MS Word Window will not maximize

  • Follow

Version: 2008

I opened a word document earlier and it will not allow the window to be expanded more than one quarter of the screen.  I've tried to grab the corner and drag it out and nothing is working.  It appears to be locked (if that makes any sense).  Does anyone on here know how to fix this? <br><br>Thx.
0
Reply jpatrick76 5/13/2010 1:12:43 AM

I've found that clicking on the green '+' button in the upper left hand corner of a window does not appear to have the same effect as on a PC. On the PC, doing so causes that window to go to full screen. On the Mac, it appears to only increase the window to the biggest size it needs to be, but does not go 'full screen'. Maybe this can help. Hope it works for you!
0
Reply Marywest1984 5/13/2010 3:13:59 AM

Thanks.  I tried clicking the green button as well and the window remained the same size.
1
Reply jpatrick76 5/13/2010 3:18:29 AM

Click the green button again, then drag.  If the system things the window is
already maximised, it won't allow you to re-size.

On 13/05/10 1:18 PM, in article 59bb8658.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"jpatrick76@officeformac.com" <jpatrick76@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  I tried clicking the green button as well and the window remained the
> same size.

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
Reply John_McGhie_ 5/13/2010 5:14:26 AM

(page loaded in 0.04 seconds)