Updating Tax Rates

  • Follow

Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get loaded.
 However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled.  is
there a way to re-enable these fields.  With out accurate tables, I can not
accurately manage w4's this year.
0
Reply Utf 1/7/2010 4:07:01 AM

Only happens when you use the conventional File Status.
Change File Status to Custom and you're good to go.

"DU" wrote:

> Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get loaded.
>  However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled.  is
> there a way to re-enable these fields.  With out accurate tables, I can not
> accurately manage w4's this year.
0
Reply Utf 1/10/2010 9:36:01 PM

How do you do that ??

"Twinky" <Twinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Only happens when you use the conventional File Status.
> Change File Status to Custom and you're good to go.
>
> "DU" wrote:
>
>> Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get
>> loaded.
>>  However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled.
>> is
>> there a way to re-enable these fields.  With out accurate tables, I can
>> not
>> accurately manage w4's this year.

0
Reply Jon 1/11/2010 1:35:06 AM

Go to the top at.....Tools then Settings then Tax Settings
Choose.....Set your filing status and view tax rates
If your rates fields are grayed out when using conventional Single, Married,
whatever.....choose Custom and your data fields will open up to plug in new
rates.
You'll have to get all these rates from the IRS website.

"Jon Hildrum" wrote:

> How do you do that ??
>
> "Twinky" <Twinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Only happens when you use the conventional File Status.
> > Change File Status to Custom and you're good to go.
> >
> > "DU" wrote:
> >
> >> Now that online services are disabled, the 2010 tax rates did not get
> >> loaded.
> >>  However, when I went to change them manually, the fields were disabled.
> >> is
> >> there a way to re-enable these fields.  With out accurate tables, I can
> >> not
> >> accurately manage w4's this year.
>
> .

0
Reply Utf 1/11/2010 10:24:01 PM

Thanx Twinky!  I have to admit, I feel a bit silly.  should have figured that
out.

"Twinky" wrote:

> Go to the top at.....Tools then Settings then Tax Settings
> Choose.....Set your filing status and view tax rates
> If your rates fields are grayed out when using conventional Single, Married,
> whatever.....choose Custom and your data fields will open up to plug in new
> rates.
> You'll have to get all these rates from the IRS website.
>
> "Jon Hildrum" wrote:
>
> > How do you do that ??
> >
> > "Twinky" <Twinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Only happens when you use the conventional File Status.
> > > Change File Status to Custom and you're good to go.

> > .

0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 4:32:01 AM

Microsoft couldn't find the answer so I found it out of frustration myself.

"DU" wrote:

> Thanx Twinky!  I have to admit, I feel a bit silly.  should have figured that
> out.
>
> "Twinky" wrote:
>
> > Go to the top at.....Tools then Settings then Tax Settings
> > Choose.....Set your filing status and view tax rates
> > If your rates fields are grayed out when using conventional Single, Married,
> > whatever.....choose Custom and your data fields will open up to plug in new
> > rates.
> > You'll have to get all these rates from the IRS website.
> >
> > "Jon Hildrum" wrote:
> >
> > > How do you do that ??
> > >
> > > "Twinky" <Twinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .

0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 2:05:01 PM

On Jan 14, 9:05=A0am, Twinky <Twi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Microsoft couldn't find the answer so I found it out of frustration mysel=
f.

> "DU" wrote:
> > Thanx Twinky! =A0I have to admit, I feel a bit silly. =A0should have fi=
gured that
> > out.
>
> > "Twinky" wrote:
>
> > > Go to the top at.....Tools then Settings then Tax Settings
> > > Choose.....Set your filing status and view tax rates
> > > If your rates fields are grayed out when using conventional Single, M=
arried,
> > > whatever.....choose Custom and your data fields will open up to plug =
in new
> > > rates.
> > > You'll have to get all these rates from the IRS website.

I have the boxed version of Microsoft Money 2007 Premium and are NOT
affected by any timing restrictions except the fact that online
updating will end for me as of January 31, 2011. I checked the rate
schedule in my tools, settings, tax settings, tax rates and found the
program currently shows 2009 completed rates and 2010 current rates.
When I look at the specific schedules for married filing jointly with
income under 16,700 and over 16700, I see the tax rate break point at
16,700 for 2009 and 16750 for 2010. Other modest changes show for
higher tax brackets. I also went to the IRS.gov website and after
careful checking CONFIRMED these rates as effective for 2010. Based on
this it appears to me that the Money 2007 program has automatically
updated the tax section to reflect the new rates. One other thing I
found on the IRS site is according to current law there is NO downward
adjustment for allowable itemized adjustments in 2010 based on having
too high an adjusted gross income. I do not think the Money program is
currently taking this into effect and it CAN be significant if you are
using the tax calculations to estimate 2010 taxes in Money. Obviously,
all these comments are intended for people who are very familiar with
the Money program and how the tax module works. Steve
0
Reply Steve 1/17/2010 12:03:58 PM

(page loaded in 0.082 seconds)

Reply: