Cannot get PO commitments setup

  • Follow

Dynamics GP 10 SP 4.  We've NEVER used the module before.  Check the activate
commitments, then go into setup.

Issue 1:  It will not let us update the 2010 line with our 2010 budget.
There is no issue with this budget.  We select it and it just disappears.  So
I tried our 2009 (which is a history year) and it updates the window.
However<
Issue 2:  After I click okay I get "Reconcile failed!  Track commitments is
not marked for commitment management setup."  I STARTED with clicking it.
There is nothing to Check in the window.

I then searched the "Knowledge Base" in Customer source, and just entered
Budget PO Commitments and there was only 1 result??  ONE?  Not one person in
the entire world has ever had an issue with this module and there's never
been any bugs or questions?  What a joke the TK is.
0
Reply Utf 2/10/2010 9:44:06 PM

This is a mystery, I have used it for years and have never experienced the
trouble you are describing - thank goodness.

As a consultant I would need to see it do this strange behavior. Do you have
any remote ability at your shop where we could quickly jump on any kind of
help desk type software?

I would be willing to take a look if you're game. You can reach me at
972-814-8550.

Leslie

"Luvsql" wrote:

> Dynamics GP 10 SP 4.  We've NEVER used the module before.  Check the activate
> commitments, then go into setup.
>
> Issue 1:  It will not let us update the 2010 line with our 2010 budget.
> There is no issue with this budget.  We select it and it just disappears.  So
> I tried our 2009 (which is a history year) and it updates the window.
> However<
> Issue 2:  After I click okay I get "Reconcile failed!  Track commitments is
> not marked for commitment management setup."  I STARTED with clicking it.
> There is nothing to Check in the window.
>
> I then searched the "Knowledge Base" in Customer source, and just entered
> Budget PO Commitments and there was only 1 result??  ONE?  Not one person in
> the entire world has ever had an issue with this module and there's never
> been any bugs or questions?  What a joke the TK is.
0
Reply Utf 2/17/2010 8:49:01 AM

Since we've never used it before, I dropped all the tables and stored procs
and recreated.  This fixed the issue.  For some reason, even if we've never
used the module before, the tables had corrupted data.

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> This is a mystery, I have used it for years and have never experienced the
> trouble you are describing - thank goodness.
>
> As a consultant I would need to see it do this strange behavior. Do you have
> any remote ability at your shop where we could quickly jump on any kind of
> help desk type software?
>
> I would be willing to take a look if you're game. You can reach me at
> 972-814-8550.
>
> Leslie
>
> "Luvsql" wrote:
>
> > Dynamics GP 10 SP 4.  We've NEVER used the module before.  Check the activate
> > commitments, then go into setup.
> >
> > Issue 1:  It will not let us update the 2010 line with our 2010 budget.
> > There is no issue with this budget.  We select it and it just disappears.  So
> > I tried our 2009 (which is a history year) and it updates the window.
> > However<
> > Issue 2:  After I click okay I get "Reconcile failed!  Track commitments is
> > not marked for commitment management setup."  I STARTED with clicking it.
> > There is nothing to Check in the window.
> >
> > I then searched the "Knowledge Base" in Customer source, and just entered
> > Budget PO Commitments and there was only 1 result??  ONE?  Not one person in
> > the entire world has ever had an issue with this module and there's never
> > been any bugs or questions?  What a joke the TK is.
0
Reply Utf 2/18/2010 3:51:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.042 seconds)

Reply: