Adding an account segment

  • Follow

Is it possible to add an account segment to Dynamics GP (v9)?  We always used
4 segments but we might have to go to a 5th one.  If it is possible, I guess
there will have to be some tool to do it since all your existing accounts
will now have an empty segment and the installation files for GP will
probably have to be updated to reflect the change in the number of segments.

Thanks
--
Pieter
0

Hi Peter,

This can be done.  Where in the current account format do you want to
add the segment?  At the end would be easiest but can be done
otherwise.  There are a couple of tools available for this -
Mircosoft's Professional Services Tool LIbrary has a tool for changing
the account format.  It's available thru your GP partner.  There's
another tool called 'Reformatter' that allows you to do the same.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics