cannot add search provider in IE8

I am trying to add a search provider in IE8 but am unable to.  I click on
find more providers and then go to a page that has a bunch of search
providers ( but when I click the
"Add to Internet Explorer" button beside a search option nothing happens.  I
know a box is supposed to pop up asking me if I want to add the search
provider and make it my default but no such box pops up.  Why would that be?

1. You don't mention an error message, but see:
With Vista or Windows 7, you should run that command from an elevated
command prompt.

2. From Internet Options> Security, select the Internet zone and click the
Default Level button.

3. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on
the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog  Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer´┐Żs (No Add-ons) Mode:

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:

4. With the warning that a reset will delete AutoComplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, use
the Reset IE Settings button in Internet Options> Advanced.

Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
IE PassView- NirSoft:

What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:

5. A third-part security program may be causing the problem. What
third-party security suite or antivirus program is installed?
Hope this helps,

"biff" <> wrote in message
> I am trying to add a search provider in IE8 but am unable to.  I click on
> find more providers and then go to a page that has a bunch of search
> providers ( but when I click
> "Add to Internet Explorer" button beside a search option nothing happens.
> know a box is supposed to pop up asking me if I want to add the search
> provider and make it my default but no such box pops up.  Why would that

How to add 2nd domain to Exchnage
Hi, I have a small office with one Exchange 2003 server currently hosting the domain from my in-house Active Directory. I wish to add another domain that my Exchange server should handle, does anyone know how I would go about it? Add it to the Recipient Policy - it tells Exchange which domains to accept inbound email for, and creates email addresses. If all users in your Org (that get picked up by your existing Recipient Policy) need the additional email address, you can simply add the new domain to the existing Recipient Policy. If intended for different set of users, create a new Recip...

Exporting add-in containing dll functions to other computers
Hello everybody, I developed an add-in for excel 2000 containing wrapper functions for a dll I made as well. Now I'm trying to export this add-in to another computer by copying the add-in to the other computers add-in folder(ie. C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUserName"\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns) and placing the dll I developed to the windows' system32 folder. Even though I do this something goes wrong and I get only an error report #Value! for every function I try to to use. The add-in works just fine on the pc I developed this add-in on. If you have any idea please...

how do i add up time to total hours? #2
Thanks But None Of That Is Working. I Get Either A .233 Or 12:00 Am Any Other Suggestions? Thank -- CRGHTNSOC ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CRGHTNSOCR's Profile: View this thread: What exactly do you want to get? Give some example data and results. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "CRGHTNSOCR" <> wrote in message news:CRGHT...

Add New User
I logined as system administrator and tried to add a new user. Here is what I did: 1. Settings--> Business Unit Settings-->Users-->New User (Create on New User) After filling the new user information and clicking save, an error message came out " Access Denied : You do not have sufficient rights and privilieges to preform this action" Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix the problems? Thanks Are you logging after fresh CRM installation? If yes, You need to first associated License with system administrator. "SPI" wrote: > I logined as sys...

Help needed with Date Add function
I have managed to get myself completey confused please help I am trying to work out my recall time on listed equipment (when is it overdue) Here are my fields [Plant] - with unique ID [Date] - date of last service [Scale] - time in months of next recall (ie 6 or 12) So lets assume its the 1st Jan, I need something to show anything that is due/overdue from the end of the calender month (Jan 31st) using the original service date+time scale which will also pick up those still not sorted from previous months (Dec/Nov etc) - if that makes sense many thanks SELECT Plant, [Date], Sca...

Add GAL to each users Contact list in Outlook 2003
How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. Why not use Offline Address Books? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT blog: ----------------------------------------- <> wrote in message > How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. > In, <> typed: > How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. The GAL is not Outlook ...

Add-In for PivotCharts in Microsoft Excel97 (Urgent)
Hi, I have created some Pivot charts in MS Excel 200 with page level fields. But my customer uses Excel97 and he is not able to see the Page level fields and cannot see different views of data. It seems that Pivot charts were not available in Excel 97. Only Pivot tables were available. Does anyone know of any add-in for Pivot chart that my customer can use in Excel 97 and is able to view the pivot charts as they are available in Excel 2000. or if there is any other workaround, please let me know. I'll appreciate an early response to this message as this is very urgent. Regard...

Make Visio Add-In working in Debug Mode
Hi folks, Unfortunately my Visio Solution crashed during development. There it was possible to start it out of Visual Studio just by hitting the debug button. So I copied the source files to a new system in order to make the devolopment possible again. But if I start Visio and the Add-In there just by debugging it does not register and the Add-In isn't available within Visio. If I build a setup and install my solution it works again. But I'd like to check new functionality in a fast way just by debugging. Any ideas? Would the new machine have .Net Framework 2 installed? If so, put...

Google extended moronic new interface sporting left-side "helpful" column & etc. visual distractions, EVEN to Classic Google - which I previously suggested to all as a soltuion. So my last solution (reverting to Classic at ) no longer works, but here's a new solution which still works! Use these Modified versions of Google (anyone works): Plus, also may still work simply clicking on "Preferences&...

Search for mail in multiple PST files
I have about 90 pst files that I need to search for mail with about a dozen terms and phrases. Outlook will only allow you to search one pst at a time, and I've tried Google Desktop and MS Desktop Search and they are not effectively indexing all the emails, but even if they did I cannot effectively export the results to a file. Does anyone know of a utility or method that would work best for this? or -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange...

searching personel folders with subfolders ticked not finding contacts etc
Hi I have just noticed that the search i often use, which i thought covered all folders does not. if i click personel folders and tick subfolders, it is not finding most contacts, any ideas? thanks tim ...

Cannot Add
I have copied a column of figure from web in my spreadsheet. Now when I try to add up those figure I get the result as Zero. i have formatted them and still I cannot add them up. Any suggestion will be of great help to me. Thanks. My standard answer: ================================================================= Your Numbers don't behave (like numbers) Niek Otten, May 11, 2006 Your numbers sort incorrectly, are not included in SUMs, cause #VALUE! results in formulas, cannot be found in LOOKUPs, etc. In short: Your Numbers look like Numbers, but they re...

Add background music????
How do I add background music to a email. I want it to play a song when the receiving person opens the email I sent to them. Thanks Doug Answered in the general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost! -- Roady [MVP] Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_...

Search for record which needs two search terms
I have a table where the records are uniquely identified by a combination of two fields ChildAOLTermID and PhotoID. I want to use a combo on a form to look up records in the table. In the AfterUpdate event: DoCmd.SearchForRecord , , acFirst, "[ChildAOLTermID] = " & Me.cboFindRecord.Column(0) works but doesn't get me to the precise record I need because the PhotoID side of the record is not being specified. However, if I add that so that the search looks like: DoCmd.SearchForRecord , , acFirst, "[ChildAOLTermID] = " & Me.cboFindRecord.Column(0) And "[Phot...

Have you Tried New Kool Search Engine
Have you Tried New Kool Search Engine - ...

how to add automatic numbering attributes in a customization entit
how to add automatic numbering attributes in a customization entity ? This will involve creating a custom field with the proper type and then via SDK/Javascript to build it. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. "YZQ" wrote: > how to add automatic numbering attributes in a customization entity ? ...

Adobe add-in error
Has anyone recieved an error from publisher like this before. I was just opening publisher and this is what it said "Publisher experienced a serious error the last time the add-in 'acrobat pdfmaker office com addin' was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in? To reactivated this add-in, click About Microsoft Office Publiser on the Help Menu, and then clic Disabled Items" It is a common error. You really don't need the Acrobat icon on your toolbar. This error doesn't affect the PDF printer. Try enabling the PDF maker, it maybe okay now. What are your ...

Add % to a graph
Can you add a % sign to your graph information? I have three rows, 2008, 2007 & % inc/Dec. I can not get the % sign to show on the graph. Where are you wanting this? If as a series legend or an axis title, you can include any text you like. -- David Biddulph "Marie" <> wrote in message > Can you add a % sign to your graph information? I have three rows, 2008, > 2007 & % inc/Dec. I can not get the % sign to show on the graph. The easiest way is to format the ori...

ExceL Options: Add a chart for Box-plot type and Range function
I am a Process Engineer in a semiconductor manufacturing facility. I have 2 suggestions 1. I use extensivelly a range calculation which is simply the maximum value minus the minimum of a population. It would be very useful to have a function (called range) to have it done at once instead of having to type max()-min(). 2. For populations comparisons we use box plots. It would be nice to have a chart type for box plots. Thanks, Sebastian Fishman ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this sugge...

cash back add in
i am looking for a loyalty program where i can give customer a 10% cash back. i like the cash back to apply next month on their card for all the purchased they made this month. i like the happy checks idea from retail hero but instead of sending checks i like to apply the cash back their cards automatically everymonth. that way we dont have to do any work and save their addresses or anything. any advise? thanks, jay ...

Search Contacts Outlook 2003
I have a Contact in a Mailbox that I have FULL Proxy access to, in Outlook 2003. I can see the Contact but when I try to do a Search, i get an Outlook Error. In the Owners Mailbox, the Contact Properties, the "Outlook Address Book" is set to "Show this Folder as an e-mail Adress book" any idea? As well, the Full ERROR is: Error "Outlook could not find the requested contact" the solution I found was to make it an Address Book and this did not work... "zzMHUME" <> wrote in message news:ueAbqgskJHA.1184@TK...

Never mind my previous post. Just figured it out. Sceurity setting was to high. Ron ...

IE8 Add-on Manager Issue
Hi, Just built a new box for a HTPC with Win 7 Pro (32bit), no probs everything working OK. If I try and access my CCTV server (on an XP box in the loft) using IE8, it tries to install an activex control to display the CCTV pictures. IE8 prevents the install and says it's disabled it because of unknown publisher, use Ad-on manager to enable it. When I open add-on manager the activex control is not there, I would have expected it to be listed but disabled, but nothing. Interestingly, on another PC which was Vista and was accessessing the CCTV so it did have the activex con...

Excel Add-ins #2
I have created an Excel Add-in to be used in conjunction with and Execl file that I have also created. More specifically I have created a spreadsheet that in part contains a command button that when pressed calls upon a module (a pop up calendar) that is contained in the .xla file. I copied both the .xls and the .xla file to a floppy disk to be used on my computer at work. (all works fine on my computer at home) At work, I copied the .xla file to the microsoft add-ins folder, and the ..xls in my own folder that is on the hard drive. I can open the .xls file, but when I press the comman...

Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message
When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (, I get the following error message: 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office add-in. I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button. Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem. --Eric Ogawa This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook"