Display PDF in browser

Dear All,

How do I enable the 'Display PDF in Browser' option in Internet Explorer 8?
I am trying to submit a PDF document online, but get following error message:
For security reasons your return could not be saved. Please ensure that the
'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit - Preferences -
Internet settings in Adobe Reader.

I have tried to find the PDF option under preferences, but cannot find it.

Many thanks,

Saar

Saar <Saar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> How do I enable the 'Display PDF in Browser' option in Internet Explorer 8?
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I am trying to submit a PDF document online, but get following error message:
> For security reasons your return could not be saved. Please ensure that the
> 'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit - Preferences -
> Internet settings in Adobe Reader.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> I have tried to find the PDF option under preferences, but cannot find it.

You have been looking in Internet Explorer instead of Adobe Reader?
0
Rob
3/20/2010 10:31:20 AM
Hi Saar,

You misread the instructions

"settings in Adobe Reader"

Start Adobe Reader...

Vista/Win 7 - Start>Search  Adobe Reader

.... you will be offered to Open the Adobe Reader Application (not the Adobe
Reader Plugin/Addon for IE)

From the Adobe Reader, follow the instructions.
Please ensure that the
> 'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit - Preferences -
> Internet settings

But I don't think that is the correct error message they are showing you.

There is a security zone setting to include the local path name in file
uploads. This is disabled for Internet Sites by default for security
reasons.
If you really trust the site add it to your trusted sites zone first (where
this security feature is enabled). If they have the incorrect error message
then adding it to your Trusted sites zone should make the error message go
away and you will be able to upload your PDF.

Regards.

"Saar" <Saar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> How do I enable the 'Display PDF in Browser' option in Internet Explorer
> 8?
> I am trying to submit a PDF document online, but get following error
> message:
> For security reasons your return could not be saved. Please ensure that
> the
> 'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit - Preferences -
> Internet settings in Adobe Reader.
>
> I have tried to find the PDF option under preferences, but cannot find it.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Saar

0
rob
3/20/2010 10:39:47 AM
Troubleshoot Adobe Reader installation for Windows
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403923.html

Adobe Reader Support Forum
http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums/adobe_reader

Saar wrote:
> How do I enable the 'Display PDF in Browser' option in Internet Explorer
> 8?
> I am trying to submit a PDF document online, but get following error
> message: For security reasons your return could not be saved. Please
> ensure
> that the 'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit -
> Preferences - Internet settings in Adobe Reader.
>
> I have tried to find the PDF option under preferences, but cannot find it.

0
PA

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Display Time in Outlook

How to select & display distinct values

PK and FK Displayed

MSPub breaks up a print to pdf into 2-page segments.
I have a print-merge with sheets 4-up to a page (a set of name badges with source data from an Excel spreadsheet). When I print to a pdf (using Adobe Acrobat/Distiller 6.0) it creates the first one with the first 8 entries on 2 pages, then proceeds to ask for a new pdf name for the next 2 pages of 8 entries, etc. If there were only 8 or 10 badges involved, we could live with it :) But the number is MUCH greater. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening, and if so, how to change its behaviour? My instinct tells me that this its publisher that's causing it and not Acrobat, ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Convert Doc to PDF keeping hyperlinks & table of contents
I'm trying to convert a MS Word document with multiple table of contents links & hyperlinks to PDF but each time the table of contents links won't work in the PDF format. I have changed the conversion settings to include TOC/Headings but still no joy. Can anyone help me make this happen? Which Word version and what are you using to create the PDF? With Word 2007 and its PDF plug-in, if I set the options: Create bookmarks using headings, check Document structure tags for accessibility and ISO 19005-1 compliant, the TOC links work here. -- <>>< >&l...

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

net display or pole display
We are a small beverage/specialty retailer. We have a requirement to install a customer viewable display. We are using a Pioneer POS that has an available USB and video port. 1. We are thinking of using a small, 7-9" monitor connected to the video port. Can we change the size of the fonts that are used to display pricing? 2. We tried hooking up a flat panel monitor to this port, but it didn't work (even with the net display check boxes activated). I think it is because we did not load drivers for the second monitor. We're a little apprehensive about messing up the touch s...

Arial Font not fixed pitch on display zoom <79%
In Excel 2000, if you use Arial font with a size of 10 pitch, with a View Zoom factor of 79% or below it is displayed as a proportional font. i.e. the number 1 uses less space than the number 8. If you use a zoom factor of greater than 80% it displays as a fixed pitch font. Is there any way to make the font display permanently as fixed pitch, regardless of zoom factor? Arial is always proportional--maybe you meant courier new??? Maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. ...

Displaying zero as 1st digit in zipcode
I'm generating address labels (in Word) from mailing list that's entere into Excel. The zip code is 07040, but it shows up in labels as "7040" I followed the directions & clicked "zip code" in the "format cell dialog box to format that column. I also tried entering it as text zip code printed out as "0" only. I hope you can help - I'm working o deadline. Thanks.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that...

>1 hh displays in minutes. Display in hour+?
Sorry, I've looked everywhere, through google and all my saved spreadsheets but I don't remember enough to have brought up any kind of useful result. I have a spreadsheet that is tracking time. I have the format set to HH:mm:ss and enter 375000, for example, for a 37.5 hh workweek. In the column that deducts for overtime, I have a couple of entries like this: 00:74:00 00:81:00 where 00:74:00 would be better as 01:14:00 for 1 hour and 14 minutes, and 00:81:00 should display as 01:21:00. How can we this be done pls? I don't see how to apply anything in http://www.cpearson.com/...

Account Overview report does not display subaccounts
Hi all, I don't know if I am missing something here but it seems the Account Overview report does not display subaccounts, even after I modify the include/exclude drop down and refresh the report (or click on View Report). I would like to display a hierarchy of subaccounts for the selected parent account. I thought that the Account Overview report was intended to do that! Thanks, Mohamed ...