Fixed Assets Import Sample Spreadsheet

Follow
Email
Does anyone have a sample in excel, csv or .txt formats already created?
0
Reply Utf 11/18/2009 12:21:02 PM

Hi Chickie - pls email me at sandeepdotnairatyahoodotcom and i will email a
excel template i created a while back for importing into the FA module.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

"chickie0331" wrote:

> Does anyone have a sample in excel, csv or .txt formats already created?
0
Reply Utf 11/18/2009 4:12:01 PM
Follow
Email

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Can't import from OE to O2K
I have read the Knowledge Base KB290860 - same subject but does not solve the problem. The message is "The mail folder could not be opened. If another app is using the folder, please close it and try again." Of courese, there is no other app using the folder. This is so frustrating because I can see all my old OE mail folders but can't get to them. I wonder what would happen if I installed OE again and them exported them out of OE (if you can do that)? Or, is there some other way to read these OE .dbx files? I appreciate any help anyone can give. Dan Instead of Import,...

How do I stop today() from updating date on saved spreadsheets?
I have a template that automatically populates the date field with the current date when opened, using today(). Users then Save As to have an archive copy of their spreadsheet. However, when they go back to access their saved sheet, the date changes from the created date to the current date. How do I stop this in Excel? I know that Word lets you do this by changing the code from {DATE} to {CREATEDATE}, but I can't find a similar setting in Excel. Please help and thank you! have it do range("a1")=date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "lionmark&...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

overprint imported graphics
Any way to set this feature to OFF by default???? Why would one want it on by default?? Thanks, Greg Actually, it reads "imported pictures", which is a checkbox in overprint settings under "registration settings". Sorry. "MusicMan" <gregb@valleyho.com> wrote in message news:kBrgd.2$cA4.1@trnddc01... > Any way to set this feature to OFF by default???? Why would one want it on > by default?? > > Thanks, > Greg > > > > ...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

import rss feed into excel ( rss --> excel )
I've been searching, but so far don't see much on how to import an rss feed, such as craigslist, into an excel spreadsheet. I'm looking for a quick and dirty, and free, solution. I don't mind if it's labor intensive. I'm not looking for a script, but but just a (free) tool. thanks, Thufir "Thufir" <hawat.thu...@gmail.com> wrote... >I've been searching, but so far don't see much on how to import an >rss feed, such as craigslist, into an excel spreadsheet. I'm looking >for a quick and dirty, and free, solution. I don't mi...

Import large journal entries
I have some large journal entries to input into GP. Does anyone know of a way to import these from a spreadsheet as opposed to entering each adjustment line by line? Thanks, Mike Yes sir - use Integration Manager with the GL Transaction adapter. Integration Manager is a separate component of GP so if you don't own, you'll need to buy it. Are these recurring entries or a one-time shot? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com These entries will be a one-time shot, not recurring. But since we don't own Integration Manager, I guess it'...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

Convert imported text to date time
I've read all the posts on this but I can't seem to find one that gives me the answer with a time field. I am importing from Excel as a .cvs and the date time comes in as a text field with 12/09/2009 0830. I need to convert this from text to an actual date/time. mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm preferably in military time. I need to calculate the minutes from Actual Departure time to Actual Arrival time. You guys will forever be my hero if you can give me the directions on doing this. Thanks! Cindy I pieced this together rapidly ad it seems to work. Function ConvDT(sFullDT) ...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...

How many sheets can I have in a spreadsheet
I need to have 93 sheets in a spreadsheet to update the first page. Can I have that many? Sure. I currently have a workbook (not mine!) that has over 300 sheets, tho I would never recommend that many! ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Viviank" <Viviank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80B7E6C0-F1E5-4E08-BD1F-170161DB2ED7@microsoft.com... >I need to have 93 sheets in a spreadsheet to update the first page. Can I > have that many? ...

hotmail fix
I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes that were on the intranet but to no avail. pbrown said the following on 11/11/2004 2:09 PM: > I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes > that were on the intranet but to no avail. Unless you are not a MSN Premium customer, you are no longer able to access Hotmail mailbox using Outlook. There are third-party utility that can allow you to retrieve Hotmail mails. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way cl...

Duration fixed and Work fixed
Hello, I need to do one taks with "duration fixed AND Work Fied" is this possible ? I need that dont move duration and work but units be variable.. I cant. Sorry my english and thanks in advance, Christian W Christian W -- No, you CANNOT fix both Duration and Work. Sorry. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Christian W" <ChristianW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C03...

Fixed Asset addition cost in Financial
Hi, I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after this i run gl posting to refelect the cost in gl. but its in not doing. Regards asad Asad, Drill down on the asset cost amount in the book window. Check the period for which the cost was added. Make sure you specify that period when you run the interface to the gl. "Asad" <Asad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5036E88C-012D-4BD6-9301-67F8A7B7FCFE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after > th...

Customizations Export/Import
I customize MS CRM on test environment that is using business unit 'Adventure Work Cycle'. Will it be safe to export all my customizations to the production environment that will use my original business unit name (NUR) or should I re-install my test environment? Exported customizations work fine from site to site with no issues (i.e. from AWC to a completely different deployment, assuming you've managed the changes appropriately (just to be sure you're not overwriting something someone else has done). >-----Original Message----- >I customize MS CRM on test env...

Field Services Hot Fixes
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a place within GP 7.5 which lists the last Field Service hot fix installed? -- Thank you, Jessie I have passed your question on to two of our members who are the most knowledgable about hot fixes. I have asked that either they repsond to you directly or get back to me if they have an answer. Meanwhile, as a fellow user of Great Plains and the Field Service modules, we are putting together a list of other users who might be willing to share their expertise, experiences, ideas, problems, etc. with other Field Service users. For those of you who m...

Fixed width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? The data I would like to parse is in the following format: INTEGER HEXADECIMAL_NUMBER DATE TIME TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT The first 4 fields are fixed width and the subsequent fields are different length but comma delimited (with space after the coma). I n...

copy a fixed asset
We would like to copy a fixed asset, with all of its history, from one company in GP to another. Is there a utility I could use to do this? I don't think there is a utility to do it. You could copy the data using SQL, but it is risky. There are a lot of fields that will not contain the same linked data. There are only a couple tables that contain the asset and the transactions. You would likely be better off entering the new asset and then running depreciation on it to a current status. Make sure that all records are interfaced to the GL before you run the depreciation. Then...

Import files from XP to 7
I'm trying to import my old Outlook Express email message folders to a new computer using Live Mail and Windows 7. Where are the old folders located within OE? Do I copy over or export/import? Transferring data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to a flash drive. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. OE Message Store Location: In OE: ...