How to stop Excel from rounding up

  • Follow

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Can someone help me figure out how to stop excel from rounding up the numbers I enter into the cells?
0
Reply Ulalume 3/12/2010 6:18:05 PM

You need to format the cells to show sufficient numbers of Decimal places.

Select the cells, then choose Format>Cell>Number... And choose the number of
decimal places you want to see.

Cheers

On 13/03/10 5:18 AM, in article 59bb5164.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Ulalume@officeformac.com" <Ulalume@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can
> someone help me figure out how to stop excel from rounding up the numbers I
> enter into the cells?

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
Reply John 3/13/2010 1:39:53 AM

Another possibility...

Check Excel> Preferences> Edit to make sure you don't have the box checked
for "Display this number of decimal places". It will have a similar effect
on the appearance but actually affects the values.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/12/10 1:18 PM, in article 59bb5164.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Ulalume@officeformac.com" <Ulalume@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can
> someone help me figure out how to stop excel from rounding up the numbers I
> enter into the cells?

0
Reply CyberTaz 3/13/2010 2:43:30 AM

In article <C7C06602.592AE%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net>,
 CyberTaz <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Another possibility...
>
> Check Excel> Preferences> Edit to make sure you don't have the box checked
> for "Display this number of decimal places". It will have a similar effect
> on the appearance but actually affects the values.
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 3/12/10 1:18 PM, in article 59bb5164.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "Ulalume@officeformac.com" <Ulalume@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can
> > someone help me figure out how to stop excel from rounding up the numbers I
> > enter into the cells?

That won't stop rounding.  It will just change the number of significant
digits.  You need to take the integer value INT().
0
Reply Robert 3/13/2010 9:00:52 PM

(page loaded in 0.056 seconds)