items on the user's Shortcut Bar. If this is correct, you can run the following query: INSERT INTO [DYNAMICS].[dbo].[SY01990] ([ScbGroupType] ,[ScbOwnerID] ,[ScbNodeID] ,[ScbParentNodeID] ,[ScbShortcutType] ,[ScbSubType] ,[ScbDisplayName] ,[ScbShortcutKey] ,[ScbTargetStringOne] ,[ScbTargetStringTwo] ,[ScbTargetStringThree] ...

PDF file in Access Runtime 2007
I am trying to save a report as a pdf file in Access 2007. I have previewed the report and clicked pdf or xps. When using the full version of Access it works fine. But when I am running this in a runtime version I get the error "can't save the output data to the file you've selected" The file is not open, I am not using a templete, I have enough free space and I have permisions to write to the folder it is saving. This also happens if I try to email the report. Any Idea? Take a look at this article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HP051889881033.aspx -- ...

Import MS-Access 2007
I am trying to export tasks and assignments from an MS-Access 2007 Database to MS-Project 2007. I have used VB code, but I am now trying to improve performance. VB automation is a little slow (can take over 20 minutes to complete). Looking at the MS-Project 2007 options I thought I would try to use the Import from MS-Access database. There is an option to import MS-Access 2003 version files (.mdb), but I can't figure out how to import .accdb file from MS-Access 2007 (because I am using features only available in 2007). Is it possible that MS-Project 2007 is incompa...

How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size
Microsoft Outlook: How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size "OldTimer" wrote: > Microsoft Outlook: > How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size On mail view, click on Tools, choose Options, Mail Format and then Fonts (usually Times New Roman is the default font) OldTimer <OldTimer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook: > How do I set up Times New Roman / 12 as the default font / size In which pane? Which version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I create new default color settings for charts in Excel?
I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always end up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible when my charts are created. Can I set new color defaults for charts created in Excel? Hi, You can set the colours for chart lines and fill. Menu Tools > Options. On the Color tab is a set of colours for Line and Fill. Cheers Andy pro user wrote: > I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always end > up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible > when my char...