File being "used by another user"

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
Judith_Smith

To correct it, restart the computer.

If the indication is true (the file really is in use...) then some hidden
program still has it open (or the operating system thinks it has).

Hope this helps

On 26/03/10 3:10 AM, in article 59bb5f21.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Judith_Smith@officeformac.com" <Judith_Smith@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I created a file named Onebook several days ago. When I went to open it again,
> I got an error message that there was a problem with the text. Now when I to
> open it, I get a message that say it is in use by another user.
>
> I've tried to delete it, but I cannot because it is "in use."
>
> Anyone have a clue how this happened or how to correct it?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

File being "used by another user"

Transaction is being used by another user
HEllo again :) We have a purchasing manager that is no longer working for us starting tomorrow, last week i was given orders to remove access from GP and Q-Pulse, he was no longer in the building so i just killed his instance of Dynamics, He apparently had a PO open on his screen which now cannot be access and returns a "Transaction is being edited by another user" error message popup. He account has been deleted so i can log on as him and close the PO manually, and when i try and re-create the account it returns with "login already exists" Is there some command ...

Unable to use Office -- "this version is being used by another user"
I was having problems with Microsoft Office -- getting a message that someone else was using my serial number, and that I was exceeding the number of allowable installations with my version of Office. I'm not sure how this happened, but to be safe, I bought a new copy of office, emptied out the old installation in the trash, and reinstalled a brand new version with a new serial number/product key, etc. But I'm still getting the same message!! Even with the new installation, I can't open up Office. I'm thinking that when I erased the old version (by dumping the folder "...

This batch is being used by another user.
We use GP 6.0. When we try to post the batch we get a message box with a text: "This batch is being used by another user" Is there a sql table that holds the locks? How to resolve this problem? Andrew Its the sy00500 file in the company database. -- Jim "Andrew" wrote: > We use GP 6.0. When we try to post the batch we get a message box with a text: > > "This batch is being used by another user" > > Is there a sql table that holds the locks? How to resolve this problem? > > Andrew ...