Add/Remove programs to show Installation date

  • Follow

Hi Mr Microsoft, In the add and remove programs, please can you have one of
the fields set to show the date software was installed rather than
"frequently used". I think having the installation date would be more
benneficial.  If your nor sure when a pice of software was installed, you can
look in the Add/Remove programs, sort the list by Installation Date.  If you
have to do a system restore, it can make the selection of the date easier as
you will know what day what software was installed ... I await your coments.

Regards,
Peter.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=391bd29b-0a2d-4d83-b55a-e481fd13cd3f&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc
4
Reply Utf 5/14/2010 2:42:02 PM

You can look in the Program Files folder and see the date the folder was
created for the program!

Gwrfc-coach wrote:

> Hi Mr Microsoft, In the add and remove programs, please can you have one of
> the fields set to show the date software was installed rather than
> "frequently used". I think having the installation date would be more
> benneficial.  If your nor sure when a pice of software was installed, you can
> look in the Add/Remove programs, sort the list by Installation Date.  If you
> have to do a system restore, it can make the selection of the date easier as
> you will know what day what software was installed ... I await your coments.
>
> Regards,
> Peter.

-1
Reply Bob 5/14/2010 2:53:18 PM

And your Microsoft Office question is.....?
"Gwrfc-coach" <Gwrfc-coach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Hi Mr Microsoft, In the add and remove programs, please can you have one
of
: the fields set to show the date software was installed rather than
: "frequently used". I think having the installation date would be more
: benneficial.  If your nor sure when a pice of software was installed, you
can
: look in the Add/Remove programs, sort the list by Installation Date.  If
you
: have to do a system restore, it can make the selection of the date easier
as
: you will know what day what software was installed ... I await your
coments.
:
: Regards,
: Peter.
:
:
: ----------------
: This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
: suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
: Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
this
: link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
: click "I Agree" in the message pane.
:
:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=391bd29b-0a2d-4d83-b55a-e481fd13cd3f&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc