Updating Tax Rates

Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get loaded.
 However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled.  is
there a way to re-enable these fields.  With out accurate tables, I can not
accurately manage w4's this year.
money 28651 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Only happens when you use the conventional File Status.
Change File Status to Custom and you're good to go.

"DU" wrote:

> Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get loaded.
>  However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled.  is
> there a way to re-enable these fields.  With out accurate tables, I can not
> accurately manage w4's this year.
How do you do that ??

"Twinky" <Twinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Only happens when you use the conventional File Status.
> Change File Status to Custom and you're good to go.
>
> "DU" wrote:
>
>> Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get
>> loaded.
>>  However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled.
>> is
>> there a way to re-enable these fields.  With out accurate tables, I can
>> not
>> accurately manage w4's this year.

0
Jon
1/11/2010 1:35:06 AM
Go to the top at.....Tools then Settings then Tax Settings
Choose.....Set your filing status and view tax rates
If your rates fields are grayed out when using conventional Single, Married,
whatever.....choose Custom and your data fields will open up to plug in new
rates.
You'll have to get all these rates from the IRS website.

"Jon Hildrum" wrote:

> How do you do that ??
>
> "Twinky" <Twinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Only happens when you use the conventional File Status.
> > Change File Status to Custom and you're good to go.
> >
> > "DU" wrote:
> >
> >> Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get
> >> loaded.
> >>  However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled.
> >> is
> >> there a way to re-enable these fields.  With out accurate tables, I can
> >> not
> >> accurately manage w4's this year.
>
> .

Thanx Twinky!  I have to admit, I feel a bit silly.  should have figured that
out.

"Twinky" wrote:

> Go to the top at.....Tools then Settings then Tax Settings
> Choose.....Set your filing status and view tax rates
> If your rates fields are grayed out when using conventional Single, Married,
> whatever.....choose Custom and your data fields will open up to plug in new
> rates.
> You'll have to get all these rates from the IRS website.
>
> "Jon Hildrum" wrote:
>
> > How do you do that ??
> >
> > "Twinky" <Twinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Only happens when you use the conventional File Status.
> > > Change File Status to Custom and you're good to go.

> > .

Microsoft couldn't find the answer so I found it out of frustration myself.

On Jan 14, 9:05=A0am, Twinky <Twi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Microsoft couldn't find the answer so I found it out of frustration mysel=
f.

> "DU" wrote:
> > Thanx Twinky! =A0I have to admit, I feel a bit silly. =A0should have fi=
gured that
> > out.
>
> > "Twinky" wrote:
>
> > > Go to the top at.....Tools then Settings then Tax Settings
> > > Choose.....Set your filing status and view tax rates
> > > If your rates fields are grayed out when using conventional Single, M=
arried,
> > > whatever.....choose Custom and your data fields will open up to plug =
in new
> > > rates.
> > > You'll have to get all these rates from the IRS website.

I have the boxed version of Microsoft Money 2007 Premium and are NOT
affected by any timing restrictions except the fact that online
updating will end for me as of January 31, 2011. I checked the rate
schedule in my tools, settings, tax settings, tax rates and found the
program currently shows 2009 completed rates and 2010 current rates.
When I look at the specific schedules for married filing jointly with
income under 16,700 and over 16700, I see the tax rate break point at
16,700 for 2009 and 16750 for 2010. Other modest changes show for
higher tax brackets. I also went to the IRS.gov website and after
careful checking CONFIRMED these rates as effective for 2010. Based on
this it appears to me that the Money 2007 program has automatically
updated the tax section to reflect the new rates. One other thing I
found on the IRS site is according to current law there is NO downward
adjustment for allowable itemized adjustments in 2010 based on having
too high an adjusted gross income. I do not think the Money program is
currently taking this into effect and it CAN be significant if you are
using the tax calculations to estimate 2010 taxes in Money. Obviously,
all these comments are intended for people who are very familiar with
the Money program and how the tax module works. Steve
0
Steve

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Tax rate changing
I am finding the tax rate changes periodically at one of my remote locations causing accounting problems. It seems to be changing to the tax rate of one of the other locations. I have multiple locations where the local retail store has very limited access to making any changes in the system, therefore I am not at all concerned that it is being changed on site. Anyone else experiencing this? ...

Update question

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...

Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query
I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there to many closing brackets. I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the result is the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks very muc...

Problems Updating to Visual Studio 2008
I've previously used Visual C++ 4 and have now updated to Visual Studio 2008. In Visual C++ 4, I used the Class Wizard with its five tabs: Message Maps, Member Variables, OLE Automation, OLE Events, and Class Info to define an application. This structure doesn't seem to exist in Visual Studio 2008. Can anyone explain, or point me to information about, how I can get to the same functionality in Visual Studio 2008? I'd also welcome any suggestions for a book I might purchase that explains how to use Visual C++ as implemented in Visual Studio 2008. Gordon P "Gordon P...

Client method called by RegisterStartupScript is firing but UI isn't updating
Can somebody look at the below code and tell me what I am doing wrong. I am uploading files and need to report back to the client when each upload has completed. for(i=0;i<=Request.Files.Count;i++) { int percentComplete = (int)Math.Ceiling((double)(i + 1) / (double) Request.Files.Count * 100); string message = string.Format("{0} of {1} uploaded", i + 1, Request.Files.Count); ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, this.GetType(), "progress" + i, @"do_progress('" + message + "','" + percentComplete + "');",...

Exchange updates?
Maybe I'm getting blocked at the firewall or something, but is there a process similar to Windows update that will tell you all of the recommended critical Exchange updates that need to be applied to your server? TIA WSUS. Andrew "SilverICE" <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0926995-3D51-43A0-B537-57476FD63E6D@microsoft.com... > Maybe I'm getting blocked at the firewall or something, but is there a > process similar to Windows update that will tell you all of the > recommended > critical Exchange updates that need to be ap...