Protected Mode not working??

  • Follow

Last week I was running IE7 and noticed that even though the "Enable
Protected Mode" tick box under Tools > Internet Options > Security was
properly checked the Status Bar at the bottom of the main screen said
"Protected Mode: Off".  So I installed IE8, but it still said the same.  So
I reset the security level to "Default" and re Set the tick box, clicked
Apply, and restarted IE and the status bar still says the protected mode is
off.  What is going on here?  What can I do about it.

Ted Smith

0
Reply Ted 6/25/2010 7:21:19 PM

Vista SP1?

You're logged in to the Administrator account (vs. an account with Admin
privileges)?

Ted Smith wrote:
> Last week I was running IE7 and noticed that even though the "Enable
> Protected Mode" tick box under Tools > Internet Options > Security was
> properly checked the Status Bar at the bottom of the main screen said
> "Protected Mode: Off".  So I installed IE8, but it still said the same.
> So
> I reset the security level to "Default" and re Set the tick box, clicked
> Apply, and restarted IE and the status bar still says the protected mode
> is
> off.  What is going on here?  What can I do about it.
>
> Ted Smith

0
Reply PA 6/25/2010 9:17:07 PM

Vista SP1 - YES

"The" Administrator Account - NO

An account with Admin privileges - YES

Ted Smith

> Vista SP1?
>
> You're logged in to the Administrator account (vs. an account with Admin
> privileges)?
>
> Ted Smith wrote:
>> Last week I was running IE7 and noticed that even though the "Enable
>> Protected Mode" tick box under Tools > Internet Options > Security was
>> properly checked the Status Bar at the bottom of the main screen said
>> "Protected Mode: Off".  So I installed IE8, but it still said the same.
>> So
>> I reset the security level to "Default" and re Set the tick box, clicked
>> Apply, and restarted IE and the status bar still says the protected mode
>> is
>> off.  What is going on here?  What can I do about it.
>>
>> Ted Smith

0
Reply Ted 6/25/2010 11:29:59 PM

(page loaded in 0.075 seconds)