Is there a way to recall, or retrieve a message I sent out?

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

I mistakenly sent an e-mail message to the wrong recipient.  Is there a way to recall the message before it is read, as I have heard there is in some versions of Outlook?
0
nmvvr

0
Jeff_Chapman

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Money Error Message
I have been receiving an Error Message "Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of the Money Auto-Saved Report" report is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you should delete it from your list of favorites and recreate it to avoid unreliable information." I've had this message come up over several months when entering transactions in Money 2004 and Money 2005. Anyone know how to fix this problem? BTW, I don't have any reports. Gary In microsoft.public.money, Gman wrote: >I have been receiving an Error Message "D...

Open Hyperlink without Confirmation Message?
Excel 2003 insists on opening a "Microsoft Office" message box whenever a hyperlink that opens an external file (.mpg in this case) is clicked: "Opening xxxx.... some files can contain blah blah blah. Would you like to open this file?" Does anyone know how to get a worksheet's hyperlinks to open with a single click and skip this *annoying* (but oh so safe) message? Changing security levels under Macro settings does not do the trick. xl2003??? If yes, then Jim Rech posted this: http://google.co.uk/groups?threadm=ea%23IfqLoDHA.3700%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Curtis Phi...

Right mouse click on highlighted message not working
Hi, When I highlight a message in Outlook 2003 I could use the right mouse click to move the message around. A little menu used to pop up. This function is no longer working which is not helpful. Anybody got any ideas? Arend I am having the same problem. Any ideas? "Arend Jan van der Marel" wrote: > Hi, When I highlight a message in Outlook 2003 I could use the right mouse > click to move the message around. A little menu used to pop up. This > function is no longer working which is not helpful. Anybody got any ideas? > Arend > > > I am also h...

Viewing forms content when receiving message
I am trying to setup a message form and I have gone through and created the form but when I send it out, the only data that the receiver views is the message text, none of the info entered into the form fields is there. I am obviously missing something. I would greatly appreciate any guidance. Cheers! ...

Error message #14
In my last post I didn't say what the exact error message was, sorry. When opening a template, the query cannot generate the information and we receive this error message: Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager Data source name not found and no default driver specified. The computers that it does work on do not have any different ODBC drivers. It only connects to an Access Database on our server. Thanks, Trish ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

Messages with Autopreview
I have a problem w/ my OL2000; I cannot see the messages w/ autopreview even though it is set for that option. I logged in as administrator w/ an administrator account and it worked fine. I have 3 new emails in my infbox that I cannot see. It shows in my folder list this Inbox (3) but in my views there are no new ones. Also, when I scroll in the view area, I get a operation failed error. Help!!!!!!!!!!!! John Graves jgraves@skodie.com I also have another workstation w/ OL2K and this person's outlook will only open to the folder list. When you click on the inbox folder, it tel...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Lost my Sent items folder
I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by creating a series of personal folders to organize and store them. So far so good. Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my deleted items folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied ..DOH!! Now I do not have a sent items floder, it vanished. My e-mail is going out OK but the mail shows it is staying in the outbox folder.This is all new to me, and I sincerely do not believe I messed with these folders (other than emptiying deleted items) I am running XP and Office 2003, and it is a corporate machine. ...

Server message/Client Messages
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange server on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? ...

SaveAs wk3 file type error message
I'm trying to convert an Excel worksheet to a Lotus 123, wk3, file format. I've had to use Excel 2003 as Excel 2007 no longer appears to offer the Lotus 123 file formats. When I do the SaveAs command in Excel 2003 an error is generated saying "You are attempting to save a file type that is blocked by your registry policy setting." Does anyone know a workaround for this issue? Ken Error message when you try to save a file in Excel 2007 or in Excel 2003: "You are attempting to save a file that is blocked by your registry policy setting" http://s...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

Wrong date of sent messages imported in Outlook2003 from OE6
Hi all, I've just installed office 2003 and I would use outlook 2003 for email instead of OE6. Finalizing the installation phase, outlook imported all email accounts, address book and email messages from OE. My problem is that the date of all sent messages was set to the date of the import (today) instead of the original one. The date of all received messages has been correctly imported. Anybody knows how can I fix this? many thanks Max It is a result of importing - importing will always lose the received date, along with other items if importing an Outlook.pst file. --� Milly Stapl...

Is there a way
G'Day, Is there a way to turn off NDR's in Ex5.5 SP4 on an NT server running SP6a ? Also, can the ability for the server to receive TELNET connections be turned off? My server isn't an open relay, but, I know it's being used to SPAM using DNR's and I can see TELNET connections in the log files.... Thank You, Admin_In_Syd i know that u can turn off the ndrs to be sent from exchange at the standard poliy setting, thats how i configured it at exchange 2000 .... there must be also a setting at exch 5.5, actually i dont remeber it .... "Steve@Home" <sprob@...

Outlook 2000 sending messages/emails
When I send an email, it goes to my outbox in outlook 2000. I then have to resend it a couple times. Are there setting I have to change to the email automatically sends? Thanks Dave ...

VB6 Code 1/2 way finished......any suggestions
Have a issue with a VB6 program, had someone write some code, he got 1/2 way thru and decided to work on other projects and keeps putting us on the back burner, been waiting 4 months now, looking at what he has put together looks very nice, but is trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Bill On 4/1/2010 12:48 AM, David Kaye wrote: > "Bill"<got2believe@msn.com> wrote: > >> trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks > > If it'...

Send all messages through one SMTP server
I am at a loss here, maybe due to the terms used in documentation. I have two backup servers and one front-end server. As it stands right now, MAPI users on the backend servers send messages from their respective server. I would like to force all outgoing messages to be sent from the front-end server? How do I do this? You can do that with smtp connectors.. create one on each routing groups configured to forward all messages to you Front end active host.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319426 -- Regards, Yannick DUCERF French Exchange Administrator "egedra"...

After 6 messages received, I get thrown off server
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 / Microsoft Word 2003 for my e-mail. I can send all right. When I receive, I get to message number six and then I get thrown off the server. How can I stay on-line / connected to server? ...