Lock Cells with Hyperlink

  • Follow

Hey guys,

This should be pretty simple if possible, but I"m just not able to
figure it out.. I'm thinking I just overlooked it.

I have cells with hyperlinks that I want to lock.  If I protect the
sheet and do not allow the cells to be selected, the hyperlink will
not work.  If I protect the sheet and allow the cells to be selected,
it works.  The cells are locked to they can't be edited.  The problem,
not really a problem, but If I choose to allow select cells when
protected, all the cells on the sheet can be selected, whether locked
or unlocked.

Is there a way I can protect the sheet and still only allow unlocked
cells to be selected without unlocking the cells with hyperlinks?  and
not allowing all of the cells on the sheet to be selected?

Sorry if this was info overload, but trying to explain as best I can.

Thanks!
Shaun
0
Reply Storm_21_924 1/11/2010 3:46:30 PM

On Jan 11, 9:46=A0am, Storm_21_924 <shaunho...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> This should be pretty simple if possible, but I"m just not able to
> figure it out.. I'm thinking I just overlooked it.
>
> I have cells with hyperlinks that I want to lock. =A0If I protect the
> sheet and do not allow the cells to be selected, the hyperlink will
> not work. =A0If I protect the sheet and allow the cells to be selected,
> it works. =A0The cells are locked to they can't be edited. =A0The problem=
,
> not really a problem, but If I choose to allow select cells when
> protected, all the cells on the sheet can be selected, whether locked
> or unlocked.
>
> Is there a way I can protect the sheet and still only allow unlocked
> cells to be selected without unlocking the cells with hyperlinks? =A0and
> not allowing all of the cells on the sheet to be selected?
>
> Sorry if this was info overload, but trying to explain as best I can.
>
> Thanks!
> Shaun

Anything?  Anyone?
Help! :)
0
Reply Storm_21_924 1/13/2010 3:03:31 PM

Why does it matter that you can select locked cells?

If they are locked they cannot be altered or edited so no harm done.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:03:31 -0800 (PST), Storm_21_924
<shaunholtz@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Jan 11, 9:46�am, Storm_21_924 <shaunho...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> This should be pretty simple if possible, but I"m just not able to
>> figure it out.. I'm thinking I just overlooked it.
>>
>> I have cells with hyperlinks that I want to lock. �If I protect the
>> sheet and do not allow the cells to be selected, the hyperlink will
>> not work. �If I protect the sheet and allow the cells to be selected,
>> it works. �The cells are locked to they can't be edited. �The problem,
>> not really a problem, but If I choose to allow select cells when
>> protected, all the cells on the sheet can be selected, whether locked
>> or unlocked.
>>
>> Is there a way I can protect the sheet and still only allow unlocked
>> cells to be selected without unlocking the cells with hyperlinks? �and
>> not allowing all of the cells on the sheet to be selected?
>>
>> Sorry if this was info overload, but trying to explain as best I can.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Shaun
>
>Anything?  Anyone?
>Help! :)

0
Reply Gord 1/13/2010 5:10:31 PM

On Jan 13, 11:10=A0am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> Why does it matter that you can select locked cells?
>
> If they are locked they cannot be altered or edited so no harm done.
>
> Gord Dibben =A0MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:03:31 -0800 (PST), Storm_21_924
>

> <shaunho...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >On Jan 11, 9:46=A0am, Storm_21_924 <shaunho...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >> Hey guys,
>
> >> This should be pretty simple if possible, but I"m just not able to
> >> figure it out.. I'm thinking I just overlooked it.
>
> >> I have cells with hyperlinks that I want to lock. =A0If I protect the
> >> sheet and do not allow the cells to be selected, the hyperlink will
> >> not work. =A0If I protect the sheet and allow the cells to be selected=
,
> >> it works. =A0The cells are locked to they can't be edited. =A0The prob=
lem,
> >> not really a problem, but If I choose to allow select cells when
> >> protected, all the cells on the sheet can be selected, whether locked
> >> or unlocked.
>
> >> Is there a way I can protect the sheet and still only allow unlocked
> >> cells to be selected without unlocking the cells with hyperlinks? =A0a=
nd
> >> not allowing all of the cells on the sheet to be selected?
>
> >> Sorry if this was info overload, but trying to explain as best I can.
>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Shaun
>
> >Anything? =A0Anyone?
> >Help! :)- Hide quoted text -

Its more for the appearance... I know that it's functional as is.. I
was trying to clean it up a bit..
0
Reply Storm_21_924 1/13/2010 5:58:22 PM

(page loaded in 0.039 seconds)