Error message syUserInRole returned the following results: DBMS:91

We replaced the hard drives on our server and we detached the smaller of the
databases (Dynamics and test) and moved them off server, made a full backup
of our production server, then replaced the drives, and rebuilt the array.

When that was complete, I moved the smaller dbs to the new array and
reattached them, then did a recovery on the production database.

Everything seemed to work just fine until we tried to add a new user. Then
we got an error message that the dbowner of Dynamics was not assigned (EM
said it was), so I ran sp_changedbowner and set the owner to 'sa'. Now we're
getting "The stored procedure syUserInRole returned the following results:
DBMS:911, Great Plains 0.

What do we need to do to restore ownerships, etc to the correct level and
get this to working correctly?

Thank you very much!

Margaret
0
margaret (24)

Margaret,

Not sure if it will address all the problems, but you want to make DYNSA the
dbowner.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Margaret" <Margaret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We replaced the hard drives on our server and we detached the smaller of
> the
> databases (Dynamics and test) and moved them off server, made a full
> backup
> of our production server, then replaced the drives, and rebuilt the array.
>
> When that was complete, I moved the smaller dbs to the new array and
> reattached them, then did a recovery on the production database.
>
> Everything seemed to work just fine until we tried to add a new user. Then
> we got an error message that the dbowner of Dynamics was not assigned (EM
> said it was), so I ran sp_changedbowner and set the owner to 'sa'. Now
> we're
> getting "The stored procedure syUserInRole returned the following results:
> DBMS:911, Great Plains 0.
>
> What do we need to do to restore ownerships, etc to the correct level and
> get this to working correctly?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Margaret

0
victoria (3338)

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Excel Progrom Error

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Changing a result ending in 32ths to 16ths i.e. 5 5/32 to 5 3/16
I have a cell where a number (variable) i.e. 10 5/16 which in another cell I have to divide it in half. The problem is that the number will end with a 32 fraction like 5 5/32. I need that or any other result to end in 16 i.e. 5 3/16. I work in a carton corrugator and we don't use 32ths in measures. We use 16ths and up. Please help! In recent versions of Excel: Format>Cells>Fraction>as sixteenths In older versions: Format>Cells>Custom># ?/16 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "WGL" <WGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Sharebuilder account import error

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50" Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am playing with this product. Thanks, Abid, You m...