How to stop Excel from rounding up

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Can someone help me figure out how to stop excel from rounding up the numbers I enter into the cells?
0
Ulalume

You need to format the cells to show sufficient numbers of Decimal places.

Select the cells, then choose Format>Cell>Number... And choose the number of
decimal places you want to see.

Cheers

On 13/03/10 5:18 AM, in article 59bb5164.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Ulalume@officeformac.com" <Ulalume@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can
> someone help me figure out how to stop excel from rounding up the numbers I
> enter into the cells?

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John
3/13/2010 1:39:53 AM
Another possibility...

Check Excel> Preferences> Edit to make sure you don't have the box checked
for "Display this number of decimal places". It will have a similar effect
on the appearance but actually affects the values.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/12/10 1:18 PM, in article 59bb5164.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Ulalume@officeformac.com" <Ulalume@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can
> someone help me figure out how to stop excel from rounding up the numbers I
> enter into the cells?

0
CyberTaz
3/13/2010 2:43:30 AM
In article <C7C06602.592AE%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net>,
 CyberTaz <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Another possibility...
>
> Check Excel> Preferences> Edit to make sure you don't have the box checked
> for "Display this number of decimal places". It will have a similar effect
> on the appearance but actually affects the values.
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 3/12/10 1:18 PM, in article 59bb5164.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "Ulalume@officeformac.com" <Ulalume@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can
> > someone help me figure out how to stop excel from rounding up the numbers I
> > enter into the cells?

That won't stop rounding.  It will just change the number of significant
digits.  You need to take the integer value INT().
0
Robert

How do you remove the outside border on a chart in Excel 2007?
I have created several charts and an outside border appears on the page. I want to remove that border. ...

Excel Files on the Web
Hi, I'm looking at setting up all our excel reporting on my company intranet. We have numerous excel based reports that we currently have on our server that we email out to users. However, we have a diverse user group who reside in many different locations. I'm just looking at any basic advice or software on how this can be achieved. Thanks. ...

new to excel...
Hi all, I am a programmer but have not used excel in a long time... I am considering myself a new user, and I just exported a couple of sql server tables into excel spreadsheets that I need to compile into a report. The data is basically a product of a survey from which I need to do summaries and charts. The first question is : Is there a way to summarize using conditionals? That is, while the summary is being done, to have counters for different values? The nex is to what is the easiest way to produce a frequency chart from value results in a column. Thanks, and have a wonderful day. ...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

stops responding

suppress decimal point combine print word and excel
When I use word to combine print (office 2002). some excel numberic value is long than I expect, I want to suppress decimal point only two digital . for example 20.22233222424 trans to 20.22 how can I do ? scwu@dfjh.tpc.edu.tw Hi in Word you can apply a format to imported fields or round your data in the Excel file with ROUND -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany thomas wrote: > When I use word to combine print (office 2002). > some excel numberic value is long than I expect, I want to suppress > decimal point only two digital . > for example 20.22233222424 trans to 20....

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

QuickBooks export to Excel
Suddenly, my QuickBooks program no longer allows me to export to Excel. Worked fine a week ago. I can log onto QB from every other pc in the office, and export to Excel works. Any ideas? Since you are exporting from QB I would start at that end. What trouble-shooting have you done? What message do you get when you try an export from QB? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:41:02 -0700, SecurityGuy <SecurityGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Suddenly, my QuickBooks program no longer allows me to export to Excel. >Worked fine a week ago. I...

Excel opens with an error report whenever I Boot Up my computer
A couple of days ago, I noticed that whenever I boot up my computer, an error report comes up indicating that Excel needs to close because of error. I unistalled office and the message wnet away. But when I reinstalled Office, the message came right back. Thoughts? ...

Incorrect date in line chart in Excel.
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data placement starts at about 6,000 (for both 24 “F” calls and 649 “M” calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). I've tried to change the scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out of 5 times) my data then goes off the chart. So I've looked at m...

Pivot Table - wont refresh
I've not experienced this problem in Excel 2000, but after upgrading to Excel 2003, there's an odd problem. Has anyone experience something similar - User error or bug? The problem: 1. Create pivot table with pivot table 'pages'. 2. The page selection list includes a listing that is not in the raw data. Refreshing the pivot table wont reset. It is possible to ascertain from the list order, which data item is being incorrectly shown. 3. In the raw data, replace the name of the incorrectly displayed data item with something else (eg 'ABC') 4. refresh the pivot tab...

recipient policy stopped working

European Version of Excel different from North American?
Hi, I have a user who has received a spreadsheet from Ireland, and it contains formulas that I haven't seen before. Either the formulas are wrong or they are able to use different forumulas out there (we are located in Canada). For example: ='PV ORIGINAL'!D19 Any suggestions? Hi In this particular case this is not a formula but a simple reference to a cell D19 from another worksheet named PV ORIGINAL in the same workbook. HTH Cordially Pascal "ryandelage" <ryandelage@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:BEC41365-BC74-42E5-967A-EBCFB1F027...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

Where is the international option in Excel 2010?
Can someone help me to find the international option in Excel 2010? In the older version of Excel it was under the tools/options/ international tab. I'm having a terrible time finding it in Excel 2010 :o thanks for you help, ~Tom ...

converting pdf to excel #2
does anyone know how to convert pdf into excel without cheating and paying for a converter. I know it can be done i just havent figured it out yet Hi without a converter it is down to manual copy, paste and adjusting the format. Keep in mind that a PDF file was originally meant to be the LAST stage in a document creating process! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO BEFORE...converting pdf to excel wrote: > does anyone know how to convert pdf into excel without > cheating and paying for a converter. I know it can be done > i just havent figured it out ...

Is there a "replace" or "substitute" command in Excel's VB?
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a quick question. Is there a command something like "substitute" or "replace"? I basically want a command that will replace all instances of a particular character with another character... For example, I'd like to remove all the spaces from the string "hello there world" to make it "hellothereworld". Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks tanast, try =SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","") regards, JohnI <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fd02534.23059477@news.clari.net.au.....

Excel 2007
Hi all - first post to this ng I've just had my first play with Excel 2007 and (while I appreciate things move on) I don't like the new ribbon interface. In particular it's irritating me that (having been an Excel user since 1994) I consider myself something of an expert - yet this new interface is actually slowing me down. I've heard (can't remember where now) that there's a way to put the old interface back (but you need to buy some 3rd party software to do this). Is this true? Is this the only way to do it? I just wondered if there was an update which inc...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Converting Quatro Pro 5.0 file to Excell
Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to preserve and use my quatro pro files in excell. Thanks. try the excel newsgroup... >-----Original Message----- >Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to >preserve and use my quatro pro files in excell. Thanks. >. > ...

MS Excel 2003 automating new worksheet & transfer balances
Hi, Im a fairly basic Excel user and need help from the experts! I have just converted a manual daily cash sheet form to an excel spreadsheet. I want/need to automatically generate each new days cash sheet and have it transfer the balances (bank balance & cash on hand) from the previous day. At this time we are copying the original cash sheet template to be used for the current days receipts and manually entering those running balances from the previous day. Is there a way to automate this process so the balances are transferred when each new worksheet is created? Much appreciated! ...

Excel data to SQL database
I have an excel application that estimates a price for our product. want to be able to transfer that quote to our business software syste (which uses SQL Server) by the click of a button _on_the_spreadsheet_ The software system has a quote module which utilizes two tables;QTMAS and QTITEM. Creating the quote would be a two step process. 1st step Create the Quote Master record from within the system. This would giv me a quote number. And Step 2: import the Quote item details from th spreadsheet via a click of the button into QTITEM. How can this be done via VBA -- Kevla --------------------...