AP Batch Not Posting Through to GL

We are using GP v8.0 and our Purchasing Posting setup is to use batches and
Post Through to the GL.  I just noticed a batch posted today sitting in the
Financial Batches (a PMTRX batch).  This should have posted through to the
GL.  I have checked the transactions and all look ok.  All have proper GL
account distributions and all are in balance.  The Fiscal Period is open for
both Purchasing and Financial and the Posting settings all seem fine. (Post
through to GL and we do not require batch approvals or anything like that)
Also the person posting the batch did not notice any issue when posting ?  I
can only think that something must have happened to interrupt GP's processing
of this batch ??

The other thing we noticed is that if we query a transaction in this batch
using Smartlist and use Account Transactions and search on TRX Date or
Journal Entry Number the items do show up but if we do a GL Inquiry or Print
a GL Detailed ATB for the account the transaction is not there.  Does
Smartlist "Account Transaction" query draw from some other table or something
???????
0
clyde (32)

Hey Clyde

Have you tried to re-post the batch? Any error messages?

it almost sounds like the user hit the save button instead of the post
button.I know, i know they swear they posted it.

I believe the smartlist also looks at the open transactions (In a batch not
posted.)

Cheers

Fliehigh

"Clyde" wrote:

> We are using GP v8.0 and our Purchasing Posting setup is to use batches and
> Post Through to the GL.  I just noticed a batch posted today sitting in the
> Financial Batches (a PMTRX batch).  This should have posted through to the
> GL.  I have checked the transactions and all look ok.  All have proper GL
> account distributions and all are in balance.  The Fiscal Period is open for
> both Purchasing and Financial and the Posting settings all seem fine. (Post
> through to GL and we do not require batch approvals or anything like that)
> Also the person posting the batch did not notice any issue when posting ?  I
> can only think that something must have happened to interrupt GP's processing
> of this batch ??
>
> The other thing we noticed is that if we query a transaction in this batch
> using Smartlist and use Account Transactions and search on TRX Date or
> Journal Entry Number the items do show up but if we do a GL Inquiry or Print
> a GL Detailed ATB for the account the transaction is not there.  Does
> Smartlist "Account Transaction" query draw from some other table or something
> ???????
0
Fliehigh (443)
9/11/2008 5:30:05 PM
Clyde,

The Account Transactions SmartList will show anything posted or unposted,
but the inquires and reports will only show posted transactions.  You've
already verified that they are not posted, since you can see the batch as
unposted, but as a double check, you can bring in a column called Document
Status - unposted will say 'Work'.

As to why the batch didn't post through....here are the reasons I can think
of:

1. Only things that are posted to the subledger as individual transactions
(not in a batch) will not post through, but I believe you said these were in
a purchasing batch.

2. There is an issue that might not be evident from looking at the
transactions.  Have you printed a batch edit list to verify that these will,
indeed, post with no errors?

3. When posting settings are changed after a batch is created, sometimes
that screws things up.  Not sure if your settings were changed recently?
This is usually a tough one to pin down.

4. Security.  The person posting the purchasing batch may not have had
appropriate permissions to post GL batches.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Clyde" <Clyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using GP v8.0 and our Purchasing Posting setup is to use batches
> and
> Post Through to the GL.  I just noticed a batch posted today sitting in
> the
> Financial Batches (a PMTRX batch).  This should have posted through to the
> GL.  I have checked the transactions and all look ok.  All have proper GL
> account distributions and all are in balance.  The Fiscal Period is open
> for
> both Purchasing and Financial and the Posting settings all seem fine.
> (Post
> through to GL and we do not require batch approvals or anything like that)
> Also the person posting the batch did not notice any issue when posting ?
> can only think that something must have happened to interrupt GP's
> processing
> of this batch ??
>
> The other thing we noticed is that if we query a transaction in this batch
> using Smartlist and use Account Transactions and search on TRX Date or
> Journal Entry Number the items do show up but if we do a GL Inquiry or
> Print
> a GL Detailed ATB for the account the transaction is not there.  Does
> Smartlist "Account Transaction" query draw from some other table or
> something
> ???????

0
victoria (3338)
9/11/2008 5:33:26 PM
Thanks for the response.

I have now re-posted the batch and there were no errors.

The user did not save instead of posting.  It was a payables transaction
batch so if they saved the batch would still be in AP but the batch was in
Financial/GL so they had to have posted it for it to get that far.  And as
mentioned there were no errors when I posted from Financial so I still don't
know why it didn't post through properly from AP ??

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Hey Clyde
>
> Have you tried to re-post the batch? Any error messages?
>
> it almost sounds like the user hit the save button instead of the post
> button.I know, i know they swear they posted it.
>
> I believe the smartlist also looks at the open transactions (In a batch not
> posted.)
>
> Cheers
>
> Fliehigh
>
> "Clyde" wrote:
>
> > We are using GP v8.0 and our Purchasing Posting setup is to use batches and
> > Post Through to the GL.  I just noticed a batch posted today sitting in the
> > Financial Batches (a PMTRX batch).  This should have posted through to the
> > GL.  I have checked the transactions and all look ok.  All have proper GL
> > account distributions and all are in balance.  The Fiscal Period is open for
> > both Purchasing and Financial and the Posting settings all seem fine. (Post
> > through to GL and we do not require batch approvals or anything like that)
> > Also the person posting the batch did not notice any issue when posting ?  I
> > can only think that something must have happened to interrupt GP's processing
> > of this batch ??
> >
> > The other thing we noticed is that if we query a transaction in this batch
> > using Smartlist and use Account Transactions and search on TRX Date or
> > Journal Entry Number the items do show up but if we do a GL Inquiry or Print
> > a GL Detailed ATB for the account the transaction is not there.  Does
> > Smartlist "Account Transaction" query draw from some other table or something
> > ???????
0
clyde (32)
9/11/2008 11:08:07 PM
Victoria,

Thanks for your reply.  I do not contribute too often to the forum but read
it when I have time and I always read any posts that you make because you
clearly know what you are talking about.  Your [MVP] designation is well
deserved !

Still don't know why the batch didn't post but I have now posted from
Financial and everything appears ok.  The batch edit list had no errors and
as I just said it posted fine.

Also , I am sure that nothing has changed with the Posting Settings and or
Security for the user who tried to post the A/P batch.  We only have 2 users
(Myself and the person who posted the batch)  I am the only one who would do
anything with security and Posting settings.

Anyway , thanks again for your comments and keep up the good work.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Clyde,
>
> The Account Transactions SmartList will show anything posted or unposted,
> but the inquires and reports will only show posted transactions.  You've
> already verified that they are not posted, since you can see the batch as
> unposted, but as a double check, you can bring in a column called Document
> Status - unposted will say 'Work'.
>
> As to why the batch didn't post through....here are the reasons I can think
> of:
>
> 1. Only things that are posted to the subledger as individual transactions
> (not in a batch) will not post through, but I believe you said these were in
> a purchasing batch.
>
> 2. There is an issue that might not be evident from looking at the
> transactions.  Have you printed a batch edit list to verify that these will,
> indeed, post with no errors?
>
> 3. When posting settings are changed after a batch is created, sometimes
> that screws things up.  Not sure if your settings were changed recently?
> This is usually a tough one to pin down.
>
> 4. Security.  The person posting the purchasing batch may not have had
> appropriate permissions to post GL batches.
>

> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>

> "Clyde" <Clyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are using GP v8.0 and our Purchasing Posting setup is to use batches
> > and
> > Post Through to the GL.  I just noticed a batch posted today sitting in
> > the
> > Financial Batches (a PMTRX batch).  This should have posted through to the
> > GL.  I have checked the transactions and all look ok.  All have proper GL
> > account distributions and all are in balance.  The Fiscal Period is open
> > for
> > both Purchasing and Financial and the Posting settings all seem fine.
> > (Post
> > through to GL and we do not require batch approvals or anything like that)
> > Also the person posting the batch did not notice any issue when posting ?
> > can only think that something must have happened to interrupt GP's
> > processing
> > of this batch ??
> >
> > The other thing we noticed is that if we query a transaction in this batch
> > using Smartlist and use Account Transactions and search on TRX Date or
> > Journal Entry Number the items do show up but if we do a GL Inquiry or
> > Print
> > a GL Detailed ATB for the account the transaction is not there.  Does
> > Smartlist "Account Transaction" query draw from some other table or
> > something
> > ???????

0
clyde (32)
9/11/2008 11:20:02 PM
Clyde,

Thank you very much!  Your post just made my week!

--

> [...]
>> > (Post
>> > through to GL and we do not require batch approvals or anything like
>> > that)
>> > Also the person posting the batch did not notice any issue when posting
>> > ?
>> > can only think that something must have happened to interrupt GP's
>> > processing
>> > of this batch ??
>> >
>> > The other thing we noticed is that if we query a transaction in this
>> > batch
>> > using Smartlist and use Account Transactions and search on TRX Date or
>> > Journal Entry Number the items do show up but if we do a GL Inquiry or
>> > Print
>> > a GL Detailed ATB for the account the transaction is not there.  Does
>> > Smartlist "Account Transaction" query draw from some other table or

0
victoria (3338)

Top Posting
Why do so many people here top post? It makes hard for others to read what's going on when they have to scroll to the bottom to find out the problem, then scroll back to the top to find the solution. In message <vrpghum743ie72@corp.supernews.com>, Joe Estock <jestock@NOSPAMnutextonline.com> writes >Why do so many people here top post? It makes hard for others to read what's >going on when they have to scroll to the bottom to find out the problem, >then scroll back to the top to find the solution. Quite. Its like answering a question before you've bothered ...

NNTP threading lost when viewing posted content in Public Folders.
L.S. The company I work for has setup a NNTP/Public Folder infrastructure to provide both Outlook as Non-Outlook users with newsgroups. If a Non Outlook user posts a number of messages through a default NNTP client (Outlook Express or Thunderbird) message threading is maintained for all other NNTP clients. If a Outlook users opens the Public Folder in which the news group is stored (NNTP storage location=Public Folder), threading is no longer there. Further investigation showed that: - The standard (NNTP) message header fields "References"and "In-Reply-To" are pres...

GL reprint general posting journals.
how do you reprint general posting journals (GLTRX prefix)? Specifically, if you have a date range, and GLTRX range or a subsidiary range (e. g. PMTRX from the purchasing module), can you print the associated GL transactions? You have to use the cross reference reports. Unlike the other modules, you can't reprint the specific GL posting journal reports. Kind of a drag, isn't it? "KL" wrote: > how do you reprint general posting journals (GLTRX prefix)? Specifically, if > you have a date range, and GLTRX range or a subsidiary range (e. g. PMTRX > from the p...

Adding to settlement batch
I inadvertently made the mistake of switching off Mastercard processing, and although the sales were made, the MC charges were never added to the settlement batch. My customers have been gracious enough to provide their numbers again so that I can run the cards, but now what do I do with them? I can't cancel the old sale, because it will try to credit (add to batch) the customer's account; I can't ring up a new sale, because then I'm double-booking. I tried to settle the transactions via phone, but evidently I can't because I cannot be set up for multiple settleme...

Recurring receivables batch
For some reason we have a problem with 1 of our monthly recurring batches we can normally post it twice without any problems. On the third month we have the problem, we receive an error 'Table update interrupted'. We are continously adding to and deleting from the batch. We have approximately 10 other recurring batches and do not have the same issue with those. Any ideas what could be happening? Thanks, Jean The batch may be corrupted. At this time it is best to create a new recurring batch and move all transactions from the old batch to the new one, then remove the old one. ...

APS server
i want to know the details of APS server "dinesh" <dinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E3CC452-8BA9-4664-A748-D31DFE439F12@microsoft.com... >i want to know the details of APS server Errr.... Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the term, but... APS server? -- f.h. Google is your friend. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, dinesh asked: | i want to know the details of APS s...

Billing Batch error in Project Accounting
I was in the middle of posting a billing batch when my system crashed. Now, if I try to open the batch, I get an error 'You cannot enter a BATCH ID that has unposted receivable transactions. Post the Batch or delete it before you can enter this Batch ID.' I am seeing the transactions for this batch in both PA13100 and PA23100. The batch status is zero in SY00500. The batch is not visible in SY00800. Please help what to do next. HI Scott Have you tried running a batch recovery? "scott" wrote: > I was in the middle of posting a billing batch when my > syste...

Payables Batch Creator
We're trying to create a report showing the outstanding batches and who created them. The only problem is that most of the batches sitting in the SY00500 table do not have a USERID value. Is that normal? Is there somewhere else I can look to see who created the batch? Oh, they're on version 10, build 1129. "jp@CBS" wrote: > We're trying to create a report showing the outstanding batches and who > created them. The only problem is that most of the batches sitting in the > SY00500 table do not have a USERID value. Is that normal? Is there somewhere > el...

AP Invoices on Hold
Hello! How can we put all AP transactions on hold after posting? Thanks!! Everything??? In V10 you can open the Payables Transactions List on the desktop (Click the Purchasing tile then select Payables Transactions in the Navigation Explorer), click the check box at the top of the list of transactions, and then click on the Apply Hold icon. You can also mark selected transactions or apply a filter to the list to select specific transactions. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check ou...

Can a CWnd receive posted messages postmortem
Hi I have analyzed a crash dump and found that CWnd::WindowProc is invoked with this belonging to a free heap block. This crash occurs seldom. Why can this happen ? Is it an indication on some improper cleanup (missing DestroyWindow etc) ? The message nr is WM_USER+4, the app is frequently posting it. The program is a huge MFC 7.0 app with a lot of windows creation / deletion. Thank You Kjell Gunnar Some output from WinDbg: 0:000> knL # ChildEBP RetAddr 00 0012fb98 00d82332 MyImage!ATL::CSimpleStringT<char>::GetLength+0xf 01 0012fbb4 00db6dbc MyImage!ATL::operator++0x42 02 001...

Batch Verification window?
We have an individual who was in a SOP invoice, and when looking up the address, an error appeared that read: "A deleted batch has been created. Please make sure to process the deleted batch from the Batch Verification window before settlement." Has anyone seen this message before and know what it is releated to or know what needs to be done to resolve this? I'm not even sure which window it is referring to. Thanks in advance. ...

Checkbook balances only what is posted
I'm making a checkbook (shown below) in excel and I have a poste column. If the posted column has a "Y" in it then that row has bee posted and I either add the deposit or subtract the withdrawl. I ca get the SUM statement to work to take the previous balance and add th deposit AND subtract the withdrawl with the following line, =SUM($F2,C3,-D3). I can get the line =SUM(IF(E4:E13="Y",C4,D4)) to do calculations if th posted coulmn has a "Y" in it but I can't get it do do all of i together C D E F 1 DEPO...

Timesheet Posting
We have a requirement that each line item entry on a timesheet posts to the period in which the work was conducted as opposed to the date of the timesheet. For instance if I have a timesheet for the week of March 30, work in that week covers both March and April. The timesheet entries for March need to post to March and those in April need to post in April. In the timesheet setup I can select to post by batch date or timesheet date, in this case the timesheet would be dated the last day of the week, April 5. Neither of these dates work. Our accountants are unwilling to budge on this requiremen...

FYI: postings not appearing in MS Discussion Groups again
Messages posted using Google Groups and the MSNews server (msnews.microsoft.com) are not appearing in MS Discussion Groups again. This instance of the problem began some time between 1:19am and 10:12am on Dec 7, 2009 -- "a date which will live in infamy" ;-). Messages posted using the MSDG web interface continue to appear in GG and the MSNews server. If we want to respond to someone who posted using the MSDG interface, we will have to use the MSDG interface ourselves :-( until the problem is fixed. PS: After the problem was fixed the last time, MSDG did catch u...

Web AP / Scanning AP Invoices
Does anyone have experience with scanning AP invoices and attaching in GP? I saw that someone mentioned Web AP in an earlier post. Anyone using this program? we are gettin ready to implement one where you can enter ap on the web and attach ascanne dimage. It looks awesome. brian@dataresolution.net -- Brian Connell Data Resolution "Debbie" wrote: > Does anyone have experience with scanning AP invoices and attaching in GP? I > saw that someone mentioned Web AP in an earlier post. Anyone using this > program? ...

payables batch entry transaction button keyboard alternative
On Payables Batch Entry screen, the keyboard alternative [CTRL-R] does not work. When I use the control key combination fto launch the 'Transaction' button, I get the Reports drop down menu instead. THE 'R' IN TRANSACTION DOES DISPLAY AN UNDERSCORE CHARACTER, LEADING ME TO BELIEVE THIS FUNCTIONALITY SHOULD EXIST. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

Export/Import Newsgroup Posts with OE6
Hello, I have *.dbx files for a single newsgroup on different Windows computers and the dates don't overlap. I would like to consolidate them into one *.dbx file to enable searching for key words on one computer only. There are a lot of great posts in this group, but I didn't see anything addressing this topic. Your help is greatly appreciated!! Firstly, OE only 'mirrors' what is on the server. Any message that was removed from the server is gone unless you saved it to a user created folder. The dbx files cannot be merged anyway. If they were for ...

AP Multi Company Applying AP Credits
Hello, we have recently installed multi company (binary stream) for our AP system. We have 40+ databases with a shared vendor database and we cut the AP checks from one database. Our problem is that we need to apply credits to open invoices for that certian company but with multi company the credits are applying to random open invocies issued to our other company databases. This is causing havic with our vendors. We have tried the direct apply method but then the credits don't print on the check and it just appears we have random short paid an invoice. Can anyone help or point me in t...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Payables batch hung
First of all I am running Great Plains version 9.0.331. I have a batch that is stuck. We go into Batch Recovery window and select the batch that won't post, and select the Continue button. An error appears: Batch PAYABLES failed to complete posting. Use the Batch Recovery window to complete the posting process. (Well we are already in the Batch Recovery window) click the More Info button and see the additional information: "A save operation on table 'PM_Transaction_WORK' caused a sharing error." We go into each transaction in the batch, and the final line item in e...

Batch file to launch excel2000 ?
In XP v 5.1 is there a way to launch excel2000 from the command line with two workbooks available? I find nothing on Google. I have tried: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" C:\folder\filename1.xls C:\folder\filename2.xls START "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" START C:\folder\filename1.xls START C:\folder\filename2.xls START "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" cd C:\folder\ START C:\folder\filename1.xls START C:\folder\filename2.xls etc. Thank you, Otmar Hi Otmar, All on one line with spaces as delimite...

Auto Batch Posting
We are currently using Great Plains 8.0 and we are planning to automate the batch posting process in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables. Does any one has a tool to do this one. Any ideas is appreciated. Thanks, Vishnu ...

5.5 to 2003
I've just gone through the exdeploy wizard to get the first 2003 server added to our existing 5.5 site/org. I've not gone beyond the wizard yet, so no mailboxes have been moved, no public folders migrated, pretty much everything is at the defaults. Should I do anything before installing Exchange 2003 SP2 or is it best to put that on right away and then start to migrate mailboxes/public folders etc? cheers, Paul Go ahead and do SP2 and any other patching right away. "Paul Hutchings" <paul@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:Xns975EA15FA12C0paulspamcopnet@207.46...

CanPay batch export
Does anyone know from where (which tables) the data for a batch export is drawn from? Thanks I believe it's CPY30260. "noyb" <noyb@anoynomous.ca> wrote in message news:eLHF7RJvGHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know from where (which tables) the data for a batch export is > drawn from? > Thanks Thanks for reply, CPY30260 looks right. A further question relates to batch by batch info. for employees for whom we use the distribution window to distribute wages which vary to numerous programs. Is this info. kept in a file after the batch is compl...

Excel 2000 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package Q841881
Hello, I was trying to get the Excel2000 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package as mentioned in kb/841881. Unfortunately, MS does not provide any support for the Office2000-line anymore. Therefore they won't and according to the support engineer on the phone - they can't offer me the hotfix anymore. Does anybody in this newsgroup have the hotfix stored somewhere in the deepest inner of his network infrastructure? It would be nice if somebody could let me know or give me a link where I could download the file(s). Many thanks in advance, Sven ...