there is not enough disk space or memory to convert this document

  • Follow

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

my docx converter worked just fine last week.  this morning i got the message "there is not enough disk space or memory to convert this document" when trying to open any docx file on any of our intel based macs.  we have a power pc based mac that has the docx converter on it and it opens docx files without any problem.  what has changed over the weekend that has caused the docx converted to stop working on our newer machines?
-1
Reply Mark 2/8/2010 5:22:27 PM

I had the same problem start today!
0
Reply Chuck 2/8/2010 10:24:16 PM

Me too!
0
Reply Lizzie 2/8/2010 10:56:14 PM

Without your version numbers, there's nothing we can tell you.

On 9/02/10 6:56 AM, in article uGZArHRqKHA.3832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
"Lizzie" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote:

> Me too!
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.mac.office.word/there-is-not-enough-disk-
> space-or-memory-to-convert-this-docume

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
Reply John 2/15/2010 7:25:06 AM

I am running Word 2004, version 11.5.6 for Mac
0
Reply Chuck 2/20/2010 7:14:51 PM

That indicates that either the converter is not correctly installed, or that
the document you are trying to convert is corrupt.

If it happens for all documents, that suggests that the converter is not
correctly installed.

There can be a conflict with the Trial version of Office 2004.

Probably the quickest way to resolve the issue is to use the Remove Office
tool to remove all versions of Office 2004, then re-install, and re-update
the paid version.

The remove Office tool is in the Office 2004 Application folder.  When you
run it, make sure only ONE volume with Office 2004 is connected to the
computer: it can get very confused if it can see more than one.

Then, shut down the machine and wait for the power to go off, then re-start.

Now, BEFORE re-connecting any drives such as Time Machine, install Office
2004.  Apply all the latest updates, then install the converter.

Restart the machine again, and all should be well from there. This will not
affect any documents or email you have created, but make sure you apply the
updates before you run any of the newly-re-installed programs.

Hope this helps

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
Reply John 2/25/2010 3:59:35 AM

(page loaded in 0.064 seconds)