scroll bar disappeared

I have lost my vertical scroll bar at the right hand side of the Word document  in order to scroll up and down the page - I can't manoevre anywhere within the document. How do I get the scroll bar back again?  Help?!!!
6
rosalievh

What View are you using? If 'Full Screen' View no scroll bar displays. Go to
View> Full Screen or press ESC to exit from Full Screen View.

If that isn't the case go to Word> Preferences> View & be certain there are
checks in the appropriate boxes in the Window section.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/2/10 5:00 AM, in article 59bb945d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"rosalievh@officeformac.com" <rosalievh@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have lost my vertical scroll bar at the right hand side of the Word document
> in order to scroll up and down the page - I can't manoevre anywhere within the
> document. How do I get the scroll bar back again?  Help?!!!

0
CyberTaz
6/2/2010 10:06:31 AM
> What View are you using? If 'Full Screen' View no scroll bar displays. Go to <br>
> View> Full Screen or press ESC to exit from Full Screen View. <br>
> If that isn't the case go to Word> Preferences> View &amp; be certain there are <br>
> checks in the appropriate boxes in the Window section. <br>
> HTH |:>)  <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> Many thanks - I went to Word, Preferences, View and ticked the option for vertical and horizontal scroll bar - a window I hadn't been able to find before.  Thanks <br>
Rosalie <br>
> On 6/2/10 5:00 AM, in article 59bb945d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;rosalievh@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > I have lost my vertical scroll bar at the right hand side of the Word document <br>
> > in order to scroll up and down the page - I can't manoevre anywhere within the <br>
> > document. How do I get the scroll bar back again?  Help?!!! <br>

2
rosalievh

Windows mail comes alright but then disappears
Hello, Background I run my Gmail thorugh Windows mail. The settings in Gmail is activated for pop. The settings in Windows mail are “recent: my.name@gmail.com”. The server port settings are 25/995. Furthermore I use Windows Vista, F-secure, Internet Explorer 7. Windows Mail arrives alright. To the inbox. I can open it and so on. Problem comes when I have a look in another folder in Windows mail, such as sent or junk. Then the newly arrived mail just disappears from the Windows mail. It can still be found in the Gmail, but that´s not what I want. What am I doing wrong...

Scrolling with CScrollView
Hi everyone, Let me start by saying that I'm rather new to scrolling. I have come accross the following problem. I created a new SDI MFC application that uses CScrollView with Visual Studio .NET 2003. Then I have increased the size in CScrollView::OnInitialUpdate() to 1000 by 1000. Finally I have added the following code in CScrollView::OnDraw(), // TODO: add draw code for native data here CRect rect; GetClientRect (&rect); CString str_scroll; str_scroll.Format(_T(" x = %i y = %i "), GetScrollPosition().x, GetScrollPosition().y); pDC->DrawText(str_scroll, -1, &...

cannot see appointments/events on To Do Bar
When I schedule an appointment/event, it does not show on my to do bar. It is on the calendar but not on to do bar. What's going on? I'm using Outlook 7 Is it in your default calendar? (only the default calendar is shown on the to-do) Is it scheduled within 30 days? (only appointments within 30 days show) Is it an all day event? (All day events aren't on the To-do in outlook 2007) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dail...

Is it possible to put a word count in the status bar of Word 97 like in 2003?
I'm spoiled by using Word 2003 for the last 6 years. Is there any way to put a "live" word count in the status bar of Word 97 like it has by default in Word 2003 so I don't have to keep going through the menus? You certainly can with W2007 and W2010, but I seem to remember it was missing in W2003. But if you go to Tools, Word Count, the Word Count dialog appears. Click on Show Toolbar. The Word Count will display on the toolbar. But note that it is not dynamic and you need to press the Recount button to refresh it. If you search Google, you'll find that so...

Cell = Formula Bar
I have a worksheet where the actual number shows 123.456789 in the formula bar, but displays as 123.46 in the cell. I want the actual number in the formula bar to be 123.46. I really don't want to use a formula because in the past it has affected my merge documents. Any suggestions? One way is to use Tools / Options / Calculation / Precision as displayed Note though, that this setting is global and will affect all sheets, and once the data has been truncated it is gone -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /...

Outlook 2000
Sporadic problem - original email disappears once a reply has been sent. Disappears from inbox - and no sign of it in any of the other folders e.g. "deleted items", "drafts" etc. Only evidence that it existed is the reply in the "sent items". Happens sporadically, and with different email addresses. By this I mean it does not happen with all emails, and also does not occur repeatedly with the same email address. Using Outlook 2000, part of Office 2000 in Win 2000 Pro Environment. Not using Exchange. Any help appreciated! Alan <anonymous@discussions....

Scrolling sync subforms
Hi all I have a continuous subform which shows all claim details, that have Part(s) against them. The claims are a one to many with the Parts. I wanted to show a count on the form of parts against each claim. If I add a count to the recordsource query then I lose the ability to edit the data in the subform. I need to do this to add a Selector code if the user wants to mark the claim as a selection. Instead I have created another continuous subform, this has just the claim ref and the count of parts. Each form has the same sort order and a vertical scroll bar - is it possibl...

How do I get the formula bar in excel 2003
I have Excel 2003 on two PC's - on one I have the row between the toolbars and the worksheet which shows the formula currently being worked on "the formula bar" as it is called if I left click on it. On the other PC this row is not there so I have to edit all formulae and entries in the cell in the work sheet. How do I get the "formula bar" please > Try this: <Alt> <V> <F> OR <View> and then click on "FormulaBar". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all corre...

PAGES DISAPPEARED
I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't insert a page without losing the preceeding page. I'm not sure they're gone, but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen that contain the page numbers are gone. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007). Any ideas? You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs back. Look at the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msau...

scroll bar gone
hi have money 2005 premium and in my checkbook area where you pick the category the scroll bar is gone and it only shows me the categories that fit in that window. if i go into split and select the categories from within there the scroll bar is there. Does anyone see this problem or have a fix for it. Thanks, minnoce944 In that nobody else has M05, it would be hard to comment. "Mike I" <minnoce944@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u9aY7B1fEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi have money 2005 premium and in my checkbook area where you pick the > category the scroll b...

Scroll-me-down
Hi there, I am using RichEditCtrl and all the associated select, format, replace for adding text to the end of my rich edit box. However, I have yet to figure out a definative way of making it scroll down as far as needed (bottom of page if page length is greater than height), it sometimes works, if the cursor position is right at the very end of the text when the text is added programatically, but I need a way for when it is not. Could anyone give me any tips? - MR Mark Randall wrote: > Hi there, > > I am using RichEditCtrl and all the associated select, format, repla...

Excel 2000, Close, Maximise, Minimize buttons disappeared
The Close, Maximise, Minimize buttons disappeared. This happened on only one workbook. Other workbooks have no problem. How do I make them reappear ? Is this something to do with the fact that the original file was in Excel 4 format ? Thanks Ben Are you writing about the workbook's close, max, min buttons or the application's? If it's the workbooks, have you tried: Window|arrange|Tiled and then resize (maybe they're just off the visible screen) If it's the application, can you right click on the excel button on the windows taskbar and choose maximize? It, too, could ...

Graph with too many points
Hi all, I have a graph with a lot of points, so I wanted to create some kind of horizontal scroll bar so I would be able to use a better scale and move around my time line ? Has anyone of you done something like that ? thx -- giselle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ giselle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24222 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378389 Hi, Jon Peltier has written an article on the subject. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=...

How to enumerate system tray (task bar) icon and description?
Hi, My VC++ project need enumerate all system tray icon and description information. But I can't found some API function code or way to get these information. May you help us to solve this problem ? Any help is greatly appreciated, Scott >My VC++ project need enumerate all system tray icon and description >information. >But I can't found some API function code or way to get these information. Scott, See if this article is any help: http://www.codeproject.com/shell/ctrayiconposition.asp?df=100&forumid=14631&exp=0&select=1008602 Dave David, Thank yo...

Vertical Scroll Bar #2
Hi I was hoping someone could help me with this... sometimes when i have a lot of data running down my spreadsheet the vertical scroll bar block becomes very small to accomodate the amount of data i have. but then when i get rid of a lot of the data the length of the vertical scroll bar block stays very small despite me only having say 50 rows of data. what i would like to know is whether there is a way to make the vertical scroll bar block come back to bigger, so it's easier to grab than when it is very tiny??? Thanks Nick Nick Select the first blank row below your data, say...

SharePoint Scroll Bar
I'm quite new to SharePoint and I was wondering how to disable the Scroll Bar in a content query web part. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice JQuery and partial views in an ASP.NET MVC application http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a8081c04-776d-4322-b403-84508b0ae3b5/jquery-and-partial-views.aspx Try to overwrite it with CSS overflow:hidden Regards, Shady Khorshed - SharePoint MVP <Daniel Arnold> wrote in message news:201015121218daniel.arnold@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk... > I'm quite new to SharePoint and I was wond...

Excel sheet: scroll down, but leave first lines visible
Hi all Have to solve a problem fast: Excel sheet has in the first 4 lines text that i want to have visible at all times ( fix on top ) even when i scroll down on the sheet...... How can i do it. Thanks for your help either here in the NG or to: wette-2(at)ballonfahrer(dot)ch Hans Select the Row under the last one that you want to remain visible and the select Window > Freeze Panes If you want the first 4 line to also print on every page then select File > Page Setup > Sheet > Rows to Repeat at top enter 1:4 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and ...

Outlook 2003 shortcuts disappearing
I have several users who have lost their shortcuts in Outlook 2003. They have created shortcuts and groups, and they stay for a while (sometimes several months), but at some point when they start Outlook the shortcuts and groups are gone. I also have many other users who use shortcuts and haven't had the problem. I've set up some utilities to back up and restore the xml file that stores the shortcuts, but I'd really like to figure out why they are disappearing. Any ideas? ...

Scroll the screen view with the scroll bar
On some of my Excel sheets, the screen doesn't scroll along when I move the scroll bar. It just jumps to the new location when I stop moving the scroll bar. What is the correct setting to change so that the screen scrolls at the same time? Do you use different versions of excel? In earlier versions, when you moved the scrollbar, you saw a little yellow tooltip show you what row you were on. In newer versions, the screen moved. (I've forgotten the version that first added the live scrolling. Maybe someone can chime in with it.) avbs wrote: > > On some of my Excel sheet...

Can you reset size of bar in scroll bar?
When working in a large Excel worksheet, the size of the scroll bar diminishes to allow you to scroll through the entire sheet. After intentionally deleting a large portion of the worksheet, the bar size on the scroll bar remains the same. Is there a way to reset the size of the bar on the scrollbar? You have to delete the rows (not just clear the contents), and then, the easiest thing is to save the workbook. -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "vsholl" <vsholl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4CF4E91-D282-4FB4-85EC-A19C5343F18A@microsoft.com... > Whe...

Macro Message Bar
I have set macros to be automatically disabled with a notification but the message bar doesn't always come up. Does anyone know why this may happen and how I can fix it please? Hi, This is confusing, how are you 'automatically' disabling macros and if they are disabled how are you displaying a message. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "jen2018" wrote: > I have set macros to be automatically disabled with a n...

A97 ComboBox Scroll Limit Is Last Selected Record
Hi Folks - this is weird - heard about others having refresh problems with a combo but never experienced this until now. Combo is on a subform: Rowsource is a table that has 600 plus records, and a ControlSource in my main table. The combo appears to work fine, allowing the selection of the data from the look-up table and adding it to the ControlSource column of the main table. The challenge is that after the first selection from the combo (say row 20 of the 600 record table) it appears to thereafter limit its drop down range to that first record - that is the combo will display only 2...

Gdi+ (Mfc) & Scrolling
Gdi+ (Mfc) & Scrolling - any pointers to examples please I need to update an MFC project to use Gdi+. Can anyone point me to an example. My IDEAL example would be an undated non-ole version of Scribble which would use MFC GDI+ Scrolling Zooming :) Double Buffering :) :) :) But and other help and or hints even good C# !!! examples would be better than nothing. I tried working from the final (non-ole) Scribble example (VC6) but I could not get the GDI+ DC to display :( Sigh hence my request. Many Than...

Disabling form search and filter icon in navigation buttons bar?
I need to upgrade an Access 2000 .mdb database to run with an Access 2007 installation. This gives me access to a lot of new features. But some I would like to be without. In quite a few forms I display query results in one or more subforms presented in datasheet view. I have enabled the navigation buttons. This is mainly done because it gives an easy access to the total number of records in the query. And it also give easy access to last and first record In Access 2007 the bar in the bottom of a form in datasheet view now not only displays the navigation buttons with the record count...

menu bar butons
Can I make a custum toolbar button hyperlink to another program ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Depending on what you want to do, you could assign that button a macro that does: ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\readme.txt" If the extension is known to windows, then that associated program should start. or maybe you could use the Shell command. sunroyal wrote: > > Can I make a custum toolbar button hyperlink to another program? > ...