Office 2007, Add-ins, and java

  • Follow

Does anyone know if any standard Office 2007 add-ins utilize Java for their
functionality?
If so, does anyone know if the JRE version is important?

We're about to undergo an update to our Oracle Business suite environment
and it includes the installation of a specific Sun JRE (don't know the
version yet) and I want to be ahead of the curve if anything in the Office
suite is likely to be affected.

Thanks for the info

Doug

ps - I did a search of the forum and googled, no joy yet.  I'm off to do
more and if I find anythin, I'll post back here.
0
Reply Utf 4/7/2010 3:57:01 PM

In article <168AC86D-5937-47C2-83E0-CEC7355A4D1B@microsoft.com>, Doug F wrote:
> Does anyone know if any standard Office 2007 add-ins utilize Java for their
> functionality?

Not internally in the sense that VBA is internal/native to Office.
If Java can do COM automation it could use Office apps as components; whether
it can create a COM add-in that loads in Office or not is another question.

> If so, does anyone know if the JRE version is important?
>
> We're about to undergo an update to our Oracle Business suite environment
> and it includes the installation of a specific Sun JRE (don't know the
> version yet) and I want to be ahead of the curve if anything in the Office
> suite is likely to be affected.

From each app, do Office Button | [appname] Options | Add-Ins
Consult the add-in vendor to see if there are any Java dependencies.

> Thanks for the info
>
> Doug
>
> ps - I did a search of the forum and googled, no joy yet.  I'm off to do
> more and if I find anythin, I'll post back here.

0
Reply Steve 4/9/2010 1:26:12 AM

(page loaded in 0.125 seconds)

Reply: