How do I fix office 2007 install error 1310?

I ran a microsoft update and my office 2007 program won't open stating there
is an error 1310.  I tried to use my disk to repair the problem with no luck.
Then I tried to uninstall the program and reinstall it.  The same error come
up during the install error 1310.  I think this is an install issue with the
program.  Any ideas as to how to fix this?  I also used a program fix it
utilities with no luck.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Did you try to and re-install a different Trial version of Officer by any chance

--
Peter

"catracer" <catracer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I ran a microsoft update and my office 2007 program won't open stating there
> is an error 1310.  I tried to use my disk to repair the problem with no luck.
> Then I tried to uninstall the program and reinstall it.  The same error come
> up during the install error 1310.  I think this is an install issue with the
> program.  Any ideas as to how to fix this?  I also used a program fix it
> utilities with no luck.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!

0
Peter

Outlook Send fail
Outlook 2007 POP account This just started. I cannot send mail. I get error: Task 'John (Comcast) - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' I repaired the account to comcast and all is OK. I have all my outgoing eMails in the outbox. I googled and it said registry problem a so I cleaned with registry mechanic to no avail. What is the error and how can I unclog my outbox? John -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Did you not try Office Diagnostics? "John L" <...

Workgroup Templates in Pub 2007
We are trying to add some Business card templates to all of our users. We have a workgroup template folder setup and the templates are located there. Word and Excel can read the workgroup templates folder but Publisher does not see the templates located there. Is there a way to get these templates to work for publisher in the workgroup templates folder? ...

How to install a workbook as a shortcut on the desktop programmatically
Hi All I have developed a workbook which is like a Excel dashboard and I want to send out this workbook to be saved on every user Desktop locally or saved as a shortcut on the desktop. I want to implement it in a form so that when the user double clicks the attachment it must save the workbook in some predetermined location and create a shortcut to the same on the users Windows desktop. Can you please let me know how I can implement this kind of self installing workbook. Please provide me with a sample script to implement the same. Many thanks Belinda ...

Contacts file error
Contacts file not popping up by default. When I go to create a new email and click the "To" field button, I am prompted "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or...". Next I get to select the names/addresses but nothing is listed. I select the dropdown box and there are two contact files. Selecting the other one lists all my contacts. How do I fix this problem so the empty Contacts file will not default? Damn annoying. taa asiafreak wrote: || Contacts file not...

Out of Office Assistant ?
Is there anyway to set a date/time that "out of office assitant" starts and ends at in Outlook 2003. I didn't see an option for doing this. It appears to be either on or off. Is it possible to do this with VBasic or a macro? Thanks --- Jay Wilson In news:w2fodve8h6pb$.17j7oy2mw0vdo$.dlg@40tude.net, Jay Wilson <jnjjwil@**********> typed: > Is there anyway to set a date/time that "out of office assitant" > starts and ends at in Outlook 2003. I didn't see an option for doing > this. It appears to be either on or off. > > Is it possible to...

error messages #2
when loading publisher97, i get error saying 16 bit window system - window\system32\autoexec.nt. - system file not suitable for running MS-DOS & Microsoft Windows applications. This has recently happened, I used it OK before. Does anyone have any idea how I can remedy this? Do you have Windows XP? Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jo" <anonymous@discussion...

Date Conversion in Excel 2007
We've come across a strange problem in Excel 2007. We format a group (doesn't matter the number) of cells to have a Date format of xx/yy/zz (we've also tried other formats with the same result). After the cells are formatted, we type in 31401. This should convert the date to 03/14/01. This is what happened in older versions. Now, however, it's converting those dates improperly. What I've determined is that Excel is starting every date out as 01/01/1900. It then converts whatever we enter into a number, and adds that many days to 01/01/1900. For example, if I enter 01...

Updates to Office 2004
I'm running OS 10.4.7 on an Intel iMac 20" and have Microsoft Office 2004 (vs. 10.1.6). I've downloaded, but have not installed, the following updates: Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.0 Update Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.1 Update Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 2 PST Import Tool for Entourage 2004 for Mac Microsoft Entourage 2004 Junk E-mail Filter Update 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft AutoUpdate for Office 2004 for Mac Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft Office 2004 Deployment Documentation Business Bright: Entourage Signatures and Backgrounds Creat...

Outlook 2007 Beta Catastrophic Failure
Hi all, I have bee having problems with my Outlook 2007 Beta failing to start open - running WinXP Home with 1.25Gigs Ram. All other Office 2007 components work OK. The flash screen comes on - the outline of Outlook itself comes on and then everything just disappears. Outlook continues to be seen in the system tray on the bottom right - but as soon as I hover over it - it disappears. If I click Outlook again - the option to launch Safe Mode comes up. When I say yes - the same thing happens - flash screen --> blue outline for Outlook --> and Poof! The third time I click - an opti...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

CRM 3.0 install fails at last hurdle
Almost completed install, I receive error that "Specified Reporting Services Report server http://crmbox was not found" All other system checks pass OK. On previous screen the option to install new reporting services server was grayed out, otherwise I would imagine the install would continue OK. Any help much appreciated Thanks Gary D Thanks Dave, will check tomorrow a.m. "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:eqSyH7tVIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Gary, are you sure that's the proper URL for your report server? If > y...

Outlook is very slow to open since new router installed
We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server, since we had a Netgear Firewall & Surecom Ethernet installed Outlook is exceedingly slow to open. It can take as long as 4 - 5 minutes for some users to open their Outlook. Any clues? We have approx 13 PC's connnected to the server. I (personally) have noticed no difference but our other users have. tia Check your hardware configurations as if this was working before and the only change was hardware, 99.9% sure it is a hardware problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

Office/Outlook 2003 xp style forms
I'm using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. For some reason the Outlook forms (New Message, New Appointment, etc.) all have the gray menu look and use the square 3-d buttons instead of the XP style buttons and colors. Is this a setting I can change? I tried un-installing and re-installing Office and that did not fix the problem. No, Outlook forms use a different, older library. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Sam" <stawfik...

Office chart and graphic issues
I'm having some problems with compatibility of excel charts and drawing objects inserted into word. When colleagues using PCs open the files, the drawing objects lack shading (or crash word entirely) while the charts seem to replace dashed lines with solid ones. The chart issue sems to be a general Office 2004 mac issue as pasting them into photoshop elements also results in loss of dashing. Other options I've tried include converting to pdfs, but the images seem 'soft' or 'fuzzy', and are not really acceptable for printing. As an added extra, everytime I load office...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Office 2003 Installation
I am installing office 2003 on a new hardrive, but is asking for a valid license it won't accept the older license. Do I need to blow $369.00 for a new up-grade? any suggestions. Thank you JB Irvine wrote: > Do I need to blow $369.00 for a new up-grade? Yes so that you get latest software with state of the art technology with full support!! > > any suggestions. > Try openoffice from here: <http://www.openoffice.org> hth > Thank you This Office 2003 that you are trying to input the license number is it an OEM or a Retail ...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

link errors-Phantom ones
I inherited a work book shows a Link of another worksheet in the EDIT LINK, but I can not find any reference to a formula in any of the sheets or "Names". I try to delete it, it comes back as still a valid LINK. Where it could be hidden/stored that I am not able to find it? How can I chase it down? Try this free ad-in courtesy of Bill Manville MVP, it's really excellent, I'm sure it will help, don't forget to thank him if it does the trick for you! http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm Regards, Alan. "JayRama" <JayRama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Office is in use by other person?
Version: 2008 I have the student version of Office for Mac. No problems until today when it says it is in use by another person. It says my installations exceeds the number of installations allowed by my license agreement. I don't understand what is going on. I received my own product key and everything. Is there any way to fix this? On 10/6/09 6:23 PM, in article 59b7e093.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "digginforpixies@officeformac.com" <digginforpixies@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have the student version of Office for Mac. No problems until today when it > says it...

Problem after installing Office SP3 on Office XP
After installing SP3 - which installs with no errors I have all sorts of problems with office. When I try to start Excel I get a message "unable to read file". If a try to open an existing excel document I get the same error and the documment will not open. In Word I get an error saying cannot open template,and when I try to close it down it says "the file Normal already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file. Does anybody have any ideas ?? Nick Sounds like your file associations could be bad. Try re-registering these Applications. For Excel......... First ...

ERROR on opening excel
I get an error message that says "cannot use object linking and embedding" every time I start up the program. I get it when I start a new file and when I open saved files. After I click "OK" on the error, the program shuts it self down. I've looked for this error on the knowledge base but came up empty handed. Any Idea's? -- Thanks, Travis Sapara VM-Systems Service Manager travis@vm-systems.com (780)632-2859 Coincidentally, there's a followup to where I stole my message: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com The author, Lut...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Excel 2007 startup
How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous versions one could start the excel program without opening the blank default workbook, but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007? "RPB" <RPB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:189FFE77-92D4-4276-BE0E-82A85B0BA1EC@microsoft.com... > How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous > versions > one could start the excel program without opening the blank default > workbook, > but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007? Well I've been using Ex...