Add/Remove programs to show Installation date

Hi Mr Microsoft, In the add and remove programs, please can you have one of
the fields set to show the date software was installed rather than
"frequently used". I think having the installation date would be more
benneficial.  If your nor sure when a pice of software was installed, you can
look in the Add/Remove programs, sort the list by Installation Date.  If you
have to do a system restore, it can make the selection of the date easier as
you will know what day what software was installed ... I await your coments.

Regards,
Peter.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=391bd29b-0a2d-4d83-b55a-e481fd13cd3f&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

You can look in the Program Files folder and see the date the folder was
created for the program!

Gwrfc-coach wrote:

> Hi Mr Microsoft, In the add and remove programs, please can you have one of
> the fields set to show the date software was installed rather than
> "frequently used". I think having the installation date would be more
> benneficial.  If your nor sure when a pice of software was installed, you can
> look in the Add/Remove programs, sort the list by Installation Date.  If you
> have to do a system restore, it can make the selection of the date easier as
> you will know what day what software was installed ... I await your coments.
>
> Regards,
> Peter.

-1
Bob
5/14/2010 2:53:18 PM
And your Microsoft Office question is.....?
"Gwrfc-coach" <Gwrfc-coach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Hi Mr Microsoft, In the add and remove programs, please can you have one
of
: the fields set to show the date software was installed rather than
: "frequently used". I think having the installation date would be more
: benneficial.  If your nor sure when a pice of software was installed, you
can
: look in the Add/Remove programs, sort the list by Installation Date.  If
you
: have to do a system restore, it can make the selection of the date easier
as
: you will know what day what software was installed ... I await your
coments.
:
: Regards,
: Peter.
:
:
: ----------------
: This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
: suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
: Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
this
: link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
: click "I Agree" in the message pane.
:
:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=391bd29b-0a2d-4d83-b55a-e481fd13cd3f&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

0
Tom

Office 2007
My new laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007, which I will eventually remove. Question: can I simply uninstall this product BEFORE use, using my Control Panel options or can I use the product for 60 days, then uninstall with equal "efficiency." In other words, if I uninstall before use will the uninstall be more effective in removing all traces than if I used the product, then uninstall? Thanks... EW Either one will work as well, unless uninstall screws up somehow and you have to uninstall by hand. Bookmark the following page, "just in case&quo...

count records in a date range
I have a worksheet in which I am trying to count the number of records in a date range. For example, the Submit_Date column contains the following dates/times (cells a1:a5): 12/17/2005 12:00:54 PM 12/16/2005 1:00:54 PM 12/17/2005 9:00:13 PM 12/10/2005 7:54:16 AM 12/17/2005 10:04:11 AM I would like to count the number of records with a Submit_Date between 12/1/2005 12:00:00 PM and 12/31/2005 11:59:59 PM. Any suggestions? -- Jim -- Jim You can use SUMPRODUCT =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>=B1)*(A1:A100<=B2)) A1:A100 ....date range B1 start date B2 end date HTH JG "jiml"...

log file of email open time/date
Hi, I needed to know if there is a way to keep a log file or to view information about when the emails I receive are opened. I probably needed information like date and time. I am the person opening the emails but I needed to show someone when I opened them. Emails are coming from various different people using different email software, so it can't be tracked from their end. I have Outlook 2000, but might need to use it in different versions of Outlook. so if you know of a feature that I can use, can you also tell me if it's available for different versions? thanks a lot. I apprec...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

attachments show inside outlook emails
hi, I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an attached file that can be "saved as" by the recipient. anyone with a problem like this? how do I fix this? thanks MAC MAC wrote: > hi, > > I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he > sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the > contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an > attached file that ...

Dates in Excel #6
In natural history, including museum records, it is commonplace to use a date with lower case letters for the month, e.g. 19.x.2004 = 19th October 2004 or 01.iii.1999 = 1st March 1999. It would help users if this format were added as a standard and could be converted. For what it is worth... If you add dates as text by preceeding the entry with a ' , for example, '19/11/2004 and then apply the following formula =LEFT(A8,2)&"."&LOWER((ROMAN(MONTH(A8)))&"."&RIGHT(A8,4)) you will get 19.xi.2004 as the output. Does this help? Possibly I could m...

Add on

Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router
I Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router, this message appear after typing the CRM server name and CRM web site. "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privilages on that server.Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again.". I think that is a security problem, my boss was hosting domains with the Exchange server, now i cannot install the Router. What to do? please help. Hi, the best way to install the Exchange Email Router is, to have domain admin rights. The Exchange server must be in the same dom...

Paid Invoice Shows Open
Hi, I have and open invoice that the monies have been collected on, plese see attached. How could I get rid of the remaining open invoice? When I printed it out there was a strange entry on the 2nd line or attached to the first line entry, I am not sure. -- P McCarthy Unfortunately, you cannot attach documents or embed graphics when posting to these newsgroups. At least, the person trying to view your message can't see them. Please reply with more information. -- Charles Allen, MVP "P McCarthy" wrote: > Hi, > I have and open invoice that the monies have bee...

show default icons
Hello Sir / Maam I am making a mfc program and unable to show default window icons for the files how can i do this?? and where are the icons of windows stored ? how to load OEMIcons Thanks in advance Ramesh "Ramesh" <rammy_25@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:<uUwbgrDgEHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>... > Hello Sir / Maam > I am making a mfc program and unable to show default window icons for > the files > how can i do this?? > and where are the icons of windows stored ? > how to load OEMIcons > Thanks in advance > Ramesh Have you ...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

VS2005 SP1 installation is horrible
Anyone else having to wait for hours to get SP1 installed? This is one of the poorest install experiences I've seen in awhile. Thanks, David >Anyone else having to wait for hours to get SP1 installed? Yes - and of course it's even slower (an all day job) in a VM. >This is one of >the poorest install experiences I've seen in awhile. It's beyond belief. I was wondering if it was a big experiment for the difference patching "technology". Dave Lowndes "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:jl0mp2t8qodnn5rarukkoi...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Distribution List: Name not showing up
Hi, I have a number of contacts in my Contacts Folder, and want to create a special distribution list. When I create a new distribution list however, only some of my contacts show up, and I cannot select the ones I need. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Marian You must provide at least some clue. We can't read minds. Which Contacts don't show up? What version of Outlook? How are you creating the DL? What information store are you using? How many Contact Folders in your Profile? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Chart axis custom date format
Dear all! Excel 2003, charting. On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis- number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###, 0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like. On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08 than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between yea...

Installing Money 2006 on Two Machines?
X-No-Archive: yes Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, John Simon wrote: > >Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some >Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to >install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? > The former. Help->About->LicenseTerms explai...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

removed windows live
how do I undo the removal of a program that I removed through my control panel I removed windows live. It appeared that I had two window email program. I want to use window live Homail.com but I would keep getting windows live.com. I had to go around and open msn then go to mail and log in to get around that. I finally removed windows live now it seems I no longer have the program installed. What's even more confusing is that I had placed windows live hotmail on my favorites and now I can get the hotmail but I don't see it in my PROGRAMS. What a mess. help. "...

Installation issue CRM 3.0 Client for Outlook
Hello, I try to install CRM 3.0 client for outlook on a machine where we have installed an older version before. This version has been uninstalled and also the MSDE instance has been removed. I can not find any registry entries anymore regarding the old installation. Despite all this I still get an error that an incompatible version of the CRM client is present on the machine. We are not planning an upgrade. The old client has been on this PC for testing purposes. Any suggestions for a workaround as I don't want to reinstall this machine. Thanks in advance. Regards, -- Erik Bosm...

how we can remove ...
hello to all, I have 5 frontals with exchange 2003 ent. with nlb, and two they have fallen and not there is way to restart them, there are them format, how we can remove them of the organization and that they don't appear? greetings Miguel Hi Miguel, If an exchange server isn't available anymore to uninstall Exchange, you can delete it from your organization using ESM. Just right-click on the server and select delete. You should check your connectors configuration if the server is present in there, if so remove it there first. Any other roles should also be moved to anothe...

Why does this not work (selecting a date) ?
SELECT CDate((Month(RecordDate) & '/' & Day(RecordDate) & '/' & Year(RecordDate)) AS RecDate This converts 8/31/2007 to 8/1/2007 Works fine for me with 2003 SP2. You omitted a closing parenthesis. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mscertified" wrote: > SELECT CDate((Month(RecordDate) & '/' & Day(RecordDate) & '/' & > Year(RecordDate)) AS RecDate > > This converts 8/31/2007 to 8/1/2007 Where is the missing parentheses? I count 4 opening and 4 closing??? "KARL DEWEY" wrote: >...