The Bullet Points, And the Paragraph Symbol

Version: 2008

Today I had a problem on MS Word 2008. I opened up the page and went under the note book option for a new document. When it had opened there were bullet points all the way towards the left of the page. Also, after ever line there was a small blue paragraph symbol. If you know how to disable this feature or you can give me some type of hints, please message me back.
0
alippy76

You have simply toggled the display of non-printing characters. You can
toggle them off using the keystroke Command+8, but they are valuable assets
when reviewing/formatting/editing/revising a document. It would be a good
idea to understand what they mean & how to take advantage of them:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/4/10 5:12 PM, in article 59bb7eeb.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"alippy76@officeformac.com" <alippy76@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Today I had a
> problem on MS Word 2008. I opened up the page and went under the note book
> option for a new document. When it had opened there were bullet points all the
> way towards the left of the page. Also, after ever line there was a small blue
> paragraph symbol. If you know how to disable this feature or you can give me
> some type of hints, please message me back.

0
CyberTaz
5/4/2010 10:30:32 PM
Thanks So much
0
alippy76

How do you play a power point presentation inside the window only
I have generated excel tutorial like ebook for comfort of the learning of the not so smart. I want to give prompting for the pupil with excel in one window and power point presentation prompts on the other. When you go into play mode, the power point occupies the full screen; the result the excel problem being cited gets closed. So I desire to know whether the power point presentation can be run in window mode without taking the full screen into it. Can somebody help me. PROF. GOVARDHAN JAYANTHI Camp: USA (Originally from India) "PROF. GOVARDHAN JAYANTHI" ...

Bulleted text without bullets
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355074214_522160 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit OS X 10.6.3 Office 2008 Word 12.2.4 Created a Word document, added bulleted text, saved it, printed it, looked fine. Closed the document and Word. Reopened the same document an hour later and the bullets had changed to small open boxes. Printed it, no bullets, no boxes. Tried to change the boxes back to bullets, couldn�t...

Highlight Data Points that change in Graph
Hi all Is it possible to highlight data points that change slope in Excel 2003 and if so how. Richard ...

Indentation in bulleted list
How do I inent the second line of a bulleted list? Thanks! Is this Word 2007? Then you should right-click the bulleted paragraph and choose Adjust List Indents from the context menu. In the dialog box, "Bullet position" is the distance from the left margin to the bullet character; "Text indent" is the distance to the text from the left margin. For a hanging indent, you would specify a larger value than for "Bullet position." For "Follow number with," choose "Tab character." Select "Add tab stop at," and then specify the ...

Can't find basic mathematical symbols eg +
I am new to Excel 2007 and I want to put the basic mathematical symbols ie + - * / on the tool bar but can't find them! I don't think you can do that What is wrong with the keyboard keys for math ops? -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Crowdy Head" <Crowdy Head@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C322654-B165-41C5-8FE9-8773975FAD23@microsoft.com... > I am new to Excel 2007 and I want to put the basic mathematical symbols ie > + > - * / > on the tool bar but can't find them!...

Excel 5 data points
What was the maximum number of data points that could be plotted in a single data series in a two dimensional chart in Excel 5? This number was increased to what number in Excel 97? ...

Bullet
Dear gurus, is there any way I can insert bullets into excel file? just like in words? thanks in advance. regards, Steven --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.550 / Virus Database: 342 - Release Date: 09-12-2003 No, but you can create a bullet by holding down Alt key while typing 0149 with the numpad, -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Steven Yong" <csyong@ebworx.com> wrote in message news:OajQ5EGwDHA.2492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear gurus, > > is there any way I can insert bullets i...

System restore points
My system is creating restore points labelled "Software Distribution Service 3.0". How can I find out what that is? I don't think it's my security software downloading updates because the time doesn't correspond to the time of today's update, and my system updates aren't installed automatically. Bobbi Gold "Bobbi" <bobbi@example.invalid> wrote in message news:uhHKGt7KLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My system is creating restore points labelled "Software Distribution > Service 3.0". How can I find out what...

VBA Paragraph Object?
Hi there, I had a bit of code that I've used in PowerPoint to loop through each paragraph in a textbox so that I could then extract the first sentence (ie up to the first dash). Works fine, but trying to do the same thing in Publisher, I discovered that "Paragraph" isn't an object of Textrange (as it is in PowerPoint) so I'm having trouble getting hold of each paragraph. This is the code from PowerPoint: For Each txtPara In shp.TextFrame.TextRange.Paragraphs and this is my (not quite working!) attempt in Publisher: n = 1 Do Until shp.TextFrame.TextRan...

Pointing to a pointer to an .mdb
I have a database called xpto.mdb Several users run it simultaneously without a problem: \ \computername_name\dir\xpto.mdb. The problem is that, as version change (minor changes), I will have xpto-v1.mdb, xpto-v2.mdb, etc. Of course the data is in a different place. I had an idea to force users to move to new .mdb(engine) version every time they exit access. I created a batch file pointing to the last .mdb version and a shortcut to the batch file. Users run the shortcut, the shortcut calls the .bat file, the btch file runs the .mdb file, access starts and it goes(?) well. If there is a n...

Simple ( I thought) X Y Axis point plotting
Help . I have been trying and failing to sucessfully plot x , y co ordinates from worksheet data containing 3 columns One being the name of the location the next being the x co ords and the final one bieng the y co ord. I can not get these simple points to be plotted. I am using x,y scatter but tried bubble too Why is this apparently simple task getting the better of me. Ps the number of records may eventualy exceed 255 points and that seems to pop up as an issue too -- Wobbles ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wobbles's Profile: http://www.theco...

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol IID_IPOutlookApp
Hi, I have ported one class from .NET into standard C++ but I have issues with some constant. My class is defined lke this : #ifndef _SYSTEMWINDOWSMOBILEPOCKETOUTLOOK_H #define _SYSTEMWINDOWSMOBILEPOCKETOUTLOOK_H #include "System.h" #include <objbase.h> #include <pimstore.h> namespace System{ namespace WindowsMobile{ namespace PocketOutlook{ class PimItem; class Contact; class Appointment; class PimItemCollection; class ContactCollection; class Folder; class ContactFolder; class OutlookSession; ... class OutlookSession { public: ...

Line Graph with two different data points
Hello, I am trying to create a line chart with numbers from my product Vs a competitor. The problem i am having is how can i make a chart that will have four data points comparing to each other? For example Product A- 1.5 1.2 1.6 1.8 Product B- 2.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Product A- 70% 20 % 30% 67% Product B- 65% 30% 65% 55% How do i get all of these numbers on one chart? Is a line chart correct. I want to see these numbers compared?? Thank you so much Hi, Since the number don't appear related to the percentages you might plot them on the same chart but two different axes. If they were relate...

adding connection points to pictures?
Can you add connection points to pictures you import from a file? If so how. "beeby@sympatico.ca" <beeby@sympatico.ca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84B2FCF8-482F-4AAA-B55A-5ADA031BA239@microsoft.com... > Can you add connection points to pictures you import from a file? If so > how. When you insert an image, it creates a container shape and you can add the connection points to the container shape. John... Visio MVP ...

Bullet list
I have a list of 25 items, each item a new line. I want to apply bullets to each line, but when I highlight the list and go to Bullets and Numbers, only the first line comes out with a bullet. How can I get all the lines with bullets? (Doing each line seperately does not work.) Thanks. For bullets to work there has to be a hard return after each item. Shift+return doesn't work. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tom C" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1C9E047-43B8-41EA-8651-AB274DCCDA0C@microsoft.com... >I have a list of 25 items, eac...

inserting specific points on a graph and label them?
Hi, i have excel 03 and have creating a xy scatter graph of frequency response and i need to mark 2 specific points on the graph and label them. Does anyone know how to do this? On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, cj_69 <cj69@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Hi, i have excel 03 and have creating a xy scatter graph of frequency >response and i need to mark 2 specific points on the graph and label them. >Does anyone know how to do this? Create the following table in a convenient part of your spreadsheet: x1 y1 Comment1 x2 y2 Comment2...

Implied Decimal Point
Is there an easy way to handle implied decimal points? I have a field with 10 places, 8 before the decimal, 2 after. (e.g 123456890 = 12,345,678.90). I need to convert this field (and 40 or so like it) to decimal form. I could set up a formula to divide by 100 for each field, but there's got to be an easier, less time-consuming way to do it. Any ideas? I am having trouble picturing 40 or so numeric fields. This doesn't sound too normalized to me. However, dividing by 100 is as good of solution as any (other than possibly normalizing). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MV...

Bullets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I am taking notes during class in the notebook layout view. I am having a problem promoting/demoting single bullet headings. When I press tab or shift+tab the line I want moves, plus everything below it. Is there a keyboard shortcut or other way to just promote/demote a single line and not everything underneath it? I realized I posted this in wrong section. Please ignore this post > Hi, I am taking notes during class in the notebook layout view. I am having a problem promoting/demoting single bullet headings. Wh...

Axis points labels on the xlCategory axis
Hi Folks, I'm looking for a way to change the Category axis column labels with one command, similar to how you would program a series object using the Values property. I know it can be done as you can do it in the UI, unfortunately I haven't a Scooby how to do it in code. Many Thanks -- Regards Rob Pollard My Astro CCD page is: http://www.robpol.demon.co.uk Hey Andy, Thanks!!!!! That does the trick!!! I guess I owe you a few beers! :) -- Regards Rob Pollard My Astro CCD page is: http://www.robpol.demon.co.uk "Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in ...

Power Point Presentation
How do I show the actual date/time in a dias show Which version of PowrPoint are you using, and where do you want the date/time to appear? -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Rene Mehlbye" <ReneMehlbye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5A2C97D-F3D8-42F8-B7BB-1BA140A5F682@microsoft.com... > How do I show the actual date/time in a dias show Which version of PPT are you using? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tiny...

Excel should let you graph every n-th data point in a column
I just want to make the suggestion that you should be able to graph every n-th data point in a set of data on a scatter plot. I have a set of data with thousands of points, and I have a model prediction to match. The best way to differentiate between a set of data and model prediction and experimental data is to make the expermental data points on the graph and make the model predictions a solid line. If you have many expermental data points on a graph, the data looks like a solid line no matter what you do to it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microso...

Numbering Data Points on Chart
Hello; I've few data series plotted on XY Scatter Chart. Each data series consists of numerous data points numbered 1, 2, 3, ... in a column on the w/s to the left of X values. Let us assume: Series 1 point # :: A2:A20 X Values:: B2:B20 Y Values:: C2:C20 Is there a practical way to display the point # beside the point marker on the 2D chart for all points and for all series ?? (For obviously reasons, one can't treat each point as a series and display series name). Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Create the points using columns B and C, then use one of these f...

Strike Through - Bulleted items
WOrd 2002 I am trying to use "strike through" with a document that contains quite a number of bulleted lists. I carefully select the words in the bullet and apply strike through. But, it strikes through not only the selected text, but also the bullet itself and the empty space between the bullet and the text. I've shut of "smart paragraph selection" to keep it from grabbing more than I want. If I do not select the first character in the text, it works fine. It also works fine if I select from the start but not the end of the text.I've tried turning on ...

Office documents printing black diamond symbol
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Current Office for Mac 2008 version - 12.2.1 When I print to an HP LaserJet P2055DN network printer, I get an extra page printed with a small balck diamond symbol in the upper left-hand corner. I have contacted HP but they are blaming Microsoft Office for this....has anyone else found this problem when printing??? Garren_98 Hi Garren; I haven't seen any such issue posted here. The real question is "What happens if you print to a different printer?" If you get the same result then perhaps there could be a...

Dynamics CRM & Performance Point Server (PPS)
Our challenge is to determine a solution for our client including CRM and BI. Part of the project requires data from disparate systems being consolidated and presented in various formats through CRM. Would anyone care to comment if Performance Point Server (PPS) is our best option? Has anyone been involved or know of projects involving CRM, BI and PPS? A relevant KB would suffice at this point. Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, my searches have not revealed a lot. Much appreciate your time to respond. (Same posted in Developers forum) Mandy, You should be able to do al...