unable to enter transactions in money plus deluxe

not able to enter transactions in Money Plus deluxe, getting error
obres:7891, started having problems about 3 weeks ago with adding investment
transactions from the update saying transaction cannot be entered try
deleting the security, then today have not been able to enter any
transactions in any register without getting the above error. Any ideas?
ct
money 28651 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No bells ringing here on this one. Got backups?

"ct" <ct@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> not able to enter transactions in Money Plus deluxe, getting error
> obres:7891, started having problems about 3 weeks ago with adding
> investment
> transactions from the update saying transaction cannot be entered try
> deleting the security, then today have not been able to enter any
> transactions in any register without getting the above error. Any ideas?
> ct

0
Dick
12/31/2009 5:06:44 AM
In microsoft.public.money, ct wrote:

>not able to enter transactions in Money Plus deluxe, getting error
>obres:7891, started having problems about 3 weeks ago with adding investment
>transactions from the update saying transaction cannot be entered try
>deleting the security, then today have not been able to enter any
>transactions in any register without getting the above error. Any ideas?
>ct

Try Tools-Settings-HomePageDisplaySettings. Select Spending
Tracker on the right, and click Remove, and then Done.

If you cannot get that far, open sample.mny and set it to start
in the account list so it does not start at the home page.

Close Money. Open Money by double-clicking your converted file in
Windows Explorer.
0
Cal
12/31/2009 5:54:50 AM
tried your directions, but still unable to enter any transactions, any other
ideas
--
ct

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, ct wrote:
>
> >not able to enter transactions in Money Plus deluxe, getting error
> >obres:7891, started having problems about 3 weeks ago with adding investment
> >transactions from the update saying transaction cannot be entered try
> >deleting the security, then today have not been able to enter any
> >transactions in any register without getting the above error. Any ideas?
> >ct
>
> Try Tools-Settings-HomePageDisplaySettings. Select Spending
> Tracker on the right, and click Remove, and then Done.
>
> If you cannot get that far, open sample.mny and set it to start
> in the account list so it does not start at the home page.
>
> Close Money. Open Money by double-clicking your converted file in
> Windows Explorer.
> .

In microsoft.public.money, ct wrote:

>tried your directions, but still unable to enter any transactions, any other
>ideas

Review your backup situation, and do not overwrite a backup that you
might use in "idea" 3.

1. Open the Sample.mny and see if that has such a problem.

2. I would try making a repaired version of your file with
File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2.

3. Restore a backup that pre-dates the problem. If you want to keep
your original file, do not restore to the "default" location, but
instead Browse to your documents folder, and choose a new name.

0
Cal

Using Money 98 in a virtual PC
I have used Money 98 for a good many years and am attached to it. It has run in 98, 2000, and XP without a hitch. I now have a 64 bit Windows 7 machine with a virtual PC installed which operates on XP as its operating system. I have my Money 98 installed there, but in that environment it runs with glacial slowness and I don't know why. All of the other apps I have in that VPC run just fine. I did notice that instead of using My Money.mny it uses My Money XP.mny. I can't imagine why that would cause slowing. Can anyone tell me where to look for answers? Thanks In microsoft....

Money automatically assigns splits
How do I stop Money 2006 from automatically assigning splits based on a past transaction ? E.g. if I go to Costco and spend $50 on groceries and $20 on misc, next time I download transactions from my credit card and the Payee is Costco, Money automatically enters splits ($50 groceries and $20 misc), even though the downloaded transaction has a different amount altogether... Does anybody know how to stop this stupid behavior ? And, how to prevent Money from automatically assigning categories to the downloaded transactions ? Thanks ! Don't download transaction data? That was the seriou...

Unable to open calendar

Upgrading from Money 2006 Trial
Greetings, I originally installed from a trial download and just purchased Money 2006 Delux on CD from a store near me (Staples). Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not I need to actually install the software from the CD, or if its as simple as entering a license key somewhere? If I install from the CD will it automatically recognize all of the accounts I already set up? Thanks "tfritsch" <tfritsch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8595F50C-11FB-4F0D-A89F-A3CE4EF904DE@microsoft.com... > Greetings, > > I originally installed from a trial ...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

MS Money bacdkup issue
I backed up MS Money before I refromatted my HD. I installed Money after reformatting an am trying to restore with the backup. It is asking me for a password before it will do the restore. I don't have a record of ever creating one and I am usually pretty good about keeping track of that stuff. Futhermore, it isn't letting me continue when I try to use the obvious passwords that I almost always use on things like this. I am not even sure how to ask Microsoft to reset the password. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I just restored a backup on mine, and u...

Balancing money 2004
I am currently using money 2004 ,but when i balabce my account it doesn't give me a current balanced figure or number of expenditures/incomes . I was able to see these on the older version i used 2000 and on 2004 the help file says to use them help please Yes, that was removed in a recent version. I thought 2005, but I guess it could be 2004. It's been a long time since I've reviewed 2004 -- but there's no way to bring that functionality back. -- "nellac" <nellac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44B449C2-2B15-4365-9A85-FDA95AA6164F@m...

Importing an Excel file into Money
I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could download directly into Money (or Quicken) there is a monthly charge to do this. I don't want to use Money or Quicken to pay my bills, simply to organize my finances better. I am able to download my account data into Excel. Is there anyway I can import from Excel into Money? I tried doing this using the import feature, but nothing happened when I selected the Excel file and clicked import (no error messages or anything). In microsoft.public.money, Cruzin wrote: >I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could >...

Unable to conect

Upgrade from Money 7.0 to Money 2007
I have a client that's currently using Money 99 Personal & Business (version 7.0). They would like to upgrade to Money 2007 Premium. -They no longer need the business portion. Is this upgrade possible? Can anyone describe any problems they might encounter? Thanks! -- www.ECKinc.com In microsoft.public.money, ECKinc wrote: >I have a client that's currently using Money 99 Personal & Business (version >7.0). They would like to upgrade to Money 2007 Premium. -They no longer >need the business portion. Is this upgrade possible? Can anyone describe >any ...

Money Premium 2006
Here's what I want Money to do... When I start to type in a Category, I want it to open up the drop down box with all the sub category choices I have set. Currently, it either goes to a subcategory that starts with the letters in another Category; or it doesn't open up a drop down box at all. For example, I have a Category called Realty, with subcategories, such as office supplies... when I type in Rea it guesses I want to put in Taxes:Real Estate Taxes.... It's making me crazy... any suggestions... about the Money question, not about the crazy.. thanx cliff "...

Cash Drawer Pops on Credit Card Transactions
I'm trying to thwart sticky fingers, so I changed my settings in Tender Type for my credit card sales to suppress cash drawer pops. I Z'd out to reset this change, but the cash drawer still pops on all transactions. It is connected to a Star 2000 register printer. Help...fingers are getting stickier around here! Did you uncheck "Pop cash drawer" in Teder Type Properties window? "tl" wrote: > I'm trying to thwart sticky fingers, so I changed my settings in Tender Type > for my credit card sales to suppress cash drawer pops. I Z'd out to reset...

Transcation can not be entered
Using MSMoney 2002 the application will not allow new transactions to be entered. This applies to new withdrawls and deposits. The error message is " This transaction can not be entered". This message comes up until the transaction is cancelled. Any anwers as to how to solve this problem? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04fc01c3d55f$fca24c10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Using MSMoney 2002 the application will not allow new > transactions to be entered. This applies to new > withdrawls and deposit...

Money and the iphone
Does anyone know if a software program is available to record my transactions on my iphone and sync up with Money? Previously on microsoft.public.money, neilkg said: > Does anyone know if a software program is available to record my transactions > on my iphone and sync up with Money? There aren't any, and I doubt there will be. The best you can do is to get one that can export QIF, etc, to the desktop and import those into Money. However, when I went looking, I didn't see any that said anything about going in the other direction, importing a QIF, etc, from the desktop....

total appointments allowed to enter in all day events month view
i can enter 8 or 9 appointments but can only view 7 when i print the calendar That's normal. Try a word template or a utility - information at http://slipstick.me/calprint -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email account is your main account? htt...

Bins on Pick Ticket Entered Form
Trying to figure this out. GP9.0 Pick Tick Entered Form Have a couple of Sites - 1 of which has Multiple Bins. The rest are single Bin sites. When generating the Pick Tick for a single site, the Bin Number shows. When generating for the multi bin site - nothing. The field is blank. The only way I see it is when we check Bin Sequenced and print that form. Problem is that our Pick Ticket Entered Form has been modified, and we are trying to avoid having a second identical form for one site. Help please!!! ...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Enter "Parameter Value"
AccessXP on WinXP Attempting to update a series of records from a LINKED table. The following SQL statement results from the design view settings to replace classnumber field in the datainport table with the ClassID filed contents in teh linked table tblClasses. This returns a Enter PArameter VAlue dialog box. I am accustomed to getting this dialog when I have misspelled a variable name, but I used the list of tables and fields to verify that I have the correct variable names. What suggestions can you offer to the sql below? UPDATE dataimport1 SET dataimport1.[Class Number] = ([tblCl...

MS Money vs QB
I use QuickBooks Pro 2002. I am interested in knowing if MS Money Business edition can handle the things I like about QB (an possibly avoid the things I do not like). I'm not in the least bit interested in stock quotes or online banking or even direct export to tax programs. No payroll needs. Among the things I like about QB: 1. Custom invoice/other forms (although it is a v clumsy process to make them) 2. Line item discount levels (i.e. I can apply a 10% discount on the line where the item number is entered, thus avoiding having to have a second line stating discount) 3. Reports can ...