Allow Auto-assignment of Vendor ID

Many companies use a Vendor number before converting to Great Plains.
Several of these clients have expressed dissatisfaction with the inability to
have the Vendor ID assigned automatically by GP.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7cb15287-7c27-4f48-a7ba-ae3748f2d253&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
RudyG (7)

Ethotech has an add-on product called Next Numeric Collection that does this
for vendors and other master records in GP.  www.ethotech.com

Good luck!

"RudyG" wrote:

> Many companies use a Vendor number before converting to Great Plains.
> Several of these clients have expressed dissatisfaction with the inability to
> have the Vendor ID assigned automatically by GP.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7cb15287-7c27-4f48-a7ba-ae3748f2d253&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges
Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem: Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add. This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right newsgroup even? Any hints will be greatly appreciated. ...

Pub. '03-Auto Format, replace Ordinals (1st) with superscript?
Where did it go? I can't type 1st, 2nd, etc. and have it auto replace to include supersript. ...

Assigning Resources Without Knowing Names
If you don't have names of resources to assign for a task but just know you need 4 programmers, do you have to add P1 [100], P2 [100], P3 [100], P4 [100] separately to a task or can you just add Programmers with 500% (max units)? I tried "Programmers" with 500% max units, it shows a resource over allocation...when its actually not...any help will be greatly appreciated. -- teena139 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ teena139's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/198679.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena...

Auto Archive #2
Auto Archive has requested to archive my Outlook folders, I click OK but when checking the Archive section I see no e-mail. The policies are to delete only items older than 12 mos. and the archive.pst file is in the proper place as listed. It is importsnt that these messages be available. Thanks Have you checked to make sure the messages are actually being removed from your primary Outlook file? If they're not, then AutoArchive isn't doing anything to them at all. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Ou...

field service allow setup of cycle charge allowed up to
Field service needs to allow the setup in meter readings to have an amount for each meter reading that is not charged versus just a maximum in the base field. For instance the customer each meter reading gets the first 1000 cycles at no charge and .05 per cycle over the allowance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

Out of Office Assistant Auto Reply not working
The out of office assistant does not send a note to anyone outside of my network. Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server. Auto Reply is sent to anyone that is local on my network but does not send outside. Any suggestions? Automatic replies to the internet are disabled by default in Exchange 5.5 and later. Check wth your Exchange administrator to see if he/she is willing to change this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a6f01c3d3b4$300761b...

Does Outlook 2003 allow multiple Exchange accounts?
Hi, I was wondering if Microsoft figured out a way to have more than one Exchange accounts in Outlook 2003? I realize that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in Outlook 2002 provided that I set them up as POP3 or IMAP. I'm talking about having multiple pure Exchange accounts w/ calendar and everthing. Thanks, Sam Nope. Only 1 Exchange account is still supported when working against 2 or more sites. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sam" <sam@iqinternet.com> wrote in message news:e1sEVVao...

Sender ID question
in Sender ID do i enter in just the servers that relay inbound email into my network, or do i put in the internal ip address scheme on the network? Also my should i enter in the external interface of my firewall into Sender ID as well? Thanks Can you specify where you are looking at? Are you talking about the General tab on the Message Delivery properties? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21FA5B69-5845-43DE-B093...

serialize address ID for customers
We would like our address ids to be automatically allotted sequentially starting 10001. We do not have VBA. Can this be done straight through sql? Sincerely, James No, you would have to use Dexterity or vba to do this as there isn't anything in GP that "defaults" address id's. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB00187-F74E-492A-BC4E-643F9091840F@microsoft.com... > We would like our address ids to be auto...

read only form allows date to change
I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date fields. When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be changed. The rest of the fields are read only. Any suggestions. Thanks Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note" stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click: Exi...

Process id ...win 98
Hi, How to get the process id under win98 working environment. plz reply. vinay You may try Process32First/Process32Next win32 API. Your question does not specify the circumstances under which you wish to obtain the process ID. Any specific requirements ? Regards, Tan "Vinay" <v.sheel@mailcity.com> wrote in message news:%239O2x22%23DHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How to get the process id under win98 working environment. > > plz reply. > > vinay > > I want to do it at kernel level.I am writing a filter driver. PsGetCurrentProcessId(...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

what does whitespace not allowed in this location mean and how do.
i am importing data in csv to excel but it says 'file not loaded- whitespace not allowed in this location' what does that mean? and how do i cahnge it? ...

Auto capitalize after colon?
I do medical transcription, and my reports have to follow this format: HEADING: Paragraph. HEADING: Paragraph. How can I get Word to auto capitalize the first word in the sentence following the colon? Another transcriptionist asked this question in 2006 and was told it is not possible. Does anyone know if upgrading to Word 2007 would make a difference? No, there is no change in Word 2007 in this regard. Because capitalization after a colon depends on context, it is unlikely ever to be made automatic. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type F...

Allowing pictures to download in Outlook 2002
My boss is using Outlook 2002 and I can't find this setting: Pictures don't download in his emails In 2003 it's under Tools - Options - Security - Change Automatic Download settings. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

If field value has changed allow an audit
Hi, Some will have objections to what I am doing and call it messy - but anyway. If a field has had its value changed I want to be able to continue with the audit if it has not then - allow the form to close without saving. So I have added the following to the forms beforeUpdate. The two fields that I want to check are numeric Me!Eng_Cost and Me!Ext_Cost I have tried the .Dirty and it is not intended to work here. So Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) ' Confirm with user that this record is to be modified Dim updRecord As Byte updRecord = MsgBox(...

Auto Increment the ToolBar date
Does anyone have an idea on how I can auto increment the date on the ToolBar each night at the stroke of midnight? I'v'e tried to use vba code to do this but I've not been successfull. The real problem I seem to have is that the "BeforeModalDialog" is not executing. I don't see my msgbox text ever... Any tips greatly appreciated! Kevin ===== Private Sub Window_BeforeModalDialog(ByVal DlgType As Long, PromptString As String, Control1String As String, Control2String As String, Control3String As String, Answer As Long) msgbox "Selected" If Left(PromptSt...

Don't allow checks in Payroll to be dated back to a closed year.
Clients occationally enter a check date in error there are not errors or warnings to provent them from posting the check back to the closed year. There are safeguards for Financial to keep it from posting to the GL, but not payroll. Luckily the client can remove the 2004 year end file, void the checks and then re-create the year end file. We would like to see some prevention in this area. You have marked the periods in the prior year closed for the Payroll module? "JJONES from InterDyn-Artis" <JJONES from InterDyn-Artis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Allow multiple Select
Also, I'm having problems working with multiple select from CFileDialog. I have trouble accessing the files. I can't quite understand what itmeans by: "replacing m_ofn.lpstrFile with a pointer to a buffer you have allocated" thanks for your help CFileDialog dlg TCHAR szFiles[1000]; dlg.m_ofn.lpstrFile = &szFiles "Henry" <abshhkc@bath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Hrr8B9.513@bath.ac.uk... > Also, I'm having problems working with multiple select from CFileDialog. > > I have trouble accessing the files. I can't quite understand what it...

Event ID 8270 MSExchangeAL
Hi, I am repeatedly getting this error in my event viewer every 6 hours: LDAP returned the error [32] Insufficient Rights when importing the transaction dn: CN=Recipient Update Service (JJYT),CN=Recipient Update Services,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=JJYT,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=JJYT,DC=LOCAL changetype: Modify msExchServer1LastUpdateTime:20060116143914.0Z msExchServer1HighestUSN:156341 msExchServer1HighestUSNVector:ROOTDC00:156341 : ROOTDC01:191433 - I am going to guess this has been caused by moving the RUS from my FE server. When I first tried to make t...

how to enable Allow Sales Documents Commitments
Hello, is there a way to always have the Allow Sales Documents Commitments checkbox automatically checked when creating a PO? If one forgets to check it, then from the SOP side you can't link to that PO. Thanks hd With your Sales Trx Entry window open, before entering any line items go up to extras>>options>>drop ship item. As you enter items it will check the box. This is about as automatic as it gets as far as I know. This would apply to all GP versions 9 and prior. I'm not sure about version 10. In the past I noticed somewhat of a bug with that c...

Auto Save Add-In
Dear "Guest" I can not understand your complaint, I think you need to read th thread from beginning to end. Dave suggested a macro to resolve my problem of Auto Save not retainin its settings; and I asked him for more details on how to enter th macro. As far as I am concerned it is all relevant to the query and you hav no need to slag us off. PS Be brave and Log I -- Charles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CharlesF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=874 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Auto empty Delted Items
Hi, Is there any way to automatically delete the items held within the deleted items folder perhaps in a script that runs at a certain time on exchange 2003? I have noticed a number of users that just keep items forever in this folder... and i am sure there must be others too! Looks at creating a Mailbox Manager Recipient policy. Exchange System Manager, Recipients, Recipient Policies. Right-click, New, Recipient policy - type: Mailbox Manager settings. I'd recommend running it in report mode first to make sure it is going to do what you want it to. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP ...

Allow purchase orders to update supplier reorder numbers
Allow for updating of supplier part #’s (aka reorder #’s) when placing and receiving a purchase order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a8a08d29-f4cb-44cc-89...