Adding an account segment

Follow
Email
Is it possible to add an account segment to Dynamics GP (v9)?  We always used
4 segments but we might have to go to a 5th one.  If it is possible, I guess
there will have to be some tool to do it since all your existing accounts
will now have an empty segment and the installation files for GP will
probably have to be updated to reflect the change in the number of segments.

Thanks
--
Pieter
0

Hi Peter,

This can be done.  Where in the current account format do you want to
add the segment?  At the end would be easiest but can be done
otherwise.  There are a couple of tools available for this -
Mircosoft's Professional Services Tool LIbrary has a tool for changing
the account format.  It's available thru your GP partner.  There's
another tool called 'Reformatter' that allows you to do the same.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Reply Frank 7/26/2010 5:50:55 PM
Follow
Email

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Cannot finish balancing account
I am having a problem balancing my account in Money 2002. I can get to the list of transactions and mark them all as Cleared. When I try to click Next to finish up, nothing happens. So, I have to postpone balancing the account, because that's all I can do. I have been having problems with some of my transactions. The first time I tried to balance the account, some items did not want to be marked as Clear. I tried to delete those transactions so that I could enter them again, but I couldn't delete them either. I ended up having to repair my Money file with Microsoft's ...

ADDING A NUMBER

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

email accounts
I've Just created a new, second email account, using a different email address with the same username and password my isp gave me when I set up my first one. The problem is how can I see the new accounts emails? I've sent emails to the new account but when I try to access them using "Windows Mail" (I'm running Vista) I get nothing? If I send an email from my first account to my first account it comes through ok! Help I'm Baffled!!!! -- omer Back up, Bucko. Did you create this new email address on your own or did you work with your ISP to create it?...

Incorrect Account Value
I'm using money 2003 and it seems that my account values for my investment accounts are incorrect. When I look in my portfolio the stocks and cash add up to the total account value (this figure is correct), but when I look at the totals on the main accounts list page the # is quite different. I understand that this number is coming from the account value total which is displayed when you click on view invetment transactions within each account, but this # is incorrect. Any suggestions?? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, E M wrote: >I'm using money 2003 and it seems th...

Association an Activity to an Account AND a Contact.
Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact and an Account? Yes, except for tasks. With the others you can use Regarding for the Account and the Contact would be in the Recipient field. If there is a "JMC" <JMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51AC9E41-31C6-44A7-AEC9-CBD40A330231@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact > and an Account? ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Display Owner of the account
When I look my contacts i see the account that the contact belongs to. How do I display the account owner name on this view where I see my active contacts? thanks On 28 jan, 14:09, "msnews.microsoft.com" <happysan...@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I look my contacts i see the account that the contact belongs to. > > How do I display the account owner name on this view where I see my active > contacts? > > thanks If you are working with CRM 3.0 this is not possible, on CRM 4.0 you take it, because you have possibility to select fields from related entities....

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

setting up an email account
I have POP3 account and use Outlook03. I want to setup an email account for a limited user account. I went through the new user process to set up a profile, but when I set up the email account with the password I created for the limited user, the email account test fails. The message is that the password is not valid or acc epted by the email service. "justapicker" <justapicker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC77AAB6-E97A-4776-A4EF-EC8091A17355@microsoft.com... >I have POP3 account and use Outlook03. I want to setup an email account for >a > l...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

In House Accounts (Charge Accounts) for POS
I recently purchased the MS Dynamics POS 2.0 system for a small coffee shop and I need to have the ability of in house accounts (charge accounts) that allows certain customers to purchase items under their account and pay on it weekly, bi-weekly or whenever it hits a certain limit. I spoke to Microsoft support and they informed me that it just can not be done in the POS version that I have. So I am asking for some help from the newsgroup to see if anyone might have a solution for me. It seems that this function should be something that is built into the system since it happens all the...

Outlook 2003 & Multiple Accounts
Hi - I have just upgraded to 2003 from 2000 (becauase it kept crashing) I have 4 e-mail addresses for different parts of my role and have installed all of them in the email accounts section - however - despite which one I select from the accounts drop down in my e-mail it sends only from the first account. Also a similar issue occured with a collegue of mine trying to use the rules wizard to sort by which account the e-mails came from - as soon as you hit the OK button the "specified account name" defaults back to the first on the list. Any ideas One acct must be the default. W...