How to change the Configuration Domain Controller in powershell

Hello,

    I know that you can change the Configuration Domain Controller in
Exchange Management Console but not how to set that for powershell. If I
use powershell he always uses by default a domain controller from
another site, causing seriously performance problems.

Thanks a lot in advance

PS. I use HyperV to test a configuration with different sites, maybe
that is causing problems in the automatical
0
Marc

Most EMS commands have a -DomainController switch that allows you to specify
the DC you want the command executed against.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Marc Mertens" <marc.mertens@globalknowledge.be> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>    I know that you can change the Configuration Domain Controller in
> Exchange Management Console but not how to set that for powershell. If I
> use powershell he always uses by default a domain controller from another
> site, causing seriously performance problems.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> PS. I use HyperV to test a configuration with different sites, maybe that
> is causing problems in the automatical

0
Ed
11/13/2009 7:39:33 AM
Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
> Most EMS commands have a -DomainController switch that allows you to
> specify the DC you want the command executed against.
Thanks,

     I was already aware of this option but I wanted a global setting.
By looking at some global variables I have found the setting
$AdminSessionADSettings.ConfigurationDomainController which I think is
what I need. This thread may thus be closed

Thanks for your help

Marc
0
Marc

OWA: how to login without entering domain?
Hi, we have recently update from OWA 5.5 and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and OWA, before migration, we can log in to OWA 5.5 using user - password, with default domain configured in exchange 5.5 IIS. now in Exchange 2003, with the default domain option configured, we cannot log in and we have to use domain\user - password what can we do? the configuration is similar, thanks and regards First article in http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=global&query=owa+default+domain&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=...

External data link change

how to display a activex control to toolbar?
i want to display a mfc activex control on toolbar, how to do? thanks The articel below shows how to add any control in a toolbar. THat will be a good start: http://www.codeguru.com/article.php/c2547 Another easy option might be to use a CDialogBar, which is based on a dialog template. It might be easy to add ActiveX to a dialog instead. --- Ajay ...

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Configuring OWA web forms for Inboxes ?
I have been digging around over the last day or two to try and find out how to register custom web forms for use in the Outlook Web Access interface - either through Exchange Explorer or programatically. After a bit of a struggle I managed to get the Microsoft example to work from the Exchange SDK (registering a custom form to the open event of a public folder in Exchange), but have not managed to do the same for a user's inbox. Here's some of the code I have tried... the Outlook Web Access client it taking absolutely no notice of it... any ideas? install MsgBox "Done" ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Sent messages viewed as spam on other domains
I've just set up a Server 2003 environment with Exchange 2003. I'm working on sending and receiving messages using the Outlook Web Access feature. I am able to send and receive messages to other domains, say address@gmail.com or address@yahoo.com. My problem is that my email messages are going into Google and Yahoo's spam folders. How do I prevent my outgoing messages as being viewed as spam? Thanks Hans On 19 Sep 2006 11:55:42 -0700, "hans" <hans.russell@gmail.com> wrote: >I've just set up a Server 2003 environment with Exchange 2003. I'm >wo...

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...

changes made but how do I revert !
When I deleted messages they used to dissapear straight away. Now when I delete a message it has a strike through line but the message remains, although it dissapears after I close outlook. I should also add that I use SPAM Inspector but I think this is an Outlook problem caused by some changes. the moral here is change one thing at a time ! Any ideas from anyone. email address required remove to be removed ! Kind regards Nigel Are you using an IMAP account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.co...