Error message syUserInRole returned the following results: DBMS:91

  • Follow

We replaced the hard drives on our server and we detached the smaller of the
databases (Dynamics and test) and moved them off server, made a full backup
of our production server, then replaced the drives, and rebuilt the array.

When that was complete, I moved the smaller dbs to the new array and
reattached them, then did a recovery on the production database.

Everything seemed to work just fine until we tried to add a new user. Then
we got an error message that the dbowner of Dynamics was not assigned (EM
said it was), so I ran sp_changedbowner and set the owner to 'sa'. Now we're
getting "The stored procedure syUserInRole returned the following results:
DBMS:911, Great Plains 0.

What do we need to do to restore ownerships, etc to the correct level and
get this to working correctly?

Thank you very much!

Margaret
0
Reply margaret (24) 5/25/2006 5:27:02 PM

Margaret,

Not sure if it will address all the problems, but you want to make DYNSA the
dbowner.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Margaret" <Margaret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We replaced the hard drives on our server and we detached the smaller of
> the
> databases (Dynamics and test) and moved them off server, made a full
> backup
> of our production server, then replaced the drives, and rebuilt the array.
>
> When that was complete, I moved the smaller dbs to the new array and
> reattached them, then did a recovery on the production database.
>
> Everything seemed to work just fine until we tried to add a new user. Then
> we got an error message that the dbowner of Dynamics was not assigned (EM
> said it was), so I ran sp_changedbowner and set the owner to 'sa'. Now
> we're
> getting "The stored procedure syUserInRole returned the following results:
> DBMS:911, Great Plains 0.
>
> What do we need to do to restore ownerships, etc to the correct level and
> get this to working correctly?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Margaret

0
Reply victoria (3334) 5/25/2006 5:58:00 PM

(page loaded in 0.075 seconds)

Reply: