Homepage keeps trying to change

  • Follow

Suddenly, something keeps trying to change my homepage in IE8 and Mozilla
from what I always use to http://www.googlebreak.com/?=3&pid=stv.
Fortunately, WinPatrol warns me and I can prevent the change from taking
place.

I can't seem to get an answer out of Google, so I was wondering if anyone
here had this happen, and maybe knows a way to fix it.

Thanx,

Buddha

0
Reply Tom 2/6/2010 2:43:32 AM

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

"Tom Ponta" <thomasponta@att.net> wrote in message
> Suddenly, something keeps trying to change my homepage in IE8 and Mozilla
> from what I always use to http://www.googlebreak.com/?=3&pid=stv.
> Fortunately, WinPatrol warns me and I can prevent the change from taking
> place.
>
> I can't seem to get an answer out of Google, so I was wondering if anyone
> here had this happen, and maybe knows a way to fix it.
>
> Thanx,
>
> Buddha

0
Reply Bob 2/6/2010 4:26:05 AM