Changing columns to rows

  • Follow

Version: 2008

I can't find any instructions for formatting rows to columns for the Mac 2008 version.  When I searched help for the same instructions for my PC version on my work computer, they were straightforward and easy to execute.  How do you switch columns to rows and vice versa in the Mac 2008 verson of Excel?  I'm running a Mac Mini.
0
Reply maseevel 4/5/2010 4:55:16 AM

There's no question that the Help in Office 2008 leaves a lot to be desired,
but what you're asking about works no differently in the Mac version. One
option is to use the Transpose() function, although I get the impression
that you're looking for the Transpose option in Paste Special. In that case;

Select & copy the data you want to transpose,

Select the cell you want the transposed data to start in,

Go to Edit> Paste Special, tick the Transpose checkbox, then click OK.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/5/10 12:55 AM, in article 59bb67ae.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"maseevel@officeformac.com" <maseevel@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I can't find any
> instructions for formatting rows to columns for the Mac 2008 version.  When I
> searched help for the same instructions for my PC version on my work computer,
> they were straightforward and easy to execute.  How do you switch columns to
> rows and vice versa in the Mac 2008 verson of Excel?  I'm running a Mac Mini.

0
Reply CyberTaz 4/5/2010 10:42:38 AM

high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com
-1
Reply Utf 4/5/2010 9:09:11 PM

[...]

Reply Utf 4/5/2010 9:10:39 PM

I have MicroSoft Excel 2008, Version 12.2.4 <br>
and am trying to convert columns to rows.  Paste Special in my version (under Edit in the drop down menu) allows only two options:  <br>
paste:   <br>
Unicode text <br>
Text <br><br>There is no Transpose option.
0
Reply Moto 4/12/2010 2:43:34 PM

Paste Special offerings vary depending on what was copied & from where the
copying was done. If you get that flavor of the options it most likely means
that what you have copied is not Excel content.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/12/10 10:43 AM, in article 59bb67ae.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Moto@officeformac.com" <Moto@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have MicroSoft Excel 2008, Version 12.2.4
> and am trying to convert columns to rows.  Paste Special in my version (under
> Edit in the drop down menu) allows only two options:
> paste:
> Unicode text
> Text
>
> There is no Transpose option.

0
Reply CyberTaz 4/12/2010 10:59:01 PM

That means that what you copied is a string of text.  It is not Excel
"cells".  Excel can't transpose anything that is not already a column of
cells.

On 13/04/10 12:43 AM, in article 59bb67ae.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Moto@officeformac.com" <Moto@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have MicroSoft Excel 2008, Version 12.2.4
> and am trying to convert columns to rows.  Paste Special in my version (under
> Edit in the drop down menu) allows only two options:
> paste:
> Unicode text
> Text
>
> There is no Transpose option.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

Reply John 4/13/2010 12:29:46 AM

I have the same issue.  Transpose is not an option and the information I am trying to transpose is in the same spreadsheet so it is in the correct format.  Any other options?
0
Reply Russell_Evans 4/26/2010 10:02:48 PM

If "Transpose" is not an option on Paste Special, then what you have copied
was not either a row or a column.

On 27/04/10 8:02 AM, in article 59bb67ae.4@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Russell_Evans@officeformac.com" <Russell_Evans@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have the same issue.  Transpose is not an option and the information I am
> trying to transpose is in the same spreadsheet so it is in the correct format.
> Any other options?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

Reply John 4/27/2010 7:35:14 AM

(page loaded in 0.095 seconds)