Entourage converts files to winmail.dat

>Most people these days seem to be blissfully unaware or even
>uninterested in proper etiquette. Remember etiquette?? It still exists,
>believe it or not.

Girls, Girls, you're all pretty...

The point is, that he probably DID search Google for "Entourage
winmail.dat", as I did, which brought us both to this group. I'm
hoping it's not bad etiquette to ask an honest question...

In my case, I've got an interesting situation where I sent ONE email
with an attachment from Outlook on an exchange server to two different
external addresses. I then opened those emails on two different
machines, in the same room, on the same network, both Macs running
Entourage. One received email contained the winmail.dat file, and one
contained the unchanged attachment as it was sent.

I understand that the issue is usually that the exchange server SENT
it as a rich text format MIME message, which ends up being a
winmail.dat file. But... how is it then that two different clients saw
two different things from one email?

It it being sent as a multipart MIME? Is that the answer? And if so,
how can I tell the CLIENT to read it correctly?

Thanks for any insight...

MD
0
Fixdmix

On 12/3/09 2:27 PM, in article
7deb60fa-6f99-41c7-8bf2-3c814582dab0@s21g2000prm.googlegroups.com, "Fixdmix"
<fixdmix@gmail.com> wrote:

> It it being sent as a multipart MIME? Is that the answer? And if so,
> how can I tell the CLIENT to read it correctly?

Entourage can't.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/attachments.html#att7>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

convert a string into a textbox name
Trying to loop to load different textbox Textbox1, Textbox2, Textbox3 ect n = 1 xCt = 15 xText = 35 Do while xCt > 0 Textbox(n) = xText n = n + 1 xCt = xCt - 1 xText = xText + 3 Loop It would help you get a helpful answer if you provided... Excel version? Where the code is located? Where the textboxes are located What kind of textboxes are they (or how you created them)? What is the problem? What is the question? -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html (30 different ways to sort in excel) "Gordon" <gwelch...

about header file
i want to use mfc in win32 console exe. what header file i must include? You have to set "Use MFC..." in General tab in project settings and include the following files: #include <afxwin.h> // MFC core and standard components #include <afxext.h> // MFC extensions #include <afxdtctl.h> // MFC support for Internet Explorer 4 Common Controls #ifndef _AFX_NO_AFXCMN_SUPPORT #include <afxcmn.h> // MFC support for Windows Common Controls #endif // _AFX_NO_AFXCMN_SUPPORT Also you may need to include additional MFC headers if you would like to g...

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

Quick help please! Converting seconds to hours and minutes.
I've done some reading, but can't find the same problem as mine exactly. cell A1 =463237 seconds. I want to display this as: hh:mm:ss, but not in 24 hour clock. Meaning, I want to see 128 hours:33 minutes: 32 seconds (not proper figures I know). The formula I am tyring to use is: =TEXT(C3/24,"h:mm:ss"), but it doesn't seem to work the way I want. Anybody??? How about: =TEXT(C3/24/60/60,"[h]:mm:ss") But I got: 128:40:37 presenting tomorrow wrote: > > I've done some reading, but can't find the same problem as mine exactly. > > ce...

Hyperlink To JPG File
I have added a hyperlink to a jpg (photo) file, and when i select the hyperlink, the jpg file opens in Corel Photo-Paint. Is there a way that I can force it to open with Windows Photo and Fax Viewer, Instead. Thanks GW Open Windows Explorer and find a *.jpg file. Select it and right-click and "Open With" Make Windows Photo and Fax Viewer the default "always open with". If you get an error, you may have to open Corel Photo-Paint and disassociate *.jpg files using probably some Options setting. If neither of these steps work for you, in Windows Explorer>Tools>...

Change text name based on file name
On my spreadsheet in cell A1 I have a text label containing the word "Department" What I want is when I save the file as Schedule 1 (Division).xls I want cell A1 change from "Department" to "Division" based upon what is within the parentheses in this example Any tips will be appreciated. Thank you. If I understand you, you want to return the portion of the wb's name that is within parentheses. If so, try this formula in cell A1. After doing a "Save As..." you will have to press F9 to update. Minimal testing: =MID(CELL("filename&quo...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

*.pst file
Hi - my .pst file is corrupted, and I went through the repair file process. I am not able to access the file after the repair process. Is there anything else that can be done? I need some information out of this file. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Erica "Erica Stafford" <estafford@ups.com> wrote in message news:8bb7a438-5371-49a3-af13-938b1a977356@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hi - my .pst file is corrupted, and I went through the repair file > process. I am not able to access the file after the repair process. > Is there anything else...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

Read-only lost when file transferred by email
Vista professional Office Professional 2007 More of a rhetorical question since probably nothing can be done about it... When I transfer via Outlook a Word file set as read-only (i.e., read- only set from the file's desktop icon > Properties, not from within Word), the read-only attribute is lost at the receiving end. I have to remind the recipient to reset the attribute. Why should this be the case? Thanks. Please ignore this. I will repost in the Vista group. Sorry for the trouble. On Aug 20, 11:45=A0am, wal <ress6...@verizon.net> wrote: > Vista prof...

Can I track changes made to a shared file per userid.
I was wondering if I could track who made what changes in a shared excel file. If so, how should I go about it? Thank you in advance! Julie On that same Tools|Share Workbook dialog, there's an Advanced Tab. There's an option (default is On???) that allows you to track those changes. When you're ready to look at the changes, tools|track changes|accept or reject changes (You may already have it turned on.) But be aware that if you keep lots of changes, then excel can slow down. Julie _at_GBS wrote: > > I was wondering if I could track who made what changes in a share...

Converting from Publisher98 to Publisher2003
I am needing to convert some of my older data from Microsoft Publisher 98 to use in Microsoft Publisher 2003 - If I try to just open up the files from 98 into 2003 it tells me that it can not be used from older versions. Could someone tell me how I can convert these files? Thank you... If you have Norton, disable "script blocking" and in Norton Options, misc. disable "Office Plug-in", if you don't have Norton, disable whatever anti-virus software you do have until the conversion is complete. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

Refresh of links in shared file.
I have created a shared file that has a production schedule. It has links to another non-shared file so that I can use/refresh a query to pull production information from a database and put it into pivot tables. I have a vlookup to find the totals of the part in the pivot table. When I have the schedule file shared and open and I have the "update file" open and then update the query everything in my shared document updates. I save changes. The problem is others cannot see these changes by saving (it works if I type numbers instead of using a link to the update file...

convert files
how do I import and sort files from First Choice in ASCII form into excel and fix into columns? -- helpoldlady ...

Entourage, Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. > I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-05-20 22:06:01 +0700 Application Name: Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Ex...

File Uploads
Our Customer Support Dept. sometimes receives large zip files in regards to a case. I want to restrict the file size for allowable uploads, however, this brings a new issue regarding receiving the zip file from the customer. I was contemplating having them FTP the file to a central location. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Convert data type
I have a document that was forwarded to me in the United States from our sister company in Italy and the qtys are being referenced as shipping, '4,0000 (formatted as text) in the cells where I requested 4ea be shipped. I know that they are really meaning that they shipped 4ea but I have an entire spread sheet of about 5000 items that I would like to compare against my actual request to be sure the entire order was completed. I have tried to "format column" to "number", but it multiplies and populates the field as 40,000. Does anyone have any idea how I can...

MS Access file
I have a file at work that the boss uses and now has given to me. Only problem is the person who designed the access file to run from the bosses desk top. When I try and run the file from mine it comes up with an error shown below. I would like to know how I can change the code so that I can run the file as well. This file is in a general folder not locked. This is driving us both nuts can anyone help? Thanks Private Sub Form_Start() <----------------- This part is highlighted yellow. Set db = CurrentDb DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.Maximize ...

OWA and viewing xml files as txt file
Hi, We are trying to view download xml files renamed to txt from OWA. We are able to download the file; however, the content of the file is omitted. We already determined that the virus scan does not remove the contents from the txt file. can anyone asist. Thank you very much. Tommy ...

Offline Files
I am getting an error when synchronizing my offline files that it Failed on 8 of the files. I can't seem to identify which 8 files it was not able to sychronize. All files in the Offline Files View are labeled Synchronized. Does anyone know how to identify those files? I haven't a clue who you are, or what you are using. Try to remember that we can't read your screen from here. We will try to help, but we do need you to make a little bit of effort yourself. What are you using? Which version? On what operating system? Which version? What's your name? You know: ju...

Corrupt Money File #3
Hi, I am using Money OEM version 12. My laptop crashed whilst Money was open. Now Money recognises that the file wasn't closed properly and starts to validate the file when I enter the password - but then it comes back and says that it doesn't recognise the password - bizarre! Any advice on how I get round this please? The password message can mean that you are trying to read a Money file with a version that is earlier than the one that created the file. Have you done any updates to Money v12? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://su...

Location of Entourage Actions for autometer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Where are they? How to install the library? <br> Thanks > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342962954_809482 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 12/6/09 2:18 PM, in article 59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote: > Where are they? How to...

convert publisher files from previous versions
I've done some work in publisher at my school, but when I got home to finish it, it says "Publisher cannot open files from previous versions". How can I continue my work from home? What version do you have at school? What version do you have at home? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A88C045B-5872-44B1-9817-FFA8952968B0@microsoft.com... > I've done some work in publisher at my school, but when I got home to > finish > it, it says "Publisher cannot open files from pre...

Can an excel XP 2003 file be exported to an Access mdb file if so how?
Greetings All, I have and app that will only read Access mdb files but I don't have access to "Access" is there a plugin or will excel 2003 xp save directly to an Access 2003 file format? Is there a free plugin around? TIA Tia Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sal@spp.net wrote: > Greetings All, > > I have and app that will only read Access mdb files but I don't have > access to "Access" is there a plugin or will excel 2003 xp save > directly to an Access 2003 file format? > > Is there a free plugin ar...