unable to enter transactions in money plus deluxe

  • Follow

not able to enter transactions in Money Plus deluxe, getting error
obres:7891, started having problems about 3 weeks ago with adding investment
transactions from the update saying transaction cannot be entered try
deleting the security, then today have not been able to enter any
transactions in any register without getting the above error. Any ideas?
ct
0
Reply Utf 12/31/2009 12:42:01 AM

No bells ringing here on this one. Got backups?

"ct" <ct@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> not able to enter transactions in Money Plus deluxe, getting error
> obres:7891, started having problems about 3 weeks ago with adding
> investment
> transactions from the update saying transaction cannot be entered try
> deleting the security, then today have not been able to enter any
> transactions in any register without getting the above error. Any ideas?
> ct

0
Reply Dick 12/31/2009 5:06:44 AM

In microsoft.public.money, ct wrote:

>not able to enter transactions in Money Plus deluxe, getting error
>obres:7891, started having problems about 3 weeks ago with adding investment
>transactions from the update saying transaction cannot be entered try
>deleting the security, then today have not been able to enter any
>transactions in any register without getting the above error. Any ideas?
>ct

Try Tools-Settings-HomePageDisplaySettings. Select Spending
Tracker on the right, and click Remove, and then Done.

If you cannot get that far, open sample.mny and set it to start
in the account list so it does not start at the home page.

Close Money. Open Money by double-clicking your converted file in
Windows Explorer.
0
Reply Cal 12/31/2009 5:54:50 AM

tried your directions, but still unable to enter any transactions, any other
ideas
--
ct

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, ct wrote:
>
> >not able to enter transactions in Money Plus deluxe, getting error
> >obres:7891, started having problems about 3 weeks ago with adding investment
> >transactions from the update saying transaction cannot be entered try
> >deleting the security, then today have not been able to enter any
> >transactions in any register without getting the above error. Any ideas?
> >ct
>
> Try Tools-Settings-HomePageDisplaySettings. Select Spending
> Tracker on the right, and click Remove, and then Done.
>
> If you cannot get that far, open sample.mny and set it to start
> in the account list so it does not start at the home page.
>
> Close Money. Open Money by double-clicking your converted file in
> Windows Explorer.
> .

0
Reply Utf 1/8/2010 5:50:02 PM

In microsoft.public.money, ct wrote:

>tried your directions, but still unable to enter any transactions, any other
>ideas

Review your backup situation, and do not overwrite a backup that you
might use in "idea" 3.

1. Open the Sample.mny and see if that has such a problem.

2. I would try making a repaired version of your file with
File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2.

3. Restore a backup that pre-dates the problem. If you want to keep
your original file, do not restore to the "default" location, but
instead Browse to your documents folder, and choose a new name.

0
Reply Cal 1/8/2010 6:09:42 PM

(page loaded in 0.071 seconds)

Reply: