IE8 & Netflix Pop-up

  • Follow

I'm using IE8 on WinXP and when I go to a number of sites, I get a
Netflix pop-up!  I have Pop-up Blocker on, but get this pop-up a lot.
I looked thru Pop-up Blocker Options, but do not see anything to block
certain pop-ups - there is the option to allow pop-ups on certain
sites, but I do not have Netflix listed in there.

Any thoughts/suggestions on how to disable this pop-ups would be
appreciated.

Charliec
0
Reply charliec 6/22/2010 10:38:53 PM

Check for adware.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

charliec@email.com wrote:
> I'm using IE8 on WinXP and when I go to a number of sites, I get a
> Netflix pop-up!  I have Pop-up Blocker on, but get this pop-up a lot.
> I looked thru Pop-up Blocker Options, but do not see anything to block
> certain pop-ups - there is the option to allow pop-ups on certain
> sites, but I do not have Netflix listed in there.
>
> Any thoughts/suggestions on how to disable this pop-ups would be
> appreciated.
>
> Charliec
0
Reply Leonard 6/22/2010 11:18:30 PM

>On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:18:30 -0400, Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Check for adware.
>---
>Leonard Grey
>Errare humanum est
>
>charliec@email.com wrote:
>> I'm using IE8 on WinXP and when I go to a number of sites, I get a
>> Netflix pop-up!  I have Pop-up Blocker on, but get this pop-up a lot.
>> I looked thru Pop-up Blocker Options, but do not see anything to block
>> certain pop-ups - there is the option to allow pop-ups on certain
>> sites, but I do not have Netflix listed in there.
>>
>> Any thoughts/suggestions on how to disable this pop-ups would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Charliec

I do that on a regular basis - I manually run Spybot, SpySweeper, and
Malwarebytes and have NAV 2010 running in real time.  I have a
subscription to AdAware, but it gave me so many problems, that I
uninstalled it.

So far, they have not found anything!

Charliec
0
Reply charliec 6/23/2010 4:00:19 AM

<charliec@email.com> wrote in message
> >On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:18:30 -0400, Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid>
> >wrote:
>
>>Check for adware.
>>---
>>Leonard Grey
>>Errare humanum est
>>
>>charliec@email.com wrote:
>>> I'm using IE8 on WinXP and when I go to a number of sites, I get a
>>> Netflix pop-up!  I have Pop-up Blocker on, but get this pop-up a lot.
>>> I looked thru Pop-up Blocker Options, but do not see anything to block
>>> certain pop-ups - there is the option to allow pop-ups on certain
>>> sites, but I do not have Netflix listed in there.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts/suggestions on how to disable this pop-ups would be
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Charliec
>
> I do that on a regular basis - I manually run Spybot, SpySweeper, and
> Malwarebytes and have NAV 2010 running in real time.  I have a
> subscription to AdAware, but it gave me so many problems, that I
> uninstalled it.
>
> So far, they have not found anything!

You might try the solution posted by "randtm" in the following thread:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7security/thread/515cd2f1-4567-4964-a1c5-d5280b48508e

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Charliec