Sermon Outline Template

I am trying to create an Outline Template in Microsoft Word for Mac
2008. Having trouble with this one.  Any help appreciated.

www.mikealrhughes.com
0
Mike

Hi Mike;

I'm not sure what you mean by an "Outline Template". Outlining is a matter
of Paragraph Formatting in Word. You can't really apply paragraph formatting
unless you have paragraphs to apply it to :-) Unless you have an exact
number of items & sub items permitted in each new document based on the
template there really is no need to use one.

Have a look in Word Help on the subject of "Create an Outline Numbered List"
as well as this page & the links from it:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingOLView.htm

If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask, but please be as
descriptive as possible of what you're trying to do.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/23/09 2:56 PM, in article 59bafadd.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Mike"
<mail@mikealrhughes.com> wrote:

> I am trying to create an Outline Template in Microsoft Word for Mac
> 2008. Having trouble with this one.  Any help appreciated.
>
> www.mikealrhughes.com

0
CyberTaz

Extremely slow open doc missing template
When we open a document with a template \\servername\folder and the server does not exist i e when opening a document attached in an email it takes about 5 minutes to open the document. The problem occours when working in a net work. If we replace the template path with normal.dot the document opens fast. But there are thounsands of documents. If I open the same document in Vista or in Server 2008 R2 I can press ESC to stop Word looking after the template. But it does not work in Windows 7. I am going to try this old solution .. think it is the same problem .. so maybe it ...

Multiple Sheets in a template
Is it possible to have multiple worksheets in a template so when insert this template into a new workbook all the pages will com along? It seems that when I try and do this all my named ranges really ge messed up -- reddog906 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- reddog9069's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2445 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38835 I guess my question is how do named ranges work on multiple sheet templates? Does a named range depend on the name of the temp...

How do I create a standard email html template?
I'm trying to create a standard email html template for use wit Outlook. I understand about making the paths absolute. All I want to do is to create a standard email with our logo, an include our address, telephone, email, and web address at the bottom. My problem is that I can't figure out how to get Outlook to use th HTML as the standard template for all emails. The Stationary featur doesn't seem to work... Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForu...

exel template
I am in search for an Exel work project template for a residential electrical contractor. This reference from Microsoft will create a gnatt chart when you input a project schedule. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q123260/ You might want to search the internet for "excel project management workbooks". ---- Regards, John Mansfield http:///www.pdbook.co, "R. Rubio" wrote: > I am in search for an Exel work project template for a residential electrical > contractor. ...

Copy outline?
Hi, Can i copy a set of rows with an outline somewherelse on a sheet, and keep the outline? Thanks ...

Excel Template Wizards
Hello, For tracking department purchases using Purchase Orders, we had created a Purchase Order Template and database using Excel 2000's Template Wizards. This worked out extremely well and was a fast, easy solution to keeping track of individual department purchases from vendors. In Excel 2003, the template wizards have been removed because of the Office Online add-ons and downloads. When loading up the template created in office 2000, 2003 does not use the tools provided in the original template, such as a "Pur Order" toolbar that brings up the next PO number to be us...

Can I create an outline form numerical Outline Level?
Further to my posting 'Can I copy row grouping between files?' In my Excel file containing data exported from MS Project there is a column headed 'Outline Level', containing numbers 1 > 8. How can I use these to create an outline to group rows in the excel file? ...

NCAA Template Excel
I can't figure out how to use the "tracker" version of the template. I'm tracking about 40 - 50 participants, and can belive that every pick will require manual entry. Is there a way to import people's selections? This is not a good answer--but have you thought of using one of the Web based NCAA pools--I think Yahoo! has one. Then you can avoid the hassle of keeping track and let yahoo! do it for you. George wrote: > > I can't figure out how to use the "tracker" version of the template. I'm > tracking about 40 - 50 participants, and can...

Calendar Template
Why does my Calendar template print backwards Maybe your set to Hebrew or some such thing.. also, go to Tools - Options - International and ensure you are viewing left to right. "brihem" wrote: > Why does my Calendar template print backwards ...

Cannot expand/collapse outline groups on protected sheet
A continual frustration for us has been the inability to expand/collapse outline groups when a sheet is protected in Excel 2007. There are many options that can be excluded when protecting a sheet, but we do not see an exclusion for the outline option. Is there another option somewhere that will allow the user to perform this operation on a protected sheet? The only other option would be to put in macros that unprotect the sheet, hide or unhide certain groups, and then protect again. In most situations I don't think this is a very workable solution. Blue Max wrote: > > A...

where is the excel template located?
Where is the default excel (office 2003) template located? I suspect I have somehow modified mine. I have a problem exporting a report from MYOB into excel in that the date appears in the US format for the first 56 rows, and then the Australian format for the remaining rows. I have all settings as far as I can see in the computer set to Australian format. Even when I try and change the date format to Australian on the first 57 rows the display will not change to Australian format. I have tried clearing all formats and reformatting it but it still will not change (in these first 57 row...

add personal template to the insert worksheet dialog box
In Excel when you right click on the sheet tab and select 'Insert' the Insert dialog box opens. Clicking the second tab 'SpreadSheet Solutions' offers multiple templates to insert as a new tab. How do I add my own template to this list so that when I follow the steps I am inserting a template I created. Create the template then store it in this folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 which is the Spreadsheet Solutions folder. Or in General Folder C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Restart Outline Numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created an outline that has multiple levels. In the outline numbering dialog box I have checked the box for &quot;restart numbering after&quot; for each of the levels 2, 3, and 4, and saved this in the template. <br><br>For level 2, the outline numbering does not start after level 1. However, for all subsequent levels, the outline numbering does start correctly. The box is correctly checked when I go in to review the settings for my outline numbering. I have tried to uncheck and sa...

huge file bloat when using TEMPLATES??!?!
I work on a product where I ship both debug and release DLLs. I have noticed that my debug DLL has packed on about 300k after writing code that uses MFC and ATL templates. Is there any compiler option I can use to reduce some weight while still having all the necessary debug info? I am already using the PDB file option. Thanks. Doubt it, MFC debug info really packs on the pounds - My main app ships at 200kb release and its 700 in debug. If you jump into the MFC sets, you will see there is quite a lot behind those templates. - MR "Nobody" <nobody@cox.net> wrote in ...

Money 2003 Invoice Templates
Created a invoice from Money's invoice designer. The designer won't let you display the project title. I would think that would be an important piece of information when my customers get invoiced. Anyway to have an invoice print the project title? Thanks, Brad ...

[Issue] Template sharing not displaying
I am trying to add security around mailmerge templates and only displaying them to certain users through sharing. I am able to share the templates I add but the interface only allows the users to choose a "Personal" or "Organization" template making the shared templates not display. Through the FilteredMailMergeTemplate view I can see the template, so the sharing is working, but the OOTB UI doesn't display it. Any plans on fixing this issue? Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the mo...

Insert Template
I am trying to create an insert to use for a payroll stuffer. I want it to fit into a number 9 envelope. Does anyone know of a template that I could use for this? If you just mean a slip of paper announcing some event, you don't really need a template. Just measure the envelope and create your insert to fit within that size. You ought to be able to get 3 or 4 on a full sheet of paper. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Rpigott" <Rpigott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E97E...

How can I customize the address book like with details templates please?
Hello, I know that you can modify the details templates for users, i.e., the form displayed when you select the Properties of a recipient, but how can I changes the fields displayed when a user opens the address book by clicking on Tools - Address Book in Outlook? I need to change the field displayed for the office address to use an extensionAttribute. Thanks, - Alan. No one uses the Address Book view for anything, nor should they. It is not an interface intended for any data entry or modification, and if you use it that why, you'll regret it. -- Russ Valentine &qu...

Chart Templates in Excel 2007
I am trying to make a chart template to draw an xy scatter plot using two columns. I follow the instructions on p. 410 of John Walkenbach's new book. It does make a template. The problem is that when I use two new columns of data, select them both and call the template it plots them both as if they were y variables against an x axis of 0-n (where n is the number of data points). If I select only the y variable, it plots it against an x axis of 0-n. This worked in Excel 2003. why not now? I've noticed the same thing, but too late to include the solution in Excel 2007 Bible. Y...

Word Outline to Powerpoint
How do I export a word outline into PowerPoint 2007. I could do this easily in 2003 by clicking File send but this is no longer an option??? Many thanks -- Kind regards Ann Shaw WORD 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 Take the following actions:- 1. Open PowerPoint (I opened new blank Presentation). 2. Home / Slides group / click on drop down arrow to the lower right of New Slide / Slides from Outline . . . (towards the bottom) / Insert Outline window should open / make sure All Outlines selected towards lower right hand corner / go to the directory where your WORD file is ...

Template Wizard Database Protection
Hello, I have created a template for use with the 'Template Wizard With Dat Tracking'. I would like to protect the database (or parts of it) that is create so that the only way to create or modify records is to use the templat (unless you know the password!) - but when I do this, the template ca not add any new records to the database. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks in anticipation. veci -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Checkbox and Word Template
I have a word template with 4 different quantities listed with a checkbox in front of them, depending on the quantity selected I want it to calculate the cost. Example Quantity 1000 $4 2000 $3 3000 $2 4000 $1 Is there anway to get my protected form to calculate the cost based on the checkbox that has been checked? I was trying to do the run macro on exit but the form is protected. I think we need some more information here. I take it those are unit costs? Where does the quantity come from? Where do you wan...

Change language on wizard templates
I have the language set as English (UK) which is fine, except when I use one of the wizard templates in publisher, for some reason they remain set as English (US). How can I change this? ...

Setting up email templates in Outlook
I'd like to create an email template in outlook with attachments and cc: addresses. For example: I'd like to be able to send an email and for the template to stay the same with the attachements, wording etc. I would think that the best way to do this would be using a form. In Outlook select tools-form- design a form. Once done this can also be published to your exchange server to make it available to everyone. >-----Original Message----- >I'd like to create an email template in outlook with >attachments and cc: addresses. For example: I'd like to >be ab...

Outline printing
When I print an outline, some words at the ends of lines do not print. In addition, Print Preview does not accurately show how an outline will be printed. ...