How do I selectively delete cookies in ie8.

  • Follow

Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because they
have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think in
previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and vista
where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?

Paul

0
Reply pg123 12/11/2009 12:48:41 PM

IE Options>Browser History>settings>view files puts you in Explorer at the
cookies location.

Frank

"pg123" <pg123@bl.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think in
> previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and vista
> where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?
>
> Paul

0
Reply FrankV 12/11/2009 1:03:43 PM

"FrankV" <vze32975@verizon.net> wrote in message
> IE Options>Browser History>settings>view files puts you in Explorer at the
> cookies location.

Thanks. It doesn't help with the offending site, which is often the way, but
at least I haven't deleted all my cookies to find out.

Paul

> Frank
>
> "pg123" <pg123@bl.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
>> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
>> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think
>> in previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and
>> vista where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?
>>
>> Paul

0
Reply pg123 12/11/2009 2:39:48 PM

"FrankV" <vze32975@verizon.net> wrote in message news:e56nQPmeKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> IE Options>Browser History>settings>view files puts you in Explorer at the
> cookies location.

That works in XP but may not work in Vista or W7 because of
security/obscurity and their new  \Low  subdirectory.   In that case
actually navigating in the Cookies directory may be necessary.
E.g. Run...  (press Win-R and enter:)  shell:Cookies  to start that.

In fact, the OP  *is* using Vista.

Now you know why we often insist on knowing the OS before
answering a question.   ; )

FYI

Robert
---

> Frank
>
> "pg123" <pg123@bl.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
>> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
>> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think in
>> previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and vista
>> where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?
>>
>> Paul

0
Reply Robert 12/11/2009 3:44:28 PM

With a tool like CCleaner, you can have a list of cookies to always save and
the rest will be deleted when you run the program.

CCleaner:
http://www.ccleaner.com/
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"pg123" <pg123@bl.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think in
> previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and vista
> where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?
>
> Paul

0
Reply Bruce 12/11/2009 3:57:30 PM

> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think
> in previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and
> vista where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete
> them?

I use Cookie Monster:

http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/CookieMonster.php
0