Can't find the "safety" button

 I just installed I.E.8 and can't find the "safety button" so i can change
what to allow and not.

 Also,how do i "quit" a web page without closing windows so i don't have to
open I.E. every time

No worries. Takes a bit to get used to a new way of doing things.

The Safety button is on the Command Bar, to the right of the tabs.

To quit a web page, close its tab.

If you don't see the tabs, make sure tabbed browsing is turned on.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dick wrote:
>  I just installed I.E.8 and can't find the "safety button" so i can change
> what to allow and not.
>
>  Also,how do i "quit" a web page without closing windows so i don't have to
> open I.E. every time
0
Leonard

To safety merge cells without data destroyed, and smart unmerge!
Please download and get a trial on AddinTools Assist from http://www.addintools.com If you merge some cells in Excel, just the data of first cell could be maintained and the data of other cells will be destroyed! Safety Merge of AddinTools Assist to merge the selected cells and maintain all data. Smart Unmerge to unmerge the selected cells and the data in every cell will be split into several cells! Cell Lens Of Data Type render and change the background color of cells according to their data type: Text to yellow, Number to blue, Date&Time to green ... Just cancel this Cell Len...

What is client Safety options in Excel
Hi everyone, I need a help in excel. Could anyone please tell me what is "client safety options" in excel and how to set or unset it...I'm trying to refresh my query in excel and I'm getting this message. My excel sheet is getting data from the Microsoft Analysis Services. Your help will be appreciated. Thanx. Muneeb. "Muneeb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:955001c3ea8b $d98cc160$a001280a@phx.gbl: > .I'm trying to refresh my query in excel and > I'm getting this message. Could you please post the exact error mess...

Thread-safety and STL
Hi, I'm new to the STL and threaded programming generally. I have implemented a couple of functions in a threaded program but they fail occasionally - I think because they are not thread safe. For example I've implemented the "remove_if" function on a vector with a predicate clase. Occassionally the program fails in the predicate due to unallocated memory. How can I make sure the STL stuff is thread-safe? Is there a compiler option/library (VC7), or must I implement some application thread safety through critical sections or similar? I've just implemented the "re...

Safety Scan
XP,Home Edition,SP3 Have tried on and off for a couple of mos to download the safety scan.. Tried both safe and normal mode and still get the error code > 0x08600807...Was recommended by MS Support Services..Would call them back > but they refer me elsewhere and I play ring around the the rosy or is it > posey??Thank you..Nick Back-up any personal data [1] (none of which should be considered 100% trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this! HOW TO d...

windows live family safety option
downloaded your latest "windows live" bundle from microsoft update. it asked whether or not I wanted to add a family safety option. i didn't know what that meant so I let the whole thing install. now that I see what its for - I have no use for it. how can I deinstall the family safety option. the "windows live bundle" changed so much software on my system that I don't see how to back out. so if there is an easier way to just take out the family safety package from my system then I would be happy. Control Panel - Add / Remove Programs . . . ...

CRegkey and thread safety
I have multiple threads potentially making the same reads from the same registry key using CRegKey. Is this thread-safe? What about if I also do writes to that key from these threads? Eric Margheim wrote: > I have multiple threads potentially making the same reads from the same > registry key using CRegKey. Is this thread-safe? What about if I also do > writes to that key from these threads? > > It is thread safe if no thread writes to that key. Otherwise you've got a messy problem, because writing to the registry takes a long time. Normal interthread ...

Newbie: Calling a function and thread safety
Hi, Any local classes and member variables I create within my thread class are thread-safe right? But, I want to call some "utility functions" contained within separate header/cpp files that are not within any class and can be called from several threads. eg utility.h int plus(int *p1, int *p2); utility.cpp int plus(int *p1, int *p2) { return(*p1+*p2); } What must I do to ensure thread safety? Thanks Harry wrote: > int plus(int *p1, int *p2) > { > return(*p1+*p2); > } > > What must I do to ensure thread safety? This function is thread-safe. --...

Can't find the "safety" button
I just installed I.E.8 and can't find the "safety button" so i can change what to allow and not. Also,how do i "quit" a web page without closing windows so i don't have to open I.E. every time No worries. Takes a bit to get used to a new way of doing things. The Safety button is on the Command Bar, to the right of the tabs. To quit a web page, close its tab. If you don't see the tabs, make sure tabbed browsing is turned on. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Dick wrote: > I just installed I.E.8 and can't find the "safety ...

VBA to check Version and Supress safety warning Dailog of Access
We are using mdb designed in MS Access2000 on share basis. The user using MS Access2000 has no prompt of safety warning But the user using MS Access2003 is getting the prompt of safety warning dailog every time he is opening the mdb. I view some help while searching via internet, that found solution to do it manually by making it low security. My requirement below which I want to do it via VBA code which will run by AutoExec Macro: - To check the current version of Access installed on the user PC - IF it is above Access 2000 then it will run the code to supress the warning ...

Excel Client Safety Options
When trying to refresh Pivot Table data, in Excel) (external data, OLAP Cube) I get the following message: "Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source". Do someone know how to get around this? Where can I change secutity settings? I still have a computer with older set-up, Office XP (2002) and that instalation works fine. .. ...

Thread Safety in Views
I have a potentially memory intensive application. I need a few string buffers to hold large strings when updating the screen in OnDraw. Speed is critical and so I'd like to allocate the string buffers and keep them in memory for the life of the view rather than allocate them each time OnDraw is called. This is working fine now; however, I'm concerned about the amount of memory used if the user opens up many views. I think I would like to make my string buffers static to my view class. That way, there would only be one instance of these buffers regardless of the number of views open...

Browser and tab safety
It has been recommended for Internet safety that we open a new browser for sensitive information, and then close it and open another before moving on to other websites. Does a tab work the same way? That is, if I keep a sensitive website on a tab by itself, does it accomplish the same thing, or do I still need to close the browser? Thanks. Windows version? IE version? hepme wrote: > It has been recommended for Internet safety that we open a new browser for > sensitive information, and then close it and open another before moving on > to other websites. Does a tab work ...

Safety Stock should be included in MRP calculations
I see that starting with v7 and continuing through v9 Dynamics the field "Safety Stock" in Item Resource Planning no longer is considered in MRP calculations...WHY??? Safety Stock is Safety Stock. Items that are MRP may also need a safety stock!!! It is a very stupid work around to put the safety stock as an Order Point QTY by Site....Order Point QTY should NOT be included in an MRP calculations...Dynamics logic on these topics is totally backward to all MRP systems I have worked with...that includes the fact that Net Change MRP doesn't even work. ---------------- This ...

Safety Stock
Dear all, I have two tables, and I need to calculate the final stock for periods of time: The first table contains: the item code, the period and the percentual; The second table contains: the item code, the period and the quantity; Table1: Safety Stock item_code period percentual xxxx1 1 1 xxxx1 2 1 xxxx1 3 0,5 It means that I want 2,5 months of safety stock for this item... Table2: Stock Item_code period type quantity xxxx1 200701 INV 100 xxxx1 200702...

[Q] Thread safety and messages
Hiya I have an application which creates a worker thread to handle incoming network data. The thread is created using the Win32 function CreateThread(). When the worker thread a received a piece of data, it sends a message to the main application so it can be processed: void Blah::Callback() { theApp.m_pMainWnd->PostMessage(ID_DATA_READY); } The main window had a handler for this message which retrieves and processes the data. While this has been working fine in my tests, I haven't been able to confirm that this method is guaranteed to be thread safe, ie. avoids the situation w...

Thread Safety
Hi, We have an application that interacts and displays data from the hardware. Since the data arrives asyncronously, we have used the mechanism of call-back functions to update the GUI. However, recently I read somewhere that this is not thread safe as the main dialog thread should not be accessed by a worker thread. Using messages will be cumbersome as we exchange a high no. of parameters between the threads. Can anyone please guide me regarding this ? TIA Regards Suyog I would define a struct to hold all the data. Create a new one when you get some data in. You can the pass the point...

ActiveX safety
Hi, I have my own active X that i need to make "safe" so that the message box "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction" does not appear. I know i can get rid of this message by taking down the security settings of IE, but i dont wish to do this. I read this articl http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/components/activex/security.asp And it mentioned that you can either add some registry entries or implement the IObjectSafety interface. I went to the registr...

Safety Deposit
Good morning / Afternoon all Here is the scenario: In december we received an invoice for rent for $8,000, and a Safety Deposit Note for $8,000 my AP clerk registered the Safety Deposit Note as an invoice in order to create a check from AP module i need to mention that this company uses multicurrency and Dollars are not the Functional Currency (that's why she couldn't create a miscellaneous check in the first place). Now we receive another invoice for rent for $8,000 that its going to be paid with the deposit. My AP clerk registered the Invoice on the module. Right now on GL we don&#...

safety checks?
Hi. I am working in excel 2003 and have monthly spreadsheets with invoices listed. Sometimes an invoice *#* will be repeated on the following month's sheets. I would like to set up excel to show a warning?, print it in red?, or somehow show that it's a duplicate #. Is there a way to do this? It would involve excel being aware of all invoice #'s on all the spreadsheets. This might be in the realm of fanatasy but thought I'd take a shot. :eek: Thank you. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try this site. http://www.beyondtechnology.com/tips020.shtml You do...

thread safety #2
Is it (multithread) safe to access static member (another class pointer) of some class (from multiple threads)? Petar Popara wrote: > Is it (multithread) safe to access static member (another class pointer) > of some class (from multiple threads)? It's not safe in general case, but there are special situations when it is safe. If this pointer is set only once, before other threads can read it then it is safe (all access to data is read, so there's no data corruption). If pointer can be changed while other thread read it then you have to protect its access wh...

Client Safety Options
In Excel I receive an error when I import (with Pivot Table Services) or retrieve "pass through" data from a cube . The error message is "Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source." I receive the same error refreshing a Pivot Table whose data source is file cube (*.cub) These are my Excel Query data: Connection: PROVIDER=MSOLAP.2; Data Source=; Persist Security Info=False; Connect Timeout=60; Source_DSN="Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=Sie00;Data Source=SRV-DB;"; CREATECUBE=...

Windows live safety scanner
I am running windows vista home premium and IExplorer 8 ..I have used the windows live safety scanner many times in the last year..The last couple of times I tried running it I got the following message We're sorry. This version of the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner doesn't work with your Web browser or operating system. It goes on to say that I need to have windows vista and internet explorer...any ideas why this could be happening?? "Mike Naughton" <mrmickeyjr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:EE6B628B-21A5-4CFD-A5E8-8397852C6FFE@microsoft.com...

Windows information safety centre
There is a warning about Windows information safety centre in system tray. It said my antivirus program is incompatible for monitoring and Windows Defender conflicts with my Symantec End Point Protection program. I tried to disable the monitoring and Windows Defender but the warning is still there. Can someone advise me what should I do. I have been using Symantec for over 1 year without any issue but suddenly have such issue. Thanks, Scott Contact Symantec support for assistance with their product. -- -- "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wro...

OT: Occupational safety issues... :-)
Last night I wanted to work on my writing, but I was feeling tired, so I took my laptop and went up to bed, where I worked for about four hours with the laptop resting on my stomach (I was nearly lying flat). It seemed a bit warm but not overly so. This morning I found I had a second-degree burn (a huge blister, the size of a dime) on my stomach. An occupational hazard that I'd never considered... So much for a nice safe profession with the worst hazard being an instrangient bug... Apparently I had only bought the ordinary Hanes undershirts, the kind made from cotton. Next time, I hav...

MRP & Safety Stock
When I run MRP it does not take into account the Safety Stock. A Manufacturing Order is only recommended if there is demand on a Forecast or Sales Order. I need it to recommend a MO if we're below the safety stock, even if there is no demand on a Forecast or Sales Order. Does anyone know how I can get this to work? Thanks. I had the same problem but found out that safety stock field is not calculated, you have to put it in the Order Point Quantity field on the Item Resource Planning screen. that will suggest an MO if the stock level gets below the number you enter there. The s...