How do I selectively delete cookies in ie8.

Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because they
have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think in
previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and vista
where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?

Paul

0
pg123

IE Options>Browser History>settings>view files puts you in Explorer at the
cookies location.

Frank

"pg123" <pg123@bl.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think in
> previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and vista
> where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?
>
> Paul

0
FrankV
12/11/2009 1:03:43 PM
"FrankV" <vze32975@verizon.net> wrote in message
> IE Options>Browser History>settings>view files puts you in Explorer at the
> cookies location.

Thanks. It doesn't help with the offending site, which is often the way, but
at least I haven't deleted all my cookies to find out.

Paul

> Frank
>
> "pg123" <pg123@bl.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
>> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
>> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think
>> in previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and
>> vista where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?
>>
>> Paul

0
pg123
12/11/2009 2:39:48 PM
"FrankV" <vze32975@verizon.net> wrote in message news:e56nQPmeKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> IE Options>Browser History>settings>view files puts you in Explorer at the
> cookies location.

That works in XP but may not work in Vista or W7 because of
security/obscurity and their new  \Low  subdirectory.   In that case
actually navigating in the Cookies directory may be necessary.
E.g. Run...  (press Win-R and enter:)  shell:Cookies  to start that.

In fact, the OP  *is* using Vista.

Now you know why we often insist on knowing the OS before
answering a question.   ; )

FYI

Robert
---

> Frank
>
> "pg123" <pg123@bl.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
>> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
>> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think in
>> previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and vista
>> where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?
>>
>> Paul

0
Robert
12/11/2009 3:44:28 PM
With a tool like CCleaner, you can have a list of cookies to always save and
the rest will be deleted when you run the program.

CCleaner:
http://www.ccleaner.com/
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"pg123" <pg123@bl.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think in
> previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and vista
> where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them?
>
> Paul

0
Bruce
12/11/2009 3:57:30 PM

> Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a
> problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because
> they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think
> in previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and
> vista where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete
> them?

I use Cookie Monster:

http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/CookieMonster.php
0
Fuzzy

Deleting e-mail
I am having trouble deleting my deleted e-mail. I just installed Nortin Anti Virus. That is when my problem started. Is there any connection or could you possible help me? Thanks Sandy Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using (I see you're using Windows Mail to post to the newsgroup: is that what you're using for e-mail as well?) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

deleting email in outbox
I tried to send video clip via email and it went to my outbox to send because of large file size and it wont send. I also can't delete it. All other emails I try to send go to my outbox. Help! Thanks... See if the info here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "mr_networking" <mr_networking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C69F3C-D128-454F-BA97-115ACB67DC55@microsoft.com... >I tried to send video clip via email and it went to my outbox to send >because > of large file size and it wont send. I also can't delete...

Can't delete menu button
I created a menu button (same row as File, Edit, View, etc..). It is assigned to a macro for a spreadhseet I was using. I no longer need the spreadsheet or the menu button, how do I get rid of the button? Tried & tried - no luck Any suggestions? -- Ltat42a ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24735 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482870 Ltat42a, right click on the menu bar then right click on the button, delete -- Paul B Alway...

deleted emails 02-15-10
All emails in my Outlook Express inbox have been deleted, any idea how these can be restored? "Suzi Wong" <Suzi Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2405E04-E00C-40EB-B3D2-47D5CFFD3C46@microsoft.com... > All emails in my Outlook Express inbox have been deleted, any idea how these > can be restored? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. This one's for Office Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

Recover Deleted Bug?
We have Outlook/Exchange 2003 and the users are running in cached mode. When a user recovers a deleted item from their deleted items folder it does not show up in their mailbox. If you look at the syncronization settings there is 1 item now on the server and 0 in the folder. The item does not come down to the client even if you press F9. If you go into your Outlook web access the file is there but not on the client. If you take the user out of cached mode it works every time. I have narrowed it down to a policy problem. When you set the policy, Emptytrash 1 (Empty Deleted Items Upon Exiting) ...

how to ensure that the chart will be deleted after i delete data
i want that the chart i have created from my data should be deleted after i delete the data and there should be no blank chart or legents visible. This is not a native Excel feature. If you programmatically create the chart, you could programmatically delete it with the data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Sagar Bhandari wrote: > i want that the chart i have created from my data should be deleted after i > delete the data and there should be no blank chart or legents visible....

Upgrade to IE8 should be Optional Update not Important till it wor
IE8 constantly crashes compared to IE7. Once you finally got IE7 to work you came out with IE8 which doesn't work. Why not have a version WORK properly rather than consantly creating new unworkable versions? I have had to downgrade to IE7 on all of my computers and now on Windows Uprade you are trying to FORCE me to uprade to IE8 by listing it as an IMPORTANT update when it is important to me to not have my browser crash constantly. It should be an OPTIONAL update only... because of this I have had to set my windows update files to NOT automatically install important ...

select text in Calendar

PostNcDestroy delete this; ?
So, modeless dialog boxes are recommended to call PostNcDestroy for clean up. I see how this is a way to let the object clean itself up, but I see problems. I do // create m_pDialog = new CModelessDlg; m_pDialog->Create(...); // clean up delete m_pDialog; I think my way works, and is better, because, if you use the PostNcDestroy cleanup, what happens if the above call fails in Create ? The object has been allocated using new, but window has not beeen created, and so PostNcDestroy won't be called. I can put in my DestroyWindow of the window creating the modeless dialog: CTheCreating...

Deleted Mailbox/Retention
Hi all, I'm working with an Exchange 5.5 server at the moment, and our client asked us to delete a mailbox (which we did). Now they've decided they want it back. I know Exchange has a deleted item retention that keeps this stuff for 30 days, but I also know this is just meant for replication to other servers - in short, can I work with this stuff? If yes, how do I get it back? If no, is my only option to restore an old backup of the exchange database on another machine, and pull the emails out to *.PST? TIA, user0 user0 wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm working with an Exchan...

Deleting duplicate records 01-21-10
I populated a table using an Append query. I created a duplicate records query using the Wizard. There are 20000 records. Now I need to delete the duplicates out of this query. How do I do that? this may be a duplicate post, im not seeing my first one. anyways, instead of deleting those duplicate records, lets just grab all the records that are not duplicates. (an unmatched query). do a LEFT JOIN from your main table to your duplicate table/query on primary keys. Choose your primary key from the DUPLICATE table, and set the criteria to Is Null. This will pull ALL Recor...

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

Test that can be deleted
This is a test to see if my suggestion will be posted - it can be deleted ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=07b1bacc-e28d-4886-ad45-7c1582d46ba6&dg=microso...

Deleting Check Boxes
I have a series of 52 check boxes in 52 Rows, I now want to delete all of them. I've tried deleting the column, but the check boxes don't actually disappear. How do I delete them all without having to go into each one and deleting them. I've tried Edit-Go To-Special-Objects, but I've other Check boxes in the same sheet which I don't want to delete. Also how can I uncheck all 52 check boxes (that have ticks in them) in one procedure Thanks Hi John, If by 'procedure' you mean VBA, then to untick the check boxes, try: '=============>> Sub Untic...

Select Records based another table...

How do delete Hidden Macros and excel links
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of an add-in that would delete hidden macros or excel links. I remember there being one but forgot where to download it for free. Thanks. Hi LT! To remove all code from a workbook: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm You need to look for the heading: "Deleting All VBA Code In A Project " To remove links you can use freely downloadable Addin FindLink from: Steve Bullen hosted: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...