Entourage Inbox (number of mail) is not consistent with Web Mail Inbox (number of email).

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

Web Mail Inbox (2446) <br>
Mac OS X 10.5.8 Server <br>
Mac OS X 10.5.8 Client <br>
Microsoft Entourage 2008 version 12.2.4 (100205)
0
Anton_WCS

To add to my previous post. The clients computer had Clam X AV installed which I have temporarily removed incase it was causing any problems with Entourage writing to its own local cache.
0
Anton_WCS
3/16/2010 1:54:11 PM
To add to my previous post it appears that other Entourage users (see link below) are experiencing similar problems without any resolution. <br><br><a href="http://www.mackb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/entourage/19042/Inbox-for-Exchange-account-no-longer-updates-in-Entourage-2008">http://www.mackb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/entourage/19042/Inbox-for-Exchange-account-no-longer-updates-in-Entourage-2008</a>
0
Anton_WCS
3/16/2010 3:32:01 PM
On 2010-03-16 09:50:45 -0400, Anton_WCS@officeformac.com said:

> I have tried deleting Entourage's cache.

The Exchange cache??
How did you do that?

Corentin

0
iso
3/16/2010 3:51:10 PM
> On 2010-03-16 09:50:45 -0400, Anton_WCS@officeformac.com said: <br>
> > I have tried deleting Entourage's cache. <br>
> The Exchange cache?? <br>
> How did you do that? <br>
> Corentin <br>
0
Anton_WCS
3/16/2010 5:22:16 PM
On 2010-03-16 13:22:16 -0400, Anton_WCS@officeformac.com said:

> > > I have tried deleting Entourage's cache.
> >
> > The Exchange cache??
> > How did you do that?
> >
> > Corentin
> >

> No Entourage cache. I am talking about Microsoft's Entourage email
> client for Exchange servers. An inferior version of Outlook.

> Anyway to remove the local cache simply right-click on the Inbox within
> Entourage and select "Folder Properties". Within the "Folder
> Properties" window there is a option to "Empty Cache".

If it is the inbox for the Exchange account in Entourage, then we are
talking about the same thing.
It should trigger a re-download of everything from your Exchange account.

Are you using the regular version of Entourage or the EWS? (Exchange
Web Services)

Corentin

0
iso
3/16/2010 5:53:27 PM
Entourage has been patched as far as it can via MS AutoUpdate without applying the EWS update. Kerio (the mail server vendor) said not to apply the EWS at present as they have not written in support for it as yet. <br><br>I have now created a temp folder and moved all mail (over 2446 emails) from the Inbox to the temp folder using web mail. I composed and sent 10 or so new emails to this users mailbox successfully. I will monitor this over the next couple of days comparing with web mail as the inconsistencies usually occur a day later. <br><br>It should be noted that the 2446 emails I moved from the Inbox to the temp folder all transferred successfully when viewed in web mail or Apple Mail. In Entourage the temp folder shows 1535 emails. Could it be a corrupt email, or a email that Entourage does not like, that is causing the inconsistencies between web mail, Apple Mail, and Entourage?
0
Anton_WCS
3/16/2010 10:15:38 PM
Hi Corentin <br><br>I don't want to jinx anything but checking this morning mail in Entourage's Inbox is showing exactly the same number of email as in the web mail's Inbox. As an added bonus the client was reporting that email that he read on his iPhone did not show as read within Entourage but this also is looking like it has been resolved.
0
Anton_WCS
3/17/2010 9:41:54 AM
On 2010-03-17 05:41:54 -0400, Anton_WCS@officeformac.com said:

> Hi Corentin
>
> I don't want to jinx anything but checking this morning mail in
> Entourage's Inbox is showing exactly the same number of email as in the
> web mail's Inbox. As an added bonus the client was reporting that email
> that he read on his iPhone did not show as read within Entourage but
> this also is looking like it has been resolved.

 Wonderful! I'm glad it's working fine now :-)
Obviously a nasty caching issue :-\

Corentin

0
iso
3/17/2010 2:14:38 PM
I don't think it can be cache as I had previously emptied the cache via folder properties. I even done another clean cache after I moved the large volume of emails from Inbox to the temp folder. The Inbox is fine now and the temp folder now has the problem. I still feel it is a corrupt email. If I get time later I will compare the temp folder in Entourage with the temp folder in web mail and maybe pull out batches on a 100 emails at a time until the two are in harmony. When I am at that stage then I'll know that one of those last 100 emails may be corrupts and then drill down from there. <br><br>Many thanks for your help.
0
Anton_WCS
3/17/2010 3:56:11 PM
On 2010-03-17 11:56:11 -0400, Anton_WCS@officeformac.com said:

> I don't think it can be cache as I had previously emptied the cache via
> folder properties. I even done another clean cache after I moved the
> large volume of emails from Inbox to the temp folder. The Inbox is fine
> now and the temp folder now has the problem. I still feel it is a
> corrupt email.

I mentioned cache because with Exchange, corrupted or not, e-mails are
exclusively stored in cache.

>  If I get time later I will compare the temp folder in Entourage with
> the temp folder in web mail and maybe pull out batches on a 100 emails
> at a time until the two are in harmony. When I am at that stage then
> I'll know that one of those last 100 emails may be corrupts and then
> drill down from there.

Yeah, it's a tedious task and I don't envy you :-\

Corentin

0
iso
3/17/2010 4:19:37 PM
0
kroddy
3/23/2010 7:09:04 PM
Hi Kate <br><br>Thats great. My client did not know (even roughly) when his problems started. I gave him the option of finding the rogue email but explained the time related costs involved in me doing this. He opted for simply moving all mail in his Inbox to another folder as a quick fix. Now the Inbox and every other folder is working perfectly. The other folder with the rogue emails is now not displaying the correct number of email and read/unread status which I guess is a no biggie if Inbox is functioning.
0
Anton_WCS

How to find number of emails sent by a user in a day?
Howdy, I would like to create run some statistics on the usage patterns. Is there a way to compute the number of emails send by each user in a day? We are running Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Thank you in advance for your help. Pradeep You'd need 3rd party reporting tools like Prodomag, Quest MessageStats, et al. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Pradeep" <pradeep@tapadiya.net> wrote in message news:1136329662.378227.28230@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Howdy, > > I woul...

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Top 10 numbers

Windows Live Mail Message Rules
I have two installations of Windows 7 one 32 bit Home Premium and one 64 bit Ultimate. I want to copy the message rules from the 32 bit installation to the 64 bit installation. They are on different drives. I have already gotten the messages, folders and contacts which seemed simple emough but I can't find the message rules. Where are they and how do I copy them from my 32 bit installation to my 64 bit installation? Rules are stored in the Registry.... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Rules If you are not adverse to working with the registry, you can e...

Cannot view e-mail
As of yesterday, my outlook express 6 is acting strange. When I open any e-mail current or past no text is shown. All that is the mouse's arrow with a hourglass next to it. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplore...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

Stop numbering rows for Titles
Hello, I would like counting of the rows to start at row 5, instead of row 1, because it is just titles that do not need to be counted, in other words, there is no data until row 5. How do I do this? What does "counting" mean? How do you use the count? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Volunteer_Atwork" <Volunteer_Atwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88A41EF-6149-414B-BE1B-F02F4A4EDF69@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I would like counting of the rows to start at row 5, instead of row 1, > becau...

Can't recieve emails for last 2 days
Hello I have had this same email account for years. Suddenly it isn't downloading emails. I hit send/recieve button and it acts like it is checking. A window pops up -It says recieving-then before it actually gets them it disconnects and there is nothing new since the 3rd of May. Any ideas? I haven't done anything new as far as I remeber. I have cable TV highspeed. I'll check back this thread. Thanks http://www.winvistatips.com/not-receiving-email-t45130.html "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B37AAB73-6393-482E-...

Long Print Times w/ Publisher mail merge
I frequently have mail merge documents cretaed in Pub 2007. They work great, but it takes forever publisher to release/spool these documents to the printer, and for the documents to print. I think I understand why this happens, what I am after is a way to print faster. Does anyone have any tricks to reduce the file size that is sent to the printer? Surely there must be a way around this, a way to print these mail merges faster. Anyone? Do you have a lot of images? Gradients? Is your printer driver current? Have you looked at the printer settings? Can you change the spooler settings, do...

Outlook 2003 Junk E-Mail filter doesn't work on Exchange mailboxes?
My Outlook 2003 Junk E-Mail functionality works pretty good on my primary personal folder. I've added a couple mailboxes from our Exchange 2000 server and it doesn't seem like the Junk E-Mail functionality is applied to them? I don't see an option in the Junk E-Mail options to "apply to these mailboxes" .. do they only run against your primary personal folder file?? Thanks for the advice! Junk mail only works on cached mailboxes and secondary mailboxes aren't cached... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor,...

Email Notification
We are using Outlook 2000 in Windows XP. An envelope used to display in the system tray when new mail came in and it no longer does. Some of our staff rely on seeing this envelope. I have found how to change this in Outlook 2002, but not in Outlook 2000. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks Bob ...

limited number of columns
Hi! Is there any way to increase the number of columns in one spreadsheet. The last column seems to be "IV". Grateful for any tips. Nope. Either use more sheets or more files, or preferably if possible look at a different layout for the data that keeps it on a single sheet. Maybe transposing the data? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :...

Inbox "Cannot Display the Folder"
We are running Exchange Server 2003 as our mail server. We have a few people still running Win98, so they have to run Outlook 2000 as a corporate/workgroup. On one 98 workstation, whenever she tries to open her inbox, she gets "Cannot Display Folder" I tried uninstalling Outlook 2000 and re-installing and got the same result. I can't determine if this is client side or server side. All of her other folders (sent items, calender, deleted items, etc) open fine. Please help. ...

Formatting footnotes when paragraph numbering is turned on
When I have paragraph numbering turned on, Word seems to insist that the footnotes have a paragraph number as well as a footnote number. I can physically remove this paragraph number. However, Word also paragraph-numbers the line drawn across the page above the footnotes, and I cannot find any way to turn that off or delete it. Can somebody offer a suggestion? Thanks! Please see reply to your previous duplicate message. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "dan_waldo" <danwaldo@discussions.m...

Using mail-to hyperlink with an attachment
I'm creating forms using Excel and Word. Somewhere in the form is an email address. I can use Edit-hyperlink to specify the recipient address of the email address as well as the subject field. Great. What I'd really like is to be able to specify that the form file itself (the ..doc or .xls) is also attached to the email message. I'd like to specify that right in the hyperlink. Then it can act as a workflow. I don't know anything about VBA so I'd rather not go there. Is this possible? ...

Display email address instead of "friendly name"
Greetings. I'm using Outlook 2003; Exchange is my mail server. Not sure of the version. Is there any way to have Outlook display an email address in the To and >From fields of a sent or received message instead of the "friendly" First Name Last Name? The "friendly name" is of no use to me in that I don't know what company the email is coming from unless I can see the email's domain of origin. I don't need the sender's/receiver's name to display; I need their email address. Thanks for your attention. Jeff The sender controls that, not the rec...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

Mail Delivery Issue #2
I have a single user who is not receiving all of his internet mail (6000 users total in org). When a message is sent to him only he receives the mail. If he is in a list of recipients and does not appear first on the list, the message track in the ESM shows all recipients (with successful deliveries) except for him. If he is first in the list, only he receives the message. Example: Scenario 1 - Message addressed only to user1@domain.com: the message is delivered as intended Scenario 2 - Message is addressed to multiple recipients: user1@domain.com;user2@domain.com;user3@domain.com...

deleted emails were not send to "Deleted Items"
Dear all, I use Outlook 2002 SP2 and WIN XP 5.1 Problem: When I delete an email from my Inbox Outlook asks me to delete the email permanently. There is no chance to teach Outlook, that it should move the email to the "Deleted Items" folder. What I'd like to have is that Outlook sends the deleted emails to the "Deleted Items" folder by default. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks. Best Regards Werner "Werner Rohrmoser" <werner-rohrmoser@hotmail.de> wrote in message news:1135845311.813466.147270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Dear all, > >...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

Entourage, Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. > I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-05-20 22:06:01 +0700 Application Name: Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Ex...

Mail between exchange server no working
I have two Windows 2003 exchange servers with sp1. From the one exchange server clients can send email using global address book addresses and exchange transport to user accounts on the other exchange server. But user on the other exchange server cannot send email to the first. Any idea Keith - Can the other/second server resolve fqdn(s) of the first server and the GC(s)? - Does it have smtp connectivity to the first server? - Can it access GCs? - Anything in the event logs? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- ...

show email contacts not fax contacts
After clicking on the new button to bring up a new email message, clicking on the To...: button brings up a new window titled: Select Names. This window shows a list of contacts. Problem is the list shows duplicate names. It's obvious that the duplicate names are due to the fact that they have fax numbers. Here's the question: How do I make this window only show SMTP E-mail type contacts and not duplicate the contact because they have a fax number? Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there are many client- and server-based components that can u...

Location of Entourage Actions for autometer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Where are they? How to install the library? <br> Thanks > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342962954_809482 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 12/6/09 2:18 PM, in article 59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote: > Where are they? How to...

Change look of phone numbers
How do I change my phone numbers in outlook from (xxx) xxx-xxxx to xxx.xxx.xxxx, I know it can be done, I did it before. ...