Missing File menu!

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I just ran an update on my Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac and I no longer have a file menu! <br>
go to the Commands page. Scroll to the bottom of the Commands list &amp; select <br>
Built-in Menus then from the Commands list drag File to its rightful place <br>
on the Word Menu Toolbar [which displays directly below the actual Menu whil <br>
in that dialog].<-- <br><br>Which I found within this Mactopia Forum. :( HELP!!
1
VeraSoliman

The next step is to find and delete the file Normal.dotm.  Unless you have
moved it, it should be in:
/Users/ ~ /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/

Then re-start the computer.

Whatever it was, that should fix it.

Cheers

On 14/03/10 9:57 AM, in article 59bb529b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"VeraSoliman@officeformac.com" <VeraSoliman@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I
> just ran an update on my Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac and I no longer have a
> file menu!
> I'VE ALREADY TRIED:
>
> -->First thing to try: In Tools> Customize> Customize Toolbars/Menus go to the
> Toolbars page, click the name of the Menu Bar then click the Reset button.
>
> If that doesn't correct it go on to phase #2: In the same Customize dialog
> go to the Commands page. Scroll to the bottom of the Commands list & select
> Built-in Menus then from the Commands list drag File to its rightful place
> on the Word Menu Toolbar [which displays directly below the actual Menu whil
> in that dialog].
>
> Which I found within this Mactopia Forum. :( HELP!!

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John
3/14/2010 12:39:05 AM
Thanks!!!! this solved my problem!!!! I REALLY hope it doesn't happen again!
0
VeraSoliman
3/14/2010 2:53:04 AM
It's unlikely to happen again.  It has never happened to most of us.  But
you know what to do about it now :-)

You carry out the same two steps, in the same sequence.  One or other of
them cures it every time.

There's a third step: deleting the prefs, which you can come back for if you
ever need it :-)

Cheers

On 14/03/10 1:53 PM, in article 59bb529b.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"VeraSoliman@officeformac.com" <VeraSoliman@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks!!!! this solved my problem!!!! I REALLY hope it doesn't happen again!

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

Have a file in OUTBOX that will not send out and can't DELETE.
Sent a jpg file it won't leave my OUTBOX nor can I delete it. Kay wrote: > Sent a jpg file it won't leave my OUTBOX nor can I delete it. Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder: - Load Outlook. - Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable). - Exit Outlook. - Load Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe"). - Delete the stuck item in the Outbox folder. If you don't want the item to move into the Deleted Items folder, use Shift+Del to permanently delete the item. - Put Outlook in online mode (File -> Work Offline: disab...

OWA and the PDF files
Hello, i can't open pdf files in attach from OWA. The system ask me to save the file to open it. Some users have this problem other not. Have you any ideas? thanks a lot Andrea By default freedocs (PDF files, etc.) are completely blocked in OWA. If you have ever dragged and dropped a document or a file directly into an Exchange folder (as opposed to attaching it to a message or post), you have used freedocs. Freedocs is the term given to stand-alone data in the information store. Because the dropped file is not an attachment of a message, it is considered a "free document"...

File Repository Server Input is down 11-26-04
When trying to run a report the following error is generated: Crystal Report Viewer File Repository Server Input is down restart of the services lets us run a report once before the error reappears, and the second attempt at a report gets the error. any ideas? ...

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Pauses during the printing of Publisher files
I frequently have occasion to print multiple copies of a single page from a Publisher file. Often these pages are quite complex in that they contain a great many text and high resolution picture objects. Despite this the printer seems to handle the task with no discernable pauses cranking out one identical sheet after another. But then with some other Publisher files that contain much less data/graphics per page I'll have the experience that after printing out the first page and a few lines on the next identical page the printer pauses for 15 seconds, then resumes finishing the sec...

Outlook 2003 not saving multiple messages as text files
This is weird: when I select several messages and Save (them) As: text files, the file in question only gets the headers, not the bodies: ex: select two messages then Save As text files: From: John Doe Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2003 09:24 To: Some (E-mail) Subject: Interesting From: Kate Bloggs Sent: Wednesday, 12 November 2003 08:31 To: Other (E-mail) Subject: See you on Monday Nothing else! Why would this very basic function change in Outlook 2003? Outlook 2002, 2000 and 97 save the messages perfectly! Outlook 2003 only saves one (full) text file per message; if I select two or more messa...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Retaining Deleted Files
I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP. When I logon as myself and delete a message from the Inbox it goes to deleted items and is held for one month. When my wife logs on as herself and deletes an item from the Inbox it immediately disappears and there is never anything in the Deleted Items folder. I have compared the settings for the two user profiles and can find no differences. Can anyone help? Larry On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:59:42 -0800, "Larry Geiter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP. When I logon as >mysel...

Missing Folders after Sync

Can OnPrint output be saved to a file?
Can OnPrint output (icluding fonts,rectangles,brushes...) be saved to a file? I am currently writing output in rtf file format for this purpose and it is more time consuming then producing a report via OnPrint. Thanks. How about using standard OnPrint code and mess with the Print to file option in the Print dialog box? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message news:%23m9f8B3GEHA.3940@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can OnPrint output (icludin...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

automatically updating cells in other files
An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. Is there anyway in which he can update the data by only keyboarding it into one file and have it automatically update the rest of files? Any help is appreciated. You can link cells by referencing them to a cell in another sheet or workbook. eg =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1 -- Ian -- "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3TdK25vFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. > Is there anyway in which he can update the ...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

I want to change a word file into a pdf file

Missing Message Text

Can I get a publisher file into word?
A friend did a flyer for me in publisher. I only have word 2003 is there any way for me to view this in word. We are a new small business and I may need publisher to do flyers, is there a way to get publisler online? Microsoft has a Publisher trial download. It would be much less expensive to buy it from another vender. Your friend can save the flyer as a PDF, there are free converters around. The friend can try to copy/paste to Word. You will lose the formatting for the most part. A lot depends on the complexity of the flyer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:/...

Generic callout.config.xml file
Hi, I'm a MS CRM newbie. In order to wire-up events(lets say post-create) we mention that event in the callout.config.xml and implement that in C#. It works fine for me. How can I write a generic event handler i.e. no matter what entity / event is triggered in CRM my C# code should be able to handle it. How do I accomplish this in MS CRM V 3.0. regards CRM NEWBIE Answered in the developer newsgroup. Please do not cross-post. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

WMP will not play WAV files.
I can not play any audio files with WAV extension, and receive the following error... "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click WEB HELP." Audios with MP3 extension play fine, and so do all video types. I have two other computers with the same configuration which play WAV files OK. My configuration is WIN-XP Pro, SP-3 WMP version 11.0.5721.5263 Thanks in advance. On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:25:01 -0800, GK <GK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I can not play any audio files with WAV extensio...

Publisher 2000 conversion to PDF file
I made up a business card in Publisher 2000 using a photo and some text. It looks great but when I try to convert it to a PDF file either by using in house with Docudesk or sending it out to Zamzar it comes back in a set up of 10 cards on a 8x11 page like I am going to print in on some Avery format. It must be a setting in my Publisher program but I do not know how to correct it. Please help What size are the cards? Four to a page? Are you using Acrobat? Are you changing the page settings in the print options? If you are trying to print four to a page, Print, Select the PDF printer...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

Adding an item to a popup menu in outlook's inbox using VBA
Hello all, On rightclicking on the mailitems in the outlook's inbox we can see a popup menu.i want to add a menu item to that popup menu using outlook VBA. Please do help me in this regard. Thanking you regards, Revathy.v ...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items