Why won't Toolbars and the formula bar show up or stay in my workbooks?

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
rjsphd

Click the little capsular button at the right end of a document's Title Bar
to turn off Apple's innocuous & undocumented "Minimize the Drawer" feature.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/28/10 12:31 PM, in article 59bb3988.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"rjsphd@officeformac.com" <rjsphd@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Every time I open a spreadsheet there are no menu bars. Under View>Toolbars,
> both Standard and Formatting are checkmarked, as are View>Formula Bar,
> View>Status bar.  If I uncheck and then recheck these choices, they appear for
> that workbook only. Next time I close/open workbook, they are gone again. What
> is this newby to MAC doing wrong?
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Rob

5
CyberTaz
2/28/2010 7:15:39 PM
Doah!!!!  Thank you Bob!
0
rjsphd

Formula
I'm in need of a formula in C1 that gives me the value of A1 divided into 60 if B1 is empty, however if B1 has a value (not zero) then C1=B1/60. THANKS. Hi, This also checks they aren't both empty =IF(COUNT(A1:B1)=0,"",IF(B1<>0,B1/60,A1/60)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Trainee" wrote: > I'm in need of a formula in C1 that gives me the value of A1 divided into > 60 if B1 is empty, howeve...

MIN function in array formula
Hello, I have created an array formula with a MAX array formula with 2 criteria, which works fine. However, when I change the function to MIN, I always get the result 0. this works fine: {max((a2:a20=1)*(b2:b20=2)*c2:c20)} result gives 75 But this one doesnt:: {min((a2:a20=1)*(b2:b20=2)*c2:c20)} result gives 0, but it should give 19 A B C 1 1 2 50 2 1 2 75 3 1 3 99 4 2 2 ...

formulas to change font
I am new to this - I would like to know how to change the font color conditional to a formula result. for example =if((A1<than 0,"font red", "font blue") I am familiar with some very simple formulas - but I would like to understand how to perform the above. Please don't laugh - but I would like to be directed to the right place to learn how to do it? Yonnie Yonnie, If you want to change font color in cell A1, first change the font color to blue. Type "0" (zero) in cell A1. Along the top of your excel you will see an A with a color under it. Typical...

Combine Workbooks as separate worksheets
I lose column widths and row heights when I copy unto a new worksheet. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have four separate workbooks that need to be combined into one workbook but on a separate worksheet. I am using Microsoft Office XP, Excel 2002. Thanks, SAL Hi Sal You can use copy pastespecial (column width) line for the columns But there is no option for rows. If all the rows have the same row height then it is easy to do also. See also http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm If you need help with the pastespecial code line post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebru...

Toolbar Macros
I posted this in the Programming newsgroup, but was given a Macro solution to this problem. So let me post again here. I'm just looking for an explanation as to how this stuff works. ----------------------------- I'm so confused!!! Some history... I have a workbook that I created maybe eight years ago, that has some simple macros that are run ONLY from this workbook, and are accessed by clicking on Tools menu, where the macros are listed at the bottom of the normal list. This macros (and the items on the Tools menu) are ONLY available for this particular workbook. I have tried ...

Help with formula #7
The answer to this is most likely extremely simple, for which I apologize. I have 10 columns, each representing an inventory item. Each row represents a name and the qty ordered per item . The number of names rarely changes. A single row at the bottom of each inventory column contains the price of the inventory item. I want to add a Column at the end of each line which calculates the total valueof their order. =SUM(B2*B195)+C2*C195+D2*D195...) =SUM(B3*B195)+C3*C195+D3*D195...) etc. However, when I copy the formula it does not retain the row number "195" containing the pri...

Missing CRM Task Bar
We recently performed a 3.0 roll-out and on a few of the machines the CRM Task Bar is not appearing when compossing an email? Any ideas? -- Thank you for the help!! Richard Page MSc. What other add-ins do they have installed in Outlook? If you look at HELP/ABOUT in outlook is anything disabled? -- Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM President, The Norwich Group Principal, GlobalBrain LLC The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, O...

Can't remove "Visual Basic" toolbar & cannot add toolbars thru cus
Hi, I Can't remove the "Visual Basic" toolbar which has positioned itself right in the centre of the screen; it can't be removed or moved I also cannot add toolbars through the customise menu. Thanks. ...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

Index formula
I am trying to build a index for lack of a better name. I would like to build a list several of the itmes "cells" at the beginning of a spreadsheet . When these items "cells" are double clicked, it would take you to the corresponding cell on the spreadsheet. The index cell would have the exact same information as the cell it would be looking for. I am continually adding rows to this spreadsheet so the row # would change as added. This may not be possible, but I have seen you guys do amazing things with excel on here. Thanks and keep up the great work!!!!!!!! John ...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...

Help with a formula a second grader could probably write!
Hey everyone. I have a really dumb question but I am just not good at this Excel thing. Haha. I am trying to create a spreadsheet that will allow me to have a column of sequential numbers next to a column of names which in turn is next to column of dollar amounts. These columns are 10 rows deep (?) and are within the spreadsheet whereas the related information is in cell A1:c10 with completely different information beginning in cells A11. None of the cells are linked at the moment because I am an amateur. The dollar amounts can be changed just by, uh... , changing them, but the number an...

Tool Bar won't stay open
The tool bar won't stay open and I have to click on it everytime I want to do something. It used to stay open and then I did something to it and I don't know how to get it back! Please help! :-) Assuming you're using PPT 2007, double-click one of the tabs. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Linda Lou" <LindaLou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Lookup formula #6
Can I do 'n Vlookup and then Hlookup in one formula? A B C 1 North South 2 Oil 1.00 2.00 3 Gas 3.00 4.00 4 5 6 7 Gas 8 North 'Answer in Cell A9 below: 9 3.00 <<< Contains formula =INDEX(B2:C3,MATCH(A7,A2:A3,0),MATCH(A8,B1:C1,0)) "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16a101c536bf$1d735bc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can I do 'n Vlookup and then Hlookup in one formula? ...

how to add erro bars for each bar, rather than the whle series
I want to have error bars added to each bar, based on that bar's standard error. The only think that I can find excel letting me to do is add some number to all bars of a series. is there a way to add calculated error bars for each individual bar in a graph? Thansk Error bars: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html The trick is to calculate the values in a worksheet range parallel to the series values, then use these calculations as the source for your custom error bar values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier...

odd scroll bar behaviour in access, keeps returning to top
hi i have a user here, using ms office 2003, and he has noticed that when scrolling through ms access or excel, that often the vertical scroll bar he is using will return to the top position. this is the same for excel. its a bit of an issue, as he would be clicking through databases with thousands of rows of data, and it keeps retuning to the top of the row. i did notice that a program called ifinger kept popping up as this was happening. but i could not find info on the web linking this product with the issue he is having. if any one has any suggestions, id appreaciate it. Regards ...

Drawing from Toolbar Crashes Excel 2008

Shorten Formula
Can someone help me shorten this formula? I'm not sure if the mathamatics can be shortened by altering the formula or using a different formula to figure out the problem, but the path name makes it exceed the max amount of charachters. Changing the linking files path location is not an option. I know I can achieve it by putting different formulas in a couple of seperate cell's but I'm trying to get the final result by only using one cell, I know the path name can be shortened by using '[pn] instead, but the name of the spreadsheet changes every month, so I can't easily find...

Polynimial trandline formula
Hi All........... I'm not much into higher math, or charting myself, but one of my users has drawn a Scatter Chart and added a third order polynomial trendline to try to pick up the missing value on the high end of his data...........Excel draws the trendline on the chart just fine, but does not give a tickmark for the corresponding value in question, rather gives just a formula in a Label-box which when calculated by hand will give the desired value...........problem is, my user wants Excel to calculate the value for him.........I have managed this by Cntrl-C copying the formula out of t...

In Excel 2002 highlighted cells show when printed, not on screen though.
I cannot get Excel 2002 to show patterns or colors on the screen. They print correctly on the printer. I have checked options, and see nothing that seems relevant...HELP! OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320531 Read this KB -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Borcherding" <slborcherding@juno.com> wrote in message news:592201c376f8$572f4af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot get Excel 2002 to show patterns or colors on the > screen. They print...

Wildcard Character in an Array Formula
Does anybody know how to write an array formula that includes a wildcar character such as ? or * I'm using a simple SUM(IF) array. =SUM(IF((C6:C25="*Wiscons*"),E6:E25,0)) Ctrl+Shift+Ente -- Scorpvi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Scorpvin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2767 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47213 Scorpvin, try the following: =SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Wiscons", C6:C25)), E6:E25, 0)) as array formula of course. HTH Kostis Vezerides ...

Dynamic table showing monthly revenue
Hi, i have a question how to create a dynamic chart on a table that is growing each month. I want a chart that is showing the revenue of each category per month. An example table is given below. Date Position Category Price 05.03.2007 eggs food 2 26.03.2007 beer food 10 15.04.2007 nails utils 5 25.04.2007 oil food 1 30.04.2007 hammer utils 15 Thanks, Ren´┐Ż ...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Customer Report that shows *all* activity
I'm looking for some kind of A/R - Customer History report that shows every little thing that has ever happened with that customers account. For example, we have a customer who's payment was received then adjusted out due to a bounced check. A second payment for the same amount was made a few days later - and inadvertently adjusted out for the original bounced check. The A/R detail report doesn't show this kind of detail. The account statement is more confusing than calculus to most folks - seriously, the statement is bad. Does anyone have a report that shows every singl...