Changing columns to rows

Version: 2008

I can't find any instructions for formatting rows to columns for the Mac 2008 version.  When I searched help for the same instructions for my PC version on my work computer, they were straightforward and easy to execute.  How do you switch columns to rows and vice versa in the Mac 2008 verson of Excel?  I'm running a Mac Mini.
0
maseevel

There's no question that the Help in Office 2008 leaves a lot to be desired,
but what you're asking about works no differently in the Mac version. One
option is to use the Transpose() function, although I get the impression
that you're looking for the Transpose option in Paste Special. In that case;

Select & copy the data you want to transpose,

Select the cell you want the transposed data to start in,

Go to Edit> Paste Special, tick the Transpose checkbox, then click OK.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/5/10 12:55 AM, in article 59bb67ae.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"maseevel@officeformac.com" <maseevel@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I can't find any
> instructions for formatting rows to columns for the Mac 2008 version.  When I
> searched help for the same instructions for my PC version on my work computer,
> they were straightforward and easy to execute.  How do you switch columns to
> rows and vice versa in the Mac 2008 verson of Excel?  I'm running a Mac Mini.

0
CyberTaz
4/5/2010 10:42:38 AM
high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com
-1
[...]

I have MicroSoft Excel 2008, Version 12.2.4 <br>
and am trying to convert columns to rows.  Paste Special in my version (under Edit in the drop down menu) allows only two options:  <br>
paste:   <br>
Unicode text <br>
Text <br><br>There is no Transpose option.
0
Moto
4/12/2010 2:43:34 PM
Paste Special offerings vary depending on what was copied & from where the
copying was done. If you get that flavor of the options it most likely means
that what you have copied is not Excel content.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/12/10 10:43 AM, in article 59bb67ae.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Moto@officeformac.com" <Moto@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have MicroSoft Excel 2008, Version 12.2.4
> and am trying to convert columns to rows.  Paste Special in my version (under
> Edit in the drop down menu) allows only two options:
> paste:
> Unicode text
> Text
>
> There is no Transpose option.

0
CyberTaz
4/12/2010 10:59:01 PM
That means that what you copied is a string of text.  It is not Excel
"cells".  Excel can't transpose anything that is not already a column of
cells.

On 13/04/10 12:43 AM, in article 59bb67ae.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Moto@officeformac.com" <Moto@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have MicroSoft Excel 2008, Version 12.2.4
> and am trying to convert columns to rows.  Paste Special in my version (under
> Edit in the drop down menu) allows only two options:
> paste:
> Unicode text
> Text
>
> There is no Transpose option.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John
4/13/2010 12:29:46 AM
I have the same issue.  Transpose is not an option and the information I am trying to transpose is in the same spreadsheet so it is in the correct format.  Any other options?
0
Russell_Evans
4/26/2010 10:02:48 PM
If "Transpose" is not an option on Paste Special, then what you have copied
was not either a row or a column.

On 27/04/10 8:02 AM, in article 59bb67ae.4@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Russell_Evans@officeformac.com" <Russell_Evans@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have the same issue.  Transpose is not an option and the information I am
> trying to transpose is in the same spreadsheet so it is in the correct format.
> Any other options?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

normalizing a column of numbers
How do you normalize a column of numbers using a chart? I know how to do a chart but not how to interpret it for normalizing Mason, Use a helper column where you normalize your numbers using an appropriate formula prior to charting, and then chart that column with your normalizing formulas. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "mason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81F1FB07-419B-4E41-87D3-25DB75E1EEDC@microsoft.com... > How do you normalize a column of numbers using a chart? I know how to do a chart but not how to interpret it for normalizing. > &...

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row, how to?
How to sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row? hi, i don't know if i understand your question correctly, =Sum(A1:A10) -- isabelle Le 2012-02-15 01:25, marsup a �crit : > How to sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row? On Feb 17, 11:30=A0am, isabelle <i...@v.org> wrote: > hi, > > i don't know if i understand your question correctly, > > =3DSum(A1:A10) > > -- > isabelle > > Le 2012-02-15 01:25,marsupa =E9crit : > > > > > > > > > How to sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row? Thanks Isabelle, I a...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Hidden rows unhide themselves when formulas are written
I have a worksheet with many hidden rows & columns. However, when I try to write a formula in this worksheet, these hidden rows & columns automatically unhide themselves. Is there any way to disable this? ...

more on VBA function name change

Combine variable number of columns
I have a single spreadsheet with a list of clients, addresses and their product interests. This table will be used to drive a Mailmerge document. In the document, I want to be able to refer to the products in which they indicated an interest. The problem is that while one client may have identified only one product (one column) others have selected anywhere from two to 170 products - each product is in a separate column. I can join two columns with "&", but when I have an inconsistent number of columns how do I do this efficiently? - I will have to do it for each client, e...

How to change icon for my application

How to MATCH value up a column
I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Hi I don't know what you are looking for, but see: MATCH(A2,A1:F1,0) or VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "DevourU" wrote: > I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Thankx for the reply. Here is my formula:=IF(A11>A10,C10,(IF(A11=A10,A10,"?"))). I need to have IF(A11<A10, search up column A for 1st match, example A4, display next column B4. Clear as mu...

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to copy a column of values into another column where the cells are merged
Hi, I have a sheet with a column that lists some values. I also have a second sheet that has a column where the cells are merged every 4 rows. I need to copy the values of the first sheet into the merged cells, but when I do, I only see every fourth value on the merged cells. Is there a formula or any other way that I can use to be able to copy all the values from the first sheet into the second sheet each value on a different group of merged cells? Thanks! Assume you have values in A1:A5 of Sheet1 that you want to copy into Sheet2, where A1:A4, A5:A8, A9;A12 etc are merged. Put this formul...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

More than 256 columns? #2
How do I get 1050 columns into Excel? Alternatively, which other tool can I use for this that is not too expensive? You don't. Excel is limited to 256 colums. Two alternatives: 1) Swing your table around, make the colum headings the row headings.... not a good suggestion at all though. 2) Get your data into Access... I guess you already have it. Then run your data analysis in Excel straight from the Access database.... much better. "65538" <65538@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C41D68C-CF17-4E48-90E4-9358FEF39967@microsoft.com... > How do I ge...

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2