Create list of tables and charts in addition to table of contents

  • Follow

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Is there a way to generate a separate table for tables and charts without including in the table of contents? <br><br>I would like to have a table of contents, a list of tables, and a list of charts at the beginning of my document.
0
Reply LakotaWin 4/2/2010 6:21:43 PM

Simplest option: Use the Insert> Caption feature to caption each table &
chart (you can create a custom label for charts or use 'Figures'). The same
Insert> Index & Tables feature used for creating a TOC is used to create the
others... Table of Figures & Table of Tables is a part of the same dialog.

See Word Help on the topics concerning captions, etc. If you have any
problem post back with details.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/2/10 2:21 PM, in article 59bb662a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"LakotaWin@officeformac.com" <LakotaWin@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to generate a separate table for tables and charts without
> including in the table of contents?
>
> I would like to have a table of contents, a list of tables, and a list of
> charts at the beginning of my document.

0
Reply CyberTaz 4/3/2010 12:08:37 AM

(page loaded in 0.001 seconds)