FRx Changing Fiscal Years

Client has decided to change fiscal year from Oct-Sep to Jan-Dec. I changed
the fiscal year for 2010 and 2009. For 2009 they will have a 15 month year. I
ran reconcile GL for 2009 and 2010. Frx is not picking up the correct fiscal
periods. it has November 2009 as 11/29/09 as opposed to 11/30/09 even though
in fiscal period setup it is 11/30/09. The balances for Sep do not agree with
the balances for Sep prior to the switch. Are there some other tables I have
to update to complete this change?

You may need to rename the .G32 files in the FRx Sysdata directory, which
will rebuild when Frx is relaunched.

Mick

"Rich Wheeler" wrote:

> Client has decided to change fiscal year from Oct-Sep to Jan-Dec. I changed
> the fiscal year for 2010 and 2009. For 2009 they will have a 15 month year. I
> ran reconcile GL for 2009 and 2010. Frx is not picking up the correct fiscal
> periods. it has November 2009 as 11/29/09 as opposed to 11/30/09 even though
> in fiscal period setup it is 11/30/09. The balances for Sep do not agree with
> the balances for Sep prior to the switch. Are there some other tables I have
> to update to complete this change?
We made the switch in this last year also from a fiscal to a calendar year.
Be sure to look at the Fixed Asset calendar.  We had a short year for GL
which made the GL calendar & the FA calendar off.  When I close 2009, I will
needto do smoe re-builds of calendars to get them to be back in sync

"Rich Wheeler" wrote:

> Client has decided to change fiscal year from Oct-Sep to Jan-Dec. I changed
> the fiscal year for 2010 and 2009. For 2009 they will have a 15 month year. I
> ran reconcile GL for 2009 and 2010. Frx is not picking up the correct fiscal
> periods. it has November 2009 as 11/29/09 as opposed to 11/30/09 even though
> in fiscal period setup it is 11/30/09. The balances for Sep do not agree with
> the balances for Sep prior to the switch. Are there some other tables I have
> to update to complete this change?

Changing TabStop programmtically
Hell, Is it possible to change tab order on a dialog in run time ? Can you please point to resoures ? Thanks "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eyGxG$$pEHA.868@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hell, > > Is it possible to change tab order on a dialog in run time ? > > Can you please point to resoures ? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cwnd.3a3a.setwindowpos.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Use SetWindowPos to change the Z-order of controls. Z-order is same as tab order. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++...

Unable to change password
When changing the Exchange account password using Outlook 2K SP3 with patch, the following error message is encountered: "Your Windows NT password could not be changed. Please check the information and try again." Here is what we have done: We have checked and tried the methods in the following articles. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324977 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;236111 But when we try on another PC (same OS and settings) that can change password, it is successful. So we suspect the problem is on the PC side instead of network/domain side. ...

How do I change
When typing long text into the cell page break is not dividing it, so as a result only part of text is printed out. Changing the column width of is not the option. How I can change the default maximum row height (409 points to the larger number, and how I could devide cell with the page break? ...

Excel 2007 SP2 changed look of spreadsheets pasted into AutoCAD
Hi, Prior to Office 2007 SP2, when I copied an area of a spreadsheet, and within AutoCAD, did a Paste Special > Picture (Enhanced Metafile), I would end up with a black & white image of the spreadsheet. Now with SP2, I end up with a coloured grid image, coloured text and it includes the green 'error' triangles. Is there a way to get the previous paste results, short of uninstalling SP2? BTW, I'm aware I can turn off the background error checking issue. Thanks in advance. Bob ...

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

Money 2007 Crashing When Changing Transactions
I am having a problem with Money 2007. I have used the file repair tool and removed and reinstalled Money with no changes. I download data from financial institution. Money matches incorrectly. I either right click on the transaction and choose "Unmatch" or select "Change" from the transaction. Selecting "Unmatch" locks money up and "Change" allows me to go to the transaction screen where I select unmatch, and it locks. The transactions are various ones. Some are recurring bills, others are single transactions not listed in bills/recurring ...

changing and constant variables in a formula
I have a formula that reads =SUMIF(B11:B467,B479,D11:D467) I want B11:B467 and D11:D467 to remain the same in the formula, but want B479 to become B480, B481, B482, etc. as I move down the cells i the column. I cannot figure out how to do this. If I write th formula in one cell, then drag it down, all the numbers change... Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me... Dre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You need to use absolute references: =SUMIF($B$11:$B$467,B479,$D$11:$D$467) -- Andy. "Drew >" <<Drew.16v8g5@excelforum-nospam.com...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

Quickly changing RDL files
Hello, I have a series of 50+ RDL files that had to get srestored from a data drive, and I don't have the original .VS solution that created them - the reports all use different data sources. Is there a quick way to dynamically change the name of the SQL server they are pointed to? Any decent editor able to open 50 documents and being able to do a search/replace especially if it has regular expression (perhaps Notepad++) or a tool such as http://www.replsoft.com/replacer.html In the worst case you could do it yourself programmatically (for example once the reports are...

Changing Monday to M,... in excel
HI all, Does anyone know what the formula is to change Monday to M, Tuesday to T, Wednesday to W and so on. I can change it to Mon, Tue, Wed... but cant seam to get just one letter. I am using a sort of bar chart that my company uses and when I fill in a date which returns just that day like 1,2,3,...in a small box, I need to put the day of the week above it in another cell with just one letter. They use it as a schedule as they are just to stupid to use MS Project and make things simple for all, but that is another story. Would apriciate some help. Thanks Dave d9pierce@mchsi.com And you'...

Changing Combo Box list when form field changes
I thought this would be easy but evidently it's not. I have a table of Employees sorted by Division and Name. When the Division field changes on my data entry form I want the Name combo box entries to reset with the employees from the selected Division. Can I do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The RowSource for the ComboBox needs a reference to the Division control and the AfterUpdate event of the Division control needs to Requery the ComboBox. David Portwood wrote: >I thought this would be easy but evidently it's not. I have a table of >Employees sorted by...

Change Crystal folders
Hi there, Is it possible to change/remove/add Crystal Reports folders in MSCRM? Thanks No you cannot add new folders. Because of this i always store any custom reports under the Miscellaneous folder in crystal as by default this folder never contains any reports -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Diogo Monteiro" <DiogoMonteiro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EFC9973-77DC-4C5D-AD07-2BC14AF0C565@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > Is it possible to change/remove/add Crystal Reports folders in MSCRM? > > Thanks ...

How can I change the default 'comma' format. Eg paranthesis inste.
When I installed MS Office 2003, the default format for the ',' style has negative sign instead of parenthesis. How can I change the default such that every new workbook has the change included? Duncan Format>Style>Style Name "Comma" Select it and click on "Modify" button. Choose a format you like from the Number Tab. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:29:02 -0800, Duncan <Duncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I installed MS Office 2003, the default format for the ',' style has >negative sign instead of parenthes...

parition changes
Originally the 2nd non-OS disk contained two primary partitions fully allocated to drives D and drive G. I shrunk both and the unallocated space is separated by the second former partition (drive G). How can i get the two unallocated spaces into one area to format and create a new partition -- thank you for your help IF there is nothing on either drive, just delete them. You will need to download a partition manager such as - EASEUS - or BOOTIT NG, If you have D: and G: full of files. Both are free and can slide the files on G: drive to the right. Then just expand D: drive. ...

Changing a Withdrawal to a Transfer
My wife entered a number of payments on credit cards (from checking) as Withdrawals instead of Transfers. Is there a way to "convert" an entry from a Withdrawal to a Transfer? If I delete the Withdrawal, I will lose the status of the electronic payment to the bank. Or is my only option to enter an offsetting entry for each payment in the credit card account? Thank you Yes! Try changing the category to "transfer". The sub-category will be the account for the other end of the transfer. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?...

Is it possible to share a style change across an organisation
I would like use a consistent style for the Word documents in our organistaion. The style we want to use is 'Formal' but with the colour of underlining changed from brown to blue. How can I create or edit or use a corporate style across our organisation so that everyone has access to it without having to make the colour change manually each time? You need to set up the styles in a template and then distribute that to your users with instructions that they use that template as the basis of the documents that they are to create. See the article "Creating a Template...

how do i change administration settings in microsoft calandar?
im setting up my calander for the first time & trying to work out how i can change the setting so other ppl can edit in dates from other computers atm only i can change or add , and they can only see... what i put it? is this possible to do. thanks adrian great aussie patios Adrian I gather you have Exchange? Then set them as Reviewer and they can read all bar the Private appointments. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "Adrian babarskas" <Adrian babarskas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0BA4AD0-104C-...

FRx #9
When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine will lock out his session. Dear, first confirm this, Is FRx working properly and for this make a simple report like, make a Trial Balance Report and if it will work properly then please, check thoroughly all settings of your report as well as column and row conditions. Regards, SMA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E2486F-9579-45EF-B606-89B05C27B28F@microsoft.com... > When I query up ...

Changing data depending on time?
Hi, everyone: Does anyone know if it is possible to change data in a table according to a date? Let's say I would like to change the contents of all fields that are two days old and I would like to Access to do the work. Can Access actually do the check/change automatically? Thanks a lot, Tom On 5 May 2007 10:30:54 -0700, tomasz.cichon@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, everyone: > >Does anyone know if it is possible to change data in a table according >to a date? >Let's say I would like to change the contents of all fields that are >two days old and I would like to Access ...

Renaming a folder changes the modified date of everything inside
Hello, We are using MOSS 2007 SP2 with the June Cumulative update. In a team site, when I rename a folder inside a document library the modified date changes for the folder (which is expected) but also changes for everything inside the folder (sub-folders and all documents). Version history is turned on in the document library and when I view the version histroy of a file, the most recent version's modified date is changed as well. This is not the desired outcome I expected, I would have hoped that by changing a folder name the modified date of the folder changes but e...

auto WritePassword change in excel
Ladies and gentle: I have EXCEL FILE ONE in my folder which is accessible to 4 users. They can open it, modify it, and save it as EXCEL FILE TWO. They can also open EXCEL FILE TWO, modify it, and save it as EXCEL FILE 3. Is there any way we can default WritePassword under workbook property to my password AUTOMATICALLY to ALL THOSE 3 EXCEL FILES? Thanks for your help and I am sure some of you can do it! George ...

FRX
error 3050 when starting FRX any thoughts? Hmmmmm..... Doesn't appear to be a Pervasive error.... Could be a SQL error..... Could be an OS error..... With a lack of any other pertinent information, could it be a Windows error relating to not being able to lock the database..... Could occur if the user only has read access and therefore the database engine cannot write a lock.... How about the entire error message and more info about the version numbers for Greaat Plains, FRx, database, etc.... Just some thoughts..... Lyle On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:45:29 -0700, "Shannon" <sh...

Changing OLE DB connection
I'm trying to create a macro that will automatically Edit OLE DB Query each month. The closest help I got was the following: tSource="C:\Mar05\File05.xls" With cn .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" .ConnectionString = "Data Source=" & tSource & ";" & _ "Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;" .Open End With Not sure of the Open but what I'd like to see the new source file when I check on the Edit OLE DB Query screen the next time. Thanks in advance. Jam22171 wrote: > I'm trying to create a macro that wil...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...