Posting Receivables Cash Receipts - Error updating permanent records

Hello,
I have a Cash Receipt batch with 2 Cash Receipts Transactions. One of
them managed to be posted but the other keeps giving me error - [An
error occured when updating permanent records. Transaction will not
post.] and the batch goes into Recovery. I tried posting from
Transaction level but getting the same error.

Other cash receipts batches posted without any problem.

Can any one give me a clue why this can happen?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

May
-1
Ymay

can't receive e-mails
When I try to receive emails I get a security box appear asking me for my user name and password. I type in the information, the box disappears only to reappear a few seconds later. An error message then appears - Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR login failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92. I can send, just not receive I have checked all the usual settings and everything appears okay. Under Tools - Servers, I have made sure that "log on u...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

Receiving duplicates
My inbox is being inundated with duplicates of every email received. This was not occuring yesterday. What has changed? Is this an error that I can fix? Or, is there something causing this, such as a bug? Addendum to my original message. I am using Outlook 2000, with the downloaded service pack updates. I have not changed anything, rules, etc., prior to the duplicates beginning to appear today. Please, would someone instruct me on how to alleviate this problem? Thank you for your support. >-----Original Message----- >My inbox is being inundated with duplicates of every emai...

Can I set up a phone log for each call received?
yes -- David Biddulph "Nicky" <Nicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:245737AB-ACAE-4339-97E2-893A818E6B4A@microsoft.com... > ...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

importing graphic file msgbox flashes when changing records, turn
I have developed a form that uses the VBA code from the Employees Form in the Northwind database. The path of any graphic file (.jpg, .png, or .bmp) I choose is added to my main table and the graphic is displayed in an imageframe object on the form. I have noticed when I change from one record to another, that a msgbox announcing the image's path is being imported flashes briefly in the center of the form right before the image appears in the imageframe area. This does not happen when the file type is a .bmp file but it does for any other type. For a small file (12K or so...

FW: Check this critical update for Internet Explorer
--ibaaosechuybrjxzq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kxpkzpwlmm"; type="multipart/alternative" --kxpkzpwlmm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zsvvidutwtxuf" --zsvvidutwtxuf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Online Updates?
I have a 401k through my employer with Merill Lynch. The web site that I must go to to log in is not the website that money goes to. Is there any way to update my account information online if this is the case?????? You might try ensuring you have the correct financial institution selected for that account. Contact your FI's online banking dept for info on what FI you should select when setting up for online services. "briancrosier" wrote: > I have a 401k through my employer with Merill Lynch. The web site that I > must go to to log in is not the website that m...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

What is Office 10.1.7 vs. Update 11.2.5?
I upgraded my Office to 11.2.5 this morning and the following blurb shows up this evening on MacFixIt. I am really confused? Maybe the MacFixIt blurb is regarding an older version of Office? aRKay -------------------- Title: Office v.X 10.1.7 released: Security refinements Date: Tuesday, July 11 2006 @ 06:00 PM PDT Read the full article at http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060711190159860 -------------------- In article <REMOVEarkay-0036AF.20521112072006@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>, aRKay <REMOVEarkay@qsl.net> wrote: > I upgraded my Office to 11.2.5 this mor...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

HELP: Starting a cascading combo with no records!
The purpose of this is that In a form I have two bound combo boxes: Combo 1 is for customer name and Combo 2 is for first line of address. Combo 1 source: tble_customer Combo 2 source: tble_branch Each customer can have many branches I have inserted VBA into the "not in list" event in the form to add customer names to "tble_customer" which works fine. I created an append query that would append combo 1 and combo 2 to "tble_branch" but I get a key violation. How can I otherwise make sure the address I type goes with the correct customer name. I've...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

Cant update IMF with exchange 2003 SP2
Hi. Im trying top upate the IMF of exchange 2003 sp2 and cannot. Ive followed article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=907747 Ive added the ContentFilterState reg key. You can also manually install the Intelligent Message Filter update by browsing the Microsoft Update site, scanning for updates, and then selecting the Intelligent Message Filter update. but no IMF update appears in the list. Ive not installed WSUS here yet. am waiting for a new server. Has anyone else had this issue ? or can someone tell me where to find a copy of the IMF-KB907747-2005.12.14-x86.exe file ...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

Status stay on "Wating to update folders"
hi all (exc2003 and xp pro) I have a user who's mailbox was 100MB and she had a archive folder of about 1.5G. I took of the limit from her mailbox and moved all the mail from the archive mailbox to her exchange mailbox. Her exchange mailbox is now approx 1.6G. This morning is the first time when she tries to log on after i moved all her mail to her exchange mailbox and the status in the bottom right hand corner stays on "Waiting to update folders" for the past hour now. I have restarted also but nothing happens. However if i log onto her OWA interface i see todays mail ly...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...