Document no longer exist in originating module

Hi,

Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in originating
module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This receipt
exist but not fully distributed.

I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing.

Thank you

0
vitvov (85)

Vitali,

Have you tried check links as well?  When you say 'not fully distributed',
what exactly do you mean?

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in
> originating
> module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This
> receipt
> exist but not fully distributed.
>
> I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing.
>
> Thank you

0
victoria (3338)
3/8/2005 10:23:24 AM
Yes, I tried reconcile and check links for everything.
I mean that if we received payment from Customer1 for 100. And we applied
only 50 for invoice. And we have unapplied another 50.

If I go to SmartList -> Customers -> Receivable Transactions -> Unapplied
Document and double clikc on Cash Receipts.
I have appr 15 unapplied Cash Receipts and 3-4 of them have this message.

Thank you

Vitali.

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> Vitali,
>
> Have you tried check links as well?  When you say 'not fully distributed',
> what exactly do you mean?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in
> > originating
> > module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This
> > receipt
> > exist but not fully distributed.
> >
> > I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing.
> >
> > Thank you

0
vitvov (85)
3/8/2005 2:37:50 PM
Vitali,

When does this message come up?  When you try to drill back down on the
document by double clicking on it in SmartList or at some other step?  Are
you able to look up these document another way, like going through the
customer document inquiry?  Do they come up with the same message?  Can you
click through the message to actually see the distributions on the
transactions?

Usually you get that error when you try to post a transaction but one of
your GL account numbers is missing.  (In cash receipts these are supposed to
come from the customer and/or posting accounts setup).  Were these
transactions manually entered into the system or imported in?  Also, you
posted this in both the GP and SBM newsgroups - what product and version is
this happening in?

--

> Yes, I tried reconcile and check links for everything.
> I mean that if we received payment from Customer1 for 100. And we applied
> only 50 for invoice. And we have unapplied another 50.
>
> If I go to SmartList -> Customers -> Receivable Transactions -> Unapplied
> Document and double clikc on Cash Receipts.
> I have appr 15 unapplied Cash Receipts and 3-4 of them have this message.
>
> Thank you
>
> Vitali.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>> Vitali,
>>
>> Have you tried check links as well?  When you say 'not fully
>> distributed',
>> what exactly do you mean?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>

>> "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in
>> > originating
>> > module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This
>> > receipt
>> > exist but not fully distributed.
>> >
>> > I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing.
>> >
>> > Thank you

0
victoria (3338)
3/8/2005 6:17:15 PM
Hi Vicroria,

I have this errors both on SBM 7.5 and SBF 8.0
This message come up when I try to double click on Cash Receipt in
SmartList.
If I go to Customer -> Find Documents -> Actions -> View or View Applied I
see this transactions with no problem.

It looks like it's SmartList problem. I can do anything with this
transactions, but not view in SmartList.

> Vitali,
>
> When does this message come up?  When you try to drill back down on the
> document by double clicking on it in SmartList or at some other step?  Are
> you able to look up these document another way, like going through the
> customer document inquiry?  Do they come up with the same message?  Can
you
> click through the message to actually see the distributions on the
> transactions?
>
> Usually you get that error when you try to post a transaction but one of
> your GL account numbers is missing.  (In cash receipts these are supposed
> come from the customer and/or posting accounts setup).  Were these
> transactions manually entered into the system or imported in?  Also, you
> posted this in both the GP and SBM newsgroups - what product and version
is
> this happening in?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I tried reconcile and check links for everything.
> > I mean that if we received payment from Customer1 for 100. And we
applied
> > only 50 for invoice. And we have unapplied another 50.
> >
> > If I go to SmartList -> Customers -> Receivable Transactions ->
Unapplied
> > Document and double clikc on Cash Receipts.
> > I have appr 15 unapplied Cash Receipts and 3-4 of them have this
message.

> > Thank you
> >
> > Vitali.
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> >> Vitali,
> >>
> >> Have you tried check links as well?  When you say 'not fully
> >> distributed',
> >> what exactly do you mean?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
> >>

> >> "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message

0
vitvov (85)

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Changing the origin
Hi, I'm desperate here. I'm trying to plot data into a line graph. I need the horizontal axis to start (at the origin) with the larger numbers and decrease in numerical value as it extends out. No matter which way I enter the data it keeps automatically setting the origin at 0,0. Any suggestions? Have you tried Format Axis and checking the Reverse Order box? You may need to change the Crosses Axis setting best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "katie" <katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Retrieve document that was closed as Document 1?
I had a three page Word document still titled as Document 1 that I accidently closed before remembering I wanted to keep the first page. I had not saved the document before closing so if I select a Word document again I will get Document 1 but it will be blank. Is there any way I can retrieve this document? Frank C. If you didn't save it there's nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

Open documents in new window
I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the Microsoft Office Button. Hope this helps DeanH &quo...

Why do I get a blank page when trying to print Avery Document 516.
I have the labels ready to go. Using Microsoft Word. When I try to print the labels, I get a blank page. I tried two printers, HP and Brother. Same thing with both. Any suggestions? Check the font formatting. Make sure that it is not hidden. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bburkesj" <bburkesj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B881C096-C3F6-475B-B00A-F75C2DED0D73@microsoft.c...

Saving an Excel document after moving additional worksheets to it
I have a 'master' spreadsheet that I would like to add additional tabs to. I'm not having any problems moving the worksheets into the document but when I try to save the file its not happening. I have tried renaming the file, saving to a pen drive but nothing seems to be working. I seem to be able to save the first worksheet but then reopening and saving additional worksheets without success. Would anyone have any idea why I am unable to save the file.....thanks ...

Changing the Zoom to open a document in 100%
When I open a particular document on my computer it automatically shows it at 100% Zoom. However, my boss has a problem showing the document on his computer at less than 100%. He would like to change it so that he does not have to adjust it at 100% every time he opens the document. Can you tell me how this could be done? Do you really want the zoom changed to 100% or do you want it so that he can see the same columns as you see? If you want to set the zoom to 100%, you can do something like this in your auto_open (or workbook_open) code: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks ...

open the document instead of the inquiry window
When adding a PO to a service call, we click the PO number and it opens the PO inquiry screen. We need it to open the actual PO/document screen so the addresses can be modified as needed, etc. Is there a setting somewhere in GP to allow this? ...

Microsoft Documentation
Hi, I came across this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966E88-1377-4D1A-BE86-AB77014495F4&displaylang=en#top page which is the Technical Overview of DirectAccess. Is their like a central link that one can go to and find other technical overviews of other products which maybe of interest? Thanks "biren" <biren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75543666-0178-4559-9D60-01E16B1E3428@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I came across this > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

Move pages from document to document?

IE8 does no longer work message in Windows 7
I get an many web pages the german "Internet Explorer funktioniert nicht mehr" means does no longer work without any further information. For example I can not start the popup of exactly this new questions dialog with IE. I now needed to install alternative browser for doing it. I only want do repair IE in order to see if it is only my installation that is wrong, because I moved the partition with an partition manger. But unfortunately I can not download IE8 for Windows 7. Please help me how to repair an IE8 installation under WIndows 7 the support pages only refer to ...

My documents
Hello all, Vaguely I remember the is a global (windows) variable which points to the 'My Documents' path. Because users may change the default path C:\My Documents, I can not use that path to save a file from Access. Can someone help me out. Thx, Ludovic Open a command prompt, and type: set Use Environ() in your code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vsn" <vsn at hotmail> wrote in message news:eqcTzkZ1HHA.5992@TK2M...

How to dsiplay Word Document inside a control in WinForms Applicat
Can I display word document in Windows Form Panel Control or any other control ? Here objective is not display word document as seperate application but show the word document inside the windows Form. Thanks, --Israr Hi, I think we can do this using OLE control(VB). Thanks, Senthil. S -- senthilkumarabi ...

Move a document from an offline printer queue to an online queue?
Running under Vista Home Premium SP2. I have three printers installed: One online that I want to use, one offline that I use only occasionally, and one at my dad's house that I use when I use my PC on his network. The online printer is the default, of course. I'm not sure how I did it, but I have a few documents that went to the wrong printer queues. Assume for the sake of argument that I can't reprint those documents. Is there a way I can transfer them from the wrong queues to the online printer? I'm smart enough not to consciously select a different prin...

How to change document template
How it is possible to change internal documentation template for "reports" in UML software section??? I want to add there me own template ...

Return to original workbook
My code below swithches to another open workbook and makes a change to it, which works fine. What I need is to get back to the workbook that was active when the code started and finish running the remaining code. I can not enter a workbook name because it that name changes from year to year. Private Sub Edit_Name_Click() If ListBox1.Value = " " Then GoTo BlankList Unload EmployeeList Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.EnableEvents = False Dim rng As Range, rng1 As Range Dim sStr As String Set rng = Workbooks("EmployeeList.xlsm").W...

Adding record number to existing table
I'm trying to write an update query to add a record number to a group of records. The table looks like this: ID Name Date Day 1 Jane 1/1/07 1 Jane 1/2/07 2 John 1/5/07 I'm trying to update the "Day" field where the count starts over for each new ID number at 1 and then runs sequentially. Can anyone help? Substitute your table and field names -- SELECT Q.Group, Q.Points, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Product Q1 WHERE Q1.[Group] = Q.[Group] AND Q1.Points < Q.Points)+1 AS Rank FROM Product AS Q ORDER BY Q.Group, Q.Points; If you h...

scanning handwriten document into editable digital document
Just like voicve recognition software that converts voice text into editable digital document, searching for software that will do some akin, but instead of being voice data its handwritten document to be scanned into editable text document. Juan E. Jimenez itsi@prtc.net San Juan, Puerto Rico ...

Third Party Cash Book Modules
I am looking for a third party cash book module. Spoecific features/ Functionality 1. Ability to enter receipts and payments at the same time 2. Continuous balance information when entering journals 3. Ability for journal to have multi lines and reference different transaction dates. There use to be something called Dexterous cashbook in the UK about 5 years ago, is there something similar or was the product renamed. -- Best Regards Hi there, Unfortunately I cannot advise on a good module to suit your requirements, but I can clear something up: Dexterous was acquired by Great Plai...

Lost my Original Styles
I somehow lost all of my default/standard Styles in Word! I am left with one that was created for a large document. I have no idea how this happened! Since you cannot delete the built-in styles, this must be a view issue. Note that recent versions of Word allow you to specify exactly which styles to show and which to hide. Which version are you using? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "NeedAnswerForBoss" <NeedAnswerForBoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C6F845D-5F00-4470-B403-47FA6702E2CC@microsoft.com... >I somehow lost all of m...

how to send documents from document imaging to word?
I would like to scan a document into Word to use as template. I scan it into Document Imaging, run OCR and then in tools I select "send to word". it goes to Word, but the scale of the document is too big and can't be used. What settings am I missing so that document looks the same as it does in Document Imaging. ...

desktop and my documents (folder redirection)
Hello, I have win2k3 with pgo and i have configured one pc (Win XP) with folder redirection (desktop et my documents). I haven't connected to my network for 1 week and i have a problem in disk with this pc (WinXP) but i can access to disk data. The problem is i can't find my data in my desktop and in my documents. can you help me where can i find my data in my desktop and my documents? Thank you. ...

Full bleed formatting document
How can I shrink the margins on a document already created in Publisher? I would like to create one version of the document formated for a full bleed print and one with a smaller margin than already exists. How can I do this? No full bleed printer connected my computer. Create a bleed for your publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP051236331033.aspx?pid=CH010001571033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MarySue" <MarySue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A18253E-A5...

upload a document with photos?
I am trying to attach a word document that has three photos in it. It is only one page but it is taking 3-4 minutes to download. I need to do this a lot faster, is there a way to speed up the download of the document? 1. Zip the document to make the file smaller. 2. Use a graphics program (such as www.irfanview.com) to crop and reduce the resolution of the pictures so they contain fewer bytes, before inserting them into the document. 3. Pay more to get a faster internet connection. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be ...