Retire assets posting

Hi
I just retired 2 assets, with no proceeds.
After retiring how do I get it to post to the GL?
I click on GL posting and the entry is blank.
So really my GL accounts are still showing the assets...
What I am missing?

Hi Daniela,

Here's what you can do:

1. Verify if retirement entries were created under Inquiry >> Fixed Assets
>> Financial Detail.
2. Pull up each asset and make sure to select the Corporate book. Are there
entries that don't have FATRX batch numbers yet? Is the source doc shows
FARET or something similar?
3. If you see them, take note of the FA period for these entries.

say for example the FA period for these entries say 2010-004, then make sure
that this period will fall in the beginning and ending period you use in the
GL posting window. Try it out and see if something will come up in the GL.

Hope this helps.

Rheiner

"Daniela" wrote:

> Hi
> I just retired 2 assets, with no proceeds.
> After retiring how do I get it to post to the GL?
> I click on GL posting and the entry is blank.
> So really my GL accounts are still showing the assets...
> What I am missing?
Thank you!
for some reason the retirement period was different..
2010-007 intead of period 5..
I found it but I dont know why it happened.

"Rheiner" wrote:

> Hi Daniela,
>
> Here's what you can do:
>
> 1. Verify if retirement entries were created under Inquiry >> Fixed Assets
> >> Financial Detail.
> 2. Pull up each asset and make sure to select the Corporate book. Are there
> entries that don't have FATRX batch numbers yet? Is the source doc shows
> FARET or something similar?
> 3. If you see them, take note of the FA period for these entries.
>
> say for example the FA period for these entries say 2010-004, then make sure
> that this period will fall in the beginning and ending period you use in the
> GL posting window. Try it out and see if something will come up in the GL.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Rheiner
>
> "Daniela" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I just retired 2 assets, with no proceeds.
> > After retiring how do I get it to post to the GL?
> > I click on GL posting and the entry is blank.
> > So really my GL accounts are still showing the assets...
> > What I am missing?

Retire soon. Retire young.
Dear friend hello I'm Sofia Stavropoulou and I'm here to bring you the most amazing news !!! YES it can happen to you too!!! This secret changed my life totally within the last few months. How could I keep it to myself ??? I'm not making millions or anything as crazy yet, but i have so far managed to secure a 2000,00 euros monthly residual income . This has already given another dimension to my life. For ...... just investing half an hour daily. http://iokasti.juvio.com I invite you to have a look and try yourself what I have found to be the most pleasantly surprising th...

Post Code search
Hi everyone, I am new to excel and have been given a task which is currently beyond my capabalities and seek help from all you experts out there. I have about 12000 postcodes in column A and columns B to K contain miscallaneous information relating to each postode, ie name, address, tel, fax etc What I would like is help with a formula whereby I would type in the postcode and the information would search and display the details in columns B to K for that particular postcode. I am aware the easiset option is to use the edit and find function, however ideally I would like to use sheet two for t...

testing posting
Hello, This is a test post. I tried to post a new message a few times but it still did not appear in the posting. Can someone help? Thank You ...

Import to Retirement Fund in Money
Hi, I am trying to import transactions to a 401K fund in Money 2006, but Money does not offer the retirement fund as selection for the import function. Does anybody know how to import the transactions, either as QIF or OFX file? I don't want to type in all the transactions by hand. If Money 2006 does not support the function, does someone know if the recent versions have that feature? Hope that somebody out there has some good information!!! W. Wahn In microsoft.public.money, wolf_wahn wrote: > > >I am trying to import transactions to a 401K fund in Money 2006, but Money ...

account segments and posting account
1. Is it possible to have only one segment of account? 2. Is it ok, if Posting account setup do not have default accounts payable? I think this accounts payable is use as a payable account in Payable Distribution for a vendor, if vendor do not have accounts payable in vendor account maintenance setup. If there is no accounts payable in posting account setup and no vendor accounts payable in vendor account maintenance setup, then which account should we use as payable account for a vendor? 1. Yes, you can have a single segment account number in Dynamics GP 2. If you dont have an accou...

attached error message for my last post
sorry i should have added this Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Have you recently installed anti-virus/anti-spam software? Some such products can cause this problem. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "bo sherman" <kgalvin333@comcast....

Give a warning if a batch doesn't post
Our customer recently found a batch in Batch Recovery that they thought had posted weeks ago. There was an error buried in the batch listing, but they hadn't noticed. Two suggestions from them are to please give a warning message, at least optionally, when a batch doesn't post, and secondly, to print a message at the top (or bottom if necessary) of the batch edit list that indicates that the batch contains errors. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

old posts
Is there a way to view questions posted a month ago? GOOGLE Groups is your best bet -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "Jeff Klein" <jklein@nospam> wrote in message news:OocjG$vTIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to view questions posted a month ago? > On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:29:14 -0600, Jeff Klein wrote: > Is there a way to view questions posted a month ago? How about back to 1981? http://www.groups.google.com then click on Advanced ...

Partial Open Fixed Asset
I have a "Partial Open" fixed asset that was created by the system when staff tried to do a disposal with incorrect amounts. The disposal was undone and the correct asset was retired. We currently have a "partial oepn" asset still on the books & can't seem to find a way to get rid of it. Any ideas? Thanks Merle ...

Fixed Asset Retirement date error
Hi all, I get this message when I try to retire one asset: "Retirement Date must be in or before the current fiscal year for any book." The Corporate book is current year, but the tax books (Federal, AMT, ACRS) are still on previous year as our tax accountants are not done with the tax returns yet. Do I have to wait to retire until ALL my books have the Year End Process routine completed for all books? Thanks, ...

Analytical Accounting SOP Posting Performance
Hi - Are there known issues with SOP Posting when AA is registered and Activated? I've got a customer that posts 30,000 records daily and when they had AA registered and Activated, the post took over 10 hours. When it is not Registered and Activated, the post takes 1/2 hour.... In the future, we had planned on using AA, but if this is standard performance...... ...

Post Create Callout to show web page
Hi. I want to know if it's possible in a post create callout source code, open a new web page where the user can choose aditional information for the entity. What I want to do is show to the user a custom web page, once a appointment is created. Thanks for your help. -- MCP SBS 2003 Hi Joel Showing a custom page would be client side behavior. It can be done using client side JavaScript. A call out is not the place to go for such functionality. Try this: 1. Create a bit field, 'firstLoad' (or something that signifies that the record is being viewed for the first time). S...

Leasing Assets 01-10-10
Hi, Does anyone know how can I manage the leased assets in GP 10, and after the leasing period is finished I can sell it or lease I again to another customer. Any help would be appreciated You can mark if an asset is leased and enter leasing information about them. If you want to sell the asset, you'll need to retire the asset. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Peter" wrote: > Hi, > Does anyone know how can I manage the leased assets in GP 10, and after the > leasing period is finished I can sell it or lease I again to another customer. > Any help wou...

Get paid to post in forums.. #2
myLot promises to pay as you talk on its discussion boards. You can post and reply to whatever topic that you like. to join: http://www.mylot.com/?ref=blogger1 The following is taken from their website: ****************************** How does this work? We have implemented a system to give everyone who uses the internet the ablity to make money. The idea is pretty simple - if you contribute to the myLot Community - whether it is by posting a new discussion, responding to a current discussion, commenting on a current discussion, or referring friends, you earn money. Our goal is t...

Outlook 2003 can not post to newsgroup
I have switched from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2003. When I hit the send button, I get the dialog box saying it is going to send the post to the entire newsgroup. Then an empty dialog box pops up with a bubble with an I in the middle (like information) and 3 buttons. This is now happening in Outlook Express also. There is nothing in the box but the I. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Peggy Peggy Y. Phillips <yeahcamp91@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have switched from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2003. When I hit > the send button, I get the dialog box saying it is going ...

Automatically Posting Transactions in GP 9
I am using Windows Scheduler, a .bat file, a GP Macro, and VBA to automatically post Inventory Transactions in GP v 9. The scheduler calls a .bat file that calls the macro that logs into GP, opens Inventory Series Posting, marks the batches, and then posts. This all works just fine. The problem I am having is shutting GP down after the posting process is complete. I am using SendKeys "%{F4}" (I know you can also use the Macro to do this but if there's nothing to post then it will never get to that step so I chose to use SendKeys instead) to perform that function which works p...

Saving Posts Questions & Answers In My Computer
Is there any way I can save in my computer some of the topics except using copying and pasting in Word? I would like to have a reference source I can search electronically in my own computer. There seems to be only Print or Clipboard but no Save As options in the window were topics are questioned and answered. Please advise what is the best way to do the above. Thanks. What are you using as your newsreader? I am using Outlook Express. I can create a folder in my "Local Folders" and click and drag any post into it. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Enrique&q...

Smartlist builder
Under the Asset Book screen (fixed assets), one can drill into the YTD Depreciation field to see the depreciation amounts that were posted for each period. What I would like to do is create a Smartlist that will allow me to pull the amounts for the period that I place in the criteria. I'm looking for the table name where I would find that information. Any ideas? Thanks FA00902. I've been inside that table many times :) Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Fixed Assets Retire & undo Retire Errors
I get the following message when retiring a Fixed Asset: Return Code 16 (End of File) on Script FA_Retire_Asset. and, then, the FA Inquiry shows the Asset Status as Retired. Now, when I go to Retire Undo to retire this asset; I get the following error: Return Code 2 on script FA_Get_Period_Info. Date: 0/0/0000 The error Log displays the following: 2/10/2006 6:37:23 PM FA_Get_Period_Info Return Code 2 on script Calculate_GL_Period Date: 0/0/0000 How do I fix these errors so it would unretire and then retire wothout any errors. Hey Shariq, It is a pleasure to switch roles...

I've may have posted to incorrect group
Hi all We use exchange in a Front-end/Backend environment. We use the front-end for OWA access. I've given a user send as permission to a public folder and although they can send as within outlook they cannot send as via OWA - reply/reply all/forward buttons are all greyed out. I've read you need a front-end server for this to work as we have one what am I doing wrong for this not to work. Wayne On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:18:53 -0000, "wmb" <wmb2003@uk2.net> wrote: >Hi all > >We use exchange in a Front-end/Backend environment. We use the front-end >for ...

retirement Matching
how do i enter my 401k matching transaction? Thanks Dave See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q14. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079901c3b3a5$23010130$a101280a@phx.gbl... > how do i enter my 401k matching transaction? > Thanks Dave ...

Automatic posting of a warning sign
I am working on excel spreadsheet with formulas and functions. I want to know if there is a way to warn someone to use the right formula for a particular allocation that a person will be doing. A pop-up message will satisfy the need. Or is there a way to premanently install it in the system ? Please let me know Thanks Sid Just to add to Debra's excellent advice, there is no method outside of macros that will look at the formula a user enters. Data validation can look at the value returned by a formula, but it seems you would have to know the range of the right answer at least ...

SOP Document Stataus vs Posting Status
In Sales Order Processing does anyone know the difference between the document status and the posting status? For many of our documents the document status reads posted and the posting status reads unposted. I'm having a difficult time figuring out what these two fields represent. I would appreciate any input. Thanks so much! -- Dawn Knight Industries Northfield, Illinois The posting status should pertain to the posting status. It is 0 for unposted and 1 for posted. If it's in SOP10100, it should have 0. The SOP Status should pertain to the various workflow status options f...

When is 70-431 going to be retired?
Anyone know the answer to the above? -- Sheldon The Microsoft policy for exam retirement is modeled on the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy for technology releases. In accordance with this policy, exams will be retired when the related technologies are no longer included in Microsoft mainstream support. You can read more about Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifepolicy FYI: The mainstream support for SQL Server 2000 was ended on April 8, 2008. The exams of the previous version (SQL Server 2000) was retired last year (March 31, 2009)...

Fixed Asset Retirement
The fixed asset has been fully depreciated through the end of the month. It now has an NBV of 0, and the flag for fully depreciated is Y. When I then try to retire it on the last day of the month, I expect my result will be a debit to the accumulated depreciation account, and a credit to the fixed asset account. However, what actually happens is that the depreciation for the final month reverses, and the retirement appears to have occured in the prior month. Do I have something set up wrong? ------=_NextPart_0001_2065BA07 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Li...