there is not enough disk space or memory to convert this document

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

my docx converter worked just fine last week.  this morning i got the message "there is not enough disk space or memory to convert this document" when trying to open any docx file on any of our intel based macs.  we have a power pc based mac that has the docx converter on it and it opens docx files without any problem.  what has changed over the weekend that has caused the docx converted to stop working on our newer machines?
-1
Mark

I had the same problem start today!
0
Chuck
2/8/2010 10:24:16 PM
Me too!
0
Lizzie
2/8/2010 10:56:14 PM
Without your version numbers, there's nothing we can tell you.

On 9/02/10 6:56 AM, in article uGZArHRqKHA.3832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
"Lizzie" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote:

> Me too!
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.mac.office.word/there-is-not-enough-disk-
> space-or-memory-to-convert-this-docume

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
2/15/2010 7:25:06 AM
I am running Word 2004, version 11.5.6 for Mac
0
Chuck
2/20/2010 7:14:51 PM
That indicates that either the converter is not correctly installed, or that
the document you are trying to convert is corrupt.

If it happens for all documents, that suggests that the converter is not
correctly installed.

There can be a conflict with the Trial version of Office 2004.

Probably the quickest way to resolve the issue is to use the Remove Office
tool to remove all versions of Office 2004, then re-install, and re-update
the paid version.

The remove Office tool is in the Office 2004 Application folder.  When you
run it, make sure only ONE volume with Office 2004 is connected to the
computer: it can get very confused if it can see more than one.

Then, shut down the machine and wait for the power to go off, then re-start.

Now, BEFORE re-connecting any drives such as Time Machine, install Office
2004.  Apply all the latest updates, then install the converter.

Restart the machine again, and all should be well from there. This will not
affect any documents or email you have created, but make sure you apply the
updates before you run any of the newly-re-installed programs.

Hope this helps

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John

Save Emails to Disk?
Hello. I was wondering if it was possible to save Emails from Outlook Express 6 to disk. I have a bunch from a friend in the Army stationed somewhere in the Middle East (he can't say where) that I really want to hold onto but they're on my old computer. I want to be able to keep them on disk. We used to have Prodigy on that computer which ran MSIE 6 and Outlook 6 but later we replaced Prodigy with AOL but dispite doing this my friend's Emails remained on the computer so that even without a connection to the internet (i.e. signed off from AOL) I could still open Outlook an...

Converting Leads #2
When we convert leads and choose disqualify as the option, we get a drop down with a few selections (lost, canceled, etc.) Can we control this drop down to add more reasons to the field? If so, how do i go about making that change? Thanks Tiffany On May 13, 5:55=A0am, Tiffany <Tiff...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When we convert leads and choose disqualify as the option, we get a drop = down > with a few selections (lost, canceled, etc.) > > Can we control this drop down to add more reasons to the field? > If so, how do i go about making that change? > > T...

Enough. Where is the policy?
Okay, Who the heck is in charge on these groups? Someone totally hidden and entirely unaccountable..? What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how these groups are moderated..? Where is the FAQ..? (or FAQs..?) Yes, I've had it. I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get posted. So, you can contact me at: ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334 The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet: 66.207.21...

characters automatically converted to arabic fonts
Hi All. I am trying to input some information for some of my clients in an Excel Sheet. However in one column i have to type data in the following format : A5/69. When i type it , the characters are to converted to some arabic-like fonts. Is there any settings which i must adjust to prevent this. Thks in anticipation. Masoud Enter a single apostrophe in front of the data -- Gary's Student "masoud" wrote: > Hi All. > I am trying to input some information for some of my clients in an Excel > Sheet. However in one column i have to type data in the following for...

Limit Memory Usage
Is there a way to limit the memory usage for the w3wp.exe process that is used by CRM? Right now, it's using up a lot of memory and I would prefer to limit it if it won't hurt performance. It seems to me like the IIS cache for the CRM website just grows this memory more and more throughout the day without "releasing" any memory. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Figured out that to do this you can go into the properties of the CRMAppPool inside of IIS Application Pools and set a "max...

custom function to convert numbers stored as text
Hi everyone, I know you can convert text to numbers with the whole paste multiply by 1 thing but I was wondering if anyone had seen code (or would know what code to use) to convert numbers stored as text to numbers using a custom built VBA function? Any help greatly appreciated! Josh Not sure what you mean, but here is a function that will convert a string value digit to an integer value. Function MakeNum(rng As Range) MakeNum = CInt(rng) End Function To use it, assume a string value of "123456" in cell b5: In an empty cell put formula =MakeNum(b5) >...

Not enough memory?
I am trying to send a 172MB attachment, but get the message "Not enough memory"? I have 4 GB RAM installed, with a net of 2.87 GB available with nothing running and 735GB avilable on my hard drive. Why am I getting this message? Is there a size limitation in Windows Mail? -- McM I don't know of any server that would allow a 172MB message. Even if they did, you'd probably end up with a really teed-off recipient when they tried to download it. Use an upload site. Here are a couple, but you can Google for more. Upload large files. An alternative to e-mail....

Converting Outlook .pst files to Mac
I bought a Mac when my Dell laptop crashed, but only have .pst files for my Outlook email, contacts, and calendar. I copied the .pst files to my Mac desktop but need to import them into Mac Mail and Address Book programs. I see third-party software that requires running Outlook (I can't because the Dell hard drive is dead) or using csv files (again, I can't export in that format because the PC is dead). Does anyone know how I can get the data in my Outlook .pst files into my new Mac programs? Many thanks, Jason Hi Jason: See here: http://scriptbuilders.net/files/exportimportentour...

Extending Exch 5.5 hard disk on RAID 5
I am using exch 5.5, sp4 on win 2k. Priv.edb and Pub.edb are sitting on e:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA which is 36gb and nearly ful. Drive E:\ consists of 3x18gb disks. I have got three 36gb new hard disks that i want to use as a replacement to the existing 18gb drives and also put RAID 5 ontop. This is my rough plan Offline back of entire e:\ Take out 3x18gb disks Load the 3x36gb disks Configure RAID 5 Load the backed up dbase. Do you think there is something that i am missing here please? Also, if you have carried out similar task in the past, what was your experience that you want me to kn...

Free memory of CWebBrowser.
I am loading a browser in my C++ application. I use CWebBrowser class embebed in CDialog class. Several instances are loaded from CDialog class. When I close any CDialog instance (with DestroyWindow) memory is not free in my application. I precise to free memory because it is critical in my system. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -- javi Are you using new to instantiate the CWebBrowser objects? Use delete to free them. AliR. "javi" <javi.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3C60C15B-68BC-4D02-A30E-CC0457019840@microsoft.com... >I am loading a browser in my C++...

SCSI HARD DISK RADI 5 NECESARY??
Why is it so necesary having SCSI HArd Disk. i have a Server with the next: P4 2.8Ghz, 1GB RAM 80GB HArd Disk SATA 40GB ATA will i be able to install CRM 3.0 under This Hardware Architecture the software is not problem i have already install Windows 2003 Server You will be able to install CRM 3.0. SCSI is recommended for performance. It all depends on how many users and how much CRM activity you expect to have. With the specification of server that you mention I wouldn't expect it to support much more than 5 or so simultaneous users. But of course, it totally depends on how much th...

Converting amount in figures to amount in words
I want to use 'homemade' cheque printing utiity for cheque printing. I need to convert amount in figures to amount in words. Is thare any ready made utility / macro / function / add on available ? -- Shrikant Shrikant, You can find some at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html. If you need an Indian form, where the format is different, post back as I have one of those as well. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Shrikant" <Shrikant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5B2FCB4-A37B-4B58-A255-494931CFDA9E@microsoft.com... > I want to use 'home...

Virtual Memory Issues #2
I'm new to managing a server so please have patience with me. I have started receiving a pop up messages on my Server 2003 stating...."Application popup: Windows - Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low : Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file." The VM size on drive C is set 2046 - 4092 with no VM size set in drive D...so this setting is for both drives. Do you think the VM error I'm getting will be alleviated if I set a paging size for D drive? Thanks for your help On 27 Jul 2006 05:47:47 -0700, "kamor56&qu...

Dynamic Disks and Raid 1
I have a computer with two identical hard drives and the computer does not support hardware raid. If I install windows server 2003, convert the disk to dynamic and create a raid 1 mirror through windows 2003, what will happen if I pull one of those hard drives and try to read it in another computer? I should know this but I haven't used software raid or dynamic disks in so long I can't remember. My concern is if the motherboard fails and the disks have been converted to dynamic, I won't be able to just plug one of those drives into an available SATA port on another ...

store.exe memory usage
Hello all I am having some strange things happening on my exchange server and when looking at a few things in the task manager I noticed that the memory usage for the store.exe process is at about 600meg. I restarted the server and it's now at about 200meg. Does that look right? I am not an exchange guru so any help would be great. Also, can you point me to any sites that deal with exchange management. Thanks I only have about 300 mailboxes "Paul" <pauled@NOSPAM.iu08.org> wrote in message news:evMq%235tdHHA.4784@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello all > >...

Add-on to Convert Workorder to Layby
Hi , Does anyone know were I can find an Add-on to convert a Workorder to a Layaway? Customer uses Workorder to capture special customer orders then when the stock comes in they want to convert it to a layaway so it no-longer shows on order reports. Any help much appreciated... Regards, Jason Jason, Maybe I don't understand what the user is trying to do, but why didn't they place the item on the layaway to begin with? If the item is not in stock and it is placed on a backorder, workorder, or layaway it will show up on a needs-to-be-ordered report or suggested PO. When it rec...

not enough memory when sorting email
I continue to get an error message saying I don't have enough memory for my e-mail rules used for sorting my e- mail into their proper boxes. CAn you please increase it? Can it be solved? ...

Built in Excel 2003 need to convert to 2007
I have built a spreadsheet in 2003 with macros, advanced filtering and vlookups. I open it 2007 compatibility mode, but have found as I develop the spreadsheet further I am being warned of more compatibility issues. I need to be able to use all the 2007 features to move forward so how do I convert what I already have from 2003 to 2007? Is it as simple as changing the Save As format to Macro Enabled Workbook? I don't want to re-create everything. Thanks! xl2003 should be able to be forward compatible whereas 2007 may ?? NOT be backward compatible. You should?? be able to ...

My Documents & Outlook Bar
Just switched to Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2002 on my Outlook Bar I had a added a shortcut to My Documents (in a group called "Other Shortcuts"). I want to do the same in Outlook 2003 but can't seem to be able to find a method to do this - any ideas? Much thanks! Right click on a blank space on the tool bar. Choose Customize and work through the dialog box. "SamDev" <lnoble@ody.ca> wrote in message news:lKSNd.90538$vO1.567029@nnrp1.uunet.ca... > Just switched to Outlook 2003. > > In Outlook 2002 on my Outlook Bar I had a added a shortcut to My Docum...

how do i convert a scanned document into a spreadsheet
i'm trying to convert a scanned document with specific fields into a spreadsheet. Any tips on how to do this with minimal complications. You would need to OCR the scan (I presume this is a .Tif type of file and then you can Copy (select the items required, and press CTRL and C and Paste (CTRL / V) into the required sheet. excel @ home Wrote: > i'm trying to convert a scanned document with specific fields into a > spreadsheet. Any tips on how to do this with minimal complications -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan He...

Do I have a legitimate disk? (A really Long Question)
We were cleaning out our computer related storage area, and I came upon a "Not for Retail or OEM Distribution" disk for Office:mac 2001. The CD includes the CD case with orange CD Key sticker on the back. I'm assuming that the software was installed at one time since there is a handwritten Product ID # that contains the CD key in the number. All of the Macintosh computers that were ever used by the company are accounted for and doesn't have the software installed on it, but anybody who would have purchased (aquired) this disk has moved on to other employment, so it is diff...

not enough resources
Hi there Hope someone can help. I am running excel 2002, and just recently been getting messages when trying to save work. Its all ok for about an hour then it locks up when I try to save, when I have 2 or 3 workbooks open. It says not enough resources close some other running programs. I am not running any others at the time. after many trys it finally says disk full. I am running xp home, service pack 2. I have plenty of disk space about 10gb so that's not the problem. any help would be appreciated. Also when I now start up excel a blank workbook appears this never used to. Also when I o...

Using Linked Table Manager after converting A95 db to A2003
I have converted an A95 db to A2003. I need for some users to be able to use previous versions of Access with the db. Hence, I use the database splitter to create a backend db. Then I deleted it as per instructions on MS Help and then opened the A2003 db. Next I am to use the Linked Table Manager to link back to the original database. However, when I click on Linked Table Manager, I get a dialog box with no tables listed to refresh or update the source. When I look at the A2003 db window, it shows the tables are linked by using the -> in front of the table name. Why am I not seeing t...

Preventing TextToColumns Trimming Leading Spaces
Hi, I am trying to programatically use TextToColumns via VB 6. I would like to use TextToColumns, however, when I split it trims trailing spaces. Can I turn this off somehow? Thanks in advance, Stephen --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Stephen, If you edit your data beforehand you could change " " to "~" --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Stephen2 >" &...

How do I make an A5 document with text in 2 columns in Publisher?
I am trying to create an A5 brochure in landscape with 2 columns for text and spaces to add photos. I don't know how to do the columns or how to put in photos without upsetting the text. Any ideas? Adjust the wrap. It is the dog icon on the toolbar. Experiment with different wraps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Emma at Capital Sport" <Emma at Capital Sport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:581317B6-1704-46F3-9E0D-3EDF18B69536@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an A5 brochure in landscape with 2 columns for text and > spaces to ad...