Conditional formatting by number of characters in cell

  • Follow

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
Reply drfrot 5/24/2010 10:48:40 AM

> I'm entering text into a cell and I simply want the colour of that text to change to red when I exceed 255 characters. <br>
> How do I do this? Using &quot;Cell Value Is&quot;, or &quot;Formula Is&quot;? <br>
0
Reply drfrot 5/24/2010 12:14:59 PM

Well done!  You had me thinking there for a minute :-)

On 24/05/10 10:14 PM, in article 59bb8e86.0@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"drfrot@officeformac.com" <drfrot@officeformac.com> wrote:

>> I'm entering text into a cell and I simply want the colour of that text to
>> change to red when I exceed 255 characters.
>>
>> How do I do this? Using "Cell Value Is", or "Formula Is"?
>>

> After a lot of trial and error... to answer my own question, it should be
> conditioned as "Formula Is", with the formula:
> =LEN(A1)>255
>
> Job done!
>
> :�)

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

Reply John_McGhie_ 5/26/2010 10:45:20 AM

(page loaded in 0.034 seconds)