This transaction cannot be entered

I have started to get a popup window with the text
of 'This transaction cannot be entered." with just a OK
button on it when I attempt to update something in one of
my Money 2002 accounts.  I have had Money software for
about 5 years now and this is a first.  Any ideas what is
causing this?  I run McAfee virus scan daily and have had
no virus reports.  I am running Win 98 SE.
anonymous (74737)
11/14/2003 10:29:52 PM
money 28651 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You probably have a corrupted file.  Look at the FAQ's at

I would also recommend that you open a case with Microsoft as they do not
feel that they have a problem with corruption, but many, many, many users
are having problems and until everyone starts calling them in to Microsoft I
don't think it will get better.

Good Luck
"cab" <> wrote in message
> I have started to get a popup window with the text
> of 'This transaction cannot be entered." with just a OK
> button on it when I attempt to update something in one of
> my Money 2002 accounts.  I have had Money software for
> about 5 years now and this is a first.  Any ideas what is
> causing this?  I run McAfee virus scan daily and have had
> no virus reports.  I am running Win 98 SE.

Different source transaction values in same batch?
We ran into a strange situation are the pertinent facts: 1. A Receiving batch containing 37 different shipment transactions was posted. 2. Transactions 1-32 have the following: TRXSORCE = GLTRX00037046 ORGNTSRC = RECVG00001854 ORTRXSRC = RECVG00001854 3. Transactions 33-37 have the following: TRXSORCE = GLTRX00037047 ORGNTSRC = GLTRX037046 ORTRXSRC = GLTRX037046 We were wondering why transactions 33-37 would have different values in the listed fields? It certainly is making it difficult for us to reconcile our inventory accounts. The o...

eConnect 7.5 SOP Transaction Markdown Amounts
I am using eConnect to create and update SOP Transactions. I add lines to existing SOP Invoices using the taSopLineIvcInsert node. This seems to work fine unless I set the markdown amount for the line (MRKDNAMT). I am using markdown amounts that have up to five decimal places (ie $1.00213). The sales document looks fine in GP but I cannot get the distributions to balance. It looks like the markdown amount is correct at the SOP Detail level and in the Distribution records but not the SOP Header. The value seems like it is being rounded incorrectly. If I query the SOP10100 and SOP1...

NSF Transaction Does not create Withdrawal transaction in Checkboo
We have a client that has GP 10.0 and is doing their first customer NSF transaciton. They went into the Transactions>Sales>Posted Transaction, selected the customer and payment id, hit the NSF button. They get the GL and the AR and Debit Memo for the NSF Fee, but the Checkbook Posting Journal is Blank. The batch posts to the GL and AR all fine, but there is no Withdrawal transaction. \ The transaction is not within the Paid Transaction Removal cutoff date and the transaction is not Reconciled on the Bank Rec. The fiscal periods are open for AR and GL. The thing that stump...

Scheduled transactions report
Hello, I'm desperately trying to find some info on scheduled transactions. I've just come back to using Money again and remember in much earlier versions you used to be able to do a report on scheduled transactions (ie. anticipated income and expenditure for a specified period from the scheduled transactions list - for example from this pay to the next pay how much am I expected to receive and payout for this pay and what is left over). I can't seem to be able to find out how to do it in 2006. Is is still possible? I'm desperate to use this feature if available .. wou...

Transaction Remains as Transaction to Read
I am using MSMNY03 deluxe on XPpro. One checking account registered transaction remains in the list of Transactions to Read and I have not been able to "Accept Transaction". The account register has a note attached saying: "This downloadable transaction is a probabale match to a manually entered transaction. " After clicking on Accept in the account register, the note remains and the Transaction to Read list remains with that one remaining transaction to be read. How can this be corrected ? de ~Vince~ Have you tried clicking "change" instead? Susan "...

Hitting the Enter Key While in Edit Boxes..
I have a tab control with a property sheet for each tab control. When switching between tabs the property sheets show and hide according to which tab the user clicks on. Whenever I put the cursor in an edit box and press enter, the property sheet goes blank.. anyone know of a good solution for this? Frank B. Set the ES_WANTRETURN flag of the Edit control. I think the OnOK handler of the dialog is getting called, and hiding or closing the inner dialog. AliR. <> wrote in message > I have a tab con...

set tab or enter keys to automatically move to different cells
I'm working with an invoice document that someone created on Excel 2003. It's a great document, but we want to program either the TAB key or the ENTER key to move to a different cell within the worksheet. Example: After typing the Date, enter automatically to Invoice Number, then enter automatically to Company Name, and so on. Is there a way to start at cell N1 ,then program the Enter key to automatically go to cell N7 after that, then C9 after that and so on. Any information is GREATLY appreciated! You won't be able to move in the order you quoted in your post, but yo...

Outlook 2003
I have Outlook 2003 configured to check my email accounts every 10 minutes. I am now continually getting pop-up messages asking me to enter my network password. I keep clicking the checkbox to 'Save password' but the message window still keeps popping up for each account. I have re-created the accounts but am still getting these annoying pop- ups. I have finally reverted back to manually checking for mail by turning of the auto check and hitting the send & receive. Anyone got any ideas as to why it is doing this and what can be done to fix it?? Frustrated!!! Go to too...

loan transaction problem
I have 2 loans with 2 different lenders through our 401K account, 1 with bank A and 1 with Bank B. When i went and entered the statement info from Bank A everything was fine. Then I balanced Bank B and everything was fine. I went back to the Money Account and noticed that Bank A balance changed drastically. I looked at it and someone Bank B loan is now there. Both the account with Bank A and Bank B have different names. Then I went back to Bank A corrected the loan amount, went back to the Home and now Bank B is different. I have looked everywhere to see what could be causing this a...

This transaction cannot be entered #4
Money 2006, I had to restore a backup and when entering a transaction I get the this transaction cannot be entered message. From other posts I tried to do a level 2 file repair and the log said there were no broken records in the original file and still get the same error message. Please help. In, Stiles wrote: >Money 2006, I had to restore a backup and when entering a transaction I get >the this transaction cannot be entered message. From other posts I tried to >do a level 2 file repair and the log said there were no broken records in the >original f...

how to change format of several dates entered in an Excel column
I have several dates (in fact over 100) already entered in the Date column in "1 Jul 1854" format. This makes it impossible to run a meaningful sort by Date. Is there a way to change these dates to a diffirent format like "1854-07-01"? Of course, I'm not asking how to change every date manually. I'd like to highlight this column and change all the dates at once. All suggestions will be appreciated. -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, FL Excel dates start on Jan 0 1900 so anything earlier is text, John Walkenbach has an add-in

Payables Transaction Inquiry
I am receiving this error when i am trying to scroll down in the Payables Transaction Inquiry screen. I choose a vendor, by document number and include work, open and history. I start to scroll down and about 5-6 clicks after i start i get the following error. "Unhandled script exception: Index 11 of array 'PM Transaction Abbreviation' is out of range in script 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Scroll_FILL'. Script terminated." I couldnt find any fix on partner source. Any ideas? Try running a Check Links on the PM tables. If that does not work, you need to reind...

Entering time.
Is there a way I can enter time using a decimal instead of the colon and have it still figure using the 60 minute hour? For example for 9:45 I want to enter it as 9.45 but have it treated as 9:45. This is only for speed in data entry. I can use a ten key quicker then I can hit the colon. I use military time if it helps. Thanks, Joe Check out In article <tH2tc.716$>, "J. Madden" <> wrote: > Is there a way I can enter time using a decimal instead of the ...

entering and transferring negative quantities
Hello: A Great Plains 8.0 client of ours has said that several companies have told him that it is possible to enter negative quantity line items in SOP as a quote and carry this quote from an order to an invoice. But, I just tried to enter a negative quantity here at the client site on a quote and it gives me the message "You can't enter a negative value." Is there not a way around this? Thanks! childofthe1980s you can enter negative dollar amounts on quotes, not negative quantities... -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "childofthe1980s&...

How do I enter a line break within a cell?
ALT + ENTER Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:15:15 -0800, "Striving for efficiency" <> wrote: alt-enter if you're typing or "& char(10) &" if you're using a formula: ="this is line 1" & char(10) & "this is not line 1" format|Cells|alignment tab|check wrap text. Striving for efficiency wrote: -- Dave Peterson does anyone else get an error when responding to a post with no text? I can't respond at all to these posts. "Gord Dibben" wrot...

Pending Transactions from Bank of America
One of the features I like from BoA Online banking is the "pending transactions" which allows me to see transactions that are not cleared yet (usally weekend transactions that are not cleared until Monday). Is there a way I can see these "pending transactions" in Money 2006? ...

"Enter" key moving to next field
Using Access 2003, what sort of command should I issue in my VBA code to set the option to cause the "Enter" key to move to the next field? bob follow-up --- I want this to work in Access 2007 environments as well since some of my users have A2K7 on their computers. "Bob Howard" <> wrote in message news:%238NwzRViIHA.4080@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Access 2003, what sort of command should I issue in my VBA code to > set the option to cause the "Enter" key to move to the next field? > > bob > Bob Howard wr...

Incorrect balances when viewing only unreconciled transactions
I have the Canadian version of MSM2005 and it recently messed up my primary account. After importing my daily transactions, it encountered an error and restarted. After restarting, when I view my primary chequing account with all transactions visible, the correct final balance is displayed, however, when I view the account with only unreconciled transactions, the final balance is significantly incorrect. The incorrect balance is appearing in the account summary screen, but the correct balance is being used for all cash flow and bill payment functions. I have tried repairing the file (...

How to enter zip starting with 0 (zero)
Hi, I am entering addresses into an Excel worksheet the I need to use in a mail merge. One of the addresses has a five digit postal zip code that begins with a "0" (zero.) I typed it in like any other zip code entry, but Excel dropped the zero as soon as I moved to the next cell. I tried converting the entry into "text," but when I printed the record, only the zero printed. Other zip codes that do not start with zero work fine in a mail merge and in printing the records. How can I enter a zip code that begins with a zero, so it will appear properly in Excel and in ...

Unreconcied Transactions not showing in a Cash Transactions
HI, I am using Money 2006 Premium. I am downloading all my investments transactions from Broker. They all marked as (E) transactions. But a coupel of times I found missed transactions for stock options and add them manualy to Investments Transactions, but these transactions marked as ( ) - unreconciled and not showing up in Cash Transactions and it make my cash ballance incorrect. I already trryed manualy make Make As.. (C) or (R) but they still not showing in Cash Transactions. How can I make them show up there and fix my Cash balance proble? Thank you. Sam -- Sam. ...

Integrate Item Transaction
Hi, We are using Dynamics 9 with sp2. We have a module of analytical accounting and integration manager. In integration manager, I use the Great Plains SQL Opt to integrate Inventory Transactions. The integration is successful but upon checking the Allocated field in the Item Inquiry the quantity is zero eventhough there are unposted trxs for the items. Another problem is upon posting of the inventory trxs the error message "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKAAG10001'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object '...

Missing transactions in transaction account
I just found an interesting anomaly in Money 2004 Standard edition that I feel worth sharing. I found two transactions missing in a transaction report which was customized to show the current month's transactions for my checking account. After much playing around, changing categories, dates, payees, check numbers, etc., I found that after I cleared all the members of a classification, applying the change, then reselecting all members of the classification (which were selected to begin with), the transactions appeared in the report. I'm not sure why this happened. I had also t...

Split Transaction Annoyance
I *think* this is new in MSM2006, but am not sure. When entering a split transaction, once the split categories and amounts are entered, you click "Done" if it all adds up to the total amount of the transaction. No problem. If the splits don't add up, you're given popup choices to fix it. Fine. So, by opting for "Done," you've told Money you're finished with entering the split information and that it's correct. This takes you back to the main transaction page, which now has "Accept" bolded for action. However, if you press "Acc...

Any ever integrate web transactions into RMS
Hiya, i am not a developer but I have hired some developers to integrate a website using my RMS 1.2. I would like them to also integrate CC payments into RMS but it seems its quite difficult. I would like it so that RMS does the transaction behind the scenes but with no employee intervention. Is this possible? For example can a web transaction be processed by rms using its merchant processing gateway and get approvals and then show up in the X report and z reports then settle in the EDC batch? Any way to make that all happen?

Citibank OFX. no transactions
Hello. When I try to download Citibank OFX transactions, it shows how many transactions will be downloaded and asks you to click next to download the transactions. Then it appears to be doing something, it looks like the window that I usually click OK on after the transactions have been downloaded is being suppressed. No transactions show up in the register. I've tried clearing the temperorary internet files and cookies, but it isn't helping. I tried reparing the Money file too, but direct ofx works fine and so does ofx download from other websites such as the GM Card website. An...