Auto Logout of Dynamics GP

Several customers have reported that users are not logging out of Dynamics GP
when they leave for the day so they would like to be able to set a trigger
that would automatically log a user out of the application if there is no
activity for a specified amount of time

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa04c243-5467-40e4-af0a-99132db77075&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Dick (55)

Hi Dick.

Check out Omni Tools, now sold by Rockton Software
http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8

It will give you this functionality.

Maria.

"Dick" wrote:

> Several customers have reported that users are not logging out of Dynamics GP
> when they leave for the day so they would like to be able to set a trigger
> that would automatically log a user out of the application if there is no
> activity for a specified amount of time
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa04c243-5467-40e4-af0a-99132db77075&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
1
Maria1 (236)
6/13/2007 2:26:02 PM
P.S. What you are looking for is the "Inactivity Timeout" feature .. part of
Omni Password. It used to be sold seperate from the whole suite, but last
time we renewed our 'enhancement fees' we were told it's all or nothing now ..

"Maria" wrote:

> Hi Dick.
>
> Check out Omni Tools, now sold by Rockton Software
> http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8
>
> It will give you this functionality.
>
> Maria.
>

> "Dick" wrote:
>
> > Several customers have reported that users are not logging out of Dynamics GP
> > when they leave for the day so they would like to be able to set a trigger
> > that would automatically log a user out of the application if there is no
> > activity for a specified amount of time
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa04c243-5467-40e4-af0a-99132db77075&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Maria1 (236)
6/13/2007 2:33:00 PM
Be aware that if the user is in a 3rd party dictionary window, it will not
use this functionality unless that 3rd party has added code to register the
window with this functionality.

--
Lorren
Consulting Technology Lead

The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of
WennSoft.

"Maria" wrote:

> Hi Dick.
>
> Check out Omni Tools, now sold by Rockton Software
> http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8
>
> It will give you this functionality.
>
> Maria.
>

> "Dick" wrote:
>
> > Several customers have reported that users are not logging out of Dynamics GP
> > when they leave for the day so they would like to be able to set a trigger
> > that would automatically log a user out of the application if there is no
> > activity for a specified amount of time
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa04c243-5467-40e4-af0a-99132db77075&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
zman (81)
6/13/2007 6:30:01 PM
Hi there

This last posting is not quite correct.  The Inactivity Timeout feature
looks for common events in Great Plains regardless of whether it is a 3rd
party dictionary on not.  If you stay in a single window for an extended
period of time it is possible not to trigger an event it was looking for and
so it will try to exit.  Please see the following FAQ questions:

How does Inactivity Timeout work?
As it is not actually possible to track inactivity with Dexterity, Omni
Password's Inactivity Timeout feature works by tracking the last time any of
a  number of common activities have occurred within the system and resetting
a last activity date and time counter.  Activities such as opening tables and
forms, and moving between records on a form will reset the counter. It then
uses a periodic background process to check if there has been no activity for
longer than the allowed time it will try and exit.

When the Inactivity Timeout tries to exit, what happens to my work?
Omni Password tries to exit by replicating a user's actions to select File
>> Exit from the menu. If any dialogs pop up, such as "Do you want to Save,
Discard or Cancel", the automatic log out will stop.  It is too dangerous to
force the log out when a user decision must be made first.

What exactly is Inactivity Timeout monitoring for activity?
The Inactivity Timeout feature resets its last activity counters when a
Form, Report or Table is opened (trigger on Security global procedure), a
table, SQL table or SQL stored procedure is opened or executed (triggers on
Pathname, SQLPath, SQLScriptPath global procedures), or when a Window Note or
Record Note is checked for (triggers on Check_For_Note and
Check_For_Record_Note global procedures).  This will pick up most activities
within Great Plains and prevent the Inactivity Timeout activating prematurely.

What can I do if the Inactivity Timeout is activating prematurely?
If the Inactivity Timeout is attempting to exit while a user is in fact no
idle, it would be because they are not performing any of the activities the
Inactivity Timeout feature is looking for.  To resolve this issue, you can
either de-activate the Inactivity Timeout feature for the users in question
using the Omni Tools Control Panel (Cards >> Omni Tools >> Control Panel) or
you could use the following VBA code to update the counters.

This code must be placed on a VBA event which is commonly executed and so it
will prevent the Inactivity Timeout from attempting to exit while the user is
active.

'Dim CompilerApp As New Dynamics.Application
Dim CompilerApp As Object
Dim CompilerMessage As String
Dim CompilerError As Integer
Dim Commands As String

' Create link without having reference marked
Set CompilerApp = CreateObject("Dynamics.Application")

Commands = ""
Commands = Commands & "call with name ""WDC_Pathname_PRE"" in dictionary
2054;" & vbCrLf

' Execute SanScript
CompilerError = CompilerApp.ExecuteSanscript(Commands, CompilerMessage)
If CompilerError <> 0 Then
    MsgBox CompilerMessage
End If

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Original Developer of Omni Tools
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"zman" wrote:

> Be aware that if the user is in a 3rd party dictionary window, it will not
> use this functionality unless that 3rd party has added code to register the
> window with this functionality.
>

> --
> Lorren
> Consulting Technology Lead
> WennSoft Inc.
>
> The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of
> WennSoft.
>

> "Maria" wrote:
>

> > Hi Dick.
> >
> > Check out Omni Tools, now sold by Rockton Software
> > http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8
> >
> > It will give you this functionality.
> >
> > Maria.
> >

> > "Dick" wrote:
> >
> > > Several customers have reported that users are not logging out of Dynamics GP
> > > when they leave for the day so they would like to be able to set a trigger
> > > that would automatically log a user out of the application if there is no
> > > activity for a specified amount of time
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa04c243-5467-40e4-af0a-99132db77075&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
6/13/2007 11:38:00 PM
The timeout works great - I love it !!
It has really helped me control how many licenses we need.

As far as compatibility w/ 3rd parties, I haven't had any problems.

Since we seem to now own the whole suite of tools,
I will take a look to see what other wonderful toys are there.

M.

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "zman" wrote:
>
> > Be aware that if the user is in a 3rd party dictionary window, it will not
> > use this functionality unless that 3rd party has added code to register the
> > window with this functionality.
> >

> > --
> > Lorren
> > Consulting Technology Lead
> > WennSoft Inc.
> >
> > The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of
> > WennSoft.
> >

> > "Maria" wrote:
> >

> > > Hi Dick.
> > >
> > > Check out Omni Tools, now sold by Rockton Software

6/14/2007 3:00:02 PM
Hi Loren,

If you are experiencing issues with this please feel free to contact us at
Rockton support@rocktonsoftware.com. I am not sure if you are thinking of our
SmartFill product when you say the window has to be registered.

Therese
Rockton Software
thereser@rocktonsoftware.com

"zman" wrote:

> Be aware that if the user is in a 3rd party dictionary window, it will not
> use this functionality unless that 3rd party has added code to register the
> window with this functionality.
>

> --
> Lorren
> Consulting Technology Lead
> WennSoft Inc.
>
> The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of
> WennSoft.
>

> "Maria" wrote:
>

> > Hi Dick.
> >
> > Check out Omni Tools, now sold by Rockton Software
> > http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8
> >
> > It will give you this functionality.
> >
> > Maria.
> >

> > "Dick" wrote:
> >
> > > Several customers have reported that users are not logging out of Dynamics GP
> > > when they leave for the day so they would like to be able to set a trigger
> > > that would automatically log a user out of the application if there is no
> > > activity for a specified amount of time
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa04c243-5467-40e4-af0a-99132db77075&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
ThereseR (73)
6/18/2007 5:53:00 PM
Hi Dick,

This is available functionality in the Omni Tools product. Please feel free
to contact us at Rockton or visit the Rockton Website:
http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8 to find out more about it.

Thank you Maria for suggesting our product!

Therese
Rockton Software

"Dick" wrote:

> Several customers have reported that users are not logging out of Dynamics GP
> when they leave for the day so they would like to be able to set a trigger
> that would automatically log a user out of the application if there is no
> activity for a specified amount of time
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa04c243-5467-40e4-af0a-99132db77075&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
ThereseR (73)

How do you reconcile Vac/Sick time between HR and payroll in GP 10
How can vacation and sick time be reconciled in GP 10.0? If you go to Utilities>>Human Resources >> Reconcile. There is not an option to reconcile just "reset Payroll vacation and Sick Time Information". I would like to reconcile the times between both modules. -- Thanks for your help In V10, you can have more than two buckets of PTO tracked and accrued, so it is no longer stored in the PR vac and sick time buckets like it was in prior versions (this is why there are new instructions on how to add the PTO buckets to the payroll check, as it uses a new array fiel...

Auto Filter problem

Dynamic Chart Question #3
Hi All, I'm trying to set up line charts for more than 40 different production locations. But I would like to give the user the option of selecting one or two (at most) locations then have Excel display the corresponding chart/s instead of creating 40+ charts. Each location will have its own data table (pounds/dollars). How do I go about doing this task? Thanks. -- when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change. Hi, For information on dynamic charts and controlling which series are displayed have a look at Jon's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

Windows 2000 GP installation #2
GP 9.0 Fully Patched/Updated Windows 2000NT console. When installing the integration manager this error pops up when copying files: " The windows installer service cannot update the system file C: \WINNT\system 32\msscript.ocx because the file is protected by windows. You may need to update your operating system for this program to work properly. " Clicking okay resumes the install and everything seems to proceed just fine. When running MS Dynamics GP a login and server can be selected but when you attempt to login to a company we get "The databse setup has not been co...

auto copy self

Financial Reports crash GP
One of our users tried to run a Balance Sheet Financial Report this morning and it crashed GP on her PC. A web page popped up that says: "This problem was caused by Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0. An update is available that might solve this problem." I also check the event logs for the pc and found this error: "The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dexterity ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retriev...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

dynamic splitter and default size
Hello I wanted to set (for dynamic splitter) default size for the first row: issue=s.Create(this,2,1,CSize(100,100),pContext); s.SetRowInfo(0,50,10); As i understeand the first row should be 50 pixels height, but it is always 0. (i can see only next pane, i have to move the splitter down to see the first one). Why ? Thanx user, For dynamic splitters, this seems to be the designed behaviour, that is, only one pane is displayed and the user splits the view. Reading through the MFC source, however, you'll find the split member SplitRow which indeed seems to be a better candidate for ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

How to dynamically change the accelerator key of a menu item?
How to dynamically change the accelerator key of a menu item? Or at least to dynamically find the key associated with a given menu ID ? Thanks in advance -- Mav Rossi "Mav Rossi" <mavirc@WITHOUT.THIS.freemail.it> wrote in message news:oLX5b.16326$hE5.588129@news1.tin.it... > How to dynamically change the accelerator key of a menu item? Or at least to > dynamically find the key associated with a given menu ID ? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/UserInput/KeyboardAccelerators/UsingKeyboardAccelerators.asp ...

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Equivelent name of Main_Menu_1 window in GP 8.
In GP 7 I added a label on top of the main window indicating my version of GP. I make form/report/VB modifications and the users have my build version displayed. In GP 7, with no other windows displayed, I'd just select 'Modify Current Window'. In GP ver 8 I don't seem to have access to the main window. I get the message 'No window available to modify'. I'd like to access that main window in GP 8. Can anyone tell me the equivelent name of the Main_Menu_1 window in GP 8? Maybe I can select it manually another way. Thanks Kevin R Kevin The Main_Me...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

Outlook
My auot archiving is turned on and set to auto archive every 7 days. There are certain folders that do not auto archive even though all folder are set to use the default setting of 7 day. I'm not sure why some folders are not auto archiving. Please help. Archiving works on the modified date of the items, not the received or sent date. If you have accessed the item in the last 7 days, the modified date will be the date you last accessed the item and fall outside of your 7 days or older parameter. Try this - add the modified date to your folder and then sort by that date. You can see...

GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50" Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am playing with this product. Thanks, Abid, You m...