Glyphs in Hoefler Text Ornaments font do not display in Office Programs

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

0
DrTrabold

Lost mouse click after displaying error dialog
I am having a problem with a modification I am doing to an old piece of code. It is using Visual C++ 5.0. Basically I have added some code to check the range of a typed in value. If the value is out of range I am using an AfxMessageBox to display an error dialog. This is all triggered in the ON_EN_KILLFOCUS handler for the entry field. The problem I am having is that after clicking the Ok button on the error dialog, the next mouse click is 'lost'. Also the mouse cursor shows as an input cursor anywhere over the application window until I do the 'extra' click, then it goes ...

Excel merged cell
I have merged two cells and want it to expand (get bigger) as more text is typed or added. I'm able to do this with just a single cell (row autofit, wrap text), but when I merge two or more cells, these options no longer work. I don't think you can and-in my opinion-it's just another reason to stay away from merged cells. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Joanne (JAS)" <Joanne (JAS)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58E1D6FD-3FEB-4C2B-B66C-8363091AA39C@microsoft.com... > I have merged tw...

Avoid double text when using Select.Bookmark
I have a template were the user should write what department he/she is working on. The script works OK with Document_New but if the user is miss-spelling or just want to change the name of the department (I do this manually in testing mode by running the script again) there will be to departments at the bookmark. I have tried to use a textfield but that disappear after using. Here is my code (were Enhet is Swedish for Department): Option Explicit Dim Enhet As String Sub Document_New() Enhet = InputBox("Vilken avdelning?") ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Enhet&...

Hide Some Text in a Cell
Is there a way to hide certain text temporarily in a cell while displaying the rest of the cell's contents? I know I could color that text white, but it repeats in many cells in the same column. I want to hide the same repetitive words in all of the adjoing cells, then uncover them later. DOUG ECKERT 1) It can be DELETED with a Macro [and "pasted" back later. 2) You can use =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"ABC","") in cell B1' in order to hide the ABC > copying the formula down the range and, Temporarily, Hide column A. Afterwards, you can Hide Column B...

Locking a text box?
Hello ... I have a text box on the right side of my document. My problem is that it moves depending on the remaining text. Can I in any way lock the box so that it will always be in the same place no matter how the remaining text forms themselves. Thanks in advance, Rasmus Make sure to position the text box relative to the page edges, not relative to text paragraphs. For more specific instructions, tell us your version of Word. Note that regardless of the chosen Text Wrapping option, if the paragraph containing the text box anchor moves to the following page, so will the...

Can't uninstall Microsoft Office Home and Student from Vista Acer
Ok, so I am having trouble uninstalling microsoft office 2007 so I can install the office professional 2007 suite i just bought. I have an acer pc, and a vista 64 os. In another forum, I was told to go http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/ and follow instructions. When I searched for installers, used the subject feature in View to find Microsoft Office installers and tried to unstall one, I received a message that said I was missing a file = "HomeStudentrWW.msi" and needed to find that file somewhere in order to uninstall any of these installers manually. I ne...

Using Outlook 2002/Word 2002 - Mail Merge
Hi....we need to regularly send non-spam emails to 1000 ormore customers. We use Outlook 2002 and Word 2002. I understand that I can use mail merge with HTML format. I tested a pretty message using both HTML Format and Rich Text Format. HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain text only Rich Text Format - HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text (to make it pretty), the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain tex...

How to display video in Outlook
emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text characters. How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? "lombo" <lombo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4EF6106-000D-4710-81D5-3B6D2A0B19DF@microsoft.com... > emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text > characters. > How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? I suspect you're seeing the raw MIME encoding. This is a sign you have something interfering with Outlook's correct decoding of...

text typing
Many words on the worksheet column are repetitive. I know there is a way that as you begin to type the first couple of letters from a previous word in a new cell it is recognized and automaticly fills in the cell. How do you activate this ? lammy122, tools, options, edit, enable auto complete of cells valves -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "lammy122" <lammy122@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

How do I search for text within text?
How do you search for text within text and then when you find a match, return the information in the next column? I usually use the functions index(match) to do the above. Unfortunately, the function only works when there is a identical match. So, I need to find 765849 in 111765849111 and then return the next column. Thanks, I really appreciate the help! Best regards, Dave Hi! If the values were really text, you could use wildcards with either Vlookup or Match. However, neither seems to work with numeric numbers. So, try this array formula entered with the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,...

Adding Columns Based on Text
Hi, I'm not sure what to call what i'm doing, so please bear with me. In column A, starting from cell A7, i have various text, for example apple, orage, grape, etc. Each of these data is followed by additiona data in the next column, B. For example, apple - new, or apple - old. Column C will then have dollar figures relating to the prior data. What i want to do is add up only the columns that have apple, and giv a sum for that, then only the columns for oranges, then give a sum fo that, and so on. Is there a way to do this as opposed to manually adding each item? Sorry if I...

Split numeric and text
I have a numeric and text in the same cell, I want to remove the nummeric and I want the text to be in the next column.. Please help how to do this.. for example: Cell A1 contains some numeric and text with space inbetween nummeric and text ie, cell A1 - 5823 Peter cell A2 - 23 John I want only the names peter and John in the next cell ie, B1 and B2.. Thanks.. Assuming the numeric portion is *always* a contiguous string. In other words, you won't have something like this: 123 45 678 Peter =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Murali Rajagopal...

Assigning value to text box in a form
Hello there, I'm trying to assign a value to a text box. I thought that would have been pretty easy but I keep getting an error 2448 "You can't assign a value to this object" This is the simple code that I've been using to do so Me.txtTotalAmount.Value = "123" Any idea on what I could modify the codes to make it work? Thanks, Bruno. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 How about Me.txtTotalAmount = "123" Bob "brunogrd via AccessMonster.com" <u34397@uwe...

Chart Source Data Ranges Changing when Data Sheet updated from text file source.
I have a simple Excel wb with 2 sheets. Sheet 1 is simple Line Charts. Sheet 2 is the data for these charts. The data comes from a text file via the 'Import External Data' tool. The text file is filled throughout the day with data every 5 minutes starting at 00:00. Because the chart will contain 288 data points I've set my series values to"=<data sheet name>!$C$2:$C$289" I have 2 questions. 1) Whenever I refresh the Data Sheet from the external text file the series values in my charts increment by the number of new data points. This is no good as it causes my c...

How to align new text in columns with existing text
I have text where I need to put the translation in a second column to line up with this text. How do I create blank new column without the existing text jumping in it? A two-column table would work better than using the "newspaper" or "snaking" columns. If you already have snaking columns, you can easily convert the text to a table. Turn off Columns and remove any Continuous section breaks you may have. Select the text, Table, Convert, Text to Table, check the Tabs at the bottom of this dialog, change the number of columns to 2, OK. You should now have a ...

Open a file without using Office Live?
How do I open an excel file without activating Office Live? I double click on the filename in windows explorer. Or I open excel (xl2003) and use File|open. You may want to explain what you're doing and what happens if this doesn't help. claredb2 wrote: > > How do I open an excel file without activating Office Live? -- Dave Peterson ...

Message display format
I've noticed that sometimes messages appear in my inbox with a format that causes the cursor to appear as a little "hand" instead of the normal cursor, and I am unable to highlight and copy sections of the message. I don't know why this happens or if I am able to change the format of the message. For example, if it contained a website url and I wanted to copy and paste it, I'm unable to copy it because the little "hand" won't change to allow highlighting. Where can I get info on what this is, how to work with it, etc.???? THanks in advance....

search for text then return text
i need a fomula that will search down a specified cells in a column... look at the words in each cell and then display the text i want. for instance... I have a column with words in it and i want it to search through each cell/word for the letter "P"... then i want it to display a "P". if there are one or many instances where a "P" is in that column I want to only display "P". Maybe something like this... =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("P",A1:A20)))),"P","") In this formula case is not a factor. P an...

Portfolio does not Display
Besides buying Money 2007, is there anything else I can try to get my Portfolio View back? I have 2005 Premium. When I click on the Portfolio button, the page displays but none of my data is displayed. But if I go to Accounts they are there. I've tried changing the View in Select View, and the dates but still nothing. BTW, this was working great for more than a 18 mos, then what seemed like all of a sudden, it stopped working. My data file is about 12M in size if that matters. I have XP on a Pentium Dual if that matters. Any help would be appreciated. Tony I also just fou...

Font Size Issue in Outlook 2007?
I am having an issue with the size of the font in the general dialog boxes. At some point the font changed and I cannot see all of the options in the dialog boxes such as when you got to Tools then Account Settings and click on an account to change. The font looks generic and bold. I have tried everything I know with resolution and DPI scaling but still too big. I have ascreen shot attached. Please HELP! +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Font Issue.jpg | |Download: http://www.outlookbanter.com/attachmen...

merging cells and maintaining the fonts size of each cell
I am merging cells but lose the font styles of each of the merged cells in the new cell Is there a way to keep them maintained? Are you concatenating the values in the cell using a formula? Like: =a1&b1&c1 If yes, then formulas won't retain the styles/formats of their dependent ranges. dick wrote: > > I am merging cells but lose the font styles of each of the merged cells in > the new cell > Is there a way to keep them maintained? -- Dave Peterson Can you suggest a way other than the formula below to achieve my result? "Dave Peterson" wrote: > ...

How can I download Solver add-in for excel 97 without the office .
I no longer have my Office 97 cd, and I need to download "Solver Add-In" to use in my excel program. Do you know where I can find JUST THIS download? My computer has VERY little memory left, so I can't download a very large file. Please help me ASAP, I am taking an onlice excel class and need this add-in for 2 of the lessons. Thank you!!! Deb shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > I no longer have my Office 97 cd, and I need to download "Solver > Add-In" to use in my excel program. Do you know where I can find > JUST THIS download? My...

text to tags
I want to know if it is possible to convert plain text to XML tags using MACROS. If so pls tell me how to go abt this process. What do you want to convert them to? -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Sahana" <shalmalibarki.admin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:be15bd60-dad2-4a71-b89b-f2ba90fe8bbe@u36g2000prn.googlegroups.com... >I want to know if it is possible to convert plain text to XML tags > using MACROS. If so pls tell me how to go a...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 05-29-10
I have 3 seperate profiles in MS Outlook with a shortcut for each profile. Until just a few hours ago I could open al 3 profiles, at different times, with no problem. However, I can no longer open my gmail profile. Instead I recieve the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." Does anyone know how I can fix this? And also, what caused the problem? "Phyllis" <phyllis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44B18134-D126-4938-A302-F9DDC854ADC6@microsoft.com... > I have 3 seperate profiles i...

Need help displaying Japanese glyphs
First my system: 1) WinXP 2) East Asian Languages have NOT been installed (Control Panel> Regional and Languages Options> Languages> Install files for East Asian Languages is unchecked). 3) Both MSGothic and MSMincho fonts have been installed from my WinXP CD and they show up in my list of fonts. 4) Japanese code page 932 appears to be present. It is listed in my registry and when I look at Control Panel> Regional and Language Options> Advanced Code Page 932 is checked but grayed out (I don't know what it means when it is grayed out). 5) Developing the application with VC+...