my toolbars in word doesn't show

Version: 2008

I have clicked customize toolbars and menus and reset it , but it still don't appear when i start to use MS word. It is quite troublesome that i need to click toolbar in View tab,and to reselect &quot;standard&quot; and select it again , so that it can appear. <br><br>The other office applications,like exel and ppt, don't have this problem.
0
htc_emma

Yeah, just about *any* program for Mac OS can present the same problem
thanks to a virtually unidentified "feature" from Apple... Click the
capsular button at the right end of a document window's Title Bar to turn
off the "Minimize the Drawer/Toolbars" setting � then don't click it again
unless you want to minimize the toolbars :-)

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/26/10 2:17 AM, in article 59bb37a8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"htc_emma@officeformac.com" <htc_emma@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 I have clicked customize toolbars and menus and reset it , but
> it still don't appear when i start to use MS word. It is quite troublesome
> that i need to click toolbar in View tab,and to reselect "standard" and select
> it again , so that it can appear.
>
> The other office applications,like exel and ppt, don't have this problem.

2
CyberTaz

Emails not showing up in Outlook but can be seen on Webmail
I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and Express its saying they have new email but none of these new emails are in their inboxes. so i told them to log into webmail, and they can see the emails there... all of these clients are using IMAP and could have very large inboxes.. what could be the problem here? why isnt outlook downloading the emails properly? Do they have LAN or WAN access? -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "beanfieldtech@gmail.com" wrote: > I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and E...

Toolbar Macros
I posted this in the Programming newsgroup, but was given a Macro solution to this problem. So let me post again here. I'm just looking for an explanation as to how this stuff works. ----------------------------- I'm so confused!!! Some history... I have a workbook that I created maybe eight years ago, that has some simple macros that are run ONLY from this workbook, and are accessed by clicking on Tools menu, where the macros are listed at the bottom of the normal list. This macros (and the items on the Tools menu) are ONLY available for this particular workbook. I have tried ...

Scanning E-mail for Certain words & changing the background
Hello, I have been asked to write a macro for Outlook that will scan an e-mail for select words such as Voluntary, Surrender, etc. and then change the background (highlight) those words found in an e-mail. I have used VBA in Excel and Access but not in Outlook. I looked through all 43 pages on the site and could not find a post to help. Probably looked right past several. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. thanks, -- rhutch In what version of Outlook? Highlight those words in an open message? In the reading pane? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micr...

Can't remove "Visual Basic" toolbar & cannot add toolbars thru cus
Hi, I Can't remove the "Visual Basic" toolbar which has positioned itself right in the centre of the screen; it can't be removed or moved I also cannot add toolbars through the customise menu. Thanks. ...

word 2007 windows7 pro
we are updating a cleints machine they had xp/word2007 with macros now i have installed win7pro/word2007 may i ask how do i copy the macros from one to the other please is it i simply copy the normal.dot across if so whats the location on the win7 box You will need to copy over the template in which the macros were stored. The location of the templates folder will be c:\users\[username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MV...

How do I show an event in a calendar that last several days?
Often we wish to include an item in a calendar made in Publisher that crosses several days (even an entire week). Is there a way to do this other than simply typing it into each of the days? I'd like to have a line that crosses the days with the event appearing on that line. Is that possible? The method I used with a fifteen month calendar on an 5�"x8�" booklet page is color code the background fill the days of an event and then create a legend at the base of the calendar. Using eight colors and in some individual dates replaced the number with letters or an icon. --...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

Randomize a column of words in Excel?
I am a relatively basic and new Excel user...I'm not very schooled in Macro-building or running or what have you! I've been given the task of randomizing a list of words. They are currently in one long column in Excel... Is there any way to do this without a Macro? And if not...can anyone calmly help me through the process? ANY HELP WOULD BE HELP OF THE HIGHEST REGARD! Thanks again. Peace and good vibes to you all. One way to do this, without VBA, would be to enter =RAND() in a column adjacent to your word list, copying down as far as you need to go. Then, sort the worksheet us...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...

Word text pastes as Adobe icon
This is a strange problem another user has reported to me (and which I now have to solve!). When they copy and paste text using Edit menu or Ctrl-C/V keyboard shortcuts from one Word doc to another, they get an Adobe icon pasted instead of the copied text. They can work around it by pasting from the Clipboard task pane instead. We have Word 2002 and Acrobat 8 installed - though this was also a problem when we had Acrobat 7. Any ideas? See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adobe_acrobat_toolbar.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Smallweed" wrote: ...

Opening Outlook notes in Word
I used to use my Palm software to crease "Memos." Now that I am synching my Treo with Outlook my memos are now "Notes." Problem is, now I can't view and edit my notes in MSWord. How can I convert an individual Outlook note into a Word document? It was simple with Palm: just drag it to the Word button. Please help! Copy and paste the the text into Word and then copy it back again when done editing. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &quo...

Drawing from Toolbar Crashes Excel 2008

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Customer Report that shows *all* activity
I'm looking for some kind of A/R - Customer History report that shows every little thing that has ever happened with that customers account. For example, we have a customer who's payment was received then adjusted out due to a bounced check. A second payment for the same amount was made a few days later - and inadvertently adjusted out for the original bounced check. The A/R detail report doesn't show this kind of detail. The account statement is more confusing than calculus to most folks - seriously, the statement is bad. Does anyone have a report that shows every singl...

Dynamic table showing monthly revenue
Hi, i have a question how to create a dynamic chart on a table that is growing each month. I want a chart that is showing the revenue of each category per month. An example table is given below. Date Position Category Price 05.03.2007 eggs food 2 26.03.2007 beer food 10 15.04.2007 nails utils 5 25.04.2007 oil food 1 30.04.2007 hammer utils 15 Thanks, Ren� ...

Size of toolbar buttons
Hello All How can I set the different size to different button of toolbar ( Exactly like Internet Explorer..The Width of Back and forward buttons is different ) What is style to be set of toolbat to achieve this? You probably want TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE to do this. Here is a complete example. You probably need to look only at LoadMenu part. It should give you what you want: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0199/c/c0199.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roland" <ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69c0226e.0410050313.f223e9@posting.google.com... > Hel...

Report Not Showing All Records
Dear All, I Have a Report that Shows all the records in a Table, at the moment the table hold 200 Records. but the report which is related to the table, is only displaying 32 pages, with the one record on the last page. the report is only showing 160 Records, What would cause the report to exclude the other 40 Records? Theres no filters set or anything. Any one got any suggestions? Regards Dan ...

Problem with adding toolbar items
I'm having an odd problem with the AddCommandToCmdBar function with GP 8.0 SP4 (haven't checked other versions). When I set the CloneCmd parameter to true, and create toolbar items for all users, it works fine. But when I set that parameter to false, it doesn't create toolbar items for any user, including the currently logged in one. When I check the toolbar item table in SQL (SY07125), I see that it added the items, but with a blank USERID. I have used the Login_GetInfo function to confirm that at the time we run our toolbar creation code, there is a logged in user. S...

Attachment inside word
Hello, How can I attach my excel spreadsheet inside MS word. So that when th user opens MS Word and icon appears containing my excel file. Is thi possible? please help, ThaNKS -- kkondrat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkondrat1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27213 Hi in Word use 'Inser - Object - From file'. Choose your Excel file and check 'Display as Icon' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany kkondrat1...

Adding a button to the toolbar
I'm using Visio 2003 and frequently use the Visio Add-on (through Visio Extras) for numbering my objects. Instead of clicking through 3 submenus, I wish to put the "number shapes" Extra on my toolbar for easy access. Thank you! ...

word 2003 files opening in word 2007 as read only
We have two computers at work that are still running word 2003 all the others are word 2007. When I create a file on one computer in word 2003 and try to open it in word 2007 it opens as read only. The original file is not open. I have tried updating to Office SP3, cleared the office registry options and everything else I can think of and have read about online. The computer in question has XP home and Norton 360 as antivirus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

don't show or print PP 207
I'm running PP 2007 on Win7 Ultimate. I'm aware of the option to show/hide a slide - are there any add-ons to set print/no-print in the same fashion? As I create PP presentations for my classes I may have sides that I don't want to print when creating handouts. I'm aware that I can selectively select slides to print at print time but this is so difficult when I have large presentations (100-1200 slides) and the presentations often change. As I create a presentation I may have a slide that I want to show but I do not want it in the handout. Example: slide 44 has s...

Macro/Word converting double-quote marks into angle quotation marks
Hi all, I've scripted a vba macro that opens html pages in txt format and adds the following line after <BODY> (through a search and replace): <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Output.css" /> The problem I'm having is that Word or the macro (don't really know) is converting the double-quote marks into angled quotation marks (ASCII 147 and 148), which makes the line above unreadable by the browser. I've tried using Chr(34): "<BODY><link rel=" & Chr(34) & "stylesheet" & ...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization #2
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After I customize my toolbar close excel and then reopen the default toolbar reappears and my customization is lost. Any one know how to solve it? Hagai ...