Unknown Toolbar/Extension

Win7x64. IE8.  Both fully updated.

In Manage Add-ons, Toolbars and Extensions, under the heading "Not
Available", there is an entry {64964764-1101-4BBD-8891-B?56B1A53B9B3}.  The
publisher is "Not available" and there is no other information.

A search in Google gives little information.  Some entries mention "O9 -
Extra button: (no name) - {64964764-1101-4bbd-8891-B56B1A53B9B3} -
C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicExplorer32.dll".  I have Classic Shell
installed, but in Add-ons this is clearly marked as (Not Verified) IvoSoft,
with the publisher as IvoSoft.  In addition, this can be enabled with the
{6496... entry disabled.

Any ideas what this  {64964764... entry is for?

BTW, this add-on appears in IE8-x64 as well.

--

Jeff

0
Jeff

Does http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ ring any bells?

Jeff Layman wrote:
> Win7x64. IE8.  Both fully updated.
>
> In Manage Add-ons, Toolbars and Extensions, under the heading "Not
> Available", there is an entry {64964764-1101-4BBD-8891-B?56B1A53B9B3}.
> The
> publisher is "Not available" and there is no other information.
>
> A search in Google gives little information.  Some entries mention "O9 -
> Extra button: (no name) - {64964764-1101-4bbd-8891-B56B1A53B9B3} -
> C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicExplorer32.dll".  I have Classic
> Shell
> installed, but in Add-ons this is clearly marked as (Not Verified)
> IvoSoft,
> with the publisher as IvoSoft.  In addition, this can be enabled with the
> {6496... entry disabled.
>
> Any ideas what this  {64964764... entry is for?
>
> BTW, this add-on appears in IE8-x64 as well.

0
PA
5/5/2010 10:28:10 PM
Jeff Layman wrote:

> Win7x64. IE8.  Both fully updated.
>
> In Manage Add-ons, Toolbars and Extensions, under the heading "Not
> Available", there is an entry {64964764-1101-4BBD-8891-B?56B1A53B9B3}.  The
> publisher is "Not available" and there is no other information.
>
> A search in Google gives little information.  Some entries mention "O9 -
> Extra button: (no name) - {64964764-1101-4bbd-8891-B56B1A53B9B3} -
> C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicExplorer32.dll".  I have Classic Shell
> installed, but in Add-ons this is clearly marked as (Not Verified) IvoSoft,
> with the publisher as IvoSoft.  In addition, this can be enabled with the
> {6496... entry disabled.
>
> Any ideas what this  {64964764... entry is for?
>
> BTW, this add-on appears in IE8-x64 as well.

In regedit.exe, search on:

64964764-1101-4BBD-8891-B?56B1A53B9B3

Of course, you'll have to replace the "?" with the real value.  Haven't a
clue why you decided to munge the class ID of the object.  From a later
mention, looks like "?" was supposed to be a "5" (the two keys are no where
near each other so it wasn't a fat-finger error).

I did a search in my registry (on "64964764-1101-4bbd-8891-B56B1A53B9B3")
and found nothing.  If you find the classID entry, there might in an
InProcServer subkey that tells you what executable file gets used for that
handler object.

I did a Google search (on the non-? version of the classID) and only found 7
matches.  The one at:

http://www.forum-seven.com/forum/topic3999.html

shows the executable is at:

C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicExplorer32.dll

Dynamic Linked Libraries (DLLs) contain methods that can be called as
programs by a parent process, so they contain program(s).  One way to run
those methods is by using rundll32.exe.  I haven't a clue as to what is
"Classic Shell" but you said that you installed it.  Might it be the program
mentioned at <http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/>?  Until you find out
what handler program is associated with that particular class ID by looking
in the registry, neither will we know.

Of course, you could also just disable the add-on in IE.  That won't
uninstall the add-on but it will eliminate it from loading in IE.  What
happens if you uninstall that Classic Shell program?  Does the unidentified
add-on entry go away?
0
VanguardLH
> Jeff Layman wrote:
>
>> Win7x64. IE8.  Both fully updated.
>>
>> In Manage Add-ons, Toolbars and Extensions, under the heading "Not
>> Available", there is an entry {64964764-1101-4BBD-8891-B?56B1A53B9B3}.
>> The
>> publisher is "Not available" and there is no other information.
>>
>> A search in Google gives little information.  Some entries mention "O9 -
>> Extra button: (no name) - {64964764-1101-4bbd-8891-B56B1A53B9B3} -
>> C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicExplorer32.dll".  I have Classic
>> Shell
>> installed, but in Add-ons this is clearly marked as (Not Verified)
>> IvoSoft,
>> with the publisher as IvoSoft.  In addition, this can be enabled with the
>> {6496... entry disabled.
>>
>> Any ideas what this  {64964764... entry is for?
>>
>> BTW, this add-on appears in IE8-x64 as well.
>
> In regedit.exe, search on:
>
> 64964764-1101-4BBD-8891-B?56B1A53B9B3
>
> Of course, you'll have to replace the "?" with the real value.  Haven't a
> clue why you decided to munge the class ID of the object.  From a later
> mention, looks like "?" was supposed to be a "5" (the two keys are no
> where
> near each other so it wasn't a fat-finger error).
>
> I did a search in my registry (on "64964764-1101-4bbd-8891-B56B1A53B9B3")
> and found nothing.  If you find the classID entry, there might in an
> InProcServer subkey that tells you what executable file gets used for that
> handler object.
>
> I did a Google search (on the non-? version of the classID) and only found
> 7
> matches.  The one at:
>
> http://www.forum-seven.com/forum/topic3999.html
>
> shows the executable is at:
>
> C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicExplorer32.dll
>
> Dynamic Linked Libraries (DLLs) contain methods that can be called as
> programs by a parent process, so they contain program(s).  One way to run
> those methods is by using rundll32.exe.  I haven't a clue as to what is
> "Classic Shell" but you said that you installed it.  Might it be the
> program
> mentioned at <http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/>?  Until you find out
> what handler program is associated with that particular class ID by
> looking
> in the registry, neither will we know.
>
> Of course, you could also just disable the add-on in IE.  That won't
> uninstall the add-on but it will eliminate it from loading in IE.  What
> happens if you uninstall that Classic Shell program?  Does the
> unidentified
> add-on entry go away?

Thanks.

Firstly, apologies.  I have no idea how that ? got in there!  For some
reason Cont-C didn't work when that entry in Toolbars and Extensions was
highlighted yesterday (it did just now!), so I had to go through screen
snipping, and keying in from that.  Ample room for error with such a list...

There are a number of entries for that character list in the registry, but
only a couple link it to a program. As expected, it is Classic Shell/Classic
Explorer:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Extensions\{64964764-1101-4bbd-8891-B56B1A53B9B3}]
@="Classic Explorer"
"BandClsid"="{553891B7-A0D5-4526-BE18-D3CE461D6310}"
"Clsid"="{E0DD6CAB-2D10-11D2-8F1A-0000F87ABD16}"

But why there are two entries in Toolbars and Extensions (one clearly marked
Classic Explorer from IvoSoft, the other that odd character list), I do not
understand.

See the link in PA Bear's post for what Classic Shell does.

--

Jeff

0
Jeff
5/6/2010 9:29:21 AM
Yes - I mentioned I have Classic Shell installed.  But I searched for
{64964764... on the classicshell.sourceforge.net pages, and there is no
mention of it.

--

Jeff

> Does http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ ring any bells?
>
> Jeff Layman wrote:
>> Win7x64. IE8.  Both fully updated.
>>
>> In Manage Add-ons, Toolbars and Extensions, under the heading "Not
>> Available", there is an entry {64964764-1101-4BBD-8891-B?56B1A53B9B3}.
>> The
>> publisher is "Not available" and there is no other information.
>>
>> A search in Google gives little information.  Some entries mention "O9 -
>> Extra button: (no name) - {64964764-1101-4bbd-8891-B56B1A53B9B3} -
>> C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicExplorer32.dll".  I have Classic
>> Shell
>> installed, but in Add-ons this is clearly marked as (Not Verified)
>> IvoSoft,
>> with the publisher as IvoSoft.  In addition, this can be enabled with the
>> {6496... entry disabled.
>>
>> Any ideas what this  {64964764... entry is for?
>>
>> BTW, this add-on appears in IE8-x64 as well.

0
Jeff
5/6/2010 9:33:18 AM
Ping the developers.

Jeff Layman wrote:
> Yes - I mentioned I have Classic Shell installed.  But I searched for
> {64964764... on the classicshell.sourceforge.net pages, and there is no
> mention of it.

>> Does http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ ring any bells?
>>
>> Jeff Layman wrote:
>>> Win7x64. IE8.  Both fully updated.
>>>
>>> In Manage Add-ons, Toolbars and Extensions, under the heading "Not
>>> Available", there is an entry {64964764-1101-4BBD-8891-B?56B1A53B9B3}.
>>> The
>>> publisher is "Not available" and there is no other information.
>>>
>>> A search in Google gives little information.  Some entries mention "O9 -
>>> Extra button: (no name) - {64964764-1101-4bbd-8891-B56B1A53B9B3} -
>>> C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicExplorer32.dll".  I have Classic
>>> Shell
>>> installed, but in Add-ons this is clearly marked as (Not Verified)
>>> IvoSoft,
>>> with the publisher as IvoSoft.  In addition, this can be enabled with
>>> the
>>> {6496... entry disabled.
>>>
>>> Any ideas what this  {64964764... entry is for?
>>>
>>> BTW, this add-on appears in IE8-x64 as well.

0
PA
5/6/2010 3:59:14 PM
Jeff Layman <jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Yes - I mentioned I have Classic Shell installed.  But I searched for
> {64964764... on the classicshell.sourceforge.net pages, and there is no
> mention of it.

What does that mean?
You don't often see those GUID strings mentioned on websites describing
software...
-1
Rob
5/6/2010 6:03:33 PM
"Rob" <nomail@example.com> wrote in message
> Jeff Layman <jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> Yes - I mentioned I have Classic Shell installed.  But I searched for
>> {64964764... on the classicshell.sourceforge.net pages, and there is no
>> mention of it.
>
> What does that mean?
> You don't often see those GUID strings mentioned on websites describing
> software...

It means exactly what I said. Yes, you don't often see GUID strings
mentioned, but I wondered if there would be a mention on, eg, the FAQ page.
There is a surprising amount of info on those sourceforge pages.

I also looked at the code pages mentioned in a link (to
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/shell/classicshell.aspx) to see if the string
appeared there, but it wasn't there either.

I guess the only way I will see if it is linked to Classic Shell is to
uninstall.

--

Jeff

0
Jeff

'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook'
Hi - I am running Outlook 2002, SP-2, under Windows XP Home edition, SP-1. I use MS Word as my message editor. For the past few months, I get the following error message in a dialog from Outlook: 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook' This occurs when I either create a new message or note or edit an existing message or note and then leave it open for more than just a minute or two, rather than closing or saving and closing it. I have run the "Detect and Repair" menu option in Outlook several times, but that has n...

How do I save toolbar setting on new mail?
I am trying to make two toolbars only take up one line instead of two, but when I change it on a new outgoing mail it is not saved. it's caused by an toolbar added by a 3rd party utility. Get rid of the culprit and the toolbars will 'stick'. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchang...

Unknown Error
I find it incredible that Microsoft will allow crappy software to pervade their software regime. I am helping my son with his exemail email to do the simple task of deleting his "Deleted Items" folder that contains over 3000 items. Some items can be deleted one at a time but after a few successful deletions the "Unknown Error" appears and one must jump to a new item on the list to see if it can be deleted. selecting several items to be deleted at once nearly always results in "Unknown Error". The task of deleting is so time consuming and frustratin...

Unknown error 0x80040201 #2
Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned error while sending and receiving e-mails. All POP3 settings are correct and mail does get received but while sending the message comes up. Funny thing is that e-mails still go out. Only happens while sending... Error msg: Unknown error 0x80040201 Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned > error while sending and receiving e-mails. All POP3 settings are > correct and mail does get received but while sending the message > com...

unknown e-mail recipient
My Outlook is sending e-mails to addresses that I do not know. The e-mails do not show up in my outbox or sent box, but I find out about them when the e-mail is returned for some reason. This is happening on an almost daily basis. "Kelly" <mrsjdh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eb2201c43cf0$092e66b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Outlook is sending e-mails to addresses that I do not > know. The e-mails do not show up in my outbox or sent > box, but I find out about them when the e-mail is > returned for some reason. This is happening on an almost > daily ba...

View Custom Toolbar in Excel 2007
I have an Excel 2003 file that contains a custom toolbar. In Excel 2003 the custom toolbar is displayed and I can just click the buttons on that toolbar to run my macros. When I open the file in Excel 2007 I can find no way to display that custom toolbar. In fact, the only way that I have found to access my macros is to go into View Macros and run them that way, which isn't going to cut it. Is there a way in Excel 2007 to re-create the Excel 2003 functionality, perhaps by building a custom ribbon and putting buttons for my macros on that ribbon? I just need some way to make the...

Problem Deleting Check Boxes created from Forms Toolbar
I managed to overlay about 200 checkboxes in one cell (long story). I have too much invested in this worksheet to just start over. Deleting the row doesn't help, they just move somewhere else. Other than continuing to delete them one by one, does anyone have a suggestion for clearing this cell? Thanks in advance. Try 'Edit' om the Toolbars, 'Go to' > 'Special' > check 'Objects' . Right click one of the highlighted objects and Cut and it will Cut them all, clear the clipboard and that should be that, Regards, Alan. "Suzan" <Suzan@d...

why the toolbar wont be dockable after use SetButtonInfo?
i use the code like the following: m_wndToolBar.SetButtonInfo(0, IDC_WRITEMSG, TBSTYLE_BUTTON, 0); m_wndToolBar.EnableDocking(CBRS_ALIGN_ANY); EnableDocking(CBRS_ALIGN_ANY); DockControlBar(&m_wndToolBar); ...

In folder containing .lnk and .pif files the extensions do not show.
I have XP. I do not have "Hide extensions..." clicked. When I open a folder containing .lnk and .pif files the extensions do not show. Other extensions in the folder do show, How come? Thanks By design, you will only see them in the command line listing. They are both "shortcut" files for the GUI. Cal Who wrote: > I have XP. > > I do not have "Hide extensions..." clicked. > > When I open a folder containing .lnk and .pif files the extensions do not > show. > > Other extensions in the folder do show...

Unknown printer error
HI i am using ibm surepos 300 with ibm suremark printer with OPOS 1.9 v and i encounter "unknown printer error" intermittently. And some receipt takes time to process. Any solutions for this? Hi, I have a customer with the same issue (same hardware too i think). They get the printer error as the sale if finishing, most of the time you can hit retry and it goes on through. But it is a very big hassle when they get busy. It is happening probably 10-12 times a day. If you have any insight into this or have any suggestions please let me know....Thanks!! rbroach@dalcom.com ...

How do i activate the Macro recorder toolbar
While recording a macro, I accidently closed the macro recorder toolbar .. Now whenever I record a macro, the recording toolbar does not appear. there fore I have to use the menu option to stop recording the macro. Also I cannot use relative and absolute reference. Can you please let me know how I can activate my macro recorder toolbar to appear the moment start recording my macro. Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools>Customize>Toolbars. Select "Stop Recording" toolbar and "Reset". Put a check in the checkbox. Stop Recording Toolb...

MS Intelligent Message Filter Extension
Having a very strange problem after installing the Intelligent Message Filter Extension: I installed IMF v2 (I never had v1, so none of the problem associated with that apply) using my administrator account and restarted the server. For some reason, the IMF tab did not appear under the global Message Delivery Properties. After trying to get it working for a while, I uninstalled it, restarted the server, and reinstalled IMF. At this point, the tab DOES appear, but immediately when you click on it, a message is displayed saying ``Heading`` Microsoft Intelligent Message Filter Extension ``Bo...

Unknown users w/virus sending mail to 5.5 server
I am having a problem where I think I have a virus (novarg) loose within my network and some user/computer that has an account on my Exchange 5.5 server is bombarding virus attachments to my Exchange 5.5 server. Even thought my Norton AV for Exchange 2.1 is finding and blocking them I still want to know who is sending them. The problem is the "sender" and the "recipient" are listed as UNKNOWN for most. Some emails do have a name in the "sender" and "recipient" but I am afraid the "To" and "From" are being spoofed by the virus. Most o...

Namespace.CurrentUser.Address returns unknown
Under which conditions can this occur? Some users are reporting this value when I query their environment. What is the Outlook version? What services do they have in the profile (PST, POP3/SMTP), etc? -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO and MAPI Developer Tool - "ChrisC" <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50599650-B444-439A-B200-E8A8E19083C1@microsoft.com... > Under which conditions can this occur? Some users are reporting this value > when I query their environment. ...

Outlook sends unknown messages
Hi, I just merged from OE to Outlook. Everything went well, all messages, message rules and folders were imported and I am able to receive messages. But... when I start Outlook, it tries to send 137 messages (I have no clue what messages), even though my Outbox is empty. It appears to be stuck, since it is still showing "sending message 1 of 137". What is Outlook sending and how can I cancel this permanently? When I cancel, it will start doing it the next time I start Outlook. Any suggestions? Thank you, AJS Possibly undeliverable read receipts, see if these help: http://...

Unknown Error
I have seen this issue before but cannot find the answer. I have run 1.3 with a Star TSP100 at two different stores for about 6 months. Now at one location I am receiving an "Unknown Error" message when I ring up customers...not every transaction but several times a day. At the other store--no problems. The only difference is the type of cash drawer. Anyone ever found a solution for this issue? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0451_01C70A44.DF648830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quot...

Purge button in Windows Live Mail toolbar
I want to have the "Purge" button in my mail toolbar because I have several IMAP mail accounts that I read with Windows Live Mail. When I go to the Customize Toolbar button, "Purge" shows in the commands that should be on the toolbar, but won't actually show ON the toolbar (all of the other commands that are supposed to show do show). How can I get that command to show on the toolbar properly? Thanks, tdp (Please reply to group) My WLM behaves the same as yours. My guess is that Purge is an = un-implemented command. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Micr...

Toolbar bitmap grief!
Hi, I have a standard MFC toolbar as included automatically by the application wizard. A few of these buttons i have removed via dragging them off. I now want to add some buttons of my own. I want to add a refresh button. So i go looking for an refresh icon or bitmap on my computer. I find some in VS2005ImageLibrary. There seem to be 4 different types in various color formats, 16, 24, 32 and png and also an Icons folder. I think i can just drag one of the bitmap files in and then copy and paste, but the background of the button is now in pink. Icons seem to resize everything....

Unknown Folder
I have C: Boot partition and D: partition for my Data files. In my Data Partition I have an folder named 92fbacf3222aa094933a5d. When I open it, it has two folders AMD and i386. They both have 7 similar files, ddl, inf, ppd, cat and gpd. What is it doing in my data drive? Should it not be in Boot drive. It is possible that during archive etc I have moved it myself. Should I try to put it in C: drive and in which folder. This folder is the remains of some windows update. I can probably just delete it if you have the proper security settings. Rui "tatar" <...

EuroValue ToolBar
Hi, I have this EuroValue ToolBar that appears every time I open Excel (2002, version 10.6501.6626 SP3). We can close it, but everytime we close and open Excel again, it's back. It's really annoying. We don't have this problem with other toolbars. The others one, you add them, there they are when you open, you close them, they aren't, but EuraValue is back! .... Help? Marie Hi Marie in Excel goto 'Tools - addins' and uncheck this addin -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Marie Lavoie wrote: > Hi, > I have this EuroValue ToolBar that appears every ...

Toolbar Removal Question!
HI all, I have been running Excel for many years using DDE Links to eSignal fo real time stock prices. It's latest version loaded a Toolbar calle SigTools to Excel to "help" insert the DDE links. It works fine but it now loads the SigTool toolbar on EVERY existin spreadsheet and any new ones I create! Sure I can go to View>Toolbars and uncheck it but it loads on sheets I don't need it on! And it is pain because it ALWAYS creats a new row to the toolbars even though i is plenty small enough to fit in available space... Please, how can I: A. stop it from loading in all...

Reviewing Toolbar
Excel 2003 on XP. Whenever I open an xls file, either that was sent by email, or created by me and never sent by email, the Reviewing Toolbar constantly appears and I have to uncheck it in the Toolbar listing. How can I stop this behaviour? Many thanks DeanH A recent posting from Jim Rech addresses this. Jim post.................. If the workbook is sent as an attachment to Outlook then File, Properties are automatically added which will make the Reviewing toolbar appear when the workbook is opened in Excel. I don't know of a way to stop this. However, once you...

Another MFC extension DLL problem
I have an entry point defined like this: #ifndef BUILDING_UTILITY #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllimport) #else #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllexport) #endif void _UL_EXT_CLASS AttachToUtilityLib(LPCTSTR pszString) When I try to link the dll to another extension DLL, MyMessageBox is unresolved. If I take out the LPCTSTR parameter, it links fine. What could be wrong here? Maybe it's a name mangling issue, are this DLL's both C++ ? I assume you use different defines for your two DLL's otherwise you may have conlicts here. Cyrille Dupuydauby "David W. Simmo...

Unknown delay
Hi I'm writing graph drawing application, and 've encountered a problem which i dont know how to solve. There is a function in my app, which reads graph parameters from file (simple File/Open). For huge graphs it takes some time to read whole file and attach read data to appropriate data structure. So, for those bigger graphs i've encounered something like this: After clicking File / Open and selecting a file in modal dialol, void Load() function is being called, it reads the file, fills the data structures of the graph and terminates. The client is beind redrawn, and here my mes...

Custom VBA toolbar
Excel 2003 on Win XP I have created an Excel custom toolbar which is saved in Excel11.xlb. I have also created a custom toolbar in VBA. Can anyone tell me where it is saved and what the file would be called. donwb ...