Homepage keeps trying to change

Suddenly, something keeps trying to change my homepage in IE8 and Mozilla
from what I always use to http://www.googlebreak.com/?=3&pid=stv.
Fortunately, WinPatrol warns me and I can prevent the change from taking
place.

I can't seem to get an answer out of Google, so I was wondering if anyone
here had this happen, and maybe knows a way to fix it.

Thanx,

Buddha

0
Tom

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

"Tom Ponta" <thomasponta@att.net> wrote in message
> Suddenly, something keeps trying to change my homepage in IE8 and Mozilla
> from what I always use to http://www.googlebreak.com/?=3&pid=stv.
> Fortunately, WinPatrol warns me and I can prevent the change from taking
> place.
>
> I can't seem to get an answer out of Google, so I was wondering if anyone
> here had this happen, and maybe knows a way to fix it.
>
> Thanx,
>
> Buddha

0
Bob

Homepage refresh
Where can I find the settings for the timing of the refresh for the Homepage ? We have a User in GP 10.0 whose Homepage does not refresh unless he manually clicks the Refresh button. Sue, The homepage is programmed to refresh automaticall every 60 minutes. There isn't a setting (as far as I can tell) that can be changed to achieve shorter periods of refreshing. In addition, the homepage does not automatically refresh (for obvious technical reasons), leaving the Refresh button as the only mechanism to achieve immediate refreshing of the data. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez,...

why do i keep getting task error messasages when sending mail
none of my messages are sent. task errors pop up and say 0 of 1 task completed In news:5724E461-F627-493E-AC31-56BBA3BD4511@microsoft.com, melynda <melynda@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > none of my messages are sent. task errors pop up and say 0 of 1 task > completed Hi - When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details. Be sure to put a consise summary of your question in the subject line, and ...

Sent item setting keeps changing
We are running Outlook 2000 and 2002. We seem to have intermittent problems with the selection for saving sent items changing. It doesn't seem to matter which version. The users in question are not people who would typically go in and play around with settings. It seems to just be changing by itself. I can't find anything that says it's a bug with both versions. Any suggestions? We're running E2k sp3. What is it changing to? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

Has anyone figured out how to change the views in the Workplace?
I would like to add/remove columns in the Queus view's/My work etc. Has anyone been able to figure out how to? All other views can be changed without problems. Thanks in advance. //Kristian There is currently no "supported" way of doing this. Aaron Elder =============================================== Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Core Application Development Team =============================================== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Kristian" <Kristian@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Trying to give Leads and Opportunities Parent Accounts
We want to assign certain Leads and Opportunities to Value-Added Resellers (VARs). I thought I could add the accountid schema to the Lead and Opportunity records and then map the accountid schema name from Lead to Account and from Opportunity to Account. I've published these changes. When I attempt to customize the Lead form to add this new Parent ID field, I don't see the accountid choice. I don't want to use the Assign to another User because the VAR is not a CRM user. Another thing - In Deployment Manager under Leads, Attributes, I see the name accountid and the de...

M05 Portfolio Avg Cost Changes
The average cost of one investment in the portfolio changed for no apparent reason. This throws all of the extended calculations out for that investment which is abit annoying Thanks in advance In microsoft.public.money, Apteryx wrote: >The average cost of one investment in the portfolio changed for no apparent >reason. This throws all of the extended calculations out for that investment >which is abit annoying See if you have had any recent transactions for that investment. One handy way to look for that is to right-click the holding in the portfolio, and choose SeeInvestment...

Hiding formula but allow changes
I created a spreadsheet that I want to share. It allows users to make calculations and create several different financial forms when adding data on one worksheet. I want users to be able to insert data but not see the formula. If I hide the cell then protect the worksheet you can't change the data. Is this possible? If I understand you correctly you want the users to be able to input values in cells that are refered to by the formulas but hide the formulas so they cannot see the formulas just the result? If so you can select all cells that you want the users to be able to chang...

Charts keep Shrinking
I refresh data every month and some of my Excel charts tied to the data are shrinking when I go to print them. I'm wasting hours trying to view at 200% so I can grab a resize handle and reformatting them all. Please help. Tell me there is an upgrade to fix this glitch! ...

catalog merge font changes
I am using Publisher 2003 to create a high school directory. The date is in an excel file. Using the Merge Wizard, I created the template. At the "Preview" step, the data is in Arial, which I want. Then I "Complete the merge" and create a new document. In that document, all the data is then in Times New Roman, same font size. This particular problem didn't show up in Troubleshooting. How can I fix this? Thank you, Julia Skiles In the merge text box in Publisher, change the font to Arial. High-light the field, for example >>name<< change to Ar...

Calculating Interest where rate changes per quarter
A tax liability has been found, for simplicity say it is three years old. The tax authority announces its Interest rates per quarter, and often change. To calculate the accrued interest due after three plus years, has does one go about that? The samples all seem to suggest a constant interest rate. If only it were that simple. Hi, I think you will have to calculate it based on each of the quarterly changes over the past three years. The Tax Office does not do "averages". you will have to setup a table based on quarterly rates: September 2001 22%, December 2001 20%, and s...

OWA problems after changing default SMTP E-Mail Addresses
Any ideas about the following problem we just started having with OWA? Environment: We're running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 on the back end and we have OWA running on another Windows Server 2003 system in the DMZ. We recently acquired razamicro.com and we wanted to make a site wide change of the default SMTP reply-to address for all our employees. (for discussion, the company's long name is companylong.com and the short name is company.com) To do this we used Exchange System Manager and went to the following path: Site: Recipients: Recipient Policies: Properties for ou...

Change format of printout
Is it possible to change the column spacing/what is printed on a report? Also is it possible to change the columns that are printed out when printing out a checkbook? Thanks in advance. marvo Have you played with the customization settings for the report you are using. There's some control there over column width and columns to be displayed. But that's about all the control you can have. If you want more, you end up exporting the data through one of several means (a report exported to .CSV or MoneyLink) and then using something like Excel to make it the way you want it. &quo...

How to handle make us your homepage and Bookmark us in vc++
Hi I want to have a buttons on my toolbar which will be having the caption as "Make Us Your Homepage" and "Bookmark Us".But how to do that in VC++.Can anybody help me with code Plz? What type of app is it? Where is the toolbar? Are you trying to change homepage (which browser) from an external app? Is your app a BHO? --- Ajay <bhattacharjeesoft@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1183528055.803586.71570@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I want to have a buttons on my toolbar which will be having the > caption as "Make Us Your Homepage" ...

XML cannot be opened, try again, opens?
Greetings all, my first post to microsoft.public.excel. I have created about 30 xml spreadsheets. To create the sheets I saved a workbook as XML. I removed the "ss:ExpandedRowCount=". Choppped the XML file into a header & footer & my application supplies from <row> to </row> in the middle. Most of the files load okay but about 1 in ten comes up with a 'Cannot open XML' message from Office Assistant. The thing is, I go back to File Explorer, press enter to load the same file & it loads just fine into Excel. Im running Excel 2003 (11.80.12.6568) SP2 o...

Folder Homepage
Hi, I'm currently developing a folder homepage for Outlook 2002, but it seems there is little information available on how to create such a homepage. Well, I got some code running, extracting contact-informations using javascript. But I seem to have one problem: I have several ipm.document.xml items in one folder, and I want to apply an XSLT stylesheet on these xml documents ... but how do I do it? Well I do know how to use XSLT and XML (MSXML), but how do I access the xml in the document-items? Seems the only way is by saving the attachment to the filesystem and the using the load metho...

GP 10Cost Change History Report
Hello, Has anyone experienced data issues with the Cost Change History report within GP 10? We have experienced an issue where an item number "Previous Cost" seems to be inherited from the previous item number "Updated Cost". Example: Item Number Previous Cost Updated Cost ABC $5.00 $10.00 XYZ $10.00 $90.00 The issues we see are this extreme, $10.00 to $90.00. We know the cost of XYZ has never been set to $10.00. These date issues can be seen throughout the report. We have also s...

DX50 Codec ? Change file preferences in WMP 9?
Hello, Recently re-installed XP Pro after a bad MB. I am still using WMP 9 and I get messages saying I need a "DX50" codec to play some files. Even though these same file types were listed when I installed the program. Two questions..... 1/ Where do I get the DX50 codecs ( that are guaranteed to work ) :) 2/ Where in WMP 9 can I DESELECT some of the file types I chose when I first ran it? I can't seem to find that option anywhere in the program. Thank you, Tinsby Tinsby wrote: > 1/ Where do I get the DX50 codecs ( that are guaranteed to work...

Windows keeps on creating new profiles
Hi, About 4 months ago, I set up three email profiles on my computer. Over the last month, I notice that new profiles (called "pstloadtmpXXX" where XXX is a three digit number) continue to build up. Right now, I have 90 email profiles that have the pstloadtmpXXX name. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it from continuing? It goes without saying that it takes a long time to delete 90 profiles individually so if anyone has any ideas about how to delete these profiles all at once, that would be terrific. Thanks ...

Change Field Formats Programmatically
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to programmatically change a date/time field's format to medium from a stand alone EXE. Basically I have many MDB's in a folder each with multiple tables each of which have multiple date/time fields. I want to create an EXE (maybe in c#\vb.net\vb6) that can get all the mdb file --> read all the tables --> read all the fields and update the field format to medium for those that are date\time fields. I can find a lot of VBA code for access, but not for what I need to do and VBA is not really what I need. I did have (can't find right now...

"Important" update keeps wanting to install again
I keep getting offered "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB981852)" even though I've already installed it. In fact, when I go to update history, it shows that the update was successfully installed 10 times since 8/12/2010. (That's every time I've turned the computer on since then!) Anybody know how to get Windows Update to stop offering this update. I've tried the "unchecking" the box but that doesn't seem to work. TIA! Gary Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html "Gary" &...

Change the Author Name in Comments
How/where do I change the name that appears when I insert a comment? Is it the name of the person registered to Office? If so, how do I change it? Can I make it the name of the user that is logged on to the computer? I found my name in the Registry in two places but I didn't want to change it there. Also, can I change the font too? Dan I was actually looking for an answer to this question earlier this morning. I wan't to completely remove the default comment text altogether. I found out that microsoft's help says that isn't possible. But to just change your name i...

Handling DPI changes in my vb6 app
Hi All I have created a multiple form app (only shows 1 form at a time though!) and it looks and works fine on most Win2000 - 7 machines. However, if a machine has been set up for any other dpi than the default setting of 96dpi (eg 120dpi) then my app has a huge grey appendedge to it and all of the buttons, scrollbars, etc go awol. I have to be a genius with the old mouse and click into nothingness to get the app to quit or do a Ctrl+Alt+Del job. I have to do this as the app is completely unusable yet all other apps seem fine. Did I miss something in programming pre-scho...

xl 2000
Hi :) If I change the colour of one of, say, the bars in a chart, by double clicking on it, the colour of the legend doesn't change. But if I change the legend colour, the chart does. Huh ?? What am I doing wrong ?? Thanks If you click once on a bar, to select the entire series, then change the colour, the legend colour should change. insert your name here wrote: > Hi :) > > If I change the colour of one of, say, the bars in a chart, by double > clicking on it, the colour of the legend doesn't change. But if I change > the legend colour, the chart does. -- ...

Keeping track of useful macros
Being new to visual basic; what is the best way to keep track of useful macros one may want to reuse later on? Any way to organize them in VBE? Best way I know of is to get hold of code librarian that comes with Excel 2000 Developers edition. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "malvis" <malvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BD924B1-7CF2-4D63-8FC3-4DF7CB236510@microsoft.com... > Being new to visual basic; what is the best way to keep track of useful > macros one may want to reuse later on? Any way to organize them...

2007 and homepage
After installing 2007, clicking on myhomepage cause error "operation can not be performed". I must then use ctrl alt del to exit program. Any solutions. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, R Morris wrote: >After installing 2007, clicking on myhomepage cause error "operation can not >be performed". I must then use ctrl alt del to exit program. Any >solutions. Thanks > Go to Tools->Settings->HomePageDisplayOptions and Remove and remove some or all. Add them back, and see when the problem goes away. What module causes the problem? I removed...