Display PDF in browser

  • Follow

Dear All,

How do I enable the 'Display PDF in Browser' option in Internet Explorer 8?
I am trying to submit a PDF document online, but get following error message:
For security reasons your return could not be saved. Please ensure that the
'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit - Preferences -
Internet settings in Adobe Reader.

I have tried to find the PDF option under preferences, but cannot find it.

Many thanks,

Saar

0
Reply Utf 3/20/2010 7:54:01 AM

Saar <Saar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> How do I enable the 'Display PDF in Browser' option in Internet Explorer 8?
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I am trying to submit a PDF document online, but get following error message:
> For security reasons your return could not be saved. Please ensure that the
> 'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit - Preferences -
> Internet settings in Adobe Reader.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> I have tried to find the PDF option under preferences, but cannot find it.

You have been looking in Internet Explorer instead of Adobe Reader?
0
Reply Rob 3/20/2010 10:31:20 AM

Hi Saar,

You misread the instructions

"settings in Adobe Reader"

Start Adobe Reader...

Vista/Win 7 - Start>Search  Adobe Reader

.... you will be offered to Open the Adobe Reader Application (not the Adobe
Reader Plugin/Addon for IE)

From the Adobe Reader, follow the instructions.
Please ensure that the
> 'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit - Preferences -
> Internet settings

But I don't think that is the correct error message they are showing you.

There is a security zone setting to include the local path name in file
uploads. This is disabled for Internet Sites by default for security
reasons.
If you really trust the site add it to your trusted sites zone first (where
this security feature is enabled). If they have the incorrect error message
then adding it to your Trusted sites zone should make the error message go
away and you will be able to upload your PDF.

Regards.

"Saar" <Saar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> How do I enable the 'Display PDF in Browser' option in Internet Explorer
> 8?
> I am trying to submit a PDF document online, but get following error
> message:
> For security reasons your return could not be saved. Please ensure that
> the
> 'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit - Preferences -
> Internet settings in Adobe Reader.
>
> I have tried to find the PDF option under preferences, but cannot find it.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Saar

0
Reply rob 3/20/2010 10:39:47 AM

Troubleshoot Adobe Reader installation for Windows
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403923.html

Adobe Reader Support Forum
http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums/adobe_reader

Saar wrote:
> How do I enable the 'Display PDF in Browser' option in Internet Explorer
> 8?
> I am trying to submit a PDF document online, but get following error
> message: For security reasons your return could not be saved. Please
> ensure
> that the 'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit -
> Preferences - Internet settings in Adobe Reader.
>
> I have tried to find the PDF option under preferences, but cannot find it.

0
Reply PA 3/20/2010 3:29:56 PM

(page loaded in 0.09 seconds)