How to Permanently Change Shapes Default Color and Other Formats

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

The default for shapes is a blue with shadow and gradient.  I want to be able to change the default for the Shapes Tool Bar so that when ever I open this tool bar the defaults are Black withy no Shadow and no Gradient � not just to the Normal.doc but also just whenever I open the Drawing Toolbar.  Please advise
0
wdjudd

The defaults for AutoShapes can be partially determined if you open the
Normal.dotm template & set them there. The Shadow, unfortunately, isn't one
that can be changed.

In any given document, though, you can format a shape as you wish in any
respect the Control/Right-Click it & select Set AutoShape Defaults. Those
settings will be in effect for any additional shapes you then create in that
file.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<wdjudd@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
> Office 2008, Version 12.2.4
>
> Mac OS 10.5.8
>
> 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
>
> SHAPES DEFAULT COLOR:
> The default for shapes is a blue with shadow and gradient. I want to be
> able to change the default for the Shapes Tool Bar so that when ever I
> open this tool bar the defaults are Black withy no Shadow and no
> Gradient - not just to the Normal.doc but also just whenever I open the
> Drawing Toolbar. Please advise

0
CyberTaz

How to permanently delete files?
Lets say I delete files with explorer and then empty the recycle bin. Then I use a program to wipe all unused disk space on all the drives. I verified this by watching the disk space on the drive go to zero. Then I had the swap file wiped on reboot. So I figure the deleted files are long go. Where else could they be? Then I start an unerase program, and presto, the files still exists somewhere because the unerase can restore them! Where is the unerase program getting the files and how can I permanently get rid of them? Does anyone have any code to do this? There must be some microsoft da...

Copy Formatting to new worksheet?
I would suspect the answer to this is no but just by chance is there anyway to copy all the formatting of a worksheet to a new worksheet without any of the data. Copy just colors, column widths, etc. Would come in handy for importing CSV data and then quickly formatting to a predetermined format. Edit / Paste special / formats only? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiven...

count conditional format
i have given some conditional format to the cell. which have red, green & black colour. Can it count the cell how much cell in red colour & green & black. Thanks in Advance Shital Shital, You need to write VBA functions to do this. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cfcolors.htm for details and example code. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "shital" <shahshital@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:08b601c3a515$eb575010$a401280a@phx.gbl... > i have given some conditi...

Microsoft, what about those of us that changed our passport?
If we changed out passport will we be able to get back in to our money file once your fix is done, or should we just change our passport back to what it was before the problem? Don't make any more changes until there is a post setting out the recovery steps. I have copied in Cal's post from some hours earlier. "Microsoft is still working the problem. The Microsoft Money product group has identified the problem and are testing a resolution. The proposed resolution is a two part fix. *****There will be a server side implementation as well as all of the customers who are ex...

Changing Column names
Is there a way to change the column names from A, B C etc to specific names & a way to print them Hi Karen you can't change these headings. A workaroun would be: - use row 1 as your heading row - For printing repeat this row (goto 'File - Pagesetup) Frank Karen wrote: > Is there a way to change the column names from A, B C etc > to specific names & a way to print them ...

If I change the Normal font, why does some text not update?
I've got all my styles "based on" the Normal font. And they're set to not have their own font family. (e.g., they look like "Normal + 12 pt + bold", etc. Not "Normal +arial". If I change the Normal style's font, *some* of the text with styles based on Normal change but nost do not. If I go into the style and set it to be based on *another* style (Normal.bold, whatever) then the changes *do* propogate. I can then change the "based on" back to the original. Is there a way to force a "referesh" ...

Formatting Problem
We are trying to be consistent in the way we format our phone numbers, addresses, etc. in CRM. When some of our users enter a phone number like 717-123-4567, CRM will change it to (717) 123-4567 after the record is saved. This only happens on select computers. Does anyone have an idea what is affecting the formatting in CRM? Thanks. are these users working on the web client? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Tom Gwinn" <tgwinn@all-health.com> wrote in message news:ekYjT5QFFHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We are trying to be consiste...

Line color default/Fill color default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I draw a line in Word/Office 2008 it is blue. When I create a Call Out box, its fill color is blue.. Yes, I can go in and manually change those colors each time I draw something, but I would prefer to change the default colors so that all lines are black, and there is no fill color unless I specify it. How can I do this? Thanks That's a new feature. If you get things the way you like them, then right-click the shape, you can choose "Set autoshape defaults". Your new settings will them become the d...

How to prevent passed value types from being changed
Hi! Assume I have variables such as width and height in main and pass these two value types to a method called GetArea. In this case the method can read the values of these two variables so that it can calculate the area. The method can't change the value of the original values that exist in main but it can change the formel copied value of height and width so the returned result is based on the copied values in GetArea. But now to my question is it possible to prevent the two values that is copied to the formel parameters in GetArea to be changed in the GetArea method....

One thing the M05 update doesn't change
An M05+Update file upgrade still mangles Food:Dining Out and :Groceries, FWIW. It doesn't mangle it... this is a preferred setting... most users requested that Dining Out and Groceries were two separate things and did not want them in the same category... the default is setup this way... if you don't like it, change it. In the "Category" list select the "Groceries" category... right click it... click "Move" and then enter "Food : Groceries" as the destination. The same for the "Dining Out" category... move it to "Food : ...

Change how account name appears in Windows Explorer
XP Pro, SP3 Some time ago I used a Dell recovery disk to reinstall XP as I was unable to access the recovery partition. As far as I remember, I only entered: Computer Description: Username's Computer Full Computer Name: Home Workgroup: Workgroup Although the machine is working OK, it has bugged me that when I open Win Explorer I am presented with the following when viewing Documents and Settings: C:\Documents and Settings\(Username).HOME-25XXXXXXXX\My Documents The HOME-25XXXXXXXX reference is that of an old BT Hub (I have used two others since) and is also ...

change telnet reply
Question- When you telnet to an Exchange server on port 110, the reply comes back "computername.domainname Microsoft ESMTP MAIL ....." Is there any way to change this return message, specifically to take out the fact that this is a Microsoft box that they are hitting. I have a contact who would prefer to hide this info from potential hackers. Thanks, Laurie http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836564 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314331 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" ...

Changing a header in a protected form 2007
I have a template that has certain sections protected. The first part is a fill in form. The second part is a body of text that is not protected allowing the user to change styles, underline, change font etc. The problem is that if the user needs to use a second page they will have to put in header information. I.e the name of the document and page number. On the first page is the logo, but on secvond and corresponding pages I would like the user to be able to name the document and have the page numbers work. Is there any way to do this functionality in 2007? I desparately need ...

DVD Drive Icon Not Changing
I hava a copy of the DVD drive icon on my desktop. Even though I have used other DVD's, the Icon for a DVD I used several weeks ago is still there. The same is true for the My Computer (Computer) view. How can I fix this? ...

Pivot Table Cell Formatting
What's the trick to getting Row fields to get consistent and repeatable alignment formatting? I have a Row field that is a number, and I'm trying to get it to be Centered. It seems that some entries stay centered, but some don't. I format the cell for center alignment, and all of the entries are centered, but as soon as I refresh the table, a few of them revert to right justified. Any tips? Todd Hi Hover over the row Field name, until you see a black downward point arrow. Click and all of the data for that field should be highlighted>click the Center icon on the ...

conditional formatting
Thanks Ms-Exl-Learner on my previous post. Related question. I enter 2 into a1 cell and c1 fills with blue. If I enter 3 into a1 then c1 changes back. How can I keep c1 blue while entering something different than 2 into the a1 cell Place the Cursor in C1 cell and hit Cntrl+Spacebar now the Total C Column will be selected, keep in mind that the active cell should be Z1 (Active cell will have a white background after selection also). Now goto Format>>Conditional Formatting>> For Condition1>>Select 'Formula Is'>> Paste the below formula =$A1=...

How do I add more Conditional Formats?
HELP! :) All, I have a issue with only being able to use 3 Conditional Formats within a work sheet. I'm trying to color specific cells within the worksheet based on criteria in another set of rows within the same worksheet. Right now it appears that (3) is the limit. I need to color much more than (3). Example: I have data in (A thru P) on the sheet. Basically it's just a bunch of logical device names. In another set of rows (AI:AJ) I have logical devices and server names that are using them. What I need to is color the cell (A:P) a specific color if there matching devices are...

Changing Font
Does anyone know how to change the font for sending mail in Outlook Express? I go to tools> options> compose and under the mail format option, I change the font but when trying to compose a new message then it does not accept the new font that I changed it to. Thanks ...

How to change vcalendar address
Whenever someone outside our company received an email appointment from us, they get this http link that allow them to accept or reject the appointment. The problem is that the http link is not the correct one. First off, it is send with http instead of https and then the address is just the server name (Netbios) instead of the fully qualified domain name or even the ip address. Where can I change these info. Thanks Vince ...

Preview Pane format lost in unread mail view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to set up a new mail view for Status equal to Unread (original UNread deleted in error), the search works fine but when I set the preview pane to Below List and save the search this setting seems to get overwritten so that each time I go back into my Unread view the Preview Pane has defaulted to Right of List. <br><br>Minor but annoying - any ideas gratefully eceived. Hi! Did you sort this out? I have the same problem, or just about. Am trying to desable the previe pane in a sa...

Can't change the active cell when navigating a spreadsheet
When I try to click into a new cell with in my spreadsheet, instead of it making the new cell the current cell it creates a border around the new cell and the original cell almost like a merge operation. Press F8 again to toggle off Extend selection Russ wrote: > When I try to click into a new cell with in my spreadsheet, instead of it > making the new cell the current cell it creates a border around the new cell > and the original cell almost like a merge operation. ...

change background color with clipart
I need to change the background color of the clipart from white to the color of the colorbox it is inserted in. I tried transparent ctrl -T it did not change. What format is the image? If the image is a .wmf, select it, arrange, click ungroup, (twice) delete the surrounding box. Re-group. The image will look dim but it will print okay. These instructions are for Publisher 2002-03. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Yogi" <Yogi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85ABE3E5-3907-4FD5-8D79-...

Outlook has taken over as my default email and I don't want that
I have separate Outlook Express and Outlook email accounts with Outlook Express as the default. They each have their own email address. When I email photos I right click on the photo[s] then click to make smaller to email. When I do that Outlook Express is always the account that the photos go out on and I send them out. That is until today. For some reason now when I do the above to send photos Outlook has taken over and I don't know why or how to fix the problem. In checking "Email accounts" in Outlook I see that it is the default but I can not figure out how to &quo...

Changing financial institution for credit card
How can I change the financial institution in online set for a credit card which changed from Citi to Bank of America? If I attempt to change it I get the following information window: You cannot change the financial institution for this account because it is set up for online services. If you are trying to rename the financial institution you should use the Rename button on the contact information page for this institution. -- Christopher Fazio VMD In microsoft.public.money, Chris Fazio wrote: >How can I change the financial institution in online set for a credit card >w...

I typed a footer and then hit print preview, it changed the words
I typed the footer in and when I go to print it, it changes the wording.What am I missing. Changes the wording? Perhaps you are unintentionally including fields in the footer? You would need to supply exactly what you typed in the footer, for folks to determine what transpired. Double J wrote: > I typed the footer in and when I go to print it, it changes the wording.What > am I missing. ...