How to change the Configuration Domain Controller in powershell

  • Follow

Hello,

    I know that you can change the Configuration Domain Controller in
Exchange Management Console but not how to set that for powershell. If I
use powershell he always uses by default a domain controller from
another site, causing seriously performance problems.

Thanks a lot in advance

PS. I use HyperV to test a configuration with different sites, maybe
that is causing problems in the automatical
0
Reply Marc 11/13/2009 6:54:33 AM

Most EMS commands have a -DomainController switch that allows you to specify
the DC you want the command executed against.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Marc Mertens" <marc.mertens@globalknowledge.be> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>    I know that you can change the Configuration Domain Controller in
> Exchange Management Console but not how to set that for powershell. If I
> use powershell he always uses by default a domain controller from another
> site, causing seriously performance problems.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> PS. I use HyperV to test a configuration with different sites, maybe that
> is causing problems in the automatical

0
Reply Ed 11/13/2009 7:39:33 AM

Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
> Most EMS commands have a -DomainController switch that allows you to
> specify the DC you want the command executed against.
Thanks,

     I was already aware of this option but I wanted a global setting.
By looking at some global variables I have found the setting
$AdminSessionADSettings.ConfigurationDomainController which I think is
what I need. This thread may thus be closed

Thanks for your help

Marc
0
Reply Marc 11/13/2009 8:50:01 AM