FRx Changing Fiscal Years

  • Follow

Client has decided to change fiscal year from Oct-Sep to Jan-Dec. I changed
the fiscal year for 2010 and 2009. For 2009 they will have a 15 month year. I
ran reconcile GL for 2009 and 2010. Frx is not picking up the correct fiscal
periods. it has November 2009 as 11/29/09 as opposed to 11/30/09 even though
in fiscal period setup it is 11/30/09. The balances for Sep do not agree with
the balances for Sep prior to the switch. Are there some other tables I have
to update to complete this change?
0
Reply Utf 12/11/2009 2:33:01 PM

You may need to rename the .G32 files in the FRx Sysdata directory, which
will rebuild when Frx is relaunched.

Mick

"Rich Wheeler" wrote:

> Client has decided to change fiscal year from Oct-Sep to Jan-Dec. I changed
> the fiscal year for 2010 and 2009. For 2009 they will have a 15 month year. I
> ran reconcile GL for 2009 and 2010. Frx is not picking up the correct fiscal
> periods. it has November 2009 as 11/29/09 as opposed to 11/30/09 even though
> in fiscal period setup it is 11/30/09. The balances for Sep do not agree with
> the balances for Sep prior to the switch. Are there some other tables I have
> to update to complete this change?
0
Reply Utf 12/14/2009 12:39:01 AM

We made the switch in this last year also from a fiscal to a calendar year.
Be sure to look at the Fixed Asset calendar.  We had a short year for GL
which made the GL calendar & the FA calendar off.  When I close 2009, I will
needto do smoe re-builds of calendars to get them to be back in sync

"Rich Wheeler" wrote:

> Client has decided to change fiscal year from Oct-Sep to Jan-Dec. I changed
> the fiscal year for 2010 and 2009. For 2009 they will have a 15 month year. I
> ran reconcile GL for 2009 and 2010. Frx is not picking up the correct fiscal
> periods. it has November 2009 as 11/29/09 as opposed to 11/30/09 even though
> in fiscal period setup it is 11/30/09. The balances for Sep do not agree with
> the balances for Sep prior to the switch. Are there some other tables I have
> to update to complete this change?
0
Reply Utf 1/5/2010 1:34:02 PM

(page loaded in 0.033 seconds)