Document no longer exist in originating module

  • Follow

Hi,

Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in originating
module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This receipt
exist but not fully distributed.

I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing.

Thank you

0
Reply vitvov (85) 3/7/2005 10:33:38 PM

Vitali,

Have you tried check links as well?  When you say 'not fully distributed',
what exactly do you mean?

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in
> originating
> module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This
> receipt
> exist but not fully distributed.
>
> I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing.
>
> Thank you

0
Reply victoria (3334) 3/8/2005 10:23:24 AM

Yes, I tried reconcile and check links for everything.
I mean that if we received payment from Customer1 for 100. And we applied
only 50 for invoice. And we have unapplied another 50.

If I go to SmartList -> Customers -> Receivable Transactions -> Unapplied
Document and double clikc on Cash Receipts.
I have appr 15 unapplied Cash Receipts and 3-4 of them have this message.

Thank you

Vitali.

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> Vitali,
>
> Have you tried check links as well?  When you say 'not fully distributed',
> what exactly do you mean?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in
> > originating
> > module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This
> > receipt
> > exist but not fully distributed.
> >
> > I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing.
> >
> > Thank you

0
Reply vitvov (85) 3/8/2005 2:37:50 PM

Vitali,

When does this message come up?  When you try to drill back down on the
document by double clicking on it in SmartList or at some other step?  Are
you able to look up these document another way, like going through the
customer document inquiry?  Do they come up with the same message?  Can you
click through the message to actually see the distributions on the
transactions?

Usually you get that error when you try to post a transaction but one of
your GL account numbers is missing.  (In cash receipts these are supposed to
come from the customer and/or posting accounts setup).  Were these
transactions manually entered into the system or imported in?  Also, you
posted this in both the GP and SBM newsgroups - what product and version is
this happening in?

--

> Yes, I tried reconcile and check links for everything.
> I mean that if we received payment from Customer1 for 100. And we applied
> only 50 for invoice. And we have unapplied another 50.
>
> If I go to SmartList -> Customers -> Receivable Transactions -> Unapplied
> Document and double clikc on Cash Receipts.
> I have appr 15 unapplied Cash Receipts and 3-4 of them have this message.
>
> Thank you
>
> Vitali.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>> Vitali,
>>
>> Have you tried check links as well?  When you say 'not fully
>> distributed',
>> what exactly do you mean?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>

>> "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in
>> > originating
>> > module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This
>> > receipt
>> > exist but not fully distributed.
>> >
>> > I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing.
>> >
>> > Thank you

0
Reply victoria (3334) 3/8/2005 6:17:15 PM

Hi Vicroria,

I have this errors both on SBM 7.5 and SBF 8.0
This message come up when I try to double click on Cash Receipt in
SmartList.
If I go to Customer -> Find Documents -> Actions -> View or View Applied I
see this transactions with no problem.

It looks like it's SmartList problem. I can do anything with this
transactions, but not view in SmartList.

> Vitali,
>
> When does this message come up?  When you try to drill back down on the
> document by double clicking on it in SmartList or at some other step?  Are
> you able to look up these document another way, like going through the
> customer document inquiry?  Do they come up with the same message?  Can
you
> click through the message to actually see the distributions on the
> transactions?
>
> Usually you get that error when you try to post a transaction but one of
> your GL account numbers is missing.  (In cash receipts these are supposed
> come from the customer and/or posting accounts setup).  Were these
> transactions manually entered into the system or imported in?  Also, you
> posted this in both the GP and SBM newsgroups - what product and version
is
> this happening in?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I tried reconcile and check links for everything.
> > I mean that if we received payment from Customer1 for 100. And we
applied
> > only 50 for invoice. And we have unapplied another 50.
> >
> > If I go to SmartList -> Customers -> Receivable Transactions ->
Unapplied
> > Document and double clikc on Cash Receipts.
> > I have appr 15 unapplied Cash Receipts and 3-4 of them have this
message.

> > Thank you
> >
> > Vitali.
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> >> Vitali,
> >>
> >> Have you tried check links as well?  When you say 'not fully
> >> distributed',
> >> what exactly do you mean?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin